Curtis Doell doesn't want to wear a helmet

Moderator: Burnaby49

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Curtis Doell doesn't want to wear a helmet

Post by Jeffrey »

The plaintiff alleges that he was arbitrarily interfered with on June 17, 2015 while riding his motorcycle. He asked that the charge against him for riding his motorcycle without a helmet under section 221(1) of the Motor Vehicle Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 318 be dismissed because the enactments and regulations the agents of the defendant were trying to force on him were of no force or effect because he was not operating in a commercial capacity and the regulations apply to an artificial person. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police refused to withdraw the violation ticket.
The comments and findings of Rooke ACJ are applicable to the case before me. The plaintiff has purported, through his Claim of Recognition and Understanding, to set up a parallel legal universe in which he is not bound by statute. Through his notice of civil claim, he effectively seeks injunctive relief against the police to prevent them from carrying out their duties as peace officers under the Criminal Code and related provincial enactments.
I am also satisfied the pleadings are frivolous, vexatious and embarrassing. They are designed to perpetuate the plaintiff’s view of the law and how it may or may not apply to him. As such, the action is an abuse of the court’s process. The fact that the pleadings constitute a collateral attack on the violation tickets issued to the plaintiff also constitute an abuse of process. The venue for challenging the violation tickets is through a dispute process, not a civil claim in Supreme Court.
During submissions, counsel for the applicant provided a bill of costs. The total fees and disbursements amount to $2,325.87, based on the tariff at Scale B. The applicant seeks $2,250 in costs. The applicant was the successful party and I award costs in the amount of $2,250. The bill of costs shall be appended to the order.
http://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/doc/20 ... ultIndex=3

Also worth noting. This is from the Supreme Court of British Columbia. This dumbass actually appealed a riding without a helmet ticket all the way to the Supreme Court.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Curtis Doell doesn't want to wear a helmet

Post by notorial dissent »

Claim of Recognition and Understanding, a new one for the lexicon.

And we get Rook ACJ as well as "frivolous, vexatious and embarrassing" all in the same ruling, better and better on top of being considered "the action is an abuse of the court’s process" so it pretty well hits all the high points.

Poor bunny, I guess it means he does have to abide by those mean old statues after all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I think the court should have ruled in the favor of our sovrun as well as encouraged him to drive recklessly that way in the future by telling law enforcement that no speeding tickets shall be issued to him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

I hope that The Honorable Madame Justice Duncan refilled the sarcasm tank in her printer after writing this...
Subsequently, on November 28, 2015, the plaintiff was stopped by police while driving his truck. He had affixed a Notice of Peaceable Possession sign on the back of his truck and on the mud flaps as a courtesy to any agents of Her Majesty who had not been informed of his designation as a human being.