Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

Hanslune
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by Hanslune »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Hanslune wrote:...I could hear the sound of Dean flushing his life down the toilet as I read that.

Whatja think - the court took notice of his hostility and words against the Court, Canada and sanity?
What kills me about this is - what if the Judge was going to lift some of Dean's bail restrictions? It could be the biggest case of "foot in mouth" disease ever recorded in human history. :brickwall:

I found it hilarious that he was threatening to use the eversopowerful fee schedule which has to be the limpest, dullest and least successful of all the FOLT magical methodologies....without (correct me if I'm wrong)....a single success in decades+ use.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

He flushed a long time ago. The paperwork plugged the system up a bit but eventually the system works to clear the clog and the water will be clean again.

Meads 2000. Keeping the system flushing smoothly.

What does it say when somebody can sum up your life's work with a plugged toilet analogy?
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

LordEd wrote:He flushed a long time ago. The paperwork plugged the system up a bit but eventually the system works to clear the clog and the water will be clean again.

Meads 2000. Keeping the system flushing smoothly.

What does it say when somebody can sum up your life's work with a plugged toilet analogy?

I can see 12 years in the future, Dean planning, once he gets out of prison, how he will collect the C$ 998 trillion he has earned from his fee schedules......
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

You know what? I take back what I had previously stated. I think Dean is the "shoot it out with the cops" kind of dumb !!! :lol:
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

man, that's a powerful lot of dumb stupid all heaped there in one great pile. Even for Deano that's a masterwork, and to actually send that to Probation Services, when they are evaluating how long to send you away for..... Priceless... That's just dumb right on top of dumb. I hope at the very least they forward the correspondence to the judge for his amusement. I think he should be fully informed about what he is dealing with. I also think this would probably be grounds for revoking his bail and putting him back in the slammer until sentencing and then giving him the maximum for his efforts. Like I said, that is a powerful heap of dumb and stupid all in one place. Just when I think that boy can't get any dumber he goes and excels himself again.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Wake Up! Productions

notorial dissent wrote:man, that's a powerful lot of dumb stupid all heaped there in one great pile. Even for Deano that's a masterwork, and to actually send that to Probation Services
Correction, that was sent to Shauna Silver, who was/is the Crown Prosecutor assigned to Dean's case.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Having made a mess of everything else Dean has decided he's going to be the toughest kid in school.

That kid can't just report for after school detention. . .he has to punch a teacher on the way.
LordEd wrote:Perhaps Mr. Clifford did something in violation of his pre sentence release terms. . .
I would not bet against that possibility.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

So, the odds that Dean shows up at tomorrows court date are what?

And why is there suddenly an August court date if sentencing was on November?
notorial dissent

notorial dissent wrote:man, that's a powerful lot of dumb stupid all heaped there in one great pile. Even for Deano that's a masterwork, and to actually send that to Probation Services
Correction, that was sent to Shauna Silver, who was/is the Crown Prosecutor assigned to Dean's case.
Then really even dumber, if possible????

I would say the response doesn't bode well for appearance tomorrow.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Jeffrey wrote:So, the odds that Dean shows up at tomorrows court date are what?

My guess is that it's either a regularly scheduled report-to-the-judge thing, or Rageboy did something in violation of his release agreement.

Either way our subject managed to make a mess of things by sassing the crown prosecutor.
notorial dissent

arayder wrote:

My guess is that it's either a regularly scheduled report-to-the-judge thing, or Rageboy did something in violation of his release agreement.

Either way our subject managed to make a mess of things by sassing the crown prosecutor.
Of the two, I would bet wonder boy violated his parole in some fashion, since he doesn't consider it to have been a real court, he is probably disregarding the bail conditions as well as everything else. Tomorrow should be interesting.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

notorial dissent wrote: Of the two, I would bet wonder boy violated his parole in some fashion, since he doesn't consider it to have been a real court, he is probably disregarding the bail conditions as well as everything else. Tomorrow should be interesting.
I'm only speaking from personal experience as a surety with the bail system in Canada, but generally a violation of a bail condition evokes a very swift response from the authorities. Since he's not in jail he probably didn't violate a bail condition. In one instance when I was a surety the accused got to spend the weekend in jail for breaking the condition that he report to the police station by a certain time and he was 40 minutes late - New Year's Eve party was not considered a valid excuse. If he has to show up in court tomorrow it could possibly be some house keeping matter such as more information required for his pre-sentencing report or the Crown wants to reschedule. In the worst possible scenario for Deano it may be the case of a surety wants to back out from their responsibilities but is being polite and giving him warning that he needs to find another rather than simply backing out immediately.
BTW, anything posted here is simply conjecture since we haven't seen his bail conditions.
Wake Up! Productions

