Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by Jeffrey »

Mowe said that decision should be on Canlii when it gets out.

Time to spam the refresh button.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I was at a local Freeman's trial hearing yesterday (trial adjourned for re-scheduling because of available court time issues) which I'll report on later. I've been to a number of hearings this year, with more to come, of trials in progress that I've not yet reported because I want to get the complete story first rather than post in bits and pieces. Anyhow yesterday's guy, who was charged in February, wanted to have all charges dropped for a number of reasons one of which was unreasonable delay in getting to trial. This after just seven months and our muscular Freeman has been languishing in remand for ten months. It will soon be time for a Dean anniversary party!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:. . . Anyhow yesterday's guy, who was charged in February, wanted to have all charges dropped for a number of reasons one of which was unreasonable delay in getting to trial. This after just seven months and our muscular Freeman has been languishing in remand for ten months. It will soon be time for a Dean anniversary party!
In Dean's instance isn't it the case that his constant filings have taken up the court's time and delayed the process? My sense of it is that Dean could have entered a plea months ago if had hadn't endlessly argued the court's authority.

And quite simply isn't it the case that Dean's own ding dang fault that he wasn't able to get bail? Dean did abuse the process when he was on bail before, didn't he?

I ask because I know there are those here who know far more about the Canadian process than do I.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

arayder wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:. . . Anyhow yesterday's guy, who was charged in February, wanted to have all charges dropped for a number of reasons one of which was unreasonable delay in getting to trial. This after just seven months and our muscular Freeman has been languishing in remand for ten months. It will soon be time for a Dean anniversary party!
In Dean's instance isn't it the case that his constant filings have taken up the court's time and delayed the process? My sense of it is that Dean could have entered a plea months ago if had hadn't endlessly argued the court's authority.

And quite simply isn't it the case that Dean's own ding dang fault that he wasn't able to get bail? Dean did abuse the process when he was on bail before, didn't he?

I ask because I know there are those here who know far more about the Canadian process than do I.
In the few trials I've been involved with where delay was an issue (mostly Federal Court on tax matters) the court took a two step analyis. Firstly has the delay been of such duration that it can be considered excessive and have breeched the defendant's/appellant's charter rights? Most of the time the analysis stopped at this point because the court considered the delay to not be excessive given the complexity of the issues.

However if the delay was excessive the second step came into play, what is the cause of the delay? One tax case I attended got to this point with the taxpayer wanting the case dropped because of delay but the court determined that most of the delay was at the taxpayer's specific request. There had been an unrelated but similar case on almost identical facts being heard by the Tax Court and the taxpayer wanted to wait until that one was decided. That case took years because the corporate taxpay lost at Tax Court and appealed the decision to the Federal Court of appeal where it also lost. Notwithstanding that loss our taxpayer continued with its appeal and also lost at Tax Court and the Federal Court of Appeal. So the Federal Court of Appeal decided that while the delay had been excessive it had not prejudiced the appellant because it was largely the result of by the appellant's own actions.

So yes, if Clifford tried to claim excessive delay whatever he has been doing to slow things down would be an issue on a review.

Editing this because I may have left out a third factor, the seriousness of the offense. Driving while under suspension like my Freeman yesterday isn't a big deal but we recently had a random murder of a teenage girl in greater Vancouver. The accused is a hard-core sex offender who just got out of jail after 22 years for other violent sexual crimes. He has been deemed to be incorrigible and was considered a danger to the community when released. It is extremely unlikely that, if his trial is unduely delayed, no matter for how long, the court will consider releasing him on this basis. I'm not familiar with this point because all of the trials I was involved with were just routine income tax issues so there was no issue of public protection or severity of offense, just money squabbles.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

if the crown is causing the delay you got six months(roughly) before the delay effects your speedy trial. if the defendant is doing the delay dance this does not apply. like if someone causes endless delays with shoddy paperwork from a really crappy self represented defendant.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

oops, its 12-18 months to get to trial; although this decision has been a back and forth in the courts depending on the complexity of the case. it was considered less at one time but there was some complex cases that caused a bit of confusion about the acceptable time before a stay would be ordered.

ninj
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

September 23, 2014....

Dean Clifford Website Conspiracy DEBUNKED

read it: http://winnipegalternativemedia.com/201 ... -debunked/

well that sure clears things up eh.... hahahahahaha

ninj
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Dean shut down operation and ran off with the money
He, ran off with the money, to jail????
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

yeah. lol. im guessing its gone to certain things around dean. but anything else would be speculation. one can only spend so much on canteen in jail.

ninj
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

All those who’ve paid for the past website will have free access to the new site. He extends his apologies for such a drawn out conclusion to this problem.
Translation; Everybody who was stupid enough to get totally screwed by paying for Dean's worthless advice and following it have, thanks to Dean's generosity, been given the opportunity to continue destroying their lives.

