Scott Duncan strikes back in Quebec

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Scott Duncan strikes back in Quebec

Post by arayder »

What a cheap little debate trick.

In the hopes he can get a back door endorsement of his surety theory Pete argues that if CRA won't let him use his surety to pay the tax bill he'll gladly pay up in good old fashion money.

Pete hopes somewhere along the line CRA will say or write something he can twist into, "No, you can't use your surety.", whereupon he can shout, "Ah, ha. . .so you DO recognize my surety! Why won't you let me pay my taxes with it now that you recognize it for what it is?".

The fact that Pete's been hammering away at this ruse, without success, for months and months should indicate that the CRA isn't buying the woo. Does Petey think he's the first wing-nut to have tried the presumptuous question gambit with the CRA?

It's the same thing as trying to pay your taxes with WeRe money, the 96 Fix, the security of the person or Monopoly money by working under the false presumption that such phony baloney money is real.
Last edited by arayder on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

notorial dissent wrote:I'm certain he doesn't either. You are right, nonsense is nonsense regardless of the language it is in.
I'm equally certain it will get all the regard and attention it deserves.
It may be nonsense, but there is actually a bit of perverted logic here. Some one has been doing a bit of research on other FMOTL cases in Quebec.
Be advised Dear Justice that the Canada Revenue Agency has HIDDEN you several important points.
1). I ALWAYS made an income statement, and always GIVEN "MY" SIGNATURE on these statements. I ALWAYS urged people to do the same. There is at least 300 proofs of this truth.
Some of the things that Normandin got nailed for was refusing to sign his tax returns, when he even bothered to submit any sort of return. From what I can tell Pete has some sort of court date on 24 April so we will see how things play out. I am particularly interested in the fact that Pete derives his income from a corporation that he is the sole director of - Surplus Fils Et Cables Inc. Courts in Quebec are very strict about following Rules of Court and who can represent who in a particular situation. Depending upon which court he is charged in and whether he is charged personally and/or corporately this may throw a wrench in his plans to use RogueSupport (Scott Duncan) as his agent.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I doubt Duncan will be involved. He never backs the losing side. It's hard to continue boasting "Scott Duncan is never wrong" if Daoust is charged and convicted with Scott defending him.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric

Post by eric »

You may be correct that Scott as an Agent may exit stage left when things go to trial because Scott is always right. That being said, Pete's assorted "Statements of Fraud" all have a contact listed as RogueSupport Inc, attention Scott Duncan, in trust, and the address of a UPS drop box at Yonge and St Claire.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Well, Scott didn't abandon Pete when he went on trial for his ticket. Wouldn't it appear like a cowardice if Scott get out of the boat now when he has been always very implicated with the Surety group? (boat, Scott, do you get it? :sarcastic: )
eric

Post by eric »

As you may have noticed cofeecat, members of Pete's little group have finally become aware that they are being monitored by various people. There were a couple of threads last night about it, it's not just their natural paranoia, but the CRA is monitoring them along with other interested parties. They're starting to be a little less open about various meetings they are planning. I'm even trying to drop them various definite hints here - under Quebec Rules of Court, Pete's corporation cannot use an Agent and even can only be self-represented under certain circumstances. Similarly, if Pete wants to appeal a loss in court he must use a lawyer. Here's a link to an appeal court decision that Normandin was involved with and slapped down in two short paragraphs:
https://www.canlii.org/fr/qc/qcca/doc/2 ... ultIndex=2
and here are the two paragraphs translated:
[1] ORDERS the Clerk to strike out the motion for leave to appeal on the roll of July 28, 2010, taking into account that the applicant is not represented by counsel as required by section 61 (a) of the Code of Civil Procedure.

