Robert Menard

Moderator: Burnaby49

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert Menard

Post by LordEd »

Jeffrey wrote:I'll be honest, I'm confused on that point as well.
I would like to tackle the problem from the definition with the key word "employ"

I see alberta has the following wording
5(1) No person shall employ or engage the services of a person as a peace officer unless that person is an authorized employer.
But how about this for a more general solution:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/ ... ties.shtml
According to the Employment Insurance Regulations which came into force on April 30, 2013, employees are required by law to provide their SIN;
Key employer responsibilities include:

Requesting employees’ SIN within three days of them starting work and recording their number:
Employees should be correctly identified by requesting other pieces of identification, before finalizing their employment documents.
Perhaps Mowe can dig through this line of thinking more cohesively. I like it because it goes down a road that Menard can't "travel" without some serious back-pedaling. That's the risk of argument by verbosity. If somebody follows the story, it leads to the self-contradiction.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Oh, and Mr. Menard, this is just thinking out loud at this point. Don't take it as a definitive answer to your query.

But I am looking at the definition of "employed" if you would like to prepare your response.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Just more nonsense from Menard. There's no point responding to his arguments, even when we try to factually challenge his points and explain to him why he's wrong he just avoids it and claims we're making ad hominems.

Oh, by the way he's challenged us and JREF to submit a copy of his video to the cops to see if we can get him charged with impersonating a Peace Officer; who wants to get on that?

And I love that he's sticking to his Peace Officer nonsense even after getting all the Nanaimo gang arrested and convicted.

Edit: I think the fact that all 3 Nanaimo gangs were convicted is a pretty strong indication that the courts interpret "any person employed" as limited to someone working for law enforcement but it'd be good to see somewhere where that's stated explicitly.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Jeffrey wrote:Just more nonsense from Menard. There's no point responding to his arguments, even when we try to factually challenge his points and explain to him why he's wrong he just avoids it and claims we're making ad hominems.
I just like the argument and finding the point where it falls apart. Menard is keying on "any person employed", so I am interested in what "employed" means. Employed implies payment to me. It doesn't say volunteering.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:. . .Menard. . .[has] challenged us and JREF to submit a copy of his video to the cops to see if we can get him charged with impersonating a Peace Officer; who wants to get on that?
There is nothing to report. Menard has never impersonated a peace officer. He doesn't have the guts. He says he's told cops, judges and sheriffs that he's a C3PO. But that's just another Bobby blow hard story.

In the police stop video we see Bobby casually mention over the phone (which may not have been on) to dispatch that he's a peace officer. But the brave Bobby just didn't have the guts to flash his badge and tell any of the cops on the scene he was a C3PO. That's because he knew doing so would get him in trouble.

All Bobby needs to do is, using his little video camera, get pulled over in a freeman car and clearly present himself as a C3PO. He said he was going to do so over a year ago. . .but he never did.

He had the chance to do so at the Toronto traffic stop, but he chickened out!

The ball's in your court, Menard. Man up and show yo' dead daddy what a man you've become!
Last edited by arayder on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

arayder wrote: and, cutting into his Moose Head funds, use his daddy's money to enhance the C3PO.
He should start by giving his peace officers a pay rise. They get paid $1...for life. Slave labour I say, slave labour.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
arayder wrote: and, cutting into his Moose Head funds, use his daddy's money to enhance the C3PO.
He should start by giving his peace officers a pay rise. They get paid $1...for life. Slave labour I say, slave labour.
Haven't they got minimum wage legislation? That's a lot of back pay they're owed.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Dear Mowe, can you please explain once again how the words 'any person hired to preserve and maintain the public peace' does not actually mean 'any person hired to preserve and maintain the public peace', but actually means 'any person hired by a corporation acting as a government entity and empowered under other legislation to preserve and maintain the public peace'?
I would say that if Menard is relying on 'any person hired to preserve and maintain the public peace' he is declaring himself as being a person.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

I haven't seen an exact interpretation of "employed" under s.2 but I did find this gem from the Supreme Court: Nolan, [1987] 1 SCR 1212: <http://canlii.ca/t/1ftmv>

