Scott Duncan strikes back in Quebec

Moderator: Burnaby49

coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Re: Scott Duncan strikes back in Quebec

Post by coffeekitten »

notorial dissent wrote:I know I'm probably really going to regret this, but just who exactly is "Pierre-André Paré" and why exactly does he matter in the scheme of things????
Pierre-André Paré was a deputy minister of Quebec in 1996 https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www ... n5XOyuU2bQ I don't think Pete Daoust have met him. I googled his name and I did find some blogs who mention him and his famous quote, but that's it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Pierre-André Paré was the deputy minister of Revenue Quebec in the early 1990's. In layman's terms he was the chief tax collector for the province. Here is the full quote from Le Devoir which on the surface could appear to justify Pete`s approach to payment of taxes, or at least in his own mind:
The Deputy Minister of Quebec Revenue Pierre-André Paré in 1996, said: "Everything is privilege granted by the state, your house, your car, your profession brief your life and what the state gives it can take it back if You are not a docile taxpayer. A taxpayer is not a human being, it is a legal commercial object. This statement made at a Parliamentary Commission on the Work of the Underground and the Underground Economy was published in the newspaper Le Devoir of April 6, 1996.
The quote has gained a fair bit of notoriety in extreme left wing circles in Quebec and crops up in Marxist-Leninist and Anarcho-Captitalist discussion groups.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can't help thinking that that quote reminds of a a very famous quote an (in)famous member of Congress supposedly made. He actually made a few words of it, but most of what he is credited with is purely invention on the part of some nameless, at least to me, sovcit idjit.

I just have a hard time believing that a public officer would make that kind of statement, unless he was really really stupid, or prone to saying things that didn't mean what he thought they meant. We have several of those who get confused by big multi-syllabic words.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric

Post by eric »

I actually went back to see if I could establish the provenance of the quote in question. Le Devoir is a respected paper and certainly wouldn't publish something if it wasn't said by Pierre-André Paré (damn, my keyboard won't go into French when I want it to). For many years it was considered the newspaper of record in French Canada. I tried to get into the archives to get the article in question but was stymied. I suspect the quote was taken out of context.

Exhausting that approach I decided to investigate who was using that quote to see if I could find a working link to the article. I traced references back to 2003 and found a common thread. Interestingly enough there has been a Quebec FMOTL movement that predates Daoust and Scooter and generally this quote is thrown up on assorted discussion boards by supporters of this guy:
http://jacquesantoinenormandin.com/37-2/
JACQUES ANTOINE NORMANDIN, THE ONLY HUMAN BEING RECOGNIZED BY THE SUPERIOR COURT OF CANADA
Like every good Quebec FMOTL adherent he has his own grand jury:
http://www.canadagrandjury.ca
and political party:
http://alliancecitoyenneduquebec.ca
From a quick investigation it appears that he has been a tax protester since sometime prior to 2006 which was when he came to the attention of the CRA and was actually arrested in 2014. I will definitely have to investigate this guy - he has some new FMOTL arguments I haven't seen before that are only particular to Quebec. His group has probably slipped under the illuminati radar since most of us here are anglais.
eric

Post by eric »

And as usual we come full circle back to this previous thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=10361
It was before my time here on Quatloos so I wasn't aware that the esteemed Burnaby49 allready had a file on him. Well at least now we know the source of the quote that Pete has been using. I suspect he will be about as successful in his tax protest as Normandin was. Since Burnaby has done much of the legwork by providing me with plenty of links I get to brush up on my French.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

eric wrote:And as usual we come full circle back to this previous thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=10361
It was before my time here on Quatloos so I wasn't aware that the esteemed Burnaby49 allready had a file on him. Well at least now we know the source of the quote that Pete has been using. I suspect he will be about as successful in his tax protest as Normandin was. Since Burnaby has done much of the legwork by providing me with plenty of links I get to brush up on my French.
That senile old fool Burnaby49 apparently forgot all about that posting, obviously since it was done more than ten minutes ago. I still have no clue what's in the links since my Fench is about as good as my Kurdish, a language I've actually been tested in.

