Here we go again. . .

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Here we go again. . .

Post by arayder »

Rob Menard has recently been hyping his indoor grow systems and is telling everyone on Facebook that he's had a meeting with an un-named vegetarian restaurant chain interested in purchasing a great many units in order to grow vegetables for their restaurant chain.

After hyping the meeting Menard gave his Facebook readers a report. The emphasis is mine:
Robert Menard: Well that went about as well as I hoped! Very cool folks, and although they liked my design it was not what they were looking for. They prefer an aeroponics misting system for the roots as opposed to a flood and drain system, they want the units fixed in place but still modular instead of mobile units, and they want to be able to go up at twice or three times the height of my design. They did like my design for someone who wants to maybe grow in their garage, but they have in mind a much higher production capacity than my design was aiming for.

So... they asked me to redesign my unit to meet their needs, include greater detail in the drawings so they can get it in front of an engineer and do a cost analysis, and give a better more detailed construction plan. If I can come in under about $3500 US for a 4'x 8' multi-tier modular plug and play units and still include the control system, I think they may offer me the contract to set up their urban farm, or, consider a partnership and creation of a new corporate entity to manufacture and sell these larger industrial sized units.

They liked it, they just want bigger. Either way, I see them in two weeks with the new plan, designed to their stated specs.
Those of you who are familiar with Rob's entrepreneurial efforts and inventions will recall his proposed vitamin supplement product, his pitched property stewardship company, which was to employ homeless people to renovate foreclosed properties, and the infamous Ninja Goat, an outdated motorized camera platform he proposed to sell to the film industry.

If you recall each effort was hyped on the internet or on Facebook showing the usual Menard excitement with the supposedly bold new idea. In each case a meeting with or a solid connection to the product's prospective users was hyped and reported on. In each case Menard said he needed to make a few more adaptions to his invention or idea, but needed just a few more thousand dollars to get the project rolling. I suspect in this case the pitch to investors will come around the time of the next meeting in two weeks.

I have to admit that this time I was hoping Bobby might, in his 50's, be on the way to making his way in the world. But I see the pattern. I think all Bobby wants are investors who will eventually be told that the project didn't happen and their money went up in smoke.

Think about it. The Facebook faithful are being told that a successful restaurant chain is calling serious meetings with guy who, by a simple Google search, can be discovered as a failed freeman guru on the run from the courts.

Oh, please!
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Here we go again. . .

Post by bmxninja357 »

well i know many of you dont know why, but i like rob. that aside this is another doomed idea. its not that aeroponics are a bad idea. its a great idea. its a fantastic way to produce food or your favorite herb. it has proven quite effective at doing what it should do.

now here is the problem.....

there is large companies that have been producing such systems for years. they also have employees to assist in installation and to assist with any problems along the way. plus warranty and an actual registered company that may inspire more confidence in the system and any further help. more than some guy accepting cash to build a thing thats been around for years and can be purchased, installed and serviced by a reputable company that is cheaper than the 3500 being asked for.

i would like to see rob do good. i have probably pissed him off over the last couple years but i still like him none the less. but he needs to find original ideas and concepts in business, law and commerce. he also needs to retool his legal theories.

if he believes there needs to be real change in the world and he wishes to assist changing things to make the world a better place he needs to admit some concepts are wrong and flat out stop promoting them. he needs to look at how the world really works and what it really needs. when you have a concept or idea ask if its been tried before. you must ask if thats the way the world really works. if the answer is no one must move on.

and if doing something for a moral reason thats great; but with moral responsibility also often comes hardship. one must be ready to do the time if you do the crime. like if you are really and truly opposed to taxes because they may go to bombing women and children (this is just an example)and you cease to pay them you must be prepared to to say your opinion under oath on the stand and you must be prepared to do the time. the time is the protest.

and i still lost respect for running from the impersonating a cop charge. you claimed you have that right. you claimed you would turn yourself in. you claimed you were right and could prove it in court.

are you a man of your word and going to prove your right or wrong like a man or are you going to be a coward? others who tried went to court to test the theory. they may have been wrong but they were not cowards. if they did it wrong go prove it.`its what, a whopping 90 days or something if you were wrong? whoopee!

man up, be original and put your money where your mouth is. in law, business and life. or your going to lose all your friends.

and thats how i see it.
peace
ninj
`
Last edited by bmxninja357 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Yeah I don't really see the problem here. Whether it's a doomed project or not at least it's an attempt at doing something legit, as opposed to the obvious scams that could get innocent people in trouble like ACCP or C3P0.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:Yeah I don't really see the problem here. Whether it's a doomed project or not at least it's an attempt at doing something legit, as opposed to the obvious scams that could get innocent people in trouble like ACCP or C3P0.
Is it? Or, is it just a way to get investors suckers to give him the startup money, for a project which will never be started?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote:Is it? Or, is it just a way to get investors suckers to give him the startup money, for a project which will never be started?
Well, until we see Menard actually start soliciting for donations/investments for this project, its just speculation at this point regarding his motives. Granted, this is how Menard has behaved in the past, and leopards don't change their spots. But we are going to have to wait and see if he actually does it.