[2] ORDERS the Registrar not to receive proceedings and not to open a case until the Applicant is represented by counsel.
Hint to Pete and Scotty - read this - here is the English version for Scott:
http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-25
Pay special attention to sections 54 and 61. :naughty:
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

Pete Daoust, a separatist? Pretty sure the Parti Québécois won't help you. Don't even think about it. :P And I'm pretty sure that with the Quebec Charter of rights, René Lévesque didn't intend to let Quebecers not pay their taxes and their tickets. Here's the video with english subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF5-n7RIYpg

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Seems to me Petey's talking himself into something rash.
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

While some weirdos are planning to come here in Canada because they are so mistreated in the US, Pete Daoust is thinking of leaving. I guess the CRA agents would need to hurry up to catch him. He said he would quit the country probably tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lasuret ... 427118463/

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

A tragic loss for Canada but somehow we'll struggle past it.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Has Canada got laws like the US whereby you can't give up you citizenship without being straight and up to date with your taxes?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Has Canada got laws like the US whereby you can't give up you citizenship without being straight and up to date with your taxes?
No idea, I retired ten year ago. But I can confirm that it's not an issue because very few, if any at all, Canadians ever renounce citizenship. There is just no reason to do it. The United States is different because it is almost unique amongst all of the countries in the world (I've read that Eritrea is apparently the other only exception) that taxes its citizens whether or not they reside in the country. So an American who was born in Texas but has lived in Canada since he was five years old and is also a Canadian citizen (an arbitrary example from my next-door neighbor's son-in-law) but has never actually resided in the states is as legally required to pay United States Income tax as an American citizen who has lived his entire life in Hog Hollow Georgia. And the Canadian government is legally required, under tax treaties, to give the American government whatever income information the dual citizens file with the Canada Revenue Agency. So dual citizens are trying to renounce their American citizenship but are facing the problem you've noted. Since Canada only taxes residents, both citizens and non-citizens, citizenship doesn't matter for tax purposes.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I doubt if he'd ever get across the border, since he wouldn't consent, to well anything, and if he thinks he's abused up north just wit til he gets down here.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

coffeekitten wrote:While some weirdos are planning to come here in Canada because they are so mistreated in the US, Pete Daoust is thinking of leaving. I guess the CRA agents would need to hurry up to catch him. He said he would quit the country probably tomorrow.
I can see it now. . .

Official of entering country: I see you have completed the asylum application papers, Mr Daoust. You claim Canada stripped you of your rights. What exactly did the government do?

Daoust: They searched my house. . .

Official: Without a warrant?

Daoust: Without my consent!

Official: What where they looking for? Why where they searching?

Daoust: CRA refused to recognize my surety as payment for my taxes. Fearful that I was right and would eventually expose their tyranny they violated our property in an attempt to intimidate us. They pretended to be searching our files and computers for evidence of tax crimes.

Official: Surety. . .ah, I see.

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Has Canada got laws like the US whereby you can't give up you citizenship without being straight and up to date with your taxes?
Official: As part of our routine investigations we see there is the matter of some unpaid taxes in Canada. . .

Daoust: My surety pays that. . . .

Official: We'll be in touch with you.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Like NEVER. ENTRY DENIED!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Philistine
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Philistine »

Burnaby49 wrote:
No idea, I retired ten year ago. But I can confirm that it's not an issue because very few, if any at all, Canadians ever renounce citizenship. There is just no reason to do it. The United States is different because it is almost unique amongst all of the countries in the world (I've read that Eritrea is apparently the other only exception) that taxes its citizens whether or not they reside in the country. So an American who was born in Texas but has lived in Canada since he was five years old and is also a Canadian citizen (an arbitrary example from my next-door neighbor's son-in-law) but has never actually resided in the states is as legally required to pay United States Income tax as an American citizen who has lived his entire life in Hog Hollow Georgia. And the Canadian government is legally required, under tax treaties, to give the American government whatever income information the dual citizens file with the Canada Revenue Agency. So dual citizens are trying to renounce their American citizenship but are facing the problem you've noted. Since Canada only taxes residents, both citizens and non-citizens, citizenship doesn't matter for tax purposes.
You forgot about "Lord" Conrad Black. ;)
Although there are several mechanisms in place to prevent double taxation, the many differences between the two tax systems can still lead to unexpected tax liabilities— for example, capital gains or losses on the sale of capital property, exempt municipal bonds, income earned in a TFSA and RESP, and many others. In 2013, the US introduced a new Net Investment Income Tax which can create a US tax liability which cannot be offset with a foreign tax credit for Canadian taxes paid. For this reason, you should always obtain professional tax advice if you’re a US person residing in Canada. Based on your holdings, special US reporting (in addition to income tax filings) may be required.
From: http://www.taxplanningguide.ca/tax-plan ... nt-canada/
Ireland is another place where you can get dinged for paying taxes with dual citizenship as well...
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Just ask Boris Johnson, current UK Foreign Secretary and former London mayor, about US taxes on non-residents.