The court says, at paras. 19-20:
On the level of principle, it is important to remember that the definition of "peace officer" in s. 2 of the Criminal Code is not designed to create a police force. It simply provides that certain persons who derive their authority from other sources will be treated as "peace officers" as well, enabling them to enforce the Criminal Code within the scope of their pre‑existing authority, and to benefit from certain protections granted only to "peace officers". Any broader reading of s. 2 could lead to considerable constitutional difficulties. Section 92(14) of the Constitution Act, 1867 provides that the administration of justice falls within provincial legislative competence. See Di Iorio v. Warden of the Montreal Jail, 1976 CanLII 1 (SCC), [1978] 1 S.C.R. 152, and Attorney General of Quebec and Keable v. Attorney General of Canada, 1978 CanLII 23 (SCC), [1979] 1 S.C.R. 218. Although the ability of the federal Parliament to create a national police force has never been challenged and any such exercise of authority is presumptively valid, to treat s. 2 of the Criminal Code as a broad grant of authority to thousands of persons to act as "peace officers" in any circumstances could well prompt a constitutional challenge. In the context of division of powers, legislation should be interpreted, when possible, so that it is not ultra vires. The assessment of legislation under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is, of course, subject to different considerations. See Manitoba (Attorney General) v. Metropolitan Stores Ltd., 1987 CanLII 79 (SCC), [1987] 1 S.C.R. 110.

I would therefore conclude that the definition of "peace officer" in s. 2 of the Criminal Code serves only to grant additional powers to enforce the criminal law to persons who must otherwise operate within the limits of their statutory or common law sources of authority.
This is consistent with the other case I posted in the Nanaimo thread, which stated that the definition in s. 2 of the Criminal Code does not itself confer the authority to enforce the criminal law.

The authority to create a police force and enforce the criminal law has to come from somewhere. The Canadian constitution (BNA Act) gives provincial governments the authority to administer justice, which includes the ability to create police forces. There is nothing in the constitution that would give that power to private citizens (which is also why convening your own court never works). If freemen want to claim that some other authority gives them this power, then not only must prove that authority exists in reality but it must also be recognized in Canadian law.

But what if I employ a private security guard? Private security guards are not peace officers because their primary duty is not to preserve the public peace generally, but to secure a specific private person or premises.
Can I employ someone to preserve the public peace generally? There is no constitutional authority to do that unless you are the government.

