didnt get your kid a birth certificate? heres what they can look forward to.

Moderator: Burnaby49

bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

didnt get your kid a birth certificate? heres what they can look forward to.

Post by bmxninja357 »

Life without a birth certificate: B.C. resident caught in ‘impossible limbo’ as a lost Canadian

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... t-canadian

and theres going to be a bunch of kids growing up in hardship because of the opca nonsense.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Philistine

Re: didnt get your kid a birth certificate? heres what they can look forward to.

Post by Philistine »

...and it won`t be a fun prospect for them to gain a birth certificate, believe me. I know.

Long personal story...
Approximately 25 years ago, I was living with a women in a common law (heh) relationship. We had a child together.
At the hospital, I filled out the registration of birth with most of the details, but back then, you would take the papers home and mail them in.
To complicate matters further, I was unaware that my partner remained legally married to another man who had vanished.
That being said, I gave her the papers to finish filing and submit.
Not too long after the birth, my partner became seriously addicted to heroin through reasons really only known to herself.
Things got so bad that I eventually had to leave the house for safer surroundings for my child and myself.
I informed child protective services immediately to what I had done and met with them several times. I eventually took the mother to court to sue for custody and was awarded full custody as she didn`t even bother to show up.
Long story longer, since I had discovered that the mother had never filed the live birth documents, I had continually been trying to get a birth certificate for my child. The govt. wouldn`t issue one without the mother`s consent. She had vanished by this time as well so that was out.
I tried for about 4 years to resolve this in various ways, but the answer from the govt. was always the same regardless of the fact that I had legal custody from a provincial family court.

As my child was about to enter the education system, I started to panic, and get angry. One day, speaking with my mother about the situation, I mentioned that I wish I knew someone who could cut through the red tape and just make this a simple process. My mother mentioned that our new MP was an old classmate of hers. I said, `let`s set up a meeting`. I figured it couldn`t hurt.
Turned out the MP remembered my mother quite well and I managed to get them to sign an affidavit to the fact that the birth mother, myself, and my child were all born in the province and that they would attest to the fact. The MP`s office submitted the application and the document was finally obtained. Four years later.

Imagine if you had no one to go to bat for you and cut a bit of red tape.
I don`t envy those poor kids of OPCA idiots.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: didnt get your kid a birth certificate? heres what they can look forward to.

Post by Burnaby49 »

The difference in the storys, at least as far as Gunster becoming a Canadian citizen is concerned, is that your child was born here so once the birth certificate was issued the kid was automatically a citizen. However Gunster is American since he was born in the United States and once (if ever) that is proven through an American birth certificate he's automatically here illegally since his mother essentially smuggled him in. His parents weren't Canadian and he wasn't born here so he has, as far as I can see, no legal rights to Canadian citizenship at all. All the stories about how he thinks he's Canadian and everybody likes him are irrelevant to that. Maybe there is some compassionate/humanitarian Minister's discretion loophole I don't know about but, even so, I can't see it being invoked until he get an American birth certificate issued.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

when a kid is born on a couch in canada even to canadian parents it does not mean they registered their home birth. and if they home schooled there is no record of the child being canadian. same problem.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can see that being a major headache on both sides of the border. We have issues here with the sovcit whackjobs who won't register births if they can help it, the hippy dippy variety who never thought about it, although I think they are mostly extinct at this point, but it is their children who are going to come nose to nose with it at some point, and then we have several fundie groups who won't register at all, in some cases because it would lead to prosecution of the parents for all sorts of things, but mostly just because they won't. There is a case down in TX right now of a woman really whose birth was never registered, and she finally got away from her parents only to find sh had no legal existence, I don't know if they have resolved that one yet or not.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

bmxninja357 wrote:when a kid is born on a couch in canada even to canadian parents it does not mean they registered their home birth. and if they home schooled there is no record of the child being canadian. same problem.
From a technical point of view, in Canada, the first medical professional to have contact with the child has to fill out and file with the appropriate authorities what used to be known (still may be for all I know) a "register of live birth" that allows the parents to obtain a birth certificate should they desire one. For home births or "emergencies" it can be a visiting nurse or your family physician.
personal note... I was born on the kitchen table in the 1950's, a Red Cross nurse in attendance, simply because the closest doctor and hospital was 400 miles away. Didn't need a birth certificate until about ten years later when my school actually demanded one to prove that I existed.
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

We also have this case that I covered on my (now deleted) Youtube channel over a year ago:

Donovan McGlaughlin, Yukon man with no birth certificate, fights for citizenship

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/don ... -1.2878715

Stateless Yukon man ponders declaring refugee status in Canada

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014 ... anada.html

Decades-long citizenship battle ends for Yukon man who's now officially Canadian

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e24562675/
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

A simialr case in the U.K.
Teenager who doesn't exist: Birth certificate blunder in Spain means British girl can't get passport or even a bus pass.
Her parents Steve Okines, 45, and Claire Rayner, 35, have spent their daughter’s entire life trying to correct the mistake – but Spanish authorities have repeatedly refused to provide a certificate.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -pass.html