Notice to "Burnaby49"

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Notice to "Burnaby49"

Post by arayder »

Pigpot, you began by asking what the rules are around here. While you didn't get an explicit list of do's and don't's you got a pretty good explanation of what's wrong with your posts.

I suspect your problem is that you can't accept that any more than you can accept the law and society's norms.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

This thread shows the problem of letting the pig's snout in the tent.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

Some pigs only find worthless truffles and need to be put down.

And you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:This thread shows the problem of letting the pig's snout in the tent.
I think it also shows what happens when you let a pig get into your pot.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

We're his posts signed, sealed, thumb printed, and issued in accordance with the Magna Carta, and approved by cocoa interspace courts?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

pigpot, IMO the fact that you have been allowed to start a thread on this subject demonstrates just how lenient the moderators are being with you. There are many sites where discussing moderation will not be tolerated at all. Take Icke's site for instance. Discussing moderation is forbidden. It results in the poster being banned. If you read the T&Cs over there you are not even allowed to discuss moderation in PMs. They even state they reserve the right to read all PMs to make sure it isn't happening. But you complain that you are being treated unfairly on here? On a site where you have to work really hard to get banned? Think about it, you want to discuss moderation while on moderated status. That means a moderator has to approve your posts that question the decisions he has made as a moderator. And he did approve your posts. Doesn't that tell you something about how this site is moderated?
Have you considered it might be what you write that causes the problem?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Folks, pigpot is using Quatloos as a no personal cost version of the experience members of the "the movement" go through when they stand up in front of a judge and talk pseudo-legal smack while the judge careful protects their rights and enter a not guilty plea for them.

Or when they mouth off to a traffic cop who remains respectful while he issues the ticket they deserve.

To these folks getting to tell the cop or the judge they have no power is worth the price they pay. I believe down deep they think they're paying back every authority figure they've ever struggled with from the hard arsed father who make them clean their rooms. . .to the hockey coach who cut them from the squad. . .to the boss who didn't care to hear their BS in the workplace.

The sad truth is nobody really cares. They've been written off as one of the minor costs society pays for having rules.

So what if pigpot gets himself a mind chubby by complaining? The only question I see is whether the mods band him and deprive us of the entertainment.

I say let the ole boy rant, especially when things get slow around here.
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

I'd suggest putting him in a purpose built thread and let him say what he wants while keeping him away from the adults and all the real threads. I have him on ignore so I don't see his twattle anyway.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Burnaby49 wrote:
And that is despite the fact that I don't like Burnaby very much because (1) he is retired and I still have to work, (2) he has indirectly criticized my choice of beers and ales, and (3) he is Candian or something like that.
The envy, resentment, and bitterness aimed at me are the motivators that keep me participating as a moderator.
To the contrary, Burnaby working, and paying the appropriate taxes, is what allows me, and other retirees like me, to continue to live via sponging off the governments' social programs.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hanslune wrote:I'd suggest putting him in a purpose built thread and let him say what he wants while keeping him away from the adults and all the real threads. I have him on ignore so I don't see his twattle anyway.
Didn't we have one of those -- a sort of Pigpot's P*sspot?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Hanslune wrote:I'd suggest putting him in a purpose built thread and let him say what he wants while keeping him away from the adults and all the real threads. I have him on ignore so I don't see his twattle anyway.
I think we did but I suppose no one wanted to talk to him...lol, sucks to be him I guess....wellllll send him back there and tell him to try harder. 2 X lol
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

I have found a loophole for pigpot to evade the watchful eye of Burnaby
Burnaby49 wrote:Anyone commenting that they drink Molsons Canadian is beneath my notice.
All he needs to do is drink molson and his problems are solved (aside from drinking molson of course)
morrand

Post by morrand »

Hands up, please, everyone who read the subject line and mentally completed it, "IS NOTICE TO AGENT...".

Incidentally, as long as we're maintaining a thread of marginal utility and relevance, I may as well mention that it's giving me a weird sense of deja vu. I'm not seeing the OP's postings, so the thread goes a little like this:
pigpot, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Burnaby49 wrote:This is not a democracy so moderators don't have to justify every action against a public standard. The best way to describe it is that we take administrative actions in response to posters, such as yourself, on a case by case basis.
Display this post.
Burnaby49 wrote:Frankly I have absolutely no idea what you mean by "cursive script". If previous responses have accused you of using this they weren't made by me unless "cursive script" is some kind of code for something else entirely.
Display this post.
Burnaby49 wrote:Yes, I believe I have deleted or disapproved some of your posts for that.
Display this post.
Burnaby49 wrote:Why do you think I'm allowing your post? Just to say hello?
Display this post.
Burnaby49 wrote:Of course I like to speak to you! Of course I like to say hello!
And then I realize the last couple of exchanges were inserted by my mind, which has somehow latched onto this thread as a pantomime of the scene in Dr. Strangelove where President Muffley is talking down an inaudible Premier Kissoff (with Burnaby49 consequently being played by Peter Sellers). I can't say whether that's a worse reflection on the thread, or on my own mental state reading the thread, but anyway, there it is.
---
Morrand
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Forget Peter Sellers. If somebody is going to portray me I at least want somebody who resembles me.

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

As far as Pigpot's complaint about posters using "cursive script" when arguing with him I thought he meant this;

Cursive, also known as longhand, script, handwriting, looped writing, joined-up writing, joint writing, or running writing is any style of penmanship in which the symbols of the language are written in a conjoined and/or flowing manner, generally for the purpose of making writing faster.
Which derives from this;
Medieval Latin cursīvus flowing (said of penmanship), equivalent to Latin curs(us) (past participle of currere to run
I just couldn't see how posters were offending him with cursive handwriting. Which of course, with Pigpot, was overthinking it. Cursive sounds like Curse so cursive script means written or printed profanity.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
I'm not sure whether "we" had one, as I'm not sure as to what "we" looks like but yes, there was such a thing. Thanks "arayder" I agree with your previous post. :D
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

arayder wrote:I say let the ole boy rant, especially when things get slow around here.
Listen to your customers "Burnaby49". Advice is all. :shrug:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

I challenge anyone to find a posting by this pigpot that ads anything to this forum (or any other) in any progressive way.

It is a troll. Ban it and move on.

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Burnaby49 wrote:As far as Pigpot's complaint about posters using "cursive script" when arguing with him I thought he meant this;

Cursive, also known as longhand, script, handwriting, looped writing, joined-up writing, joint writing, or running writing is any style of penmanship in which the symbols of the language are written in a conjoined and/or flowing manner, generally for the purpose of making writing faster.
Which derives from this;
Medieval Latin cursīvus flowing (said of penmanship), equivalent to Latin curs(us) (past participle of currere to run
I just couldn't see how posters were offending him with cursive handwriting. Which of course, with Pigpot, was overthinking it. Cursive sounds like Curse so cursive script means written or printed profanity.
Funny, I had the same chuckle over that. Then I thought jokingly that he was complaining as a pleb that the members on the cursus honorum were attacking him, we being "statists" and all.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Philistine wrote:...[W]e being "statists" and all.
Well, it is just pigpot being obvious to the point of excess in claiming that anyone here is a "statist." The fact that we believe in the rule of law is quite evident on this site. Why pigpot thinks that we should have a different mindset despite our philosophy here is just more proof that he is only here to start pointless arguments.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff