The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

This is a little weird. I was curious if Alex's adventures in psychopharmacology had led to some new court proceedings, but upon checking the British Columbia Court's Online website I found that Alex was scheduled for an application today at 9:30 a.m. in the New Westminster Courts. I don't know who is making that application.

And the daily court list shows a hearing for all four defendants, 9:30 a.m., courtroom 206.

I wonder what's up...

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

With lots of delusions, particularly of adequacy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LordEd »

CSO status for ream was:
Last Action: APP (Application)
Last Result: SL (Struck from list)

Was this his court question list? (yes/no/I don't know <--)
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Alexander Ream
I've been abused too much by many insane people. I was arrested for spreading nutritional papers at a grocery store and during the arrest the Vancouver Police took 150$ out of me and never gave it back. I also keep waking up during my sleep every day since they locked me up against my will in these horrible psych wards. I think that I keep waking up during my sleep because of the side effects from all the harmful drugs they forced on me. I feel destroyed by the system and need to spend my time improving my health and my way of life. I need to help myself before I can help others.
Looks like a GMO type protest in a private store was the right answer.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

LordEd wrote:
Alexander Ream
I've been abused too much by many insane people. I was arrested for spreading nutritional papers at a grocery store and during the arrest the Vancouver Police took 150$ out of me and never gave it back. I also keep waking up during my sleep every day since they locked me up against my will in these horrible psych wards. I think that I keep waking up during my sleep because of the side effects from all the harmful drugs they forced on me. I feel destroyed by the system and need to spend my time improving my health and my way of life. I need to help myself before I can help others.
Looks like a GMO type protest in a private store was the right answer.
Well, there's a new whine from another full time freeman victim: The powers that be are making me wake up in the middle of the night.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Alexander ream
I've made a mistake. I've made an oath to keep the peace and claimed myself to be a peace officer. I realized that all I had to do was to be myself. I am naturally peaceful and don't need to label myself anything or make any promises. I only have to take responsibility for my life and be the best I can be. Instead of fighting in court for the title I will ask for forgiveness. My intention when signing the peace officer oath document was to be a Peace Officer and keep the peace not to pretend to be a Policy Enforcement Officer (Police Officer) to enforce corporate policies and contracts. I would love to take responsibility for my actions and be responsible for any harm... if there is any.
This is possibly a winning strategy, at least vs the alternative.
notorial dissent

The light may have dawned, let us hope so for Alex's sake. I really don't think he can handle too much more reality than he's had recently. I really don't think he is/was trying to do anything really wrong, but I do think he is too damn dumb and way too gullible to realize just what it is he is doing, as opposed to his intentions, and he has absolutely useless crapall for friends.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Menard and others are giving advice to him. Menard is still focused on the "coat of arms" bus and maintaining his "peace officer" status.

Ream's current revelation is going to get twisted.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Alexander Ream
The RCMP came to my place yesterday at night and arrested me. It was on February the 18th 2014. I spent the night freezing in a cold cell somewhere in an underground facility. I was transported to a cell at the New Westminster Provincial Court in the morning. I eventually talked to the Judge and the Crown Prosecutor in a court room. We came to an agreement to have a private discussion between me and the Crown Prosecutor. I went back to the cell and eventually I was released. I went to talk to her in her office. I explained to her that at the time I didn't know that having the British Columbia Coat of Arms on the Peace Officer oath document would cause trouble. I only wanted to exercise my inherent right to be a Peace Officer. She told me to write an essay and explain my story to the bail supervisor and to the Judge. My court date has been schedule for March 26. The other court dates has been cancelled.
More of a sign Mr. Ream has a chance. As long as he keeps on task in his essay that his intent is "peaceful protest" at worst, avoids typical freeman jurisdiction or related magic hat arguments, and tones down the corporate policy enforcer stuff, he might not have to enjoy the courtroom much more.

Good luck to him.
notorial dissent

Poor old Alex, just can't catch a break with both hands. Maybe if he can convince the prosecutor and the judge that he really is every bit as dumb and oblivious as he really is, and wasn't really intending anything serious he can get out of this with his hide mostly intact. Always providing his friends don't help him any more than they already have.
Clovenhoof
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Clovenhoof »

notorial dissent wrote:Poor old Alex, just can't catch a break with both hands. Maybe if he can convince the prosecutor and the judge that he really is every bit as dumb and oblivious as he really is, and wasn't really intending anything serious he can get out of this with his hide mostly intact. Always providing his friends don't help him any more than they already have.
No, he caught a pretty good break here. Alex, if you or your friends are following this thread, don't screw this up.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Alexander Ream
... I'll explain one more time. Peace Officer merely a title. I don't want to label myself anything anymore. However, in court I will still be standing up for my right to be one. How will I do that? Well instead of fighting for the title saying that I have the right to do so. I will ask the accusers to show me the harm done. The burden of proof is on them. I haven't done anything wrong and it is why I will stand in my ground.
Chance being tossed in the bin...
notorial dissent

