How Freemen Root For Failure

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

How Freemen Root For Failure

Post by arayder »

I have often claimed that freemen, ill equipped to participate in society, try to paper over their inabilities by blaming the rules and conventions of society for their troubles. To the freeman the problem isn’t that he can’t get to work. . .the problem is that the government built the roads. The problem isn’t poor job skills and a low paying job . . .it’s that the government won’t cough up his birth bond.

The sad end place of the freeman race to the bottom is that freemen end up rooting for the failure of society.

In the depths of their sad little hearts freemen hope that the society they blame for their troubles would collapse, somehow validating their years of imagined oppression.

Hence hours are spent in the basement searching the web for the latest cop violence video, report of government corruption or stupidity voiced by a hack politician. All posted so the freeman subculture might convince itself that the society in which they can’t make their way is about to go belly up.

One is surprised that freemen don’t gloat over plane crashes and blame the airlines they can’t produce the I.D. to fly on.

I suspect this isn’t new behavior for freemen. I suspect that in childhood freemen sat on the sidelines and gloated when the school principal got a drunk driving conviction, or quietly cheered when the captain of the hockey team broke his leg.

The principal got sober. The captain’s leg healed. But freemen never grew up.

-----------
Dope Clock: It has been 85 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: How Freemen Root For Failure

Post by The Observer »

It's certainly a form of schadenfreude, but I see that mindset in lots of people, just not freemen, who are unhappy with the status quo. It is just another part of our human nature to get some satisfaction out of seeing our perceived enemies taken down a notch. Especially if it seems to be payback, karma or cosmic justice.

And that is the danger in trying to classify freemen as some sort of subhuman. They aren't. They are fundamentally no different than you and me. They just happen to be showing their worst sides in the freemen arena.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The Observer wrote:It's certainly a form of schadenfreude, but I see that mindset in lots of people, just not freemen, who are unhappy with the status quo. It is just another part of our human nature to get some satisfaction out of seeing our perceived enemies taken down a notch. Especially if it seems to be payback, karma or cosmic justice.

And that is the danger in trying to classify freemen as some sort of subhuman. They aren't. They are fundamentally no different than you and me. They just happen to be showing their worst sides in the freemen arena.
Oh, I think freemen are very human.

Their claim that everything is going to hell, that they told us so and have a better way is a hyper version of the rant used by many politicians trying unseat incumbent officer holders.

I think that's ironic!

-----------
Dope Clock: It has been 85 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am not sure that is irony; I think freemen act like politicians simply because they are politicians at heart. The only difference is that they are unsuccessful politicians since they lack the ability and charisma to persuade and manipulate the masses into supporting their agenda. Otherwise, one of them by now should have certainly been able to motivate the masses into voting for free food, free homes, free clothing and free beer (hopefully that last one gets Burnaby motivated).

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

I think many freemen promote their philosophy as a form of personal validation rather than advancing well reasoned convictions. In the case of the gurus (Menard, Clifford et.al) they engage in disingenuous arguments in large part to raise their personal reputations.

-----------
Dope Clock: It has been 86 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Agreed. This is a ego thing, and that is the same factor at play for politicians. Very few politicians are shy, retiring, wallflowers.

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:Very few politicians are shy, retiring, wallflowers.
Even when they should be. Especially when they should be.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

One of my favorite quotes was when John Wayne, who supported Nixon in the 1960 U.S. presidential election, showed a sort of hopefulness when he spoke about Kennedy who won the election saying, "I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job."

I can't recall hearing a freeman saying anything supportive or hopeful about government or any of society's institutions. Furthermore, I think the freemen's inability to see hope in any future is why they are so monumentally unsuccessful at everything they attempt. I suspect that down deep they really can't envision a path to their goal.

In a sense they project their failure onto the rest of society. They don't know how to be successful and don't realize that a successful person, business, town, government or society sees a failure or a set back as a mere bump in the road.

-----------
Dope Clock: It has been 87 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
The Observer wrote:Very few politicians are shy, retiring, wallflowers.
Even when they should be. Especially when they should be.
I am not sure that we should ever expect them to be so. A recent study found that 20% of successful/productive executives have sociopathic behaviors (not that they were diagnosed as sociopaths). The study concluded that perhaps the reason they found themselves in executive positions was because of their sociopathic tendencies and that this played a significant reason in them being successful at what they do. I reluctantly suggest that this may be the same reason we elect the politicians that we do; that deep down, we inherently recognize we want and need the corrupt, brash, amoral, loudmouth, insensitive, abusive, and tone-deaf person to deal with the dirt that we cannot or will not deal with ourselves.

Of course, that doesn't mean we want freemen for the same reasons. (A thinly-veiled attempt to steer the conversation away from politics.)

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The Observer wrote:. . .I reluctantly suggest that this may be the same reason we elect the politicians that we do; that deep down, we inherently recognize we want and need the corrupt, brash, amoral, loudmouth, insensitive, abusive, and tone-deaf person to deal with the dirt that we cannot or will not deal with ourselves.

Of course, that doesn't mean we want freemen for the same reasons. (A thinly-veiled attempt to steer the conversation away from politics.)
A historical comment, not a political one. . .

That is one of the reasons Americans have such a soft spot for no nonsense presidents like Theodore Roosevelt who when properly riled up could be more anyone or any nation would want to deal with.

He was a collegiate boxer (who did not float like a butterfly), rough tough cowboy, war hero who broke trusts, regulated the railroads, began construction of the Panama Canal and sent a naval fleet on a world tour to project the United States' power.

-----------
Dope Clock: It has been 87 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I've heard it expressed more simply: The world is run by a bunch of big ******s. Richard Nixon was the biggest ****** of all, so none of the other ****** would ***** with him, which made him our greatest president of all.

Of course no sov has ever managed to even make it to puny ******.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

arayder wrote:. . .[freeman] hours are spent in the basement searching the web for the latest cop violence video, report of government corruption or stupidity voiced by a hack politician. All posted so the freeman subculture might convince itself that the society in which they can’t make their way is about to go belly up. . .
Here's a perfect example of the phenomena I pointed out in my original post.

On his facebook page freeman guru Bobby Menard lambastes the Canadian liberal party for reneging on their promise to carry out national security reforms which would allow for greater parliamentary scrutinization of federal spy activities.

Predictably, Menard's followers ape his criticism and pile on a dose of anti-semitism and anti-Catholic hate babble.

The mindless Menardian minions seem to have forgotten that Bobby has for years promised to use their money to fight "the erosion of individual rights" through legal action and eduction. . .and yet he has done exactly nothing with their hard earned money!

Years ago he asked the freeman community to fund legal action to stop the U.S. from annexing Canada. I guess Moosehead Man could argue that whatever he did worked since Canada is still a sovergien nation!

Three months ago layabout Bobby asked for money to set up the Canadian Human Individual Rights Protection Program (CHIRPP), to fight things like intrusive government spying. But it turned out the CHIRPP call to action was nothing more than a fund raising ruse. Since he promised to get the CHIRPP into action Bobby has done little more than concoct the absurd self-adulating claim that he is an officially recognized peace officer.

Freemen considering contributing to the CHIRPP, or any of Bobby's fund raising scams need to ask him the simple question, "What happened to the money?"

--------------
Dope Clock: It has been 89 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.