Frankly I have absolutely no sympathy for his subscribers. Dean is an opportunistic charlatan who can't even keep himself out of jail. Anybody who follows his advice deserves whatever adverse consequences they get. Anybody who benefited by it is free, in fact welcome, to post their story here.

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

If I recall correctly Dean's site used Paypal or some such service.

So would that mean the web master in question (who Smith makes clear is Alex) had access to the Paypal account as well as Dean's Vimeo and Youtube accounts, the latter two being shut down also?

Maybe the web world works differently than the non-web world, where businesses never give employees, not even the book keeper, unfettered access to the money or materials of the business.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

That seems to be the way it was set up based on what little information we have.

Subscription money would go to the Admin, the Admin would then pay off Dean's properties or give him a cut to some of his now frozen bank accounts.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I thought when Alex quit he basically said he was funding the website on his own dime, that Dean wasn't contributing.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

arayder wrote:Maybe the web world works differently than the non-web world, where businesses never give employees, not even the book keeper, unfettered access to the money or materials of the business.
Well, the real, sane, honest world probably, but you don't seriously expect Dean who is to all appearance not only an illiterate's illiterate, but a technical illiterate as well, to handle anything to do with his websites, do you? My personal suspicion is that he scribbles out illegibly his latest screed on whatever is handy, and the webmaster or whoever is stuck with the job has to transcribe the scrawl in to something resembling English and get it typed in to the web page. Would probably explain why it is as incoherent as it is.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

arayder wrote:Maybe the web world works differently than the non-web world, where businesses never give employees, not even the book keeper, unfettered access to the money or materials of the business.
I'm a bookkeeper. I have unfettered access to both the money and materials of several businesses. People trust their bookkeepers far more than they should, especially given the penchant of my fellow bitches to rob companies blind. Of course, I encourage them to look at their bank, credit card and vendor statements and to question anything that seems odd to them, and I've recently busted one bookkeeper for theft so it might just be that I'm usually honest for my industry.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As an old boss of mine once said, someone in the company has to know what is going on, and it usually isn't the ones actually running things. She was THE book keeper and financial arbiter in the company, and quite frankly the only one who knew where the money was coming from and more importantly where it was going, and they were incredibly solvent as long as she was there..... You can read between the periods for the rest. She was one of the most honest and straightforward people I have ever known, and incredibly good at her job.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

notorial dissent wrote:My personal suspicion is that he scribbles out illegibly his latest screed
as much as it pains me to have to say something nice about dean his handwriting is actually excellent. to clarify, the quality of his handwriting is good, the subject matter on which he is writing is gibberish.

ninj
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Keeping tabs on the pro-Dean sites. News of the indictment and yesterdays hearing is slowly percolating however Rob Smith and the crew still haven't acknowledged it.

Really bizarre stuff.
erwalkerca
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by erwalkerca »

It appears yesterday's hearing was adjourned until 2 Oct
25-Sep-2014 10:00 ADJOURNED CRIMINAL UNCONTESTED MOTIONS(THURS-10:00) ACCUSED, HABEAS CORPUS, 25SEP2014 @ 10:00 A.M.-RFEFERENCE CR13-01-32571. Adj from 25-Sep-2014 to 02-Oct-2014
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

For those concerned, Dean and his website Administrator have come to an amicable solution to their hosting problems in yet another example of how well Freemen are able to work with other human beings without a need for pesky Government intervention:
Dean's web associates have come to an amicable agreement regarding the website. There has been a great deal of stress and commotion, misunderstandings, and lack of communication until now. I'm sure you can all appreciate that with Dean's circumstances, not being in regular communication with the web-master, and no one really to take the lead, as everyone is working, things quickly turn into the "telephone game." Moving forward, Dean was able to contact the web-master and get his message across, everyone was agreeable. Thank you to the web-master. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to the good people who are ready to progress with us and continue learning. Please refrain from ill comments towards our web-master, as he has graciously stepped down, and offered to provide the assistance that we need short-term. We thank him for all the hard work and sacrifice that he has dedicated at his own expense to help further the truth. Updates from Dean will commence asap We have a ridiculous amount of evidence of deliberate conspiring, fraud, dishonour, etc by Her Majesty's agents to report on.