LordEd wrote:
Alexander Ream
... I'll explain one more time. Peace Officer merely a title. I don't want to label myself anything anymore. However, in court I will still be standing up for my right to be one. How will I do that? Well instead of fighting for the title saying that I have the right to do so. I will ask the accusers to show me the harm done. The burden of proof is on them. I haven't done anything wrong and it is why I will stand in my ground.
notorial dissent wrote:Poor old Alex, just can't catch a break with both hands.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:
LordEd wrote:
Alexander Ream
notorial dissent wrote:Poor old Alex, just can't catch a break with both hands.

Natural selection at work in modern society.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Looks like Mr Ream's CSO record has changed to reflect his rescheduled date. It now shows his next appearance as March 26th with a reason of "CWI - Comply with instructions'.

The others remain scheduled for trial.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:Looks like Mr Ream's CSO record has changed to reflect his rescheduled date. It now shows his next appearance as March 26th with a reason of "CWI - Comply with instructions'.

The others remain scheduled for trial.
Thanks for the update. As long as Lange is still slated for Friday it's worth going to watch the show.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

It would seem Mr. Lange is now listed in CSO as "in custody", and had a few "WI - Warrant Issued" results.

Either Burnaby will have a very interesting report, or Mr. Lange decided not to attend.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I just got home and I plan a long posting so I'll just give a spoiler right now on Lange. Lange did indeed decide not to attend so judge issued an arrest warrant. He was promptly arrested and brought to trial in custody. Bail revoked and he is to be held for the duration of the trial.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Back from a long day in court at the trial of the now Nanaimo Two; attrition has taken its toll. So you've got a long posting to wade through but before I start I have to make an apology to David Lange! In my January 22 posting on the pre-trial scheduling hearing I said;
On to our boys. Ream, as predicted, a no-show. Simpson and Lange were there, no idea about Smith. Turns out I've met Lange! He was part of the Chief Rock Sino General seminar I attended last October and wrote about here;

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9377&start=180

On that posting I identified him as Dave Smith because the seminar was just first names and I got my Dave's mixed up.

When it was their turn Simpson went up the bench and quietly stood beside his lawyer. Not Lange! Firstly, he apparently refused to enter the court, you know "crossing the bar" because it was an Admiralty Court (heard that from his wife later) and so stayed in the spectators area right beside me. Lange ranted (yes, I'd call it a rant) to the judge that there was no point to scheduling a trial because he'd sent the court an affidavit apparently dismissing its authority and since the court hadn't replied it had agreed with his position so all charges were dismissed. The judge said she'd been through this before with him and she wasn't putting up with it again. Then Dave got all existential; demanding from the court "Who are you? I demand you tell me who you are". He told the judge she was a legal fiction and (I think, notes unclear) that he needed police protection from the court's attack on civilians. Something about police, the court, and civilians. Again this would fit into the Admiralty Court storyline. At this point Dave was getting really excited and was shouting how he didn't consent to charges or to the court itself. Judge said she'd heard it all before and he had to control himself, his trial was scheduled for February 28th so business here today done and he had to leave. He had no intention of going so judge told the two sheriffs to get him out. They walked up to him and told him to leave but he was past listening to anyone so they each grabbed an arm and hauled him out of the courtroom with Dave shouting that he was being assaulted. As the doors swung shut I could hear him shouting "YOU'RE ALL PERVERTS, YOU'RE ALL PERVERTS!". Simpson did not participate, just stood quietly and watched.
Turns out I didn't get my David's mixed up and the individual I identified as David Lange having the hissy fit at the hearing was actually David Smith. During that hearing names were being thrown about willy-nilly and I somehow attached Lange to the guy ranting at the court. He was the same guy I spent an afternoon with at the Chief Rock seminar but it was all first names there. Only figured it out at trial today when Lange was a no-show. Note that I've revised my signature accordingly. So to Lange, sorry about that.

On to today's mess. Apart from being a total incompetent at getting names straight I'm about as capable of finding the right courtroom as a blind mouse is at getting through a maze. I couldn't find our guys on the list and saw no signs of activity anywhere. I went to the court registry and they, for some reason, couldn't find it either. Just as I was pondering my next move Dave Smith (ex Lange) wandered by so I grabbed him and asked him what room he was being tried in. He recognized me and said he was glad to see me there, seemed sincere. I've found that about these guys in general. I write mocking, negative postings about them but they don't take it amiss.

