Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by grixit »

Jeffrey wrote:It would be good to see what the correspondence between Dean and the Judge was before this decision.

Will he try some unilateral freeman shit to get out of the bail conditions? Will he skip the next court date? Will he track down the cops he threatened to beat up and fulfill that promise? A siege and shoot out when he fails to show up to court?
Be here next week-- same freeman time, same freeman channel!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Part of the Hamilton seminar is on youtube, though it mostly features a cameo by Keith/Kate Thompson of Gaia telling you to drink your urine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkgdF2VkfXs
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Guess who is back on social media?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And declaring a win???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean might well have been granted bail because he's already served the majority of his potential minimum sentence assuming he's found guilty. As pre-trial detention gets longer and longer there is an increased presumption that the accused should be out on bail because otherwise the accused runs the risk of being found innocent after having spent a lot of time in detention for, in the end, no reason. Or the accused is found guilty and receives a shorter sentence than the pre-trial detention, leading to immediate release.

This comes up frequently in OPCA cases because these guys act out in a manner which keeps them in remand, often to the point that they are released without trial because they have already served a reasonable sentence. That's almost certainly why Dean was released in Feb. 2013, and it is why Brian Alexander keeps getting his charges stayed.

So here we have offences that generally relate to two things - drugs and firearms. If I recall the scale of Dean's growop correctly it was under 200 plants, not really a big deal on Canada. The minimum sentence Dean could get for that is six months. His prohibited firearm with ammo charge is the big one because there the sentence range is from 3 to 10 years. So, if the Crown is successful it gets, at worst, a 3.5 year sentence.

Dean has spent 16 months in remand. If he were convicted and he got the 1.5:1 default remand credit that's two years. I'd guess that a key part of the bail application was an argument that Dean needs to be released because his potential remaining unserved sentence, 1.5 years, is not excessively long.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

My observations are he's somewhat honest about the bail situation. Says he got convicted of something but doesn't clarify what he got convicted of. Seems to me like the assault thing from July is still pending. He implies he's going to try to wiggle out of the trial through freeman stuff. Some unverifiable claims about his financial situation.

Basically gotten crazier while in jail.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean may have a very narrow window of freedom left:
59 20-Mar-2015 Winnipeg-QB WITNESS LIST (B-FILE) PROV CROWN'S OFFICE 1 SUBPEONA -OUT OF TOWN

60 20-Mar-2015 Winnipeg-QB WITNESS LIST (B-FILE) PROV CROWN'S OFFICE 8 SUBPEONA'S TD 15-23JUNE/2015
Just a guess but I think 8 SUBPEONA'S TD 15-23JUNE/2015 means: "eight subpoenas have been issued for local witnesses, trial dates June 15-23, 2015.

That's a Monday to a Tuesday (the following week), which is a pretty typical pattern for a jury trial. Dean is going to make such a good impression with the jurors...

Dean posted another video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JO_rwLE2U), which I have not watched in its entirety. Dean's online written messages to date (at least the ones I've seen) have not mentioned he has a nearly immediate trial date, which is also very interesting. Rather, to me they hint Dean is gearing up to resume his guru-ing activities. Then again, he may need some money, quick.

Another interesting little thing to watch for - Dean has a jury trial impending, and that means everyone is under a publication ban concerning what occurred and was said at the preliminary inquiry. It will be interesting to see how Dean responds to his fandom's present and high level of excitement.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote: . . .Dean posted another video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JO_rwLE2U), which I have not watched in its entirety. Dean's online written messages to date (at least the ones I've seen) have not mentioned he has a nearly immediate trial date, which is also very interesting. Rather, to me they hint Dean is gearing up to resume his guru-ing activities. Then again, he may need some money, quick.

Another interesting little thing to watch for - Dean has a jury trial impending, and that means everyone is under a publication ban concerning what occurred and was said at the preliminary inquiry. It will be interesting to see how Dean responds to his fandom's present and high level of excitement.
Dean's going to have to obey the bail agreement and make his case in court without going into his usual hyper-rant. I don't think he can do either.. . and even if he does, I think the prosecutors have him dead to rights.