Like others, I wish that this turns out well for Menard and he gains some respect from it, especially self-respect and that he learns something from it. But I tend to agree with ninja that it is rather unlikely he is going to end up being awarded this project. It may be that this company is just looking to see if they can get something for nothing and will end up jerking Menard around and then go with the big boys when he can't meet their price point.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The way this often works is that somebody who has spent years in an industry that's about to boom leaves the company and goes out on his/her own to start their own company. Investors and product consumers are aware the person knows their stuff and know that the market is about to bust open.

Taurus Arms spins off of Smith and Wesson and buys the product plans of the Brazilian branch of Beretta Arms. John DeLorean leaves General Motors and starts DMC. Dave Thomas worked for Kentucky Fried Chicken for 15 years before he started Wendy's. The list goes on. It might be as small time as the manager of a local office of a big pest control company starting his own bug killing business in an unserved part of town.

The problem comes if and when the old company sues claiming the ex-employee stole copyright protected materials or ideas or violated non-compete agreements.

If there is a chain restaurant involved in Menard's latest tall tale you can bet they know exactly who and what Menard is. . . a 50 something hobbyist who's been working on his grow box off and on for a few years and dreams he's going to leap frog an industry, the same way he figured he was going to re-write 300 years of western law.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The Observer wrote: Like others, I wish that this turns out well for Menard and he gains some respect from it, especially self-respect and that he learns something from it.
Honestly, I too hope it works out for him. He might realize he's not the victim he thinks he is. For years Bobby's been whining about how the bad old government's been screwing him. Ya' know it's gotta hurt him that each of his sisters has thrived without having to wallow in a constant state of victimhood.

Getting a win. Some confidence and a sense of empowerment would do ole Bobby some good.

If nothing else if he's working his fingers to the bone getting grow boxes ready for the client then that's less time available to dupe wannabe freemen.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

bmxninja357 wrote:well i know many of you dont know why, but i like rob.
he needs to admit some concepts are wrong and flat out stop promoting them.
if you are really and truly opposed to taxes because they may go to bombing women and children (this is just an example)and you cease to pay them you must be prepared to to say your opinion under oath on the stand and you must be prepared to do the time. the time is the protest.
and i still lost respect for running from the impersonating a cop charge. you claimed you have that right. you claimed you would turn yourself in. you claimed you were right and could prove it in court.
are you a man of your word and going to prove your right or wrong like a man or are you going to be a coward?
Let's recap, Ninj. You like someone who, by your own account, (1) promotes (actually sells, where he can) outright bullshit that only serves to get people in more trouble; (2) lacks the courage of his convictions, and (3) talks big but, when danger reared its ugly head, bravely turned tail and fled. Is that about right?

Just checking.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

arayder wrote:
The Observer wrote: Like others, I wish that this turns out well for Menard and he gains some respect from it, especially self-respect and that he learns something from it.
Honestly, I too hope it works out for him. He might realize he's not the victim he thinks he is. For years Bobby's been whining about how the bad old government's been screwing him. Ya' know it's gotta hurt him that each of his sisters has thrived without having to wallow in a constant state of victimhood.

Getting a win. Some confidence and a sense of empowerment would do ole Bobby some good.

If nothing else if he's working his fingers to the bone getting grow boxes ready for the client then that's less time available to dupe wannabe freemen.

he could easily eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasily get a 'win' by actually getting a job and being a productive member of society. just sayin'. and takes considerably less effort than the scams he comes up with.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Chaos wrote:
arayder wrote:

he could easily eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasily get a 'win' by actually getting a job and being a productive member of society. just sayin'. and takes considerably less effort than the scams he comes up with.
Yes, but that would require him to actually work and be pleasant to people, and I don't think he knows how.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Let's be honest, the driving force behind these grow kits (and much of freemanism for that matter) is pot. With pending legalization, his kit has a shot of making some money.

