Academic publication - CERI and "minister" Belanger

Moderator: Burnaby49

DNetolitzky
Chief Landscaper of the Quatloosian Meads

Academic publication - CERI and "minister" Belanger

Post by DNetolitzky »

Hi folks,

Yep, another article. This one was a long time coming - I had about half of it written years ago for a different purpose. This publication is intended to be a comprehensive review of the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International and its guru "minister" / "paraclete" Edward Jay Robin Belanger:

Jesus Built My Strawman: The Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International and "minister" Edward Jay Robin Belanger (https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... n_Belanger)

Regular Quatloos readers will probably not learn too much new about Belanger's activities because much of what is described in Jesus Built My Strawman is already here on the forums. However, the larger survey does reveal some interesting patterns.

I think this is probably the most comprehensive review of the nature and litigation of any pseudolaw population, though drawing any broader conclusions is likely a mistake, since CERI/Belanger seem to be a quite specialized kind of pseudolaw group. Or just simply not very successful. That is also true.

Yes, Ministry and Grampa Al gets a thank you for inspiring the title. Better times...

Donald Netolitzky
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Academic publication - CERI and "minister" Belanger

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm awaiting King Charles' coronation with great interest. Not from the pomp and circumstances aspect but its effect on Belanger's pseudolaw theories. His scam is largely based on his accusation that Queen Elizabeth violated her coronation oath by not literally following the admonitions of the 1611 edition of the King James Bible. As a result none of Canada's federal and provincial laws legislated during her reign are valid because they all required royal consent which she could not give because of her betrayal of King James. Since she swore her coronation oath on June 2nd, 1953 that's a lot of invalidated legislation. But if Charles makes the oath on something other than the King James Bible Belanger's pseudolaw analysis is no longer applicable, even in his private dream world. One silver lining for Belanger is that (I assume) any legislation enacted during traitor Elizabeth's sham reign would still be invalid.

Since, as Donald's article points out, Belanger's followers have had decades of total failure in court by following his coronation oath theory this has no legal relevance but it might cut down the nuisance factor. Then again Belanger is an old man set in his ways and may just ignore any consequences from the pending coronation and stay with the same old song and dance.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:27 pm But if Charles makes the oath on something other than the King James Bible Belanger's pseudolaw analysis is no longer applicable, even in his private dream world.
I think he might be making the oath on a quiche.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ature-dish
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Belanger wrote, in a January 30, 2023 letter to the Attorney General of Canada (posted on his All Creator's gifts blog), that Charles had already made a "coronation promise" sworn on the 1611 King James. Apparently that promise, whatever it is, possessed the same sovereign magic powers as the coronation oath to be made next month.

You can read it here;

http://allcreatorsgifts.blogspot.com/
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Albert Haddock wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:46 pm
Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:27 pm But if Charles makes the oath on something other than the King James Bible Belanger's pseudolaw analysis is no longer applicable, even in his private dream world.

His mother settled for chicken and mayo sandwiches. The early 1950's were a more austere time for Britain.

https://www.thepetitecook.com/coronation-chicken/

Actually that Coronation Quiche recipe looks pretty good. I'll give it a shot. It requires something called 'double cream' and I have some leftover whipped cream to use up.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Having read the paper I can pretty much give an assured guarantee that nobody else will ever do a more in-depth look at Belanger and CERI. Given his totally marginal significance in the sovereign world (I should know, I've written about him far more extensively on Quatloos than he warrants) he's fortunate to be the target of Donald's spare time.

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:27 pm I'm awaiting King Charles' coronation with great interest. Not from the pomp and circumstances aspect but its effect on Belanger's pseudolaw theories. His scam is largely based on his accusation that Queen Elizabeth violated her coronation oath by not literally following the admonitions of the 1611 edition of the King James Bible.
Indeed. I'm wondering what our own common law coronation oath eejit, Edward William Ellis, is going to do on the 6th May. He's going to have to rewrite whole screeds of his nonsense court filings, or... will we have proof of Coronation Oath Fraud? :lol:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Donald has some interesting citations. One, which he identified only as Credit River (an American case), caught my attention so I looked it up along with commentary. An article on it made it sound like frontier justice in Tombstone, Arizona in 1880;

The trial was held on the bitterly cold morning of December 7, 1968 in a general store/saloon. In addition to Justice Mahoney the court included William Drexler, an attorney, who represented that he was present as an Associate Justice whose role was to assist Justice Mahoney. In Drexler’s own written account, he attended the trial because he was asked to participate via a phone call he received a week earlier from Oscar Knutson, Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Knutson, Drexler said, wanted his assistance because Justice Mahoney had never presided over a jury trial. Drexler agreed, drove to the general store where the trial was to be held in a storage room, and helped to light a wood stove. His duties that morning, he said, consisted of helping Justice Mahoney select the jury and restraining Daly and Mellby from a fist fight.
http://www.minnesotalegalhistoryproject ... (2020).pdf

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Even die-hard sovs have given up on the so-called "Credit River" common-law jury trial and kegger (as I called it 15 years ago). We discussed it many times back when, but all except one went the way of the dodo back in 2007, when the board blew up and we didn't have webhick.