Turned out to be Court room 102, a room I'd not been to before. I've spoken in past postings about the lack of security at the New Westminster court. Not in room 102! You end up at a glassed in counter with a very small room behind it (really a large cubicle), made smaller by the presence of three or four sheriffs. I had a backpack I had to pass through a partition in the glass for a very thorough inspection. Then I emptied all the contents of my pockets into a tray for inspection and went through a metal detector. After that it was arm's up and turn around for a wanding. Had to leave backpack in custody. The court access was a door on the other side of the room leading to a lobby. I went through this four times during the course of the day.

The courtroom presented intractable problems for accurate reporting. We onlookers were separated from the actual courtroom by a floor to ceiling glass wall. Proceedings were piped in by speakers but only the judge and counsel had microphones. None at the defense tables so I was unable to hear anything that the defendants had to say. Where I note defendant's comments it is because the judge repeated them, other times I've had to guess. Not many spectators, none I recognized. Court full of sheriffs. One sitting with us and three in the courtroom.

Court was supposed to start at 9:30 but was 40 minutes late, apparently because of audio-visual problems. Even then there were three issues before our boys. Big stuff. Number 1 was a woman on welfare who had been required to post a $200 peace bond. Being totally broke she had been allowed an installment plan and $50 was due today but she had only $40. So judge revised the schedule to pay the remainder off in revised installments due the Friday after she got each month's welfare cheque. Number two was some hapless guy who tried, and I think failed, to break into some cars for small change to support his Meth habit. Charged with mischief rather than breaking and entering or whatever the legal charge is for breaking into cars. I day sentence waived for time served and probation. Number three was equally weighty.

Then it was our boys. Dave Smith, Simpson and Dave Lange were called but Lange was a no-show. That's when I finally got it into my thick head that I'd mixed up the two Daves. Since Lange was on bail judge issued an arrest warrant from the bench. Crown explained that Ream had been severed and had a separate hearing at the end of March. Nobody really seems to want to go after him and there is apparently some kind of plea bargain in the works where he just has to write an essay about being a bad boy. Jody Vaillant had been stayed. Apparently he cooperated and provided some kind of information. Since Lange skipped that left Smith and Simpson, neither with counsel. There was a "duty counsel" in court who offered to represent them for the day but they declined.

David Smith and Andrew Simpson were sitting beside me in the spectator section so they got up and entered the court but Smith made sure to preserve his rights by stopping at the entrance and saying "I reserve all my inherent rights as I cross the bar". Wily chap; too bad he was tossed into the lockup in less than five minutes! Smith sat right beside Simpson at the defense table and kept talking to him. Judge told Smith to stop talking and move to the other end of the table. Smith refused and kept babbling something at the judge I couldn't hear but was obviously Freeman nonsense because the judge blew up. He said (paraphrasing) that he'd put up with this crap at the August hearing and he wasn't tolerating it again. If Smith didn't stop he'd be put into custody. He didn't stop so judge ordered sheriffs to take him in custody and he was suddenly gone through a side door.

Judge then had a chat with Crown counsel about guidance on how he should deal with Smith saying that "Mr. Smith is being disruptive making it physically impossible to proceed". So did the Crown have any suggestions? One problem was the Court's authority to toss Smith in the slammer. A contempt charge would have done it but the judge, for whatever reason, didn't want to go there, wanted to avoid contempt if possible. They agreed that 650(2)(a) of some act would work, it related to the Court having control over its own proceedings. This caused problems after lunch. As far as the actual controlling of Smith at trial Crown suggested keeping him in the slammer for the duration of the trial and having him participate by video. He could then be shut up by judicious use of the mute button.

So, at this point, we were down to the Nanaimo One. The judge wanted Simpson to make a plea about his two charges but Simpson played dumb. He had two counts, impersonating a Peace Officer and obstructing a Peace Officer. The obstructing was something about resisting arrest in Victoria. Simpson said he couldn't plead guilty or innocent because he didn't understand the charges. That got the judge going again. Said Simpson had been charged sixteen months ago so had plenty of time to figure out simple charges and if Simpson refused to plead then the judge was going to enter not guilty pleas on his behalf.

Judge asked Simpson if he had anything to say. While I couldn't hear him I could figure out what he said from the judge's comments. First he asked for a closed hearing. Judge said he couldn't do that, the hallmark of a democracy was the transparency of the court process through open trial (my phrasing). Simpson then suggested that the judge have a little private talk with Smith about his antics. No way, totally improper. Simpson then wanted a private talk with Crown counsel. No way the judge was authorizing that unless Simpson got representation. Judge suggested a meeting between Simpson, and the Crown with Simpson represented by duty counsel. The duty counsel said she first had to talk to Smith who, being locked up, got priority. Until then she couldn't represent Simpson because there might be conflict in acting for both. Turned out Smith refused to talk to duty counsel.