Not that I would suggest investing any money into it. It's still Menard. But good on him if he does well on it (on making/selling not invest scam).
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Pretty accurate reasoning.... Home grow kits for cannabis are IMHO ridiculously over priced and his price point is about half of what his current competitors charge. That being said, many home gardeners in cold climates such as myself venture out to their local hardware store or garden center and buy or build much the same for even less except they are using these systems to get an early start on vegetables and flowers.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This is assuming, a really bad mistake, that Bobby's design is cheaper and easier to build than the commercial one and that he isn't going to seriously over charge for what he is providing. Past history would tend to suggest that the opposite will be true. EVERY "project" Bobby has "planned" has come in way beyond budget or practicality, and it would appear he has no sense at all about what the things he is planning actually cost, even in base materials. The word irrationally unrealistic keeps coming to mind for some reason.

On the plus side though, if he diligently, well at least diligently as he can manage, it might actually keep him out of real trouble for a while.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:. . . EVERY "project" Bobby has "planned" has come in way beyond budget or practicality, and it would appear he has no sense at all about what the things he is planning actually cost, even in base materials. The word irrationally unrealistic keeps coming to mind for some reason.
Bobby does a little reading about the law and God help any judge who tries to cross him. He studies motorized thingies and he thinks he's light years ahead of all the manufacturers of camera dollies. He "gets to know" a few cops and he's ready to run a nationwide corps of peace officers. He builds a grow box so he can have some weed and. . .shazam. . .he's ready to move the hydroponics industries ahead by a few decades.

It's a sort of Dunning-Kruger effect with a Menardian twist.
Last edited by arayder on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

wserra wrote:
Let's recap, Ninj. You like someone who, by your own account, (1) promotes (actually sells, where he can) outright bullshit that only serves to get people in more trouble; (2) lacks the courage of his convictions, and (3) talks big but, when danger reared its ugly head, bravely turned tail and fled. Is that about right?

Just checking.
im also friends with motorcycle gang club members, drunk drivers, street racers, skinheads, many folks who have a mental disorder that makes them believe in an imaginary bearded man who lives in the sky and watches everyone all day, and im even friends with tax men and lawyers. and somewhere in there im also friends with some damn good people.

whats your point?
ninj
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Serious question, Ninj......what are his good points?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

he is fun to hang out with. regardless of his legal opinions/beliefs and the stuff folks only learn from court docs and internet forums there is still more to the man than that. from joking about whats in the days local paper, to cracking wise about folks walking by, to puffing a joint and talking about this or that there is lots more than the tiny bit of what makes the man presented on the internet.

there is very few here who can say they have actually hung out with rob for any length of time. some like him, and some dont. most of you know i do not share much if not most of his beliefs. in fact i do not appreciate quite a lot of it. however if i hung out with him again im sure we would agree to disagree on those things and go on to chat about any of the other topics the world has to offer.

the world would be an awful boring place if we only hung out with folks we agree with on everything. and in short, he can be fun to chill with. it does not oblige me to agree with him or preach his beliefs. nor does it oblige me to ram my beliefs down his throat. however it would be fun to roll some dubes, bbq some burgers and make an adventure of walking to the beer store for a case.

peace,
ninj
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Would be funny if the company he does work for, returns his bill for his grow station with A4V marked over it. I am sure Bobby the business man will have no issues with that.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

arayder wrote:He builds a grow box so he can have some weed and. . .shazam. . .he's ready to move the hydroponics industries ahead by a few decades.
That was my reaction. I've worked with agronomists, and you'd be surprised how much there is to know about growing vegetables. You can't just build a box with a UV light in the ceiling. You need precise temperature and humidity control; ways to keep out pests; configurability for the needs of each plant; and so forth. As others have pointed out, inexpensive commercial systems of this type already exist.

And from a business perspective, I can't believe a vegetarian restaurant chain would entrust such a core function to some guy off the street. Especially when that guy has previously declared that pesticide laws don't apply to him: http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/mrmitee/exempt.pdf

I suspect Menard talked his way into a meeting, they gave him a "we'll get back to you" brush-off, and he took it as an invitation.

If Menard really has this skill set, he could go into business for himself. http://www.omaha.com/money/omaha-s-firs ... cc9e6.html is an example of a commercial urban hydroponic farm. They can provide fresh local greens in winter, when the climate doesn't allow for it - something that might be useful in Canada.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

that is assuming the proven liar, Steaming Pile of BM©, is telling the truth for once in his life.