Quebec Catches up! part 2

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Quebec Catches up! part 2

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've been assuming that nothing much has been going on in Quebec as far as freeman activities are concerned notwithstanding the presence of Menard there for most of last year. I'm assuming he was there for the accommodation, not to lead the troops into battle. But there has been activity even without his participation as this newspaper article shows;

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/b41d17b ... %7C_0.html

For those of you less than literate in French this is Google Translate's best effort. SQ is the Sûreté du Québec, the Quebec Provincial Police;
Anti-government extremists in the viewfinder of the SQ

The occupation of a natural park in Oregon by a far-right militia this week brought in the news several anti-government groups more or less esoteric who reject the existence of the US federal government. If they do not exhibit weapons like their US counterparts, Québec followers of this movement still worried the Sûreté du Québec (SQ), which oversees more than 250 extremists of gender, La Presse has learned.

Vincent Larouche
The press

A North American movement

Several experts noted overlap between the speech of rebel militias in Oregon and the "sovereign citizens" who were likely to show their support to the occupiers of the national park. Considered a "domestic terrorist organization" by the FBI, sovereign citizens are vaguely esoteric anti-government movement including several variations to the various names that vigorously deny public services, the law, the state, which would be all from a vast conspiracy illegal. Their success comes especially because many swear to have managed to obtain immunity from government by challenging it with passages from the Bible, texts of the founding fathers, old forgotten trade laws or treaties.

The "Provincial Strategy"

This movement began to worry the Quebec authorities in 2012, attempting to impose legal mortgages over the property of Quebec judges they regarded as impostors. In court testimony delivered last year and that La Presse has obtained, an investigator of the Investigation Service of the extremist threat of SQ, Jean-Francois Talbot, said that a message had been sent to all police forces and departments to consolidate information on the followers of these theses. Since, all received reports are centralized in a database and classified by sections and allegiances. "As part of a provincial strategy, the SQ was commissioned in summer 2012 to shed light on all movements and ideologies that can be akin to sovereign citizens, there are several names, Freeman on the land, Magna Cartas, anti-government, the redemption movement, "he explained. The officer testified at the trial of a Quebec follower who refused to pay his Porsche because the dealer invoice brimaient (breached?) his fundamental rights as sovereign citizens.

"Since we opened the file in 2012, we have listed over 1000 individuals that have adopted this ideology in the past, or part, or that still adhere to it today. I would say that the number of people who apply it actively is around 250-300 people in Quebec.

"In the US, there really is a threat that is recognized by the authorities. It is on this basis that we decided to sensitize all stakeholders of justice in Quebec to avoid living these events they experienced in the United States. "

- Jean-Francois Talbot, investigator of the Investigation Department of the extremist threat of SQ

Actions of sovereign citizens listed by SQ:

- Active resistance to an attempted arrest;
- Congestion in the courts by esoteric procedures;
- Refusal to pay his taxes;
- Drive around without license plates;
- Refusal to pay fines imposed by the court;
- Intimidation of representatives of the judicial system;
- harassment ;
- Attempt to register a legal hypothec on the state representatives of property;
- Any violent attack to date, unlike the United States.

Wrestling (?) partners

SQ held meetings with the FBI on how to face these extremist groups, and with the Canada Revenue Agency, which launched its own offensive from one ocean to the other against the rulers Citizens . In October 2014, the federal tax authorities and the SQ conducted a joint operation against two Quebec leaders and 18 "leaders" who propagated the philosophy. Some have been charged with fraud for having held conferences paid where they taught a false esoteric recipe that supposedly allowed to obtain full immunity from taxation.

The credo of sovereign citizens

Several variants of the movement believe that the US government went bankrupt in 1933 but that this fact was hidden from the people and that the current government has no legal existence.

Some believe that the birth of every citizen, the government secretly creates a corporation with the same name as the baby has an account in the bank 500 million, in which each person can access if it knows the hidden process.

As followers put commercially compromise freedom above all, they believe that simply mean a judge or a police officer his "refusal to compromise with him" to obtain immunity. Tickets, or judgments are sent by mail with the word "denied"....
The Quebec follower who refused to pay for his Porche is Jean-Marc Paquin. I've already written up his adventures with the Porche here;

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10275&p=179303

I wrote that discussion in October 2014 and noted at the time that Paquin was having tax problems with the Canada Revenue Agency after him as a leader of a tax scheme which I said looked like a roughly Porisky-type operation of seminars and advice on how to avoid paying those pesky taxes. I said back then that I could see Paquin being eventually charged with tax evasion if he was part of a Porisky scheme. I'm assuming this is what the above article is referring to with the comment;
In October 2014, the federal tax authorities and the SQ conducted a joint operation against two Quebec leaders and 18 "leaders" who propagated the philosophy. Some have been charged with fraud for having held conferences paid where they taught a false esoteric recipe that supposedly allowed to obtain full immunity from taxation.
They seem to be going for the instigators the same as the CRA is doing with the Poriskyites. The suckers who followed Porisky and ended up charged (and invariabley convicted) of tax evasion generally ended up with a fine but no jail sentence. But the leaders and promoters are all getting jail terms. You can read all about the Poriskyites here;

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10250

What is of interest is that the SQ is actually giving out numbers. And for all of Robert Menard's recent blowhard comments about there being more than 30,000 freemen in Canada;

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-spoke ... on-standof

The 300 or so estimated active believers in Quebec indicate otherwise. Quebec has about a quarter of Canada's population so, pro-rata, this would indicate perhaps 1,500 nationally.

In my opinion the Freeman movement is essentially dead or on life support in most of Canada with the possible exception of Alberta which shows a few signs of life from time to time. Allen Boisjoli is still carrying the flame there. Freemanism is certainly dead here in Vancouver. I had that little burst with the Nanaimo gang, the Chief, Bernie Yankson and Charles Holmes but nothing of any significance for the past year.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs