Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by Burnaby49 »

Steve, about your question on Dean's transcripts. I've never ordered transcripts from Manitoba courts, but there are a lot of instructions on this website;

http://www.manitobacourts.mb.ca/transcripts/

on how to do so, and the cost(s) involved. One helpful thing is that like many jurisdictions, there is a different cost to the person who is the first to order a transcript, vs those that later make a request. The reason for that is the cost for the first transcript is literally for someone to listen to the recorded proceeding and type it out. Later requests just mean photocopying the first transcript.

If you look at the website linked above it shows that if you don't make a rush order, and are OK with a 21 day turnaround, then the cost for a later electronic copy is relatively - $0.40 per page. The same price I pay for copies od documents at the Federal Court of Canada:

(a) for each court transcript produced within twenty-one (21) business* days (or extended as agreed) from the date request is received by Transcription Services (Regular Service)

(i) for the first copy ordered by a party (any format) $3.00
(ii) for a copy of the same transcript ordered by another party, $0.80
(iii) for each additional paper copy ordered by the same party, $0.35
(iv) for an electronic copy ordered by another party (without a paper copy) $0.40

However, getting a new transcript, at best, is $3.00 per page. Too expensive.

Fortunately we know that some transcripts have already been prepared because the court file record shows that. Looking at R v Clifford, docket CR14-01-33786, we see the following are on the court record:
16 22-Sep-2014 Winnipeg-QB TRANSCRIPT PROV COURT 25-MAR-2014 STANNARD, PJ
30 08-Oct-2014 Winnipeg-QB TRANSCRIPT PROCEEDINGS 23-JUN-2014 CLEARWATER, J.
31 09-Oct-2014 Winnipeg-QB TRANSCRIPT PRELIM - VOL1 - 29AUG14 LISMER, PJ
32 09-Oct-2014 Winnipeg-QB TRANSCRIPT PRELIM - VOL2 - 04SEP14 LISMER, PJ

Since these ones are already prepared, the cost will only be $0.40 per page, for an electronic copy of the transcript.

So it looks like these are the matters where there are definitely cheap transcripts available:

1 - a Provincial Court appearance before Provincial Court Judge Stannard on March 24, 2014. Looking at the documents we have on hand, the provincial court docket number appears to be 555-49829. That, along with Clifford's name, should be enough to identify and order that one.

2 - the preliminary inquiry hearing transcript, which would again have been in Provincial Court, before Judge Lismer. This was on two dates: Aug. 29, 2014, and Sept. 4, 2014. We know that Clifford was committed to trial in Queen's Bench at the close of the second day's hearings - the provincial court judge concluded the Crown had a case against Dean. The preliminary inquiry transcript should review the evidence of the case against Clifford.

3 - a Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench appearance on June 23, 2014 before Justice Clearwater. This is not in Clifford's main trial, but instead in R v Clifford, docket CR13-01-32571. This was an application by Clifford to be released on bail, that was refused. We already have and have published Clifford's materials that relate to that bail hearing.

Now these three sets of transcripts are definitely available and cheap. It may turn out that other (first copy) transcripts have already been obtained. My bet is that if you call the Transcription Services Unit ((204) 945-3026 or (204) 945-0301) and ask if there are other transcripts that have also been prepared in the following matters:

R v Clifford - MBQB Docket CR13-01-32571
R v Clifford - MBQB Docket CR14-01-33786
R v Clifford - MBPC Docket 555-49829

you may find some more goodies.

And so while ordering Dean's trial transcripts would be expensive, since Dean is likely to get a long sentence Dean will probably appeal, and to appeal he first has to order the transcript! So, if an appeal is filed, then it's again easy to get cheap transcripts.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Since the goal is to get copies of what he was found guilty of, isn't there a cheaper option than the transcripts. I.e. the disposition sheet for the 14 charges and the Selkirk disposition sheet?
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

erwalkerca wrote:Surely it can't be just for the time he was in jail.
If I were to take a guess, I would say that the $9,815.97 is for past (2002, 2003) judgements that they haven't yet collected on (plus interest), and the $3,291.20 is probably from when he was in jail, and possibly up to present day.
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:And so while ordering Dean's trial transcripts would be expensive, since Dean is likely to get a long sentence Dean will probably appeal, and to appeal he first has to order the transcript! So, if an appeal is filed, then it's again easy to get cheap transcripts.
Great information, thank you very much. Based on Dean's Facebook postings, it looks as though he intends on skipping the appeals process, in favor of a civil suit, with a multi-billion dollar pay-out. This will of course be thrown out, just as his previous attempt to sue "Her Majesty" was.

The media reported that all of the 14 charges were read aloud in court on the first day of Dean's trial. I wonder if it is possible to only order the transcripts for that one day? I do like Jeffrey's idea, though I wouldn't have the first clue on how to go about it.
Wake Up! Productions

I have a few more questions for you Burnaby. When Dean is sentenced on Nov. 5th, will those transcripts and/or the pre-sentencing report also cost money to obtain, or might they be posted somewhere online as a mater of public record?

Also, aside from being physically present in the court on Nov.5, is there a way to find out of his sentence that day, or do we just have to wait for the media to report on it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:I have a few more questions for you Burnaby. When Dean is sentenced on Nov. 5th, will those transcripts and/or the pre-sentencing report also cost money to obtain, or might they be posted somewhere online as a mater of public record?

