Ottawa dentist Kin Fong latest OPCA criminal

Moderator: Burnaby49

friendofafriend
Swabby
Swabby

Ottawa dentist Kin Fong latest OPCA criminal

Post by friendofafriend »

2 years less a day for tax fraud and money laundering. Porisky-ite Paradigm Education Group follower. Details here:

http://www.richardwarman.ca/dentist-kin-fong/
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Ottawa dentist Kin Fong latest OPCA criminal

Post by Burnaby49 »

As far as I'm aware only two Poriskyites who have been tried for income tax evasion as a result of following Russell Porisky's Paradigm scheme have beaten the rap. These are Vancouver dentist Leo Fung;

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 50&t=10477

and Arthur Doerksen;

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 50&t=11112

Fung was actually found not guilty on the merits of his case. I believe the decision has been appealed by the Crown. Doerksen got off by taking the drastic step of dying during his trial. A bit of an irony given that he died of cancer although he made his living flogging a useless electronic device that he claimed cured cancer. He used his own recovery from a previous bout of cancer by using the device as evidence of it's efficacy.

For some reason dentists went all in with Porisky's scheme. Without digging into past postings I can remember at least four others besides Fong. One of these was Peter Balogh who may or may not yet get out of his conviction. The judge stayed charges against him after the trial was concluded but before giving his verdict on the basis that Balogh's prosecution had dragged out too long triggering delay. Crown appealed this and an appeals judge reversed the delay decision and, since the trial judge had said that he would have convicted Balogh had it not been for delay, imposed the sentence the trial judge should have made. Balogh is appealing this.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pmFor some reason dentists went all in with Porisky's scheme.
Dentists seem over-represented in the TP ranks on this side of the 49th parallel as well. A sampling: Carter Rae, Nancy Montgomery-Ware, Elaine Brown, Glenn Unger ("Dr. Sam Kennedy"), Michael Scott, David Goldston, Philip Kaufman, Wesley Bowden (a personal favorite who should nonetheless stop using my name), Mark Maggert, Bradley C. Brennecke and Bruce A. Mrusek; Alan Turley, Thomas Miller, Mark Johnson and others. And of course Orly Taitz.

Nitrous?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Followed by chiropractors and airline pilots???? And doctors???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Given that we have only one-tenth of your population I think that idiot tax-evading Canadian dentists do a damn fine job against the American competition.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Many years ago, I was representing a tax shelter promoter who was being prosecuted in North Carolina. I went to the Assistant U.S. Attorney's office for a plea-bargaining chat, and he had a sign on his wall that said, "Most tax shelters are sold to doctors. But every once in a while there is a shelter that is so bad, you can only sell it to dentists."
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:20 am Many years ago, I was representing a tax shelter promoter who was being prosecuted in North Carolina. I went to the Assistant U.S. Attorney's office for a plea-bargaining chat, and he had a sign on his wall that said, "Most tax shelters are sold to doctors. But every once in a while there is a shelter that is so bad, you can only sell it to dentists."
:lol:

That's a good one!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

My father is a Dentist, and I remember back in the late 80s he went to a free "Financial" seminar for dentists, on how to maximize your income. He came home with some marketing package, and ultimately didn't do it, partly due to the cost of the package, my dad is rather frugal, and a gut feeling that something wasn't quite right, due to his no such thing as a free lunch mentality. Ultimately he passed on it, but I am sure some of the attendees signed up, and implemented the plans. This was targeted and marketed to Dentists, so that seems to be at least on of the reasons we see so many.

What is interesting is that I think this sparked my interest in tax. It made me wonder what "loopholes" actually existed under the code, and if there were legal ways to avoid or minimize tax.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gman - By any chance do you remember any more details? Or have any stuff from those folks lying around? It wasn't Global Prosperity Group (A/K/A Institute for Global Prosperity), was it?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

wserra wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:42 pm Gman - By any chance do you remember any more details? Or have any stuff from those folks lying around? It wasn't Global Prosperity Group (A/K/A Institute for Global Prosperity), was it?
I will ask my Dad if he remembers their name. I doubt he has any of the materials, he would have trashed them long ago. It was my first encounter with alternative tax theory, and even at that young age, I didn't think it was right either. I remember thinking that if everyone did this, there would be no tax revenue, and that couldn't be a good thing. Even back then I could figure that out, and I must have been 11 or 12 at the time.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

A dentist I used to go to fell down this rabbit hole too (I believe it was the "Xelan" shelter back in the early 2000's), and things escalated to the point where I got a thick letter from the IRS (always an attention-getter) to the effect of 'We got your name from Dr. So-and-so's files, and please be advised that if you owe him any money you now owe us that money instead, please kindly remit in the enclosed envelope, our apologies if this letter has reached you in error, yours truly, Agent Pseudonym.'

His practice folded very shortly thereafter. Imagine that.