Snow removal ticket

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Snow removal ticket

Post by Burnaby49 »

Enough of the squabbling over an issue so trivial it barely keeps me awake. My comments on it were practical, not theortical, but now we're drifting into personalities. As we all know Burnaby49 doesn't like flame wars. Save those for Dean and Menard.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I think it better to analyze this under FMOTL rules, and everyone else:

FMOTL (Abbreviated)
1. FMOTL Gets ticket for not shoveling snow
2. FMOTL Ignores Ticket
3. FMOTL gets court summons, ignores that too
4. FMOTL Gets arrested and dragged in to court
5. FMOTL Does the no Jurisdiction dance
6. FMOTL sings the no rule apply to me song
7. FMOTL Looses, has fine, plus costs
8. FMOTL Appeals, repeat 5-7.
9. FMOTL ends up owing more than ever
10. FMOTL is on the hock for large fines, and costs, and may risk jail next.

Normal guy
1. Gets Ticket
2. pays ticket, or goes to court to contest
3. Tells judge not aware their responsibility, asks nicely for leniency
4. Judge reduces or eliminates fine, job done!

So a FMOTL will go through many hoops, delay as much as possible, lose any compassion or real defense they had, and end up with more fines, more indebted, and with a possibility of jail for the actions they take after losing (ie. Liens, harrasment, etc)
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Burnaby49 wrote:Enough of the squabbling over an issue so trivial it barely keeps me awake. My comments on it were practical, not theortical, but now we're drifting into personalities. As we all know Burnaby49 doesn't like flame wars. Save those for Dean and Menard.
In all honesty, my BS detector is telling me that he is not necessarily a "freeman" per say, but rather a "get out of debt for free" type. Right from the start of this thread he came here seeking a LEGAL REMEDY to a TICKET problem that he, himself created.

If I am not mistaken, this is not the purpose of Quatloos.

Personally, I have given my best advise, but he still wants to find a way to duck his RESPONSIBILITY as a homeowner.

Done, done, done !!!
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Tsubodai
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Tsubodai »

Thanks again Hyrion and as always Burnaby. I haven't lost any sleep over it either.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Enough of the squabbling over an issue so trivial it barely keeps me awake. My comments on it were practical, not theortical, but now we're drifting into personalities. As we all know Burnaby49 doesn't like flame wars. Save those for Dean and Menard.
In all honesty, my BS detector is telling me that he is not necessarily a "freeman" per say, but rather a "get out of debt for free" type. Right from the start of this thread he came here seeking a LEGAL REMEDY to a TICKET problem that he, himself created.

If I am not mistaken, this is not the purpose of Quatloos.

Personally, I have given my best advise, but he still wants to find a way to duck his RESPONSIBILITY as a homeowner.

Done, done, done !!!
If Get Out of Debt Free wasn't a suitable subject for Quatloos we'd have to shut down the entire UK forum. And while Menard purports to be a freeman the majority of his big ideas are "something for nothing" schemes custom made for deadbeats and freeloaders. What else are his ACCP and 96 Is Your Fix if not the equivalent of get out of debt free schemes?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:If Get Out of Debt Free wasn't a suitable subject for Quatloos we'd have to shut down the entire UK forum. And while Menard purports to be a freeman the majority of his big ideas are "something for nothing" schemes custom made for deadbeats and freeloaders. What else are his ACCP and 96 Is Your Fix if not the equivalent of get out of debt free schemes?
This is a hot-button issue with me, as I consider myself to be a MORAL man to those directly around me. This is why I was eventually able to see through the freeman crap, and why Menard was the last straw that I was grasping to. All other freeman types had no MORALS what-so-ever (including Dean Clifford). Menard, at least on the surface, appeared to have some MORAL character. He would preach about respecting your neighbours and THEIR rights.

This is why I can't get on board with the idea a someone looking for a way out of shovelling their sidewalk. It has already been suggested that he doesn't even have to do it himself - pay a kid $10 or $20.

In all honesty, I fail to see the entire point of this thread.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Wake Up! Productions wrote: This is why I can't get on board with the idea a someone looking for a way out of shovelling their sidewalk. It has already been suggested that he doesn't even have to do it himself - pay a kid $10 or $20.
In all honesty, I fail to see the entire point of this thread.
Actually, these seemingly minor problems are hot button issues to bylaw enforecment officers. They may seem silly to most people, but there are elderly and/or disabled persons on a fixed income who simply cannot afford to pay someone to shovel their sidewalk. Similarly, the last time the village attempted a local improvement levy to pave our street it would increase my property taxes by $580 per year for five years, those homeowners with corner lots would have to pay double that since our village is laid out on CPR Village Plan C. :D Since the last time they attempted this was ten years ago I can only imagine that the price now has increased, and our village council is plotting another attempt to pave our street from what I have heard. I can put up with a few potholes and vacuuming up the dust for much less than $500 or so per year. Besides, it is simply a point of pride, we will gladly accept the $10 per year payout to extract natural gas from under our house, but as true Albertans, do not force us to to pay for a paved road. 8)
Wake Up! Productions

eric wrote:there are elderly and/or disabled persons on a fixed income who simply cannot afford to pay someone to shovel their sidewalk.
Free Snow Removal from City Sidewalk
https://wx.toronto.ca/intra/it/pubformr ... 3-0012.pdf

Snow Angels Program http://www.edmonton.ca/programs_service ... s-faq.aspx
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
eric wrote:there are elderly and/or disabled persons on a fixed income who simply cannot afford to pay someone to shovel their sidewalk.
Free Snow Removal from City Sidewalk
https://wx.toronto.ca/intra/it/pubformr ... 3-0012.pdf

Snow Angels Program http://www.edmonton.ca/programs_service ... s-faq.aspx
I guess it is time to get serious about this whole inane topic, which is the way I view most FMOTL gibberish. I live (have lived for fifteen or so years) in a very small village with the grand sum of 683 residents, counting assorted dogs. Most big city type officialdom we view with disdain. There is no formal snow angel program, instead neighbours help neighbours. Those of us who are capable of helping out those who are having difficulty with their personal lives, or are physically incapable of doing something (many farmers retire into the village and have problems) do things on the side. At one point last year, the snow was so bad that even at our farms the employees who made it in were trapped for a week. Myself, and a few other friends, shovelled an entire block, driveways, and even the road when the ambulance could not get to someone who had a heart attack. Welcome to my life...