The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Re: The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Mr. Ream is keeping us up to date on developments concerning the Nanaimo Three via his Facebook page. First, the good news is that Dave "the mother of process" Lange was released, presumably on bail, last Wednesday. Unfortunately, it looks like Lange then skipped a court appearance...
Alexander Ream
10 hours ago
Dave Lange was released on June 19th 2013. It didn't take too long before they issued another unlawful warrant for his arrest. Dave Lange is charged with "failure to appear" at the 222 Main St. Vancouver, BC commercial court. I was there as a witness that day and I have sent an affidavit rebutting the false claim they have made. They are liars and they have the legal system protecting them.
All of the Nanaimo Three are returning to court today. Mr. Ream is unafraid:

I have looked at some of the Facebook stuff and other references you supplied, and now I just can't get the theme song for the Three Stooges out of my head. I'm also picturing Menard as Shemp.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:All of the Nanaimo Three are returning to court today.
I am pleasantly surprised to learn that it is very easy to obtain 'after action' information on criminal proceedings in the British Columbia courts. The Nanaimo Three did indeed appear in court yesterday. The matters for all three accused have been set over to July 17, 2013 for a further hearing before a provincial court judge.

The cause for the adjournment appears to be that Big Dave "the mother of process" Lange has concluded it's time to get a real lawyer, rather than wave his magic documents.

I sense a guilty plea coming...

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Followed by plea bargains, or convictions all 'round maybe?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

It just keeps piling on. Ream has now posted a chunk of Crown disclosure materials online:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/150454057/Rep ... DACTED-pdf

The disclosure was provided in DVD format. Here's Ream's take on things:
Alexander Ream
These are the charges I received on June 26th 2013. It was contained in a DVD. I looked up the DVD they gave me. I thought the DVD was going to be some MK ULTRA ready to manipulate my mind with subliminals. In the DVD there was a PDF file called "Report to Crown Counsel - REDACTED.pdf" and that was the only thing in the DVD. There are 35 RCMP officers claiming to be witness that I was personating a Peace Officer. Also, 7 civilians claiming to be witness that I was personating a Peace Officer. There are no facts or evidence that I was performing a function of Government at the time of the complaints whatsoever. There are also no facts or evidence that I was PERSONATING a Peace Officer whatsoever. These statements are unsworn. No one is taking liability for the claims. These statements are merely legal opinions and the sole purpose of them is to deceive. I will make copies of this and I will send it back to them via registered mail saying that they will have to prove their claims by swearing their claims to be true. They will have to take full liability for their claims. They will be subject to perjury if they lie and they will have to provide proof of service. I will give them a decent amount of business days to write back.
So in response to your last comment, notorial dissent, I believe we can presume that at least one of the Nanaimo Three will not be 'pleading out' anytime soon.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent

Our boy really does sound more than a touch paranoid.

It doesn't much sound like he has a real firm grasp on what is going on or is going to happen either. A report is just a report, not the actual charging documents or proofs.

I really wasn't expecting sense to break out in that quarter, so I'm betting conviction is far more likely.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

notorial dissent wrote: ...I really wasn't expecting sense to break out in that quarter, so I'm betting conviction is far more likely.
I can't argue that. Ream and his colleagues are potentially in for a rough ride. From the RCMP disclosure it looks like the Crown has a mess of witnesses, photocopies of bogus documents that were used to assert peace officer status, video and photographic evidence ... not a good scenario.

If Lange has 'lawyered up', and intends to fight things 'straight', a conviction seems probable for the entire posse given the evidence disclosed. Now, were I Lange's lawyer, and given the Crown's evidence, I would suggest the logical thing would be to try to plead out, fling Lange's compatriots under the nearest bus, and hope for a lenient sentence or a short joint sentence submission.

This scenario does not leave a lot of strong legal defences. The best one I can immediately suggest is that someone in the posse misled the remainder as to their 'peace officer status', and the followers followed. In that scenario, the accused argue they never intended to pretend to be peace officers, rather they thought they really had that status. The problem the accused then face is that their misunderstanding is an 'error of law', not an 'error of fact'.

In Canada, it is a defence to a criminal charge to say that I never intended to commit a crime, I made a mistake in fact. For example, one may go to an office that says it issues driver's licences, receives what seems to be a driver's licence, but instead receive a forgery. If that person were to later be arrested for driving without a licence, then it would be a fair defence to say "But I knew I needed a licence, and I went to a place that said it issued those licences - I did not know this was a fake." The person acknowledges the law, tried to comply, but innocently failed in their attempts to conform to the law.

