Karim Jean Gilles, accused of criminal negligence, is a Freeman of the Land

Moderator: Burnaby49

coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Karim Jean Gilles, accused of criminal negligence, is a Freeman of the Land

Post by coffeekitten »

I don't know if it's really of interest here, but I couldn't ignore the last news: Karim Jean Gilles has been arrested at his house after he assaulted two cops and a bailiff, who came because he didn't attend to his court hearing in relation to an accusation of criminal negligence after a girl had been attacked by his pitbull. The pitbull wasn't on a leash. According to La Presse, the guy would be a Freeman of the Land. (in french) http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/1871d2f ... ICIQM.html I didn't find another mention of this elsewhere, but I've heard in the television news (Radio-Canada) that he doesn't recognize our laws. He didn't get any lawyer to defend himself: ""Because Mr. Jean-Gilles is not represented by a lawyer, the judge decided to postpone the file to next Monday for the bail hearing to preserve the rights of Mr. Jean-Gilles," explained Crown prosecutor Jean-Pierre Gagnon." http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3935388 Obviously, he's also an antisocial man with a very aggressive behavior.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Karim Jean Gilles, accused of criminal negligence, is a Freeman of the Land

Post by eric »

Here is Google Translate's version of the relevant portions of the LaPresse article:
OUTLAW
Armed aggression, dangerous driving, refusal to give his fingerprints ... The owner of the two dogs who injured the little Vanessa Biron is the perfect example. Despite the smile and tie displayed on his LinkedIn profile, Karim Jean-Gilles has already been convicted of 11 criminal offenses. Including for "provoking fear to harm the criminal justice system" by harassing a judge.

To arrest the former 33-year-old real estate agent, eight police cars wrapped up the neighborhood and the tactical response team had to smash the door. The officer who grabbed the dog had trouble dragging it, so the animal arched.

A member of a North American outlaw group - the Freeman of the Land, who do not recognize the authority of the state - Jean-Gilles remained barricaded since the attack, refusing to check whether his Animals had rabies.

The police sent their investigation files to the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions of Quebec (DPCP), as they did in the case of Simon. But neither of the two offenders was ultimately accused of obstructing justice or criminal negligence.]
I will see what else I can find out about this character....
... do not ask how I speak French like someone from Chicoutimi but with a strong Flemish accent :shrug:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dog bites sound like a good case for criminal negligence to me.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Ah but where is the injured party. And there is a common law right to allow your dog to roam free without a leash. In either case the perpetrator was the dog, he should be held to account and incarcerated, not the owner.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

ye knowith if thou art intentioned to playeth thee ye olde legalis fricktardis game shalt thee endevour to argueth that it is thee quadraped that shall be summoned before thee star chamber? in the olde law days animals on trial was fairly common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkg3kVE02AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3T9-EhpOM

one moreth for thine route,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i_Ue-3Zl-s

i would try that. blame the animal yo!

prepareth thy exploding maize. spare not thy butter nor thy salt!
peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Jeffrey wrote:Ah but where is the injured party. And there is a common law right to allow your dog to roam free without a leash. In either case the perpetrator was the dog, he should be held to account and incarcerated, not the owner.
Ah, but really for real, at the great and revered and sacrosanct common law, the master is liable and responsible for the actions of the servant/chattel, in this case the animal. Maybe in this case they'll put the master down instead of the servant.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.