If he can be a good little boy, the only question (IMHO) is whether he'll get more time for the firearms charges. The experts here would know more about that than me.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Dean's second interview since leaving jail is with none other than Kevin Annett:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKflsuYd4U
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

About half way through the Youtube, after bragging about his newly found calm, Dean launches into his usual psycho-rant telling us how stupid and corrupt the courts are and how he's going to make them pay for what they've done to him.

The hate is still there. Dean still sees himself as a victim.

I predict that whether he violates his bail agreement, commits another crime or goes crazy in court Dean is going to find some way to turn it all to crap.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Why should he change the patterns of a life time at this late juncture?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Why should he change the patterns of a life time at this late juncture?
Why indeed? He has nothing else. So he will hold onto the last thing that he can - blame everyone else for his problems.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Media tour continues:

Interview with some Batman guy I've never heard before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdAPEDBwp3I

Interview with CCN (the same one that promoted Kiri Campbell last month):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZVBcnBGm7o

No actual information in either interview based on what I skimmed.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Jeffrey wrote:
Interview with some Batman guy I've never heard before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdAPEDBwp3I
:shock: :lol:
You're right that there's no substance but this is one of the funniest interviews I've ever heard.
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Yeah and remember no matter what you do don't mention the Queen for friggin sakes!!

Some real law experts on that recording. I do hope Dean presents "batman" as an 'expert' for the defense...
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Since nothing is going on right now been trying to track down some loose ends.

Back in 2011 Dean did some radio shows with Derek Hill, nothing odd about it but after those 2011 shows Hill drops off the radar completely. His Facebook page stopped being updated November 2014 but shows that he was actively OPCA at that time, with some Dean Kory and Scott Duncan information being posted.

Now this may be a wild goose chase but a search at the court registry leads to SC13-01-25256, where a Derek Hill ripped off a company in Manitoba that sells Siding for $5,500. Now Dean is in construction, Dean is in Manitoba, a guy that may have been Dean's friend was ripping off a company that sells construction materials in 2013? Maybe Dean used Derek as an intermediary to get siding for a project, Dean doesn't pay up, Derek gets stuck with the bill?

Other than that there doesn't appear to be anything concerning the guy available.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

A Seinfeld episode:

Newman asks George to procure some siding since, due do his bad business reputation, Newman can't get anybody to do business with him.

Newman tells George he'll pay him for the siding, plus interest, out of the profits from the job he for which needs the siding.

Being the dirt bag he is Newman never gets the job done and hence never pays George for the siding. George gets sued by the siding company.

Newman tells George he will use his legal expertise to get him off the hook for the siding.

George loses the suit despite Newman's help. Newman blames the whole thing on the evil powers that be for yada-yada-yada reasons.

George buys the reasoning since believing otherwise might make him think he was a royal dumb arse to believe Newman in the first place.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

A new interview: http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/20 ... 150403.php

It's the usual.

EDIT: There's now a weekly radio show! http://www.consciousconsumernetwork.tv/ ... -clifford/
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Good news for team Dean! Today the Supreme Court of Canada struck down the mandatory minimum sentencing provisions under s.95 (possession of a prohibited/restricted weapon with ammo).

R. v. Nur: http://canlii.ca/t/gh5ms
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

couple questions as my computer keeps freezing when i try to navigate canlii or i would answer them myself.

is this the section clifford is charged under? and was the provision struck in cases with an aggravating factor such as guns in the presence of a controlled substance or in a place facilitating the manufacture of controlled substances?

i do not think the act of simply having a weapon in your home, regardless of how its stored, is the same as having a weapon for protection of an ongoing criminal enterprise.

and does it apply to commonly held weapons alone, or does it include unregistered restricted firearms, and did it strike the sections on weapons used in the commission of an offense or used in the furtherance of a criminal cause?

we must remember the circumstance of the case.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....