In contrast, it is not a defence to say that you know the law, but you're wrong. Taking a Freeman / Sovereign context, if an accused were to say that they, in all honesty, believed they did not need a driver's licence because they were not engaged in commerce and only "travelling", then their honest belief is no defence. Their error is they got the law wrong, and in Canada that is never a defence. Everyone is presumed to know the law.

So, if Ream or his compatriots were to say that they were darned sure that their phoney peace officer certificates did the thing, then they would be convicted. They are presumed to know the law as to who is and who is not a peace officer, and it does not matter if they honestly believed their magic documents had a certain effect. Guilty - off you go to jail.

But I doubt Mr. Ream will think that through.

And it does not strike me as likely that he will hire a lawyer to advance that argument.

SMS Möwe
notorial dissent

I think you have several really good points. I don't, at this point, see much likelihood of good sense breaking out anywhere in that camp from evidence presented so far. From all appearances, none of them would qualify for sharpest object in the drawer that at the best of times. Lange, and presumably company, don't see, comprehend, or believe that they might just possibly have done anything wrong, and instead seem to be firmly convinced that they haven't done anything wrong, and are in fact being persecuted. A sure and certain recipe for disaster in the face of something like this. He certainly doesn't seem to grasp that the report the Crown gave him simply detailed the witnesses they have against him and what they intend to charge him with, not the actual materials.

I think your summation of their position and chances is pretty spot on. As I see it, their only real hope is to plead really really stupid, something obviously no one would disagree with, and hope for leniency based on them not knowing what they were doing. I don't see this happening, however, due to my comments above.

Somehow, I can just see them representing themselves, claiming they were within their rights, and really going down in flames. Also the thought of them "arresting" the judge did wander through my mind, but I doubt they'll get that creative. Although, as someone once said, never underestimate the power of stupid.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Those looking for some numbing experiences may be well served by what continues to be spewed on Mr. Ream’s Facebook page. On his last visit to court he refused to stand for the judge and was detained as a consequence. But he made up for it when he seized control of the court and dismissed the action against him:
Okay so my court case pretty much went like this... Me "Are you Judge Walters?" Judge "Yes." Me " I would like to thank you for your hospitality, especially for the sandwich. It was good. On and for the public record. I'm here regarding that matter. My name is Alexander Ream. I am the Grantor & Sole Beneficiary of my legal name. I am here under protest & duress. I do not consent to the court proceedings, which is why I didn't stand up earlier. I am here to dismiss the charges. While you are all upholding your own court. I am convening my own court in Inherent Jurisdiction, which is a court of public record. I swear before God that I have not harmed anyone and that I have broken no contract. Crown, are you claiming otherwise and do you have sworn evidence? ...(awkward silence for 7 long seconds). We have an agreement of the parties. Clerk I would like to ask you... actually I am telling you to dismiss this case. I am being harmed every second and the harm will be aggravate if this case is not dismissed. I will seek remedy for the damages done to me." …
Being a sneaky fellow, he then signed his release documentation “Alexander Ream C.V.” because that means “under threat and duress.” But subsequently he learned “C.V.” meant “curriculum vitae” – but he wasn’t asking for a job!
Holy Notes! So the whole time I was supposed to use V.C. to signify that I signed under protest and duress. V.C. is Latin for Vi Coactus, which means "under constraint". I was using C.V. and it is Latin for Curriculum vitae, which is for seeking work. Sigh.
Thankfully there are others to offer yet more helpful guidance:
Bruce IntheFamily Codère
To sign is to sin. To autograph is to make the mark of a sovereign. To express stress and duress, you may add an ellipsis, meaning you have more to say, which must be a dispute, because there is nothing to add to agreement.
Saturday at 9:15am
All in all, pretty scary. This fellow has bought it all: hook, line and sinker. Repeated and public failure is not changing his conduct. Neither is a lack of support or loyalty from his “friends”: “It seems that they have their own agenda.” (ie. Lange lawyering up?)
It makes standing up for truth & liberty & love harder for everyone who seek to do so because there are a lot of ignorant people who are quick to hate what they don't understand and the phony sovereigns make it easier for them to hate. Somehow people fail to see other people as individuals. The people are quick to label you if what you do is similar to a phony organization such as the Freeman-On-The-Land.
Hmm. And weren’t you the person who a couple months ago was touring around in that Freeman-on-the-Land mobile, Mr. Ream?

Oh well, at least his peers are supportive, right Mr. Menard? (http://www.facebook.com/robert.menard.5 ... 1601070924)
It appears they were using the BC Coat ofArms in their documents. For the record, I advised them against that specifically.