BTW, that remaining thread features one Heidi Guedel (posting there as "Pantekhnikon"), a "debt elimination" scammer who would likely have provided us with much more amusement had she not had the bad grace to shuffle off this mortal coil not long after that thread. Long-timers will recall her, I'm sure.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
DNetolitzky

Post by DNetolitzky »

In my defence for engaging in such an exhaustive review of Belanger and his antics, there isn't actually a reported Canadian court decision where he is a party, personally, and then fails. So, curiously enough, he is one of the less documented individuals.

Now not so much. So if a judge needs a one-stop-shop to respond to Belanger, there it is.

I've been musing as to whether any other leading Canadian pseudolaw personalities deserves a more biographical treatment. I have some interesting materials the illustrate Robert Arthur Menard's initial entry into pseudolaw as a child protection services resister, before the Freeman movement blossomed and then faded.

And there's always David Kevin Lindsay. I was speaking to the Tax Court of Canada justices a few months ago and they report Lindsay is once more active in tax-related matters. Not directly, but as an éminence grise, seen in the back of courtrooms and in hallways, but not heard. At least so far. And of course Lindsay has proven a pretty effective COVID-19 pandemic mitigation resistance leader.

At least I can pass the primary investigator role on Queen Didulo to someone else.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

DNetolitzky wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:48 pm
Yes, Ministry and Grampa Al gets a thank you for inspiring the title. Better times...

Donald Netolitzky
Just sighing thinking about how many people wouldn't get that reference. Did you make a Redline remix article also?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
DNetolitzky

Post by DNetolitzky »

Not yet, but that is my preferred version.

It's weird when you realize you listen to "old people music".
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:57 pm
Albert Haddock wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:46 pm

His mother settled for chicken and mayo sandwiches. The early 1950's were a more austere time for Britain.

https://www.thepetitecook.com/coronation-chicken/

Actually that Coronation Quiche recipe looks pretty good. I'll give it a shot. It requires something called 'double cream' and I have some leftover whipped cream to use up.
I've changed my mind. Reviews are all negative on Charles's quiche. Apparently a bland soggy mess and nobody has any idea why he has beans in it. Apparently they are not a culinary enhancement to the classic quiche.

On another topic, Donald wrote;
As far as I'm aware I'm about as old as you're going to get on Quatloos (74 in a few weeks) and I have no idea what Donald and James are on about regarding Donald's title for his paper. Who is Grampa Al?

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Ministry was a Southern speed metal band starting in the mid 80s. They had a song called Jesus built my Hot Rod. After it was released as a studio version they did what they called a Redline remix and then later the Redline Whiteline version. The remixes added something like 2 minutes to the song, adding in special effects and the full monologue at the beginning. Ministry was never "popular" but the people that know them, know them. The full video is an interesting watch.

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

DNetolitzky wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:40 am Not yet, but that is my preferred version.

You mean like when I hear something from Metallica's first 4 albums and then remember I'm listening to a classic rock station? I'm not that old dammit.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Mid 1980's music references identify the elderly? I was in my mid 30's by then and already starting to feel middle age creeping up. I'd skew that definition a few decades earlier.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JamesVincent wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28 pm
DNetolitzky wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:40 am Not yet, but that is my preferred version.

You mean like when I hear something from Metallica's first 4 albums and then remember I'm listening to a classic rock station? I'm not that old dammit.
I realized that I was old when the classic rock stations all played songs almost entirely from ther 80s or later, with little or nothing before 1973. The last oldies station in Boston which had any kind of broad reach had gone the same route. You'd think that us old boomers, many of whom have money to spend on out toys, would be a perfect audience for advertisers; but someone in the industry said that we are "not implusive enough" for the advertisers, and have better BS detectors which help us see through the hype.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:26 pm
I realized that I was old when the classic rock stations all played songs almost entirely from ther 80s or later, with little or nothing before 1973. The last oldies station in Boston which had any kind of broad reach had gone the same route. You'd think that us old boomers, many of whom have money to spend on out toys, would be a perfect audience for advertisers; but someone in the industry said that we are "not implusive enough" for the advertisers, and have better BS detectors which help us see through the hype.
I listen primarily to a classic rock station now since the station I used to listen to, DC101, went to an alternative rock format. And it didn't mean the good alternative rock. But apparently bands like Metallica, Motley Crue, Godsmack and so on are "classics" now. About the oldest songs they play are some Pink Floyd songs. It's ironic flipping between that station and 98Rock in Baltimore and hearing the same artist from different albums.