Belanger on trial!

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Belanger on trial!

Post by Burnaby49 »

Things are not going well for our CERI minister Belanger. He's been in jail for over a month and doesn't seem to be coming out anytime soon. Why is he there? Anybody's guess from the information that his daughter has posted on his FB page. The story started with this;
Edward Jay Robin Belanger
August 20 at 12:41 PM ·
This is robin's daughter. His court is tomorrow morning at 9 am in Edmonton. Courtroom 267. He is in need of witnesses. Anyone available come down tomorrow morning courtroom 267.
Mika Rasila We saw this around the same time, I want the transcript of the court record after this, robin is good in court
Samantha Buller-Kormos Mika Rasila does it cost a bunch to get them?
Or because.its.public its free
Amy Strong Samantha Buller-Kormos Should be free, but they might still charge money for it, greedy fucks !
Mika replies with totally erroneous information;
Mika Rasila civil court and provincial court verdicts are posted at Canlii supreme court you have to pay for and I do not know which venue he demanded
Which venue he demanded? Mika apparently thinks Belanger can demand that his case be heard in any court he chooses. Mika's correct that civil and provincial court verdicts are published on CanLII but CanLII does not charge for them, it's a free service. Anybody can access CanLII's complete court decision database here;

https://www.canlii.org/en/

And CanLII has nothing to do with the Supreme Court. The Canadian Legal Information Institute is a non-profit organization created and funded by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. CanLII offers free public access to approximately 1.6 million documents from nearly 300 case law and legislative databases. This includes almost all published Canadian court decisions.

Sinking even deeper into ignorance and misinformation Mika wrote this;
Mika Rasila Likely supreme court for robin
The Supreme Court of Canada is not a trial court it's an appeal court. Before Belanger has any right to be heard at the Supreme Court he first has to first be tried and convicted by an Alberta trial court. Then he has to appeal, and lose his appeal, at the Alberta provincial court level. Only then can he request that his appeal be heard at the Supreme Court. And the Supreme Court can, and will, refuse to accept his appeal for a hearing.

More idiocy;
Amy Strong Lee Carver Fairley the all in caps PERSON is a Legal Fiction construct, and a living breath man is tricked into thinking that is him,when its Not him, and he only empowers it by thinking that is him, when its Never was him !!!
Lee Carver Fairley Amy Strong, I think I showed that I was privy to that knowledge by capitalizing "PERSON" to begin with. Been living it close to 5 years now, and know both Mika and Robin in real time...
Mika Rasila Amy Strong even though it is something paid into it is still paid into through the legal person and I do remember robin telling me about a pension
I hope Mika isn't talking about Belanger's AISH payments. Those were cruelly taken away from him a few years back.

Things seemed to be going well;
Amber-Lee Belanger Its aug 21st 9 am

Amber-Lee Belanger Court went well he is being released today !!!

Nancy-Jean Lyons Caswell-Sears just heard...great news...awaiting details
Kevin James Bruce Codere

I heard last nite at 10pm

Glad he's out...
And then they weren't;
Amber-Lee Belanger I am sorry I have not updated. He was supposed to be released and now they are holding him on another ticket till his trial Sept 21 or 22. I'm trying to find out more but even I am limited to info. I am sorry. I'm doing what I can to update
Some curiosity as to why he's incarcerated;
Andre Morrison
Progression,also what interested did they have to interfere with the minister?
A couple of guesses;
Kevin James I believe it was highway traffic based initial contact. Andre im checking into it.
I'm the Rev from Calgary btw if you've followed his ministry
Adrian R Drew I think it has something to do with that legal cannabis bullshit. The tricks they play.
Which are actually reasonably accurate. Belanger is facing two charges;

On September 10-11 He's on trial on a drug possession charge.
On September 20-21 He's on trial on 'travelling' offences.

This isn't the only setback Belanger has recently been dealt. One of his acolytes has just had his ass handed to him by the dread Judge Rooke for trying to get out of paying his debts through Belanger's Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International bullshit. Rooke was, even for him, harsh in his decision. I'll be writing that one up soon.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Belanger on trial!

Post by Jeffrey »

How much time he looking at when he’s found guilty?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 pm How much time he looking at when he’s found guilty?
That question pains me Jeffery. Deeply. When he's found guilty? This is Belanger, the biblical genius. Everything he does is firmly anchored in his true Christian beliefs so he'll wave his CERI magic wand aroud the courthouse, admonish the judge about his constitutional right to break the law if the King James bible orders him to do so, and he'll strut out to the acclaim of the gallery.

However if Potvin (the case I'll be writing up next week) is any indication of how things are going in Alberta regarding CERI legal defenses Belanger best factor in at least the remote possibility of convictions. The Alberta courts seem to have had enough of Belanger's CERI Ecclesiatical Chariots bullshit and his claimed right to go about his eccesiastical duties unmolested even if he breaks man-made laws.

So, to your question, if he's convicted i have no idea what his sentence will be. Neither charge is particularly serious if the drug posession charge relates to personal use quantities of marijuana. Since, like me, he's an enfeebled old man he may well get just a conditional sentence.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So the Right Rev Ring a Ding got popped for pot and no license?? Color me shocked and surprised. - NOT -

I'm really amazed he's managed to go this long without getting caught. I'd think as down at heels as he's been that anything he'd be driving it would be so down at the heels that it would be carrying a MASSIVE sign saying "bust me" in neon glowy things.

The only thing funnier is his "brain trust" 'splainin' what happened and how he can deal with it. That was just, well amazing. Amazingly dumb, amazingly naive, amazingly ignorant, just well amazing.