He sold his personal residence for a pretty big profit. Apparently, in the UK, the sale of a personal residence is not taxable.

However, in the US, it is. As a non-resident US citizen (he was born in New York, to British parents), he is liable for taxes on world-wide income.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... on/385554/
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well I did say "very few". For those of you not familiar with Conrad Black aka Lord Crossharbour he's an ego with a body attached. He was at one time a newspaper baron and the British Crown, for whatever reason, chose to give him a life peerage. One fly in the ointment, for some reason Canadian citizens cannot become British peers without the Canadian governments approval which he could not get;
Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien gave an opinion to his government's nationality department that a Canadian citizen should not receive a British titular honour, citing the Nickle Resolution of 1919 and a long history since then of objections to Canadian citizens accepting British peerages. Black at the time held both Canadian and British citizenship. Later in 2001, after the Federal Court of Canada had ruled against Black in a suit against Chrétien, Black renounced his Canadian citizenship, remaining a United Kingdom citizen, which allowed him to accept the peerage without further controversy.
So he surrendered his citizenship for a bauble. However it all turned to crap when he was convicted of fraud in the United States;
Black sat as a life peer on the Conservative benches until 2007, when he withdrew from the conservative group of peers following his conviction in the United States. He is currently a non-affiliated peer. In an interview with BBC reporter Jeremy Paxman in 2012, Black stated that he could return to the House of Lords as a voting member. Comparing himself to Nelson Mandela, Black said a criminal conviction does not prohibit him from sitting, since the House of Lords has no restriction on such a case.[90] He has been on Leave of Absence from the House of Lords since June 2012.
He appears to have regretted surrendering his citizenship, and act he considers a temporary gesture. He seems to think he can get it back whenever he wants but the Canadian government might think otherwise;
In an interview with Peter Mansbridge in May 2012, Black said he would consider applying for Canadian citizenship "within a few years", when he hoped the matter would no longer be controversial and he could "make an application like any other person who has been a temporary resident". However, in light of Black's criminal convictions it remains unlikely for him to succeed, as Canada's immigration laws normally prohibit overseas criminals from receiving citizenship.[93] The decision to grant or reject his application would be at the discretion of the federal Cabinet.[94]

Black stated in November 2014 that he had only intended to renounce his citizenship with Canada "temporarily", as had been the case with Roy Thomson. He intended to reapply for Canadian citizenship, however his legal troubles in the United States then sidetracked his intentions.[95] His full life peer style is Baron Black of Crossharbour, of Crossharbour in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, as created on 30 October 2001.[96]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Black#Lifestyle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

noblepa wrote:He sold his personal residence for a pretty big profit. Apparently, in the UK, the sale of a personal residence is not taxable.
Correct = one's Principal Private Residence is exempt from Capital Gains Tax.
I'm sure Boris will push to change the US tax laws when he becomes POTUS.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

arayder wrote:
coffeekitten wrote:While some weirdos are planning to come here in Canada because they are so mistreated in the US, Pete Daoust is thinking of leaving. I guess the CRA agents would need to hurry up to catch him. He said he would quit the country probably tomorrow.
I can see it now. . .

Official: As part of our routine investigations we see there is the matter of some unpaid taxes in Canada. . .

Daoust: My surety pays that. . . .

Official: We'll be in touch with you.
notorial dissent wrote:Like NEVER. ENTRY DENIED!!!
So like just about everything else in poor Petey's life the idea of leaving the country for greener grasses while you have an outstanding tax problem is a pipe dream. Petey can cry about it when the officials of whatever country to which he wants to flee turn him around at the border. . .or he can grow a set and deal with it.

Petey's response to his problems is a window into the fantasy world of the freeman/sovcit/tfl thought. Apparently Petey and his crowd think the law is what they imagine it to be and that solutions to self-induced legal problems can be dreamed up the same way the super hero's side kick thinks up a life saving plan at the end of a bad movie.

"Wait . . .we'll use the improbability drive booster coils to charge the gamma ray guns and when the Laxon ship gets in range we'll blow them out of the galaxy!"

"Yes. It might just work"!