WFS has a new star - David Merrill!

Moderator: Burnaby49

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: WFS has a new star - David Merrill!

Post by fortinbras »

'Positive law' means the words actually enacted by Congress. Invariably this would mean the text in the Statutes at Large.

When the United States Code was first worked up, circa 1924, the individual sections of all the statutes known to be of lasting and general application were organized and rearranged in logical sequence, all their subsequent amendments (and repeals) connected, and then the whole lightly edited because of the rearrangement to make it clear what various subjects were intended and to make the whole grammatically consistent. The sections of the Code each have notes listing the original statutes from which their texts and all amendment were derived. Because of the editing, the text of the Code was declared to be merely prima facie evidence of the law, the law itself being the text of the Statutes at Large .... anyone wanting to challenge the accuracy of the Code text had the burden of showing that the original Statutes had somehow been misquoted or distorted when edited into the Code (there were some instances where this challenge was successful). Occasionally Congress would work up an enormous bill, setting forth all the sections of a title of the US Code, and enact that in one big statute -- that was how Congress enacted a Title of the US Code into Positive Law -- thereafter citations and amendments would be made exclusively to that US Code title. Presently a little more than half the US Code is enacted into Positive Law, but disputing the prima facie portion of the Code would require referencing the underlying Statutes, which already are positive law and are supposed to say the same thing.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

All things considered, Mr Merrill's income is probably at a level well below that required to file, much less pay, income tax.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Speaking of the Motor Scooter Suitor, how did his attempt to steal a castle finally work out?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

grixit wrote:Speaking of the Motor Scooter Suitor, how did his attempt to steal a castle finally work out?
About as well as everything works out for DMVP. Ended in spectacular failure I believe.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/so ... inal-owner
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Here's the Bishop family's complaint, in case the world needs any more evidence of what a total scumbag David Merrill Van Pelt is:

http://www.chieftain.com/csp/mediapool/ ... Bishop.pdf

By the way, the Bishops won a default judgment when the mighty DMVP couldn't be bothered to respond to any of that. See also http://www.chieftain.com/news/pueblo/39 ... le-merrill
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Total scum of you ask me. He should have walked away and not caused the Bishops to spend 20k to regain their castle. Then not even having the balls to show up. Lower than low. Preying on the sick for you own brnifits without regard for them, I believe the is a term for that...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

NYGman wrote:Total scum of you ask me. He should have walked away and not caused the Bishops to spend 20k to regain their castle. Then not even having the balls to show up. Lower than low. Preying on the sick for you own brnifits without regard for them, I believe the is a term for that...
The best thing that I could possibly say about Van Pelt is that he is so far around the bend that he is completely incapable of functioning in civilized society. It's hard not to wonder if he should be placed on a locked ward in a hospital somewhere, to protect him from harm when his lack of any ability to conform his actions to the requirements of law and society result in him p*ssing off the wrong person.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Years ago, there were some who felt that David was not capable of or actively engaging in cheating people with his gibberish. The fact that David cheated a man out of his real property shows that David was indeed trying to profit by his pseudolegal peddliing. He sold the Montana Freeman a bill of goods and now Bishop Castle is more proof that David will try to scam people into giving him money. I suspect that there were more victims out there who fell prey to David and were too embarrassed to come forward and open up about it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:Years ago, there were some who felt that David was not capable of or actively engaging in cheating people with his gibberish. The fact that David cheated a man out of his real property shows that David was indeed trying to profit by his pseudolegal peddliing. He sold the Montana Freeman a bill of goods and now Bishop Castle is more proof that David will try to scam people into giving him money. I suspect that there were more victims out there who fell prey to David and were too embarrassed to come forward and open up about it.
David is too ill to realize that what he is doing is wrong, or perhaps too sociopathic to care. If something is to his benefit, it is therefore "right" and "good"; and he will tell you why this is so, in long, turgid, repetitive and barely comprehensible detail. No delusion which supports his fantasies is too crazy to not use.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Sociopathic, probably yes. Delusional, not so much. You only have to read the Bishop's complaint to see that David did a number of calculated actions to bring about the fraudulent transfer; the fact that he saw there was a mistake on the property description of the warranty deed and lied to the Bishops again about why they needed to re-sign the corrected is proof enough that David knew exactly what he was doing. And the fact that he failed to appear in court to defend his actions also reveals that Van Pelt knew that none of this was going to hold up. If he was delusional to the point that he actually believed his crappola, he would have shown up to contest the Bishops' suit.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

And Dave "the snake" Merrill slithered back to the wfs to inject more verbiage venom. And he even posted lynx!
"Gospel of Pragmatism"
Yes such a van pelt of a thing.

http://worldfreemansociety.org/forum/49 ... ism#144710

Yea verily I refrain from from further deficating on his peanut head for now.

Peas
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I know this thread died a long time ago but one of my friends from Facebook actually visited Bishop Castle and posted pics. Since there is a Facebook page for it I decided to share.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bishop%2 ... 5269861871

There is a website listed but it leads to a landing page with links to fundraisers. Have fun with that if it interests you.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"