eric wrote:
notorial dissent wrote: Of the two, I would bet wonder boy violated his parole in some fashion, since he doesn't consider it to have been a real court, he is probably disregarding the bail conditions as well as everything else. Tomorrow should be interesting.
I'm only speaking from personal experience as a surety with the bail system in Canada, but generally a violation of a bail condition evokes a very swift response from the authorities. Since he's not in jail he probably didn't violate a bail condition. In one instance when I was a surety the accused got to spend the weekend in jail for breaking the condition that he report to the police station by a certain time and he was 40 minutes late - New Year's Eve party was not considered a valid excuse. If he has to show up in court tomorrow it could possibly be some house keeping matter such as more information required for his pre-sentencing report or the Crown wants to reschedule. In the worst possible scenario for Deano it may be the case of a surety wants to back out from their responsibilities but is being polite and giving him warning that he needs to find another rather than simply backing out immediately.
BTW, anything posted here is simply conjecture since we haven't seen his bail conditions.
I was thinking the same thing. If the cops were already at his house twice within 2 days, then he would have been arrested right then and there. It is something specific and URGENT that the Justice wants to speak to him about. My gut feeling is that, based on his open public disregard for the system, possibly one of his 2 sureties (either his father or step-father) may be pulling out in fear of Dean not appearing for sentencing. This would require an immediate "surprise" hearing.

If this is the case, and Dean is unable to find another surety in the given time allowed, would his bail be immediately revoked?
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

eric wrote: In the worst possible scenario for Deano it may be the case of a surety wants to back out from their responsibilities but is being polite and giving him warning that he needs to find another rather than simply backing out immediately.
I was thinking the same thing. If the cops were already at his house twice within 2 days, then he would have been arrested right then and there. It is something specific and URGENT that the Justice wants to speak to him about. My gut feeling is that, based on his open public disregard for the system, possibly one of his 2 sureties (either his father or step-father) may be pulling out in fear of Dean not appearing for sentencing. This would require an immediate "surprise" hearing.
If this is the case, and Dean is unable to find another surety in the given time allowed, would his bail be immediately revoked?
If a surety wants to revoke bail the courts look at why the surety wants to pull out and then make their decision taking into account that no undue hardship should be placed on the surety. If the "citizen jailer" has an honest fear that his inmate is about to violate a bail condition bail can be revoked immediately, even without a court hearing. If the surety just has a reasonable dislike of the person's conduct while on bail it may take a few days to arrange an appointment with a j.p. There is no requirement that the offender has to be present to defend themselves, a surety would not be forced to continue if they have a decent explanation to the court. Very often a surety desires to pull out because of a change in their personal circumstances (can't afford the potential financial loss because of a change in jobs) or they feel they can no longer maintain the day to day contact required. As an example, if a bail condition is that the "bailee" has to maintain employment but they get a job in another city the surety should go to the courts and ask to be relieved of their responsibilities effective the date their charge moves to their new job. In my case the civilized arrangement was that his new employer would be his surety and that it would be effective on the day he took up his new job in Ottawa after I had assisted him in his move from Kitchener.
Wake Up! Productions

eric wrote:There is no requirement that the offender has to be present to defend themselves, a surety would not be forced to continue if they have a decent explanation to the court.
So is it your position that this is not a surety issue? The only other possibility that I can see is that something brought up during trial needs to be clarified in regards to the presentencing report.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Pursuant to the attached letter from Probation Services
Notice, as usual, that Dean does not show what the letter from Probation said
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

arayder wrote:

Sassing? :snicker:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

I'd say the odds are close to 100%. That entire post, all the macho bluster, is just spin to distract the reader from the fact that Dean is going to comply with a court order and bail like a good citizen.

The reason for the court appearance could be anything... there may be some issue with the PSR, or maybe the judge wants to see if Dean has hired competent legal counsel, given the serious charges that he was convicted for. Unless the courts website is updated I doubt we'll get the truth.

Edit to add: Hearsay evidence is admissible at sentencing (s.723(5)) so this type of post, the videos, all of it can be brought in.
Wake Up! Productions

Dean Clifford on November 5th ... :sarcasmon:

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

im going to venture a guess. its his hearing to declare him a vexatious litigant. probably with a change to bail conditions to reflect that. just a guess but he is due for it. i would further guess that a change to the bail to have no contact with others in the opca community. it has precedent from alberta. it was in a police shooting. robinson i think his name was. he was found not guilty but the order stood as a condition of bail.

thats my conjecture for now.
peace,
ninj

EDIT: this is the fella and the conditions. please remember he was found not guilty on all counts.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.1144477
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....