Rapist claims that Belanger's Church exempts him from prosecution!

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Rapist claims that Belanger's Church exempts him from prosecution!

Post by Burnaby49 »

While criminal sexual assault is considered a serious offense under Canada's corrupt statutory law it's apparently quite acceptable under the religious rules of the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International (CERI), Paraclete Belanger's personal church. At least that seems to be the claim of Carlo Fredrick Berg, convicted rapist and thoroughly repellant character. Well, repellant apart from CERI where he seems to be a member in good standing notwithstanding his proclivity to sexually attacking women. He argued at his sexual assault trial that he was immune from prosecution because, as a CERI follower, he wasn't subject to the laws of man but only to the laws of god as laid down in the King James Bible.
(Judge) Mah identified one local OPCA movement as the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International, whose pseudolaw concepts Berg attempted to use in his defence. Among other things, Berg argued that he only subject to the King James Bible and that as a “Minister of Christ,” showing respect to other people constituted necrophilia.
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local- ... ex-assault

Belanger seems to be expanding the reach of his ministry. In the past he's largely dealt with trying to get people free houses by claiming that god, through the King James bible, allows CERI followers to renounce their mortgages and trying to get people off of traffic offenses because his ministers are exempt from traffic laws. Now his church seems to be supporting the concept that violent criminals are beyond the reach of man-made statutory law unless it can be shown that the offenses they have committed are specifically legislated within the laws of the King James Bible.

This is the offense Berg was convicted of committing notwithstanding his true, sincere religious beliefs as laid down in CERI doctrine;
A self-described “sovereign” citizen who sexually assaulted a woman at knife point has been sentenced to seven years in prison and will be monitored as a long-term offender once he gets out.

Carlo Fredrick Berg, 30, was convicted of sexual assault with a weapon in the fall of 2017 following a trial. It was Berg’s third sexual offence.

According to a sentencing decision from Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Douglas Mah, Berg approached a woman late one night in November 2015 and offered her a smoke. The woman had been foraging for cigarette butts outside a northeast Edmonton strip mall.

Suddenly, Berg pulled the woman into an alcove, produced a knife and demanded oral sex. The woman complied, fearing for her life.

Police arrested Berg the following January.
I find this part intriguing;
Also contained in the folder was a letter from Edward Jay Robin Belanger, who Mah called a “well-known pseudolaw guru” known for engaging in vexatious court proceedings. Berg earlier proposed to live with and be supervised by Belanger if granted bail.
What was in the letter? Was Belanger ordering the court to release Berg because this was just an internal CERI issue regarding protected religious beliefs? Or was it just some unrelated crap similar to;
sheet music, magazine clippings, hand-drawn illustrations such as mandalas and pyramids with Masonic imagery, and a picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy character Groot.
And Berg wanted a new role for minister Belanger, a bail superviser of miscreants within his flock. Berg also suggested that, rather than a jail sentence, he could put his evil thoughts behind him and be rehabilitated through;
Berg submitted a “self-directed program of intervention” including meditation, hatha yoga and a comfort dog would help keep him from reoffending.
I have no idea why the judge included this totally irrelevant, completely pointless comment;
Mah wrote Berg also “expressed a desire, quite genuine I believe, to enter into marriage."
Isn't that nice? All along he's just been looking for a loving wife in a somewhat unconventional fashion.

Information is pretty scant at the moment but I expect the judgment to be released soon and I'll post it along with an analysis. So far Belanger has been silent on Facebook and YouTube but, with the publicity for his church, that might change soon. A few days ago he coughed up a batch of videos that I'm not going to listen to that were right on topic for Berg, arguing that the government had to accommodate sincere religious beliefs, exactly what Berg seemed to be arguing. However these were aimed at 'service providers', probably the government agencies that balk at giving Belanger more welfare so probably just bad timing. I'm not going to listen to find out but you readers can feel free;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYQNu-S7YlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmb302W8Br8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3OjAsC2NsE
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Re: Rapist claims that Belanger's Church exempts him from prosecution!

Post by AndyK »

Berg should read the bible before relying on it:

Deuteronomy 22:25 "25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:"
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Berg earlier proposed to live with and be supervised by Belanger if granted bail.
I find this proposal to be rather interesting. Live where? Last I had heard, Belanger was relying on the kindness, if not stupidity, of strangers who he had conned into letting him move in with them since he had no place to live other than his aging RV. Imagine inviting the Parakeet into your home and then finding out that Belanger is a bringing as an uninvited guest a convicted rapist who will be on "supervised" bail for the duration of the trial and sentencing. Thank goodness that Belanger has become a persona non grata with Canadian justice.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Might be referencing Deuteronomy 22:28 which says you have to pay your victims father 50 shekels then marry her.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

