Academic paper - Lawyers and Court Representation of OPCA Litigants in Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Academic paper - Lawyers and Court Representation of OPCA Litigants in Canada

Post by DNetolitzky »

Hi everyone,

I just published a paper in the University of British Columbia Law Review which discusses lawyer representation of pseudolaw litigants in Canada. I thought I'd link it here since the subject may be of interest to the Quatloosians:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _in_Canada

Briefly, I identify three general categories of lawyer activity, 'good faith' litigation by lawyers representing pseudolaw litigants, lawyers who operate in a 'grey zone' of probably bad but at least somewhat arguable issues, and then a small number of lawyers who have fully embraced pseudolaw and 'gone rogue'.

I suspect much of the material will be familiar to those who monitor the Canada Quatloos litigation forums, but hopefully this paper if nothing else synthesizes some of those resources in a useful way.

The discussion of the rogue Canadian lawyers includes a couple subjects who I do not believe are documented anywhere else, along with some other additional information about familiar individuals such as Glenn Bogue.

As readers here will likely observe, Burnaby49 has documented a couple additional rogue lawyers who did not make it into this paper - they were located after my original draft was accepted. So I'm not ignoring your good work Burnaby49! I may create a kind of addendum document for that particular subject, since I think it's an important one. Lawyer regulatory bodies should be conscious of the highly deleterious effects of lawyers who instruct their clients that pseudolaw is correct or arguable.

I hope readers find the paper interesting - comments, observations, all that are very welcome!

Donald
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Academic paper - Lawyers and Court Representation of OPCA Litigants in Canada

Post by notorial dissent »

Congratulations on publication.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Academic paper - Lawyers and Court Representation of OPCA Litigants in Canada

Post by grixit »

It might also be good to write a followup on people who skirt the edge of unauthorized practice of law.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4