I also found Orban, [1972] 5 W.W.R. 222,. It's not on CanLII, so I will post the entire decision with the relevant parts bolded. Essentially, the case holds that a private security guard is not a peace officer.
1 This is an appeal by way of stated case. The appellants were convicted on 14th June 1971 at the City of Regina, in the Province of Saskatchewan, by Bence J.M.C. for that they, on 2nd February 1971, at the said City of Regina, did unlawfully commit a common assault on Mary Duke contrary to s. 231(1) of the Criminal Code, 1953-54 (Can.), c. 51 [now s. 245(1)]. Bence J.M.C. fined each of the appellants the sum of $50 without costs and in default of payment to serve 30 days in Regina Correctional Centre respectively.
2 The facts as stated in the case by Bence J.M.C. were as follows:
I found that on the 2nd day of February A.D. 1971, the said accused were in Eaton's Store, Rose Street & 7th Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan. The accused Renatta Douglas was seen by the Informant, Mary Duke, a Security Officer employed by Eaton's to pick up five or six records in the music department and place them under a long coat which she was wearing. Renatta Douglas then left the store followed by Mary Duke. On the parking lot outside the store Renatta Douglas was stopped by Mary Duke who placed a hand on the accused's left hand and identified herself. Mary Duke then told the accused that she had merchandise she had not paid for. The accused told Mary Duke to take her hands off her. They struggled, both went to the ground and Mary Duke was kicked by Renatta Douglas. The accused David Orban then arrived on this scene and told Mary Duke to get her hands off Renatta Douglas and grabbed Mary Duke's left hand twisting it behind her back and shoved her against a car. David Orban and Renatta Douglas then left the scene in a car. Mary Duke got the license number and in Court identified both accused. No charge of theft was laid and no records were found. No records were dropped at the scene.
I ruled that Mary Duke was not a peace officer under Section 2(30) of the Criminal Code and Section 435 thereof, but held that she was entitled to arrest Renatta Douglas as she had found her committing an indictable offence, namely, theft, contrary to Section 280 of the Criminal Code and by virtue of the authority contained in Section 434 of the said Code. I held that the use of force by Renatta Douglas to avoid her arrest and the aid given to her by the accused David Orban constituted an assault on the part of both of them and convicted them accordingly. I rejected the argument of Counsel for the accused that the onus was on the Crown to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that Renatta Douglas had in fact committed theft before I could find that Mary Duke was justified in arresting Renatta Douglas without a warrant, although I stated I was satisfied that a theft had occurred ...
Now, therefore, in compliance with such application and having stated a case, as aforesaid, the questions submitted for the judgment of this Honourable Court are:
(1) Was I right in holding that the Informant, Mary Duke, was entitled to arrest or attempt to arrest the accused Renatta Douglas without a warrant?
(2) Was I right in refusing to hold that there was an onus on the Crown to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Renatta Douglas had committed theft?
3 The informant, Mary Duke, was employed by a private company, Eaton's, as a security officer in their Regina store to, inter alia, protect merchandise from being stolen by thieves. In the definition section of the Code, s. 2, certain officials, police officers, persons "employed for the preservation and maintenance of the public peace" and other specified persons are declared to be peace officers. A security officer employed by a private person or firm is outside the ambit of the statutory definition in said s. 2. However, the statutory definition is not exhaustive for the opening words are "'peace officer' includes".
4 Turning away from the statutory definition, Haultain C.J.S. in Rex v. Magee, 17 Sask. L.R. 501, [1923] 3 W.W.R. 55 at 57, 40 C.C.C. 10 (C.A.), said:
'Public peace' may be taken as equivalent to 'the King's Peace,' in its broader and later signification. The King's Peace is 'the legal name of the normal state of society.' (Stephens' History of the Criminal Law, vol. 1, p. 185.) 'The Peace' is defined in Murray's New English Dictionary as being 'the King's Peace in its widest sense, the general peace and order of the realm as provided for by law.'
'Peace,' particularly connotes 'a quiet and harmless behaviour towards the King and his people.' Stroud's Judicial Dictionary.
'The King's Peace at first only extended to crimes which were the original pleas of the Crown but the King's Peace by an easy process extended itself until it had become an all embracing atmosphere. [2 Pollock & Maitland, 462].
Applied to the internal regulations of a nation, peace imports, in a technical sense, not merely a state of repose or security as opposed to one of violence or warfare but likewise a state of public order and decorum. [Bouvier, Law Dictionary.]
5 Apart from statute, broadly speaking, a peace officer is a person whose primary duty is to preserve the King's Peace. The informant's primary duty, on the other hand, was to serve her employer in and about her employer's premises as a security officer, and as such she was not, as Bence J.M.C. correctly found, a peace officer. Her powers to arrest were therefore limited to those powers of arrest which the law gives to every citizen: see Rex v. Lipman, 63 C.C.C. 148, [1935] 3 D.L.R. 122 (Ont.).