By this time it was 12:15 so judge called lunch, back at 2:00. One thing to point out about Simpson. Apart from the nonsense about not understanding the charges Simpson pulled no stunts, was respectful of court procedure, didn't babble Freeman gibberish, and kept quiet. Unlike Smith and Lange he was in damage control. I chatted with Simpson at the lunch break and he agreed his strategy was to stay quiet and not make a fuss.

The few spectators disappeared at lunch and I was the only non-participant when court resumed. First order of business on return was that Simpson had cut a deal with the Crown and was pleading guilty! Judge was concerned about this because Simpson was not represented by counsel. Judge asked Simpson how he could plead guilty when he'd just said in the morning he didn't understand the charges. However Simpson wanted to plead so judge didn't argue. Judge agreed to Crown's deal. Simpson plead guilty to charge 1, impersonating an officer. Charge 2, obstructing an officer, to be stayed. One day of jail time already served when he was arrested in Victoria, one year probation, 25 hours community service, and a $100 fine.

Simpson made an unusual request about his probation terms. He asked the Court to prohibit him from having any contact with the other four members of the Nanaimo Five during the term of probation. Judge said that was a request that usually came from Crown and wasn't necessary but Simpson wanted it so judge included it. He warned Simpson this didn't stop the other defendants from contacting him. Judge asked Simpson if he had anything further to say and he obviously had some comment about Chief Rock because the judge asked the Crown (paraphrasing) who the hell was this Hajistahenhway that Simpson was babbling about? Counsel said he was some guy pretending to be a notary but wasn't.

Next surprise was that Lange had been arrested and was in custody in court! Lange was brought into court but it didn't go well. Lange was put in the box with a sheriff on each side and the judge started talking to him about charges. Lange interrupted to tell judge he didn't understand who the judge was talking to when he said "you". We got into a "who's on first" conversation with the judge asking Lange how many "you's" were in the box. Well, there was the natural man and the strawman and who knows how many other "you's" the judge could be referring to so Lange just couldn't understand how to respond to the judge without knowing which you the judge was questioning. He told the judge "we are in understanding". Judge asked who "we" were and Lange went on his natural man, living man, whomever spiel again. Judge said the only person who could refer to themselves as "we" in his court was Queen Elizabeth so cut it out. Told Lange he better watch himself because his bail had been revoked and he was in custody and the judge was considering locking him up for the duration of the trial.

So Lange guaranteed himself room and board at the Crown's expense. He told the judge that, for some strange reason, nobody was willing to recognize that the trial was unnecessary because he'd made a "Special Appearance" at a prior hearing which exempted him from any further proceedings. He explained that this was why he hadn't shown up today, the trial was over. Judge had had enough and told him he would be held in custody for the duration of the trial for skipping bail.

After Lange was escorted out the Crown counsel brought up an awkward point about Smith's detention. Turned out that 650(2)(a) did not give the judge authority to place someone in custody, only evict him from the court. So the Crown suggested that something to do with Section 524 of the Criminal Code would do the job. However I missed the explanation how it worked and I'm not going to look it up. Smith was brought back in and judge told him that he would be taken out of custody if he agreed not to act up any more. However, like Lange, he wanted that free room and board. He demanded the judge give him a certified copy of something, judge said he wouldn't do that. Then he informed the Court that the Crown was in default of a Private Agreement. Turns out he'd sent the Crown a unilateral contract and, since he got no response, the Crown agreed to his terms which meant dropping all charges and he wanted the judge to do something about it.

"Anything else?" the judge asked. Of course! He had questions for the judge. If I agree to this trial am I contracting with you? Was the judge capable of holding a fair and impartial hearing? That got judge ticked off. Then he asked if it was even possible to get a fair and impartial hearing in Canada. Judge said that was a debate topic not a question. The next question he put to the judge was who did he work for? Do you work for a corporation? Who actually employs you? Judge said he'd had enough, court was over for the day and Smith was to be held in custody over the weekend with the question of custody for the duration of the trial to be determined by his behaviour on Monday. I'd say it's pretty certain he'll be in for the duration.

So you'll note we had two defendant's put into custody, something you have to work at in Canada on a non-violent offense, and one guilty and out, and the trial didn't even get started. The judge's final words were "I don't know what Monday will bring but I hope the trial cam commence". I second that.

Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

Great report, Burnaby! You really are our eyes and ears on the front line. I wonder if TPTB should add "chief correspondent" to your titles...

As an aside mischief (damaging or interfering with the enjoyment of property) would be the correct charge for breaking into a car if theft can't be proven. Breaking and Entering in Canada is only into a place (building, compound, etc) and requires at least the intent to commit an indictable offence. The sad thing is that if he was caught once he's sure to have broken into hundreds of cars, and will be back at it as soon as the ink is dry on his sentence.