Way back when the government tested my French abilities they had a general test to determine what an individual's capabilities were to learn a foreign language in general. If you were hopeless at it for whatever reason there was no point in trying to teach you either of the second official languages. So they gave a general test of ability to actually hear and respond to oral discussions in a language you didn't know. Have somebody speak to you in the language and see if you could pick anything out of the gibberish. Rather than make a language up they used Kurdish since practically nobody knew it. I was as good at Kurdish as I was at French. Totally hopeless.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric

Post by eric »

Way back when for us they used Tuareg - tried to teach it to us for a week to assess our ability to learn another language Nothing like being taught a Berber language by a native of Belgium. BTW, because of four years of being taught French by Belgians I speak it with a definite Flemish accent. A friend of mine who ended up working in the back country of Niger for a number of years was surprised that he could actually communicate with the locals - he thought it was just some artificial language. Anyways, back on topic, I will start looking at some of the plethora of links you have posted regarding our friend from Cowansville and if and when I get enough new information I will start a new topic.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Pete Daoust told once about Jacques-Antoine Normandin in the Surety group after one member posted a video of him. Of course, even if his theories are probably inspired partly of his teachings, he told his members Normandin was a fraud, as he also did for Robert Menard. When I have a little time, I will look into the old thread about him.
eric

Post by eric »

From a cursory glance at Normandin, although he employs many of the typical FMOTL tactics to avoid paying taxes, he could be best defined as a Catholic/Monarchist/Constitutionalist. Summary - he doesn't have to pay taxes because Quebec doesn't have a constitution approved by the Monarchy and God in his opinion. Pete doesn't want to pay taxes because he doesn't agree with the way the monies are spent but if he has to he will pay them using his interpretation of the constitution that means he has some sort of surety of the person. Although Pete is a follower of Scooter which means he disagrees with Normandin and Menard's philosophy, he probably just liked the quote from Normandin.

I did a quick check in on Pete today - much depression, wailing, and nashing of teeth with Scooter carefully avoiding all responsibility, unhelpful advice, and threats of taking it to the streets. I'm going to wait until there is a translation with English subtitles of Pete's response to the search warrant before pasting a link here. He is also looking for a lawyer to help him and there is supposed to be something happening next Friday. Stay tuned folks as we watch Scooter's foray into Quebec descend into total madness.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Here's a video in English (no subtitles, Pete Daoust really speaks english, though not always fluently).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It845iNuEcs

Apparently, the search warrant was illegal. It reminds me of one video where Scott Duncan shouts at officers that their warrant is not legal, that they can't change his lock and that he doesn't consent. Not because Pete Daoust shouts, but because of the supposedly illegal warrant, of course. In the audio here, ( http://kentbarrett.com/the-invasion-of- ... ra-agents/ ), you can hear Scott Duncan telling to Nadine, Pete Daoust wife, to repeat incessantly that she doesn't consent to this search and that it's very important to do it. That's Scott Duncan's thing to say a warrant is illegal because of a lack of signature or whatever. Pete Daoust keeps saying CRA agents don't respect the Quebec Charter of Rights and invaded his house illegally and his followers buy it. The evil CRA agents only want Pete Daoust to keep his mouth shut and to stop telling the TRUTH, don't you see? :sarcasmon:
notorial dissent

As far as Normandin, or anyone else for that matter, is concerned, I have a feeling that if they aren't Duncan or Daoust then they are frauds, in their minds. It seems to work that way, n'est pas?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

notorial dissent wrote:As far as Normandin, or anyone else for that matter, is concerned, I have a feeling that if they aren't Duncan or Daoust then they are frauds, in their minds. It seems to work that way, n'est pas?
Yep, they're all frauds, and the Law Society is a big fraud too. Very convenient. They don't need anyone to contradict their almighty guru.
notorial dissent

More to the point, they don't want "anyone to contradict their almighty guru" and having contradicting opinions would do that.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

In this video (in french as usual), Pete Daoust declares that we live in a dictatorship, as bad as in North Korea or Iran, or even worse. https://www.facebook.com/gilles.daoust. ... 750103147/ They penetrated in his house without his consent, so there are no rights left in this country and Justin Trudeau is a great dictator. Surely not as frightening as Kim Jong-Un, but whatever.