6 The common law with respect to the right of one citizen to arrest another citizen and the right of a citizen to resist an unlawful arrest is summarized in the leading case of Christie et al. v. Leachinsky, [1947] A.C. 573, [1947] 1 All E.R. 567. Lord Simonds said at p. 591 [A.C.]:
Putting first things first, I would say that it is the right of every citizen to be free from arrest unless there is in some other citizen, whether a constable or not, the right to arrest him. And I would say next that it is the corollary of the right of every citizen to be thus free from arrest that he should be entitled to resist arrest unless that arrest is lawful. How can these rights be reconciled with the proposition that he may be arrested without knowing why he is arrested? It is to be remembered that the right of the constable in or out of uniform is, except for a circumstance irrelevant to the present discussion, the same as that of every other citizen. Is citizen A. bound to submit unresistingly to arrest by citizen B. in ignorance of the charge made against him? I think, my Lords, that cannot be the law of England. Blind unquestioning obedience is the law of tyrants and of slaves: it does not yet flourish on English soil.
7 And at p. 595:
This case will have served a useful purpose if it enables your Lordships once more to proclaim that a man is not to be deprived of his liberty except in due course and process of law.
8 And see Lord du Parcq at pp. 596-604.
9 At the material date, 14th June 1971, the present Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1970, c. C-34, had not been proclaimed, and the former Code was still in effect. The following sections thereof are relevant:
434. Any one may arrest without warrant a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence.
280. Except where otherwise prescribed by law, every one who commits theft is guilty of an indictable offence and ...
(1) Every one who is required or authorized by law to do anything in the administration or enforcement of the law
(a) as a private person ...
is, if he acts on reasonable and probable grounds, justified in doing what he is required or authorized to do and in using as much force as is necessary for that purpose.
13 By virtue of said s. 434 the informant was authorized to arrest the appellant, Renatta Douglas, without a warrant if she found her committing the indictable offence of theft. The leading case in this province is Attorney General for Saskatchewan v. Pritchard (1961), 34 W.W.R. 458, 35 C.R. 150, 130 C.C.C. 61 (Sask. C.A.). The judgment of the Court dismissing the Crown's appeal was delivered by Culliton J.A. (as he then was). Briefly stated, the facts were as follows: Pritchard was told by Constable Reimer to get into the police car. He did so and was then told by Reimer that he was under arrest for causing a disturbance by fighting. While Reimer was away from the car dealing with another man, Pritchard ran away. Pritchard was acquitted of the charge of causing a disturbance by fighting. He was, however, charged with escaping from lawful custody. The Magistrate dismissed this charge on the ground that Reimer "did not find the accused committing an offence because he was acquitted on his trial".
14 The Crown appealed. Culliton J.A. said at p. 461:
The general rule seems to be that where a statute confers the power to arrest, without a warrant, a person found committing a criminal offence, but does not expressly give the right to arrest on reasonable and probable grounds that such person is committing a criminal offence, then the arrest can not be justified if the person in fact was not committing a criminal offence.
15 And at p. 462:
The subsequent trial and acquittal established once and for all that the respondent was not found committing a criminal offence. Under these circumstances the arrest was not a legal arrest and the learned magistrate was right in holding that therefore he could not be guilty of escaping legal arrest
. . . . .
While a peace officer has no right to arrest without a warrant a person he finds committing an offence unless an offence was in fact committed, nevertheless, even if the officer was in error in so arresting, if he acted on reasonable and probable grounds, he is given protection under Sec. 25 of the Code.
16 The Pritchard case has been followed in Reid v. De Groot et al., [1963] 2 C.C.C. 327, 40 D.L.R. (2d) 867 (N.S.), and Regina v. Klat, 66 W.W.R. 339, 5 C.R.N.S. 136, [1969] 2 C.C.C. 129 (B.C. C.A.).
17 In the Pritchard case, Pritchard had been tried and acquitted of the charge upon which he had been arrested. In this case the appellant Douglas, hereafter referred to as "Douglas", was neither charged with nor tried for the theft of the records.
18 If the evidence established with the necessary degree of proof that Douglas stole the records, then in the circumstances the informant by s. 434 was entitled, on seeing the theft committed, to arrest her, and it was her duty to submit to such arrest. If the evidence fell short of the necessary degree of proof then the Crown failed to prove the theft, with the result that on the evidence before Bence J.M.C. the informant could not be found to be authorized to make the arrest and in such case the said appellant was entitled to resist the illegal arrest. It was this question as to the necessary degree of proof which obviously perplexed the learned Judge and, as shown by the second question submitted, he refused to hold that there was an onus on the Crown to prove the theft beyond a reasonable doubt, although he stated that he was "satisfied that a theft had occurred". In my opinion the stated case clearly demonstrates that Bence J.M.C. was "satisfied" but not satisfied to the degree of being satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Douglas had stolen the records. What was the requisite degree of proof?
19 The degree of proof that a party's conduct was criminal when such is raised in pleadings in a civil action is to be determined according to the "balance of probabilities" and not to the higher degree of "beyond a reasonable doubt": Hanes v. Wawanesa Mutual Insur. Co., [1963] S.C.R. 154 at 164, [1963] 1 C.C.C. 321, 36 D.L.R. (2d) 718. In criminal trials it is the duty of the Crown to prove the accused's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt: Woolmington v. Director of Public Prosecutions, [1935] A.C. 462 at 481-2. If at the end of the trial and on the whole of the case Bence J.M.C. had a reasonable doubt as to whether Douglas had stolen the records, then the Crown had not made out a case and the appellants should have been acquitted. The proof that Douglas had stolen the records was essential to confer on the informant the right to arrest her; and the onus was on the Crown to prove the theft beyond a reasonable doubt. Bence J.M.C. refused to hold that proof to this degree was required. In this he erred. If he had been satisfied that the theft was proved beyond a reasonable doubt he would no doubt have so found. He did not.
20 For the reasons above given the answer to Question 1 is "No", the theft not having been proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The answer to Question 2 is "No".
21 Learned counsel for the appellants advised the Court that the appellants are no longer in Canada and asked that the convictions be quashed and that no order be made for costs. Learned counsel for the Crown stated that if the appeal should be allowed the convictions should be quashed.
22 With respect to the appellant Orban, s. 30 of the Code may well be relevant.
23 The appeal is therefore allowed and the said convictions made by Bence J.M.C. reversed. If the fines and costs imposed by Bence J.M.C. have been paid such will, of course, be repaid by the respondent to the appellants and such may be paid to the appellants' solicitors on behalf of the appellants.
24 Under R. 9 of the Rules for Cases Stated I direct that the style of cause be amended to read in the same manner as the style of cause is set forth on the first page of this judgment.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bobby, "employing" the sort of manipulation so characteristic of those with narcissistic personality disorders, hints to C3POs that they are justified in arming themselves in anticipation of the authorities failure to <Cartman tags on> respect their authority <Cartman tags off>.