Welcome back. Looking forward to the two cases you're working on.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Even by the standards of a Judge Rooke shitkicking Alfred Potvin got the boots put to him. He tried every piece of sovereign bullshit he could download from the internet but he also became a minister of Belanger's so-called church and used that as a large part of his case by regurgitating all of Belanger's idiocy to the court. So, for the first time I'm aware of, Alberta's Queen's Bench put Belanger in the crosshairs and let him have it. Rooke discussed and discredited all of Belanger's arguments, King James, persons, coronation oath, dead things, the absolute right of CERI ministers to do whatever the fuck they want. It all went into the hopper. Paragraph 103 tells all that we need to know about Rooke's opinion of Belanger and his bullshit;
[103] CERI is an Edmonton-Based OPCA movement headed by a conman guru "minister" or "paraclete" Edward Jay Robin Belanger. . . . The chief focus of this group is the use of pseudolaw to evade their legal obligations and to engage in criminal activities, often centered on marijuana trafficking, or driving in motor vehicles they claim are outside of government regulations because these are "Ecclesiastical Pursuit Chariots".

Not a lot of comfort for Belanger in that paragraph particularly since he is charged with "travelling" offenses in his spiffy pursuit chariot and drug possession.

Paragraph 104 is even more dismal from the paraclete's point of view since it starts a section of the decision that specifically targets his various theories and discredits them;
[104] Since there has not been a recent decision that addresses the pseudolegal theories advanced by CERI this judgment is a useful point to review these concepts and why they have no legal merit.
In other words the Potvin decision pre-empts everything that Belanger is planning to use as a defense at his trials. Every gibberish argument he babbles out has an already considered and rejected in Potvin. He may have to rely on actual law!

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Hmmmmm..... You see I am in e-town but may be at work by then. If im not I shall attend. Hell im sure theres many with some choice words for me by now and I would love to give them the oppertunity to flappy thy yappy.

Will see how it goes.
Peace,
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Be funny if the prosecution in Belanger's case cites Potvin.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 am Be funny if the prosecution in Belanger's case cites Potvin.
Funny if they did? I'd be very surprised if they didn't. It stands as precedence and, given Belanger's obsession with his own theories, exactly to point. I'll fill out the details of Potvin next week when it should appear on CanLII so I can reference the decision. It's like a prophecy of things to come, chapter and verse on why Belanger will lose on his religion-based arguments.

notorial dissent

Well, the Right Rev Ring a Ding has been lusting after fame, fortune, and notoriety for a long time, so it looks like he finally achieved one of them, just not in the way he wanted to.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Ecclesiastical Pursuit Chariots".
Love it. :mrgreen:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
grixit

Post by grixit »

Potvin Belanger is the name of my new fusion jazz band. "Ecclesiastical Pursuit Chariots" is the name of our first hit. I composed it by creating a Markov chain selection from "Yakkity Sax" and "Flight of the Bumblebee".

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

unfortunately i have no one to watch my doggie, miss princess penelope demi labelle. and im not willing to park my house unattended anywhere near edmonton court house. its in such a good neighbourhood. so safe women can just stand around on the street all night. and judging by the carts there must be a 24 hour grocery store around but damned if i have ever found it...

i wanted to see parakeet bellender get gods law confused with reality.

next time i guess.
ninj
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

bmxninja357 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:55 pm so safe women can just stand around on the street all night. and judging by the carts there must be a 24 hour grocery store around but damned if i have ever found it...
ninj
that's funny
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

bmxninja357 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:55 pm its in such a good neighbourhood. so safe women can just stand around on the street all night. and judging by the carts there must be a 24 hour grocery store around but damned if i have ever found it...
I've been through somewhere like that and the women were also modelling lingerie.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I know that area fairly well and any women you find there in a state of deshabille is because they were so impaired they forgot to put on a necessary item of clothing or had such a lack of co-ordination they couldn't quite manage to fasten things up. :shrug:
BTW, the safest place to park around there is on the street right in front of the detox or Jamieson Centre. There is an almost constant flow of people on the street so it's hard to break into a vehicle. Similarly, the street people figure anyone so brazen is probably a cop or social worker so they avoid you.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Belanger's two day trial for drug possession should be over although, having attended a lot of trials, I'm not optomistic. They always seem to run overtime, particularly when the accused is a babbling sovereign nitwit. I've checked the national news and local Edmonton news and can't find any breaking reports about how Canada's entire legal system of statute based law system has been overthrown by a Queen's Bench decision that the only valid laws in Canada are the laws included in the King James Bible. So I have to assume that Belanger's overwhelming confidence in the correctness of his legal analysis of his religious rights wasn't as obvious to Queen's Bench as it is to him.

notorial dissent

I'm waiting for ACJ Rooke to properly slice and dice the Right Rev Ring a Ling
as he so richly deserves. He's cost enough grief and taxpayer expense as it is.
grixit

Post by grixit »

I'm curious. Which edition of the KJV does he mean? It makes a difference.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Well i know a little birdie who is sitting in on parkeet Bellenders trials. They just do not to wish to post as they felt a bit intimidated in the courtroom by family of the inmate. I may post a bit of what I got or send them Burnaby49's way.

Im chicken picking on my phone or i would say more.

Peace
Ninj
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Amy Strong Lee Carver Fairley the all in caps PERSON is a Legal Fiction construct, and a living breath man is tricked into thinking that is him,when its Not him, and he only empowers it by thinking that is him, when its Never was him !!!
A string of words with various meanings designed to unrealistically twist things into meaning something not actually meant =
I got it.... it's a script from Abbott And Costello that never made it to a scene!

Makes me wonder if the "you're a cop, you're a public servant, you have to do what I say" was pulled directly from Abbott and Costello as well. Guess the OPCA crowd don't get the joke.