Academic publication - Pseudolaw at the Supreme Court of Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Academic publication - Pseudolaw at the Supreme Court of Canada

Post by DNetolitzky »

Hi everyone,

In yet more shameful self-promotion I thought I would drop a note that myself and my co-author Richard Warman have a paper now in press with the Alberta Law Review that may be of interest to the Quatloos community:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _of_Canada

I've been long hoping to bring a more systematic approach to review and study of pseudolaw. What this paper has attempted to do is to conduct as complete a review as possible of attempts to have the Supreme Court of Canada review pseudolaw concepts. Readers will be no doubt be shocked to learn that the SCC has, to date, refused to grant leave to all comers on this subject.

What I personally did find intriguing, and quite unexpected, was the frequency at which people who used pseudolaw were instead attempting to raise potentially legitimate non-pseudolaw issues at the SCC. Those familiar with the Canada's Detaxer community may not be surprised to learn David Kevin Lindsay seems to have had a lot to do with that. Beyond that, a lot of work and effort went into some of the applications - many applicants were clearly quite serious about their appeals. The usual antics, magical elements, and vigilante authorities were generally absent. We did not find even a single postage stamp or bloody fingerprint.

In any case, I hope the Quatloosians may find our paper of interest, and Richard and I look forward to your observations, criticisms, and such.

Donald Netolitzky
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Academic publication - Pseudolaw at the Supreme Court of Canada

Post by Burnaby49 »

However, the SCC clerks did not accurately reproduce this action’s style of cause.

The paper leave application instead reads:
Elio, A FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN BEING, OF THE FAMILY Dalle
Rive, AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF “ELIO DALLE RIVE” and
HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN, WILLIAM F. PENTNEY DEPUTY
ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CANADA

To a reader only familiar with ‘mainstream’ Canadian law, the choice of capitalized
and mixed case words might seem arbitrary or accidental. It isn’t. This is a coded
pattern of language derived from an unorthodox set of rules where the letter case of
these words has meaning.
Damn right. The correct interpretation of letter case of words in court documents means that Michael Millar is going to jail. Although he probably plans to give the SCC a shot in his attempt to find a court intelligent enought to agree with his brilliant legal interpretations.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And just where I wonder is he going to find " a court intelligent enought to agree with his brilliant legal interpretations" one wonders.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 am And just where I wonder is he going to find " a court intelligent enought to agree with his brilliant legal interpretations" one wonders.
In the back room of some pub, or in a semi-disused warehouse in a half-vacant office park?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

DENNYS !!!
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

This is Canada. Pseudo-court sessions to administer pseudo-law are held at Tim Hortons.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LordEd »

One thing I saw on random browsing:
Judges who fail to gown have no authority
Definitely wrong. Litigants who have judges who fail to gown would be faced with the naked truth.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:57 pm This is Canada. Pseudo-court sessions to administer pseudo-law are held at Tim Hortons.
Yes, but you have to be organized enough to get the reservation in, and flush enough to at least afford coffee.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

https://www.dennys.ca

On the other hand, according to Wikipedia, Tim Hortons was taken over by Burger King in 2014, and "quality has decreased drastically according to public opinion". The article also said it has restaurants in the US, but I have never run across them.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 am https://www.dennys.ca

On the other hand, according to Wikipedia, Tim Hortons was taken over by Burger King in 2014, and "quality has decreased drastically according to public opinion". The article also said it has restaurants in the US, but I have never run across them.
There was one in Pawtucket, RI; and it may still be there, but I haven't been by it lately.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 am https://www.dennys.ca

There's one in Youngstown, Ohio and a couple in the Columbus area.

Never been to any of them.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

There are a couple at commuter train stations in the NYC area.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
morrand

Post by morrand »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 am On the other hand, according to Wikipedia, Tim Hortons was taken over by Burger King in 2014, and "quality has decreased drastically according to public opinion". The article also said it has restaurants in the US, but I have never run across them.
Several in lower Michigan, often co-located with Wendy's restaurants, or so it was last time I drove across Michigan (2012). Which, believe it or not, was actually on a road trip from Chicago to London, ON, to visit a Tim Horton's and see what the hype was about.
---
Morrand
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

There were three American fast food chains I wanted to visit, all of which required either the east or the south. I eventually got them;

1 - White Castle - Louisville Kentucky - No idea why it has a cult following. Terrible.
2 - Chick-fil-A - Riverside California - Fully earned the hype.
3 - Waffle House - Biloxi Mississippi - My favorite of the three. Love their hash browns.

JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:52 am There were three American fast food chains I wanted to visit, all of which required either the east or the south. I eventually got them;

1 - White Castle - Louisville Kentucky - No idea why it has a cult following. Terrible.
2 - Chick-fil-A - Riverside California - Fully earned the hype.
3 - Waffle House - Biloxi Mississippi - My favorite of the three. Love their hash browns.
I think White Castle has a cult following because of its awfulness, not in spite of it. One summer day when the office was located in lower Manhattan, the trading desk decided to order in White Castle. The nearest store was in Brooklyn, so they dispatched one of the interns with a fistful of cash to head over to Brooklyn and stock up. He returned with five immense boxes of sliders (the convenient 100-pack "Crave Crate") and a ton of fries. The whole office reeked of stale grease for about a week, so management directed that no one was ever to bring White Castle onto the premises again.

I don't patronize Chick-fil-A because of the owners' militant anti-LGBTQ stance and donations to anti-gay hate groups, given the large number of gays across the family tree, so I have no idea whether the food is good. The management certainly is repugnant.

One of the tragedies of living in NYC is that the nearest Waffle House is in Allentown, PA. I look for them whenever I go to the South.

Whataburger is a great Texas chain that is revered by many down that way. I've only dined there a couple of times but have definitely enjoyed it.

But the all-time great regional cult fast food chain in the US has to be In-n-Out Burger, concentrated on the West Coast plus Dallas. I grew up on it, and know the locations of the stores nearest all major West Coast airports, so I can immediately get my fix as soon as possible after getting off the plane. Great service (they pay substantially above minimum wage so they get decent help), fresh burgers, and the fries are made with potatoes peeled seconds before they're dropped in the fryer basket.

Sorry for the threadjack but felt duty-bound as a son of Southern California to put in the plug for In-n-Out.
DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Post by DNetolitzky »

Well, in keeping with this developing theme, in Alberta I'd suggest the appropriate 'court of the land' should not be Tim Hortons, Denny, but instead Burger Baron.

Never heard of it? There's a good reason for that. Burger Baron was the original fast food / burger / fries / shakes / fried chicken outfit in Alberta. At one point in the 1950s there were probably 50 or more outlets in pretty much all major and minor cities in Alberta. It was originally a franchise run largely by a Lebanese family, but when the major international burger / fast food chains started to enter Alberta, Burger Baron ran into hard times, and the parent franchise business went bankrupt.

But Burger Baron refused to die. The individual restaurants went independent, and though they largely still use the old trade logos and such, their menus began to diverge in weird ways. There have been legal disputes on who owns the parent IP, and when an attempt was made to re-establish a franchise in the 1980s, the meeting devolved into a brawl and the police had to be called.

And you might think Burger Baron would be a dwindling chain, but weirdly, it's not. Quite often when a fast food vendor goes kaput, a Burger Baron pops up from the rotting remains. I've eaten at Burger Barons which were obviously a former KFC, a former A&W, Burger King, Arbys ... they're all over the place. The Baron arises from abandoned land, asserting his allodial title. Here there will be burgers.

If you ask people about the food, there are exactly opposite opinions. It's great or it's horrible. Having eaten at the place occasionally, I'd say it's both. It's great and it's horrible. Because each Burger Baron has diverged off a common stock, you never know what you might find on the menu.

So - my nomination for the Common Law Court of Alberta - your local Burger Baron. Swear your oath on the King James Bible and clutching a teriyaki burger, before the Baron's Noble Coat of Arms:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6kKuhGUwAA ... name=small

Donald
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

DNetolitzky wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:24 pm The Baron arises from abandoned land, asserting his allodial title. Here there will be burgers.
Wow, a method of sovruness that appears to work. Fortunately, the other sovruns will never be able to replicate it.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

DNetolitzky wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:24 pm Well, in keeping with this developing theme, in Alberta I'd suggest the appropriate 'court of the land' should not be Tim Hortons, Denny, but instead Burger Baron. <snip>...

The Baron arises from abandoned land, asserting his allodial title. Here there will be burgers.
So - my nomination for the Common Law Court of Alberta - your local Burger Baron. Swear your oath on the King James Bible and clutching a teriyaki burger, before the Baron's Noble Coat of Arms:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6kKuhGUwAA ... name=small

Donald
OK, this made me laugh, and I support your suggestion for said establishment to hold the court.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I wish Pioneer Chicken could come back like that :(
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

grixit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 am I wish Pioneer Chicken could come back like that :(
The one down on Alvarado Street?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)