Do freemen have gardens?

Moderator: Burnaby49

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Do freemen have gardens?

Post by The Observer »

I would see the sovruns/freemen, if forced into a "Survivor" scenario, becoming inefficient hunter/gatherers at best. The crucial question is one of whether they would be able to learn from the mistakes they make and adapt. If they cannot demonstrate a knowledge of agriculture, they will not be able to produce more food than they can eat.

And there are some mistakes that you can make in the wild, for which there is no opportunity to learn from - because you would be dead.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

arayder wrote:For the life of me I don't see how sitting around bitching about the state of the world and developing convoluted theories about how the world got in that state does one ding dang thing to help somebody develop any of these skills.
Therein lies the irony of the entire drama, if it weren't for the western democracies they so loudly deride, they would be starving to death or dead, since they so obviously have NO marketable skills or worthwhile traits or common sense for that matter, and if it weren't for the generosity of the society they spurn they would starve.

To carry on from a comment by Observer, one of the hallmarks or one could even say defining points, at least that I have perceived so far of the Freeman movement to date, is the near to total inability "to learn from the mistakes they make and adapt", that is a true and primary survival trait, and I have yet to see any real evidence of it happening in that group.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

The Observer wrote:And there are some mistakes that you can make in the wild, for which there is no opportunity to learn from - because you would be dead.
and they are often things the opca crowd believes they know something about. like mushrooms. even experienced pickers can have a hard time telling the poison kind from the food kind from the drug kind. a picture book can help but it is no match for years of experience with someone who knows what they are doing.

and theres tons of deadly plants in a forest. and the edible things arent always good tasting. like a pine tree. plus that only works some of the time in canada. winter is long and food is scarce. many think the outdoors is a freezer here and it is not. one warm snap and its all defrosted. and hiding food from animals with a sense of smell so good it makes the airport dog look like he hardly has one is a challenge all on its own.

then there is hunting. almost anyone can shoot one of gods tasty creatures. but what then?

most lack the basic skill to make fire from nothing. when the lighter and matches run out what do you do? if you cant make fire from nothing your dead if you are far enough out.

and dont get me going on water. its not all good to drink. in fact most isnt. i had a dispute with one dummy on wells. he claimed to be an expert. until i told him his way will get you beaver fever. he said they didnt have that there. i told him its everywhere on earth. i finally had to send him the info on it and he shut up.

i really dont think the average sovcit has anywhere near what it takes to be a success in the bush. theres a few; but most would be back in moms basement in 7 days or less.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

arayder wrote: There is a set of skills that one needs to make a go of it in 21st century western democracies.
Amen !!! Sometimes at work I feel that I'm in a vocational rehabilitation school for those who have made bad life decisions. We don't care how you have screwed up before, prove yourself to us and we'll turn you into a person with a marketable job skill and keep you so tired that you can't get into trouble on your time off. :D
My latest apprentice - 17 year old who screwed up and got a girl pregnant but is doing the right thing by her. If he sticks it out (and I think he will) , in a few years he will have the credits equivalent to a 2 year college diploma and the skills to get a job in the pig business almost anywhere. He has been told that if he doesn't get excellent marks on his exams every supervisor he has will personally kick his butt. I believe a young man should learn some responsibility so I have him look after a million dollar barn when I take a day off. He's young enough that I could be his grandfather but he's a man none the less. Now if I could just teach him some penmanship skills so I can read his breeding record sheets. :snicker:
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

This from the Urban Dictionary:

The Special Snowflake (Also referred to as one with the "Special Snowflake Syndrome" or "SSS") is a person who believes they are different and unique from everyone else because of something there are or do. This thing they are or do, most commonly is something is something many many other people are doing, E.G. Genderfluid, Therian (Otherkin), etc. Special Snowflakes almost always have a superiority complex.

Usage: Some Special Snowflakes are protesting at Target because they aren't allowed to wear their costumes inside.