Also, aside from being physically present in the court on Nov.5, is there a way to find out of his sentence that day, or do we just have to wait for the media to report on it?
Sorry, no idea. Manitoba is the dark side of the moon as far as I'm concerned. The sentencing hearing might result in a published decision but I doubt the transcripts or pre-sentencing reports will be available free online. Here in in Vancouver I could walk over to the court and get a copy from the court registry and I assume somebody in Winnipeg could do the same. The only reason Quatloos gets real-time information from Vancouver cases such as the Nanaimo Three and Chief Rock Sino General is because I'm actually there in the court scribbling it all down.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Wake Up! Productions

Thanks again Burnaby. In case you are unaware, I live in Toronto. Should Robert Menard ever face the court here in Toronto, you can count on me for in-person reporting.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Thanks again Burnaby. In case you are unaware, I live in Toronto. Should Robert Menard ever face the court here in Toronto, you can count on me for in-person reporting.
Thanks, you may get called on that. His charges are still outstanding. If he had any consideration for his fans at all he would have made sure that he was arrested and charged here in Vancouver. I would have guaranteed the full Burnaby49 court treatment.

erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
If I were to take a guess, I would say that the $9,815.97 is for past (2002, 2003) judgements that they haven't yet collected on (plus interest), and the $3,291.20 is probably from when he was in jail, and possibly up to present day.
Yes, it most likely did included the '02, '03, and '10 judgments (plus interest) as they total over $8600. The only doubt I had was the fact that his wages were garnisheed in one instance. Just surprising that the company took that long to pursue it further.
Wake Up! Productions

erwalkerca wrote:
Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Yes, it most likely did included the '02, '03, and '10 judgments (plus interest) as they total over $8600. The only doubt I had was the fact that his wages were garnisheed in one instance. Just surprising that the company took that long to pursue it further.
I missed the 2010 judgement in my rushed glance. As for the garnisheed wages, I suspect that Dean saw his pay cheque, and quit that job the next day. This was back in 2004, so it is conceivable this is what forced Dean to start his own company, in order to avoid paying.
Wake Up! Productions

erwalkerca wrote:Just surprising that the company took that long to pursue it further.
The company in question is Centra Gas, which is a division of Manitoba Hydro - a CROWN CORPORATION. This is what I have noticed about Dean (from 2001 on), he only defaults on owing the CROWN, or anyone associated with the CROWN. Manitoba Public Insurance is another CROWN corporation that he has left in the lurch.

I am not certain about in Manitoba, but here in Ontario CROWN owned heat and hydro companies a barred from turning off the service during the winter months, as it would violate Section 7 of the Charter.
Wake Up! Productions

New message on one of Dean's Facebook pages today:
Dean is officially online again at his own Home office, with a solid and super fast connection and will again be launching his media campaign of information and solutions. So it begins......
:haha:

Goodie gum drops, fresh material coming soon !!!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

And guess who is interested in hearing the latest Dean updates:
Jonathan L Seagull information and solutions...we're tuned in and ready to hear!
Yeap, that Jonathan:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9580
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

The thread title is wrong. If anyone is keeping score dean has been a failure to several gurus. The title should reflect that. It would be amusing to see the number in title increase with each helper monkey....

Just saying
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:And guess who is interested in hearing the latest Dean updates:
Jonathan L Seagull information and solutions...we're tuned in and ready to hear!
Yeap, that Jonathan:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9580
He's been lurking in the background of Dean's Facebook postings for a while.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Serious question, how do you rape two kids and only get two years in jail. The hell are you Canadians doing? How is he even allowed to be online.
Wake Up! Productions

Jeffrey wrote:Serious question, how do you rape two kids and only get two years in jail. The hell are you Canadians doing? How is he even allowed to be online.
For legal purposes, and to clarify, you are not referring to Dean Clifford in that comment, but rather Jonathan L Seagull. I wouldn't want Dean to get his panties in a bunch and file yet another lawsuit. :snicker:
Wake Up! Productions

Is Dean growing pot again? Sounds like he is using code in this Facebook comment:
Jeff Gottfried: I must say the coffee was amazing.

Dean Clifford: I know my coffee dude. You should see all the changes here. My sunroom is so much more organized and alive with growing plants and food. :D
I am not aware of any coffee beans that can grow in a sunroom in Canada !!!
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Is Dean growing pot again? Sounds like he is using code in this Facebook comment:
Jeff Gottfried: I must say the coffee was amazing.

Dean Clifford: I know my coffee dude. You should see all the changes here. My sunroom is so much more organized and alive with growing plants and food. :D
I am not aware of any coffee beans that can grow in a sunroom in Canada !!!
Do they not drug test him while he is out?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

NYGman wrote:Do they not drug test him while he is out?
His bail conditions simply says "no drugs", it doesn't mention random testing. Oh, and I missed the FB replies:
Jeff Gottfried: Ya that java was great and ya dont even live that far away. EASY ride.
Cory Derowin: I'd like to try that coffee, being an avid coffee drinker myself.
Last edited by Wake Up! Productions on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:50 am, edited 6 times in total.