But we all know that Bobby isn't going to pay one dime for their firearms or tasers. He won't support them if they arm themselves. We all know very well that the Fezzed One threw Alexander Ream under the bus at the first chance he got.

Once more Bobby isn't going to arm himself, or even present himself in any meaningful way as a "peace officer". He's several times had the opportunity to do so, and he chickened out every time!

He's all talk and no walk.
Last edited by arayder on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rumpelstilzchen

Menard gave us this appeal to an anonymous authority over on Icke's back in 2010
I have spoken with a number of lawyers about our right to hire our own peace officers. They have all agreed the definition of peace officer in the Criminal Code does allow you to hire me, and me to hire you, and that said authority would then be sufficient to arrest police officers who commit crimes contrary to the common law, or the criminal code.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showpost ... tcount=174

The lawyers agreed with Rob. :lol:
BHF wrote:
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Menard gave us this appeal to an anonymous authority over on Icke's back in 2010
I have spoken with a number of lawyers about our right to hire our own peace officers. They have all agreed the definition of peace officer in the Criminal Code does allow you to hire me, and me to hire you, and that said authority would then be sufficient to arrest police officers who commit crimes contrary to the common law, or the criminal code.

I notice that Bobby-boy has been Banned from the Icky (oops, Icke) forum.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Bill Lumbergh wrote: The authority to create a police force and enforce the criminal law has to come from somewhere. The Canadian constitution (BNA Act) gives provincial governments the authority to administer justice, which includes the ability to create police forces. There is nothing in the constitution that would give that power to private citizens (which is also why convening your own court never works). If freemen want to claim that some other authority gives them this power, then not only must prove that authority exists in reality but it must also be recognized in Canadian law.
Exactly.

Instead what Robby the Bobby does is to "employ" what is called a simple reading of the law, the statute, so as to fit his needs.

Menard's simple reading ignores the supremacy clause of the Canadian Constitution, thus denying that all Canadian law must comport with the Constitution. In effect Bobby says all law must comport with his megalomania.
Last edited by arayder on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Menard gave us this appeal to an anonymous authority over on Icke's back in 2010

The Irish lawyers?
rumpelstilzchen

arayder wrote:
The Irish lawyers?
That'll be the ones! :lol:
BHF wrote:
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The Toronto episode was a crushing failure for Bobby Menard.

By his own assertions the Fezzed One should have been able to have flashed his C3PO badge, declared himself a Peace Officer, and sent the Toronto cops on their way.

Instead Bobby The Brave was forced to make frantic, fruitless 911 calls and cower (as in coward) in his dupe's car before he was summarily issued tickets by everyday traffic cops.

After over a decade of Menardian freemanary the guru of the movement is reduced to having movements in his pants while beat cops do with him as they will.

Congratulations, freemen. Your guru is a colossal embarrassment! I suggest you ask Bobby to dip into his daddy's money and give you back your contributions.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

You forgot, he could have also asked the cop to run his name in his computer since, according to him, his name shows up as "freeman on the land" and that he can't be arrested.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Has anyone ever reported what the fool du jour actually got ticketed for, I assume it wasn't no license, registration, or insurance, since he wasn't jailed and was allowed to continue one.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dear Mowe, can you please explain once again how the words 'any person hired to preserve and maintain the public peace' does not actually mean 'any person hired to preserve and maintain the public peace', but actually means 'any person hired by a corporation acting as a government entity and empowered under other legislation to preserve and maintain the public peace'? That gave me such a chuckle! Do that one again! I loved how none of your forum sycophants even questioned your complete lack of logic. Make sure you explain it in depth, as we mere mortals are not gifted lawyers such as yourself.

Huh, i'm beginning to think of Burnaby and Mowe as the two old coots who hurl scorn at the Muppet Show. Except the material they criticize is somewhat less creative.

Anyway, i can answer the question. First the question is improperly formed. Only a public entity can hire someone to 'preserve and maintain the public peace'. Ordinary people and corporations, acting or otherwise, can only hire people to maintain private peace.

Fortunately, we have such public entities, the agencies of actual governments, not corporate poseurs, who are doing just that.

Glad to have alleviated your concern.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Hmm. Well, you folks covered that question rather effectively – great research Bill!

So I’ll restrict my response to Rob. Hi Rob! First, I like your new hat a lot – I think it suits you far better than the previous array of headgear. Has that nice ‘film noir’ edge.

But enough chit-chat. I’m actually quite willing to engage in dialogue but here’s a problem. The commentaries that you post on your Facebook page have no indicator of their point of reference. Perhaps you haven’t noticed but here at Quatloos most of us are pretty careful to link out via some reference mechanism so that persons interested in our observations and commentary can go read or watch things for themselves – so they can make up their own minds. I’ve noticed you don’t do that but instead…

Well, not to be unkind, but reading your comments are a bit like listening to the curmudgeony guy in the run-down house down the block with the rusted out collection of stuff on his front lawn (at least some of which is adapted to spin in the wind), screaming to all within earshot that:
Those gosh darned kids these days with their noisy jalopies, wearing their stupid pants all like that, smoking stuff and dancing to that noise they call noise! And their hair. I hate those gosh darned kids and they’re wrong about moustaches!
That’s all well and good – and I think we should all perhaps be a little more tolerant about those curmudgeony guys with their run-down houses, rusted out spinny stuff, and screaming. It’s just it’s a lot more meaningful when that curmudgeony old guy instead screams:
Those gosh darned kids, particularly the one named Pete and who lives at 301 Oak Lane, driving that noisy jalopy – the one with licence plate H1R0B6 – I hate those guys, their smoking, stupid pants, hair – and they’re wrong about moustaches!
Now an interested listener can go to 301 Oak Lane, see if there’s a jalopy with licence plate H1R0B6 parked out front, knock on the door, ask for Pete and inquire as to what he really thinks about moustaches. And see if those pants he’s wearing are stupid. Or if he's wearing pants.

So, next time you would perhaps like a response to your thoughts, why not link to a specific message on Quatloos that inspires your inner curmudgeon. It’s easy. Click on the title of the message. The URL now in your browser bar will be a link that takes the reader straight to the item of interest. Post that in your Facebook message. All done.

I mean – how can it hurt? Your faithful readers will obviously know a government shill when they see one, yes? In fact, their confidence in you will no doubt be redoubled after they check out what they would find here. Nothing to hide, right?

Merely a thought.

And again – I really like your new hat.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]