Also, his main Facebook account has been hacked and he can't log in. Since his cellphone has been seized, Pete Daoust is convinced that the CRA is behind this. Their agents are worse than the SS, I tell you. I'm afraid what will happen next. :sarcasmon:

False alert: his account has been recovered. All this paranoia is not good for the health for sure.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

coffeekitten wrote:In this video (in french as usual), Pete Daoust declares that we live in a dictatorship, as bad as in North Korea or Iran, or even worse. https://www.facebook.com/gilles.daoust. ... 750103147/ They penetrated in his house without his consent, so there are no rights left in this country and Justin Trudeau is a great dictator.
That's just absurd. No nation, by law, has ever allowed the occupants of a house to void a valid search warrant on the basis that they didn't consent to the search. No charter of rights ever written has precluded the courts from executing properly obtained search warrants.
notorial dissent

coffeekitten wrote:In this video (in french as usual), Pete Daoust declares that we live in a dictatorship, as bad as in North Korea or Iran, or even worse. https://www.facebook.com/gilles.daoust. ... 750103147/ They penetrated in his house without his consent, so there are no rights left in this country and Justin Trudeau is a great dictator. Surely not as frightening as Kim Jong-Un, but whatever.

Also, his main Facebook account has been hacked and he can't log in. Since his cellphone has been seized, Pete Daoust is convinced that the CRA is behind this. Their agents are worse than the SS, I tell you. I'm afraid what will happen next. :sarcasmon:

False alert: his account has been recovered. All this paranoia is not good for the health for sure.
Just because you're paranoid and really really stupid and unpleasant doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

They do call them "search warrants" for a reason. Poor bunny.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Probably not. Don't you think they also want to pay you a visit? :D Pete Daoust thinks that if he blocks the passage to the tax agents, they will kill him. If he's threatening, maybe. If he's coming with a gun and block them the passage to his house, maybe. What does he mean exactly when he says he wouldn't have let them enter if he would have been there? What would he do? That's the question. If he's cooperative, there's no reason they would kill him.

Here's another video from him with english subtitles, where he explains he would have paid if Revenue Quebec (or Canada) would have sent back his bills of exchange. Really? If you remember what those "bills of exchange" are, they are payment slips with stamps on it. Really? :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldDmCeH ... ture=share
notorial dissent

I think Petey is skating real close to the edge of certifiable at this point. If he isn't careful he is going to get himself hurt if only because he will have put out an image of a really stupid desperate and dangerous individual. He is very likely going to jail over his tax stupidities, and if he isn't careful he may compound the felonies in to serious time. He is really beginning to push the stupid envelope at this point.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:I think Petey is skating real close to the edge of certifiable at this point. If he isn't careful he is going to get himself hurt if only because he will have put out an image of a really stupid desperate and dangerous individual. He is very likely going to jail over his tax stupidities, and if he isn't careful he may compound the felonies in to serious time. He is really beginning to push the stupid envelope at this point.
Consider the stress on him at this time.

He's lost his trailer, or whatever it was, to the authorities. He has the tax man after him. His home is being searched and his wife, who by Pete's own report is skeptical of his theories, has to be giving him an earful about the mess he's made of things.

Considering that his signature theory of "the surety" seems likely to get tossed in the bid of bad ideas Petey is facing possible embarrassment in the woo subculture. By calling freemen gurus frauds he hasn't made any friends who might cushion his fall.

I suppose he could go all Tom Crawford and try to parley his troubles into martyr status, but I think Petey is to whacky to do so, even by the subculture's standards. Over the years I been critical of the freeman/sovcit/TFL subculture for ignoring people who go nuts right under their noses. I hope this is not another such case.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

arayder wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:I think Petey is skating real close to the edge of certifiable at this point. If he isn't careful he is going to get himself hurt if only because he will have put out an image of a really stupid desperate and dangerous individual. He is very likely going to jail over his tax stupidities, and if he isn't careful he may compound the felonies in to serious time. He is really beginning to push the stupid envelope at this point.
Consider the stress on him at this time.

He's lost his trailer, or whatever it was, to the authorities. He has the tax man after him. His home is being searched and his wife, who by Pete's own report is skeptical of his theories, has to be giving him an earful about the mess he's made of things.

Considering that his signature theory of "the surety" seems likely to get tossed in the bid of bad ideas Petey is facing possible embarrassment in the woo subculture. By calling freemen gurus frauds he hasn't made any friends who might cushion his fall.

I suppose he could go all Tom Crawford and try to parley his troubles into martyr status, but I think Petey is to whacky to do so, even by the subculture's standards. Over the years I been critical of the freeman/sovcit/TFL subculture for ignoring people who go nuts right under their noses. I hope this is not another such case.
I would add that Scott Duncan isn't of much help for Pete's sanity.