Kingston accountant Douglas Raymond - new OPCA convict

Moderator: Burnaby49

friendofafriend
Swabby
Swabby

Kingston accountant Douglas Raymond - new OPCA convict

Post by friendofafriend »

Now we know that it's not just OPCA dentists who go down in flames, they take their enabling accountants down with them too!

This is an extension of the conviction of Ottawa OPCA dentist Kin Fong:
http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 5&p=273011

Fong also nuked his Kingston accountant/accomplice Douglas Raymond in friendly fire with Raymond now sentenced on 23 September 2019 to an 18-month conditional jail sentence for which the first six months are served under house arrest, 240 hours of community service, a $34,432 fine, and a three year term of probation.

Beware the OPCA human shrapnel!

From the CRA website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... cheme.html
Douglas Hubert Raymond
Kingston accountant sentenced for assisting client in tax protester scheme
November 27, 2019

Canada Revenue Agency

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) announced that, on September 23, 2019, Douglas Hubert Raymond (Raymond) of Kingston, Ontario, was sentenced in the Ontario Court of Justice in Ottawa to an eighteen month conditional jail sentence for which the first six months are served under house arrest, 240 hours of community service, a $34,432 fine and a three year term of probation. Raymond, an accountant, pleaded guilty on the same day to one count of assisting his client in obtaining Goods and Services Tax Credit (GSTC) and Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) payments to which his client was not entitled.

A CRA investigation found that Raymond prepared the tax returns of Kin Tung Fong (Fong) of Ottawa, Ontario for the years 2008 to 2012. In those tax returns, Raymond assisted Fong with reporting income from his dentistry practice totalling $2,045,572, but then wrongfully deducting the entire amount as a business expense, under "Private Contracts". Based on Fong's falsely declared family net income, Fong and his spouse received a total of $34,432 in GSTC and CCTB payments to which they were not entitled.

This tax evasion scheme was promoted by a tax protester organization known as the Paradigm Education Group followed by both Raymond and Fong.

On January 17, 2019, Fong was sentenced in the Ontario Court of Justice in Ottawa to a conditional jail sentence of two years less a day, including 12 months of house arrest, and a curfew for the remainder of the sentence. Fong pleaded guilty on the same day to one count each of tax fraud and laundering proceeds of crime under the Criminal Code.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Kingston accountant Douglas Raymond - new OPCA convict

Post by notorial dissent »

I can understand a dentist/chiropractor/doctor/air line pilot doing that, but an accountant? You'd think they would know better, but then you'd think the same of ex-IRS/CRA agents so go figure. Actually, I 'm surprised there hasn't been more accountant shrapnel over the years.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dentists seemed to have been particularly susceptible to the allures of the Paradigm scheme. Apart from Balogh (just finally convicted) I've written up on a number of Paradigm dentists here;

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10250
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Will the accountant be able to keep his certification?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'd assume not. Aiding a client in GST and Child Credit fraud is, as far as I'm aware, sufficient to have him expelled from his accounting organization.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 am I'd assume not. Aiding a client in GST and Child Credit fraud is, as far as I'm aware, sufficient to have him expelled from his accounting organization.
I 'd day committing fraud or aiding and abetting fraud or is it both, would be/should be more than enough to get his ticket pulled.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.