Belanger Rises From the Grave! Figuratively.

Moderator: Burnaby49

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Belanger Rises From the Grave! Figuratively.

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I can see a couple of small snags there. It is true that humans do produce a small amount of methane. However, so do swamps and cows. In order to be a gas producing asset, I would think that the gas needs to be collectable in a usable form, as it is from underground reserves; gas which merely enters the atmosphere and is then freely disipated by natural processes is not an asset because it has no commercial value. I think it is arguable that gas which has no economic value is excluded from the ambit of the Act for lack of value.
Mr Belanger could fit himself with some form of collecting apparatus, such as an inserted hose and a gas-bag, but if the cost of collecting and refining the gas is higher than the commercial value of the product, no one could consider it an asset. It is for this reason that the much greater afflatus of cattle is not harnessed and harvested by some similar means.

Failing to be an asset brings his case tumbling down. As a side note he may indeed produce a small amount of oil, unhappily it is not a pertoleum product as referred to in the act, although it may be covered under some other Act relating to organic and vegetable oils.

I do admire the considerable ingenuity of the argument, but a lack of detachment from the goal of his search may have blinded him to the minor considerations I mention above, to his peril should he rely on them in court.

PS I'd like to know where I can invest some money and get 12.3% interest.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This is the same level of illiteracy/fantasy/dimness that says that people can be "transmitting utilities" Makes just as much, as in, NO, sense. SOVCIT fantasms are just one of those things that you don't want to have to think too hard about.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 am I propose a new nickname for our oil-spewing friend: Spindleflop. Now we just have to cap him lest we let all of his secretions escape!
Purity Of Essence!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Production rates, capture and storage, business viability, ECONOMIC VALUE. Where in the COCD does it say that a project has to have economic value? You bean-counting negative Nellies are such defeatist nit-pickers!

Those mundane details are the purview of engineers and bureaucrats not visionaries. Belanger dreams in broader brush strokes. He's an artist who envisions The Dream and leaves these workaday mundane details to the number-crunching drones. Anybody can sit at a desk all day tediously grinding out the paperwork but few, very few, could take the regulations from an obscure, almost forgotten legislative Act and turned it into unimaginable wealth. $8,000,000 per Canadian! From some dull actuarial slodge about foreign ownership percentages! Your small-thinking comments clearly point out why Belanger has made such a rousing success of his life while we losers fret about our pensions and the next paycheque.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

So, now that Belanger is a fossil fuel producer, he is subject to Canadian environmental laws, right? :snicker:
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:30 pm So, now that Belanger is a fossil fuel producer, he is subject to Canadian environmental laws, right? :snicker:
Haven't you been paying the slightest attention to this discussion? I'll spell it out yet again.

Belanger claims that the Canadian Constitution and the United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights exempt him from any laws that violate his religious beliefs. This requires a very subjective analysis and Belanger is the final arbitrator of what laws offend his religious sensibilities. So if he finds that our environmental laws conflict with his beliefs he isn't required to adhere to them.

Additionally he has, in the past, presented a rock solid legal analysis proving that only Canadian laws that were included in the 1611 edition of the King James Bible are actually current valid law. Do you see our environmental laws in there? This is however a discretionary exclusion. Belanger has shown us, by collecting welfare and his reliance on the CODC, that he accepts that some laws can apply to him even if not in the King James Bible. But he obviously has to agree to which laws apply to him.

I don't know why I bother with you people.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs