Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Steve, I just sent you a PM.
Was this directed at me? If so, I didn't receive any PM from you.
You're right. When I went to bed it was in my Outbox but, checking this morning, it's not there or in Sent Messages. No idea what happened to it. I'll try again.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

"Project Dean Clifford" has commenced, please support it !!!

https://www.gofundme.com/r44jpta4
My name is Steve Bates. Many of you may know me from my Youtube channel, "Wake Up! Productions", which has been in operation since 2009. In that time I have built a trustworthy reputation for refusing to beg for online donations in an era where almost everyone does , however; for this project I must make an exception, and appeal for your help.

As some of you may know, I have been an online adversary and critic of the recently convicted criminal Dean Clifford. This past week, through the use of frivolous copyright complaints, Dean Clifford had my Youtube channel deleted, which included the loss of its 12,500 subscribers.

Long story short, this fund raising effort has two objectives. The first is to raise money to purchase copies of Dean Clifford's court transcripts, which will hopefully include his trial transcripts, as well as those from his upcoming sentencing hearing. Depending on if they have already been transcribed or not, the cost can be anywhere from 40 cents per page, upto to $3 per page - and we are talking about hundreds of pages. As these transcripts are a matter of public record, with your help, I intend to upload every page to the internet for all who wish to view them.

The second objective will only be achieved if I hit the set funding goal of $1,000. Anyone who has followed Dean Clifford's case knows that he will be sentenced to prison on November the 5th, 2015. With your help, I wish to be present at his sentencing hearing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, to do on the ground video reporting from the courthouse. For this to happen, I need to raise the funds to cover the round-trip airfare only - all other expenses I will cover myself.

LEGAL DISCALAIMER: If the $1,000 target goal is not met, all funds that are raised will go directly to purchasing the court transcripts only, as that is the primary objective of this fund raiser. Also, if the target goal is met, but I am unable to attend Dean Clifford's sentencing hearing (for any reason), again, all funds that are raised will go directly to purchasing the court transcripts only.

Thank you in advance for your support,
Steve Bates
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:"Project Dean Clifford" has commenced, please support it !!!

https://www.gofundme.com/r44jpta4
My name is Steve Bates. Many of you may know me from my Youtube channel, "Wake Up! Productions", which has been in operation since 2009. In that time I have built a trustworthy reputation for refusing to beg for online donations in an era where almost everyone does , however; for this project I must make an exception, and appeal for your help.

As some of you may know, I have been an online adversary and critic of the recently convicted criminal Dean Clifford. This past week, through the use of frivolous copyright complaints, Dean Clifford had my Youtube channel deleted, which included the loss of its 12,500 subscribers.

Long story short, this fund raising effort has two objectives. The first is to raise money to purchase copies of Dean Clifford's court transcripts, which will hopefully include his trial transcripts, as well as those from his upcoming sentencing hearing. Depending on if they have already been transcribed or not, the cost can be anywhere from 40 cents per page, upto to $3 per page - and we are talking about hundreds of pages. As these transcripts are a matter of public record, with your help, I intend to upload every page to the internet for all who wish to view them.

The second objective will only be achieved if I hit the set funding goal of $1,000. Anyone who has followed Dean Clifford's case knows that he will be sentenced to prison on November the 5th, 2015. With your help, I wish to be present at his sentencing hearing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, to do on the ground video reporting from the courthouse. For this to happen, I need to raise the funds to cover the round-trip airfare only - all other expenses I will cover myself.

LEGAL DISCALAIMER: If the $1,000 target goal is not met, all funds that are raised will go directly to purchasing the court transcripts only, as that is the primary objective of this fund raiser. Also, if the target goal is met, but I am unable to attend Dean Clifford's sentencing hearing (for any reason), again, all funds that are raised will go directly to purchasing the court transcripts only.

Thank you in advance for your support,
Steve Bates
I've chipped in $50.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Do you accept Re? :sarcasmon:
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Do you accept Re?
Nope. Just Do(ugh).
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Reminds me of Woody Guthrie:
Dr. Caligari
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

For those of us without Facebook is there any further ramblings from convict clifford?

Thanks
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:For those of us without Facebook is there any further ramblings from convict clifford?

Thanks
Ninj
Nothing yet ... nothing since his tirade about Quatloos. In all honesty, I think it may have him spooked a little. :snicker: He hasn't even responded to "Project Dean Clifford".
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

There's actually minor benefit to Dean with your project. If you are successful and get it transcribed, it makes a future appeal less expensive for him.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:There's actually minor benefit to Dean with your project. If you are successful and get it transcribed, it makes a future appeal less expensive for him.
It's more than a minor benefit and I've already thought of it. The first request for a transcript costs $3.00 a page and there is not very much in a page. The $3.00 covers the cost of somebody listening to the tapes and typing it out. However any subsequent requests, by anyone, only cost $0.40 per page since the transcription has already been done. So I suggested to Steve that he waits until Dean appeals his conviction. Dean will have to provide a transcript to the court of appeal, they won't accept his case without it. Then, after coughs up for the first very expensive copy, Steve can step in and get the cheap one. Make Dean pay big bucks to save us money! With that as a goal I can wait.

LordEd

Post by LordEd »

At $3/page, he can get 45 pages worth of information so far.

Random search to find out more about the process found this random tidbit.
http://www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/other/tr ... manual.pdf

10. SPEAKERS
CAPITALS: Names are typed in ALL CAPS
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:
LordEd wrote:There's actually minor benefit to Dean with your project. If you are successful and get it transcribed, it makes a future appeal less expensive for him.
It's more than a minor benefit and I've already thought of it. The first request for a transcript costs $3.00 a page and there is not very much in a page. The $3.00 covers the cost of somebody listening to the tapes and typing it out. However any subsequent requests, by anyone, only cost $0.40 per page since the transcription has already been done. So I suggested to Steve that he waits until Dean appeals his conviction. Dean will have to provide a transcript to the court of appeal, they won't accept his case without it. Then, after Dean coughs up for the first very expensive copy, Steve can step in and get the cheap one. Make Dean pay big bucks to save us money! With that as a goal I can wait.
The question is, do you think he will appeal, if so, when? Right after they take him into custody on the 5th?

The second question I have is more a readers poll. What are people more interested in seeing - the Trial transcripts from June, or the Sentencing hearing (which may include the presentencing report)?
Wake Up! Productions

BTW - If it comes down to just the transcripts, and not the flight to the hearing, I will be throwing in $50 myself, but I will do it directly when making the script purchase. There is absolutely no sense in in putting through Go Fund Me, only for them to take a 3% cut !!!
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

I don't think we would see the sentencing. I don't think you can record the actual court proceedings. You'd be doing the Burnaby report.

Although you'd be present for a full in person gloat, assuming Dean shows up
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Reminds me of Woody Guthrie:
damn, that's what i like about Quatloos - a reference to a relatively obscure Woody Guthrie song with FMOTL overtones, although I prefer Ry Cooder's version.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The second question I have is more a readers poll. What are people more interested in seeing - the Trial transcripts from June, or the Sentencing hearing (which may include the presentencing report)?
Trial first, sentencing second. From what I recall the trial was fairly short.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Trial first, sentencing second.
Not according to the Red Queen.
Dr. Caligari
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:I don't think we would see the sentencing. I don't think you can record the actual court proceedings. You'd be doing the Burnaby report.

Although you'd be present for a full in person gloat, assuming Dean shows up
I think Steve means which do we prefer he gets first, the transcripts of Dean's trial or the transcripts of the sentencing hearing?

If he attended the sentencing hearing he couldn't record it but he could madly scribble away like I do. Although I think that there might not be a lot to scribble since I agree that there is an excellent chance that Dean will just not show up. He might be stupid enough, like his foolishness with the presentencing report, to think that if he doesn't show he can't be sentenced. Dean, all kinds of convicts just like yourself are sentenced in absentia.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Not according to the Red Queen.
Come on guys, Dean is reading the thread now so we gotta be careful with our language.

Dean, the Red Queen is a reference to a fictional character from Lewis Carroll's Novel "Through The Looking Glass". However what Caligari meant was the Queen of Hearts referencing this scene from the 1951 Alice in Wonderland Disney movie:

https://youtu.be/WqhhAe1UE58?t=31s

There is no actual Red Queen or Queen of Hearts though so do not try taking them to Federal Court or assume that your legal predicament is being caused by a Disney character.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

unfortunately i do not think they would sentence dean in absentia due to the seriousness of the offenses and the fact he has been a douche all the way through the court process. im guessing the judge has quite the speech prepared and would not want the guest of honor to be absent for it. a warrant would be issued, dean would be found, bail would be forfeited, additional charges placed, bail denied, more remand until the current fail to appear dealt with, zero 1=1.5 time, and a wait until it was convenient for all concerned, judge,crown, and anyone else who is to speak at sentencing could be assembled again. not to mention just how happy the court would be with this performance.....

run dean, i want to watch you crash and burn.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....