SO, he has to pay over USD 225 in silver??
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 pm
Berg earlier proposed to live with and be supervised by Belanger if granted bail.
I find this proposal to be rather interesting. Live where? Last I had heard, Belanger was relying on the kindness, if not stupidity, of strangers who he had conned into letting him move in with them since he had no place to live other than his aging RV. Imagine inviting the Parakeet into your home and then finding out that Belanger is a bringing as an uninvited guest a convicted rapist who will be on "supervised" bail for the duration of the trial and sentencing. Thank goodness that Belanger has become a persona non grata with Canadian justice.
If you check out his latest videos you'll note that he's sitting in a living room with a huge picture of a lion's head behind him over the couch. He's been taking videos in that spot for the last two years so he's got fairly long-term accomodation. I assume it's the basement suite at Minster Cathrine's place. However, if so, I'm assuming that while she's willing to house Belanger her hospitality would not extend to a violent convicted rapist. All theoretical anyhow, the chances of the government allowing a convicted criminal and overall loon like Belanger to supervise someone on bail are nil.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:04 am I'm not going to listen...
It's a shame that you didn't listen to that last Belanger video on your list above. The first six minutes or so of that particular video is the same ol' Parakeet prattle about the law forcing you into necrophilia, but at the 6:08 mark Belanger drops his spiel and suddenly you find that you can listen to the rest of video without going through the typical nausea that usually accompanies his droning on. This is one video where you don't find anything to disagree with Belanger after the first six minutes.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

In the sovereign criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered, well, whatever you feel they should be considered as. Dah Dunk!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 pm
Not at all! Belanger is currently living in a one bedroom basement suite in a small house in Edmonton. If you check a few of his videos you'll see that he always sits with a huge picture of a lion's head immediately behind him. That's his living room with a spacious kitchen/dining area behind it. Also one bathroom and a utility area. Costs him $600 a month rent and $200 a month utilities.

Getting this information did not require any investigative efforts on my part, he told me himself, at least indirectly. He's trying to sublet the suite over the winter and posted an ad on his FaceBook page;
Edward Jay Robin Belanger posted an item for sale.
September 24 at 2:38 PM ·
Bsmt Suite
$800
Sublet full unshared suite for winter: Pet Friendly No Tobacco Comfortable quiet and very secure 1 bedroom fir trimmed full Bsmt suite. This suite is fully furnished complete with local hardline telephone included also with cooking implements cutlery appliances and dishes. It also has a Bed with bedding. Washer and dryer are included Utilities are averaged as the rent is $600.00 with an average of 200.00 per month utility bill. High-speed 300 internet extra 30.00 per month, Full garden and patio sharing. Upstairs tenant is a peaceful meditator very quiet very accommodating. Must be able to share snow shoveling when it snows. This is a positive energy house.
He even provided pictures of all the rooms except the bedroom. One warning for you prospective renters. He provided the address so I checked it out on Google Street View. Nice enough house and area but the Yellowhead Trail, a very busy eight lane freeway, is almost right beside the house. There's a wall, looks about ten feet high, just one lot over and the freeway traffic lanes are on the other side of the wall, in fact they start immediately beside it with no median. So I'm assuming that it makes for a noisy environment.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 pm Belanger is currently living in a one bedroom basement suite in a small house in Edmonton.
But earlier in this thread you stated:
I assume it's the basement suite at Minster Cathrine's place.

Are you saying now that the suite is not located within the home of Minster Catharine? That Belanger actually managed to get a place on his own volition and is using necrophilia-tainted mammon to pay for his lodgings?

Otherwise, I would think it would be funny, if in only in a tragic scene of irony, that Catherine let Belanger stay in the suite for free and he is trying to sublet it on the sly during those cold winters that he cannot stand. Getting to be on the road in his ramshackle RV and hanging out in BC while raking in $600 a month would be a good deal for him.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It's a mystery and will probably have to remain that way. He's been there a while, that lion head has been in the background of his videos for over two years. Before that it was a different, much shabbier basement suite that I'd assumed was minister Cathrines.

While he's stayed at minister Cathrine's place since I started following his antics he's also stayed in his RV in a public park, at the Volk's house in Victoria, at Peterson's house in the Parksville area on Vancouver Island, at a couple of places in Ontario, in Vancouver and probably other spots I can't recall or didn't know about. He also seemed to be in an institution for a while. He moves around tending his flock.

I'm wondering where he plans to spend the winter. Subletting for the season generally means a snowbird but you need money, a passport, and the ability to cross borders for that. Maybe he's got another sucker on the hook for a while. We'll have to wait and see if the filming venue changes.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Isn't where you are about as balmy as it gets in Canada come Winter?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Victoria, just one ferry trip from Burnaby49 is just a little more comfortable. That being said, Osoyoos has more hotter days per year. Besides the paraclete would fit in better there - to get into down you have an exciting drive down a mountain with the appropriate name of Anarchist Hill.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

:snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

eric wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 pm Victoria, just one ferry trip from Burnaby49 is just a little more comfortable. That being said, Osoyoos has more hotter days per year. Besides the paraclete would fit in better there - to get into down you have an exciting drive down a mountain with the appropriate name of Anarchist Hill.
Vancouver has very mild winters compared to almost all of the rest of Canada. Edmonton is awful in winter. However Victoria (my home town!) has even slightly milder winter weather than Vancouver. Often, when it snows here in Vancouver/Burnaby, all Victoria get is some rain.

Osoyoos is hellishly hot in summer, more like the Arizona desert than Canada. It is in fact in a desert that runs north from Arizona through Nevada, eastern Oregon and Washington, and ends in southern British Columbia just north of Osoyoos;

https://www.thestar.com/life/travel/200 ... esert.html