The Group’sactions are informed by the FOTL concept that anyone can declare them self a peaceofficer and can decide to enforce their own set of “laws” against others.

That is a blatant misrepresentation of our beliefs. We do not believe that anyone can 'declare' themselves to be a peace officer. We do believe that we the people have the right to hire peace officers directly from amongst ourselves. This is supported by the definition of peace officer found in the criminal code.
Or not.

SMS Möwe
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

It’s been a little while since Alex and Co. had their last court hearing (July 17, 2013), so I thought I’d hop on Alex’s One-Way Hell-Train to Incarceration and see how things are going!

The court lists indicate that their next appearance is August 14, 2013. Mr. Ream and Lange are out on bail, while Mr. Smith remains in detention. Mr. Lange seems to have been quiet as a corpse online, probably following the instructions of his lawyer. Mr. Ream? Hell no! He’s a one-man talk-making machine!

First, he’s kind of annoyed that Robert Menard has not merely thrown him under the bus in Freemanistan, but has done the same on CBC radio (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXVP0oXfP0). Alexander replies (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... comments=6):
Alexander Ream
I have noticed many mistakes while watching the video. First of all I have never been contacted by the Police about impersonating a Police Officer and I have never impersonated a Police Officer. Second one is that the three that were arrested was Alexander Ream, David Bradly Smith and Dave Lange. Third one I am not a member of the Freeman-On-The-Land movement. What a surprise the Police is lying.
But … but … do we have to point out your ride in the Freeman-mobile again, Alex? Oh well, reality is contextual, I guess.

So ... a few messages back I tried to do a cheesy Freeman-on-the-Land Braveheart speech adaptation as a jest following the revelation that Mr. Ream watches that movie as a night before pre-hearing meditation for resistance to evil authority. Well, the morning of the July 17 hearing, Mr. Ream posted this on his Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... 3053025917)
Aye. Stand your ground as Sole Grantor, Sole Beneficiary, Director and CEO of your trust and you will win. Contract, and you'll lose... at least for a long time. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our public servants that they do not have our consent, and they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

BraveHeart 2.0 (violence is not necessary)
I bow my head to the master. My words pale in comparison.

So, on to the hearing! It turned out amazingly well – Alex had the authority to dismiss the case, but he will let the litigation continue – for Great Justice! (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... 6682942554)
Alexander Ream
July 19 at 2:08am

The court case on July 17th 2013, which is the most recent court case I attended to dismiss any charges. The Crown is not sure what to charge me with and needs more time to gather evidence. I could have dismiss the case, but I decided to let the Judge adjourned the case to August 14th 2013. This has been going on for about a month.

Bruce IntheFamily Codère
What did you say when they called your name?
July 19 at 2:12pm

Alexander Ream
I don't remember, but usually I say that I am the Sole Grantor & Sole Beneficiary of the legal person because I own all the equity in the legal person.
July 20 at 3:20am
Fascinating stuff. And Alex’s resistance to the tyranny of policy enforcement officers has begun to draw the media attention that is so very deserved. Celebrity awaits!
That was two hours I won’t get back, but in summary a few conclusions on my part: Kirk is the hand in the sock puppet and Ream is not especially fast on his feet. If there is anything interesting in this ‘radio’ broadcast it is the attempt by McDonald to teach Ream and Kirk about the basics of filing court materials to build and present an argument to the court. And frankly I found that bit fascinating because, though I’m not familiar with McDonald, it is clear he is an old-timer, probably from the Sovereign Man / Detaxer groups, and has gradually built up a layman’s understanding of court process. He still is utterly out to lunch on legal theory, but he does kind of know how to operate inside the apparatus.

How did Alex think the Global F.A.C.T. Radio show went? Well, he had made a comment that he acknowledged it didn’t go so well, but explained he was drunk at the time. Sadly, it appears Alex has deleted that message. Sorry – no direct quote.

In other news … the net is tightening and the Nanaimo Three has become the Nanaimo Four or More (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... 7026232853)
Alexander Ream
July 20 at 2:49am
I have been contacted and informed that the others who have sworn the oath to preserve our liberties have arrest warrants for them. One of them had the Police at his house. I don't know what happened. What is strange is that we are all under the same case number. What happens to one happens to all. That might be why they are purposely keeping us all from speaking hoping one of us slips. I have to end this case. My next court date is on August 14th 2013 at New Westminster Provincial Court.

Alexander Ream
He was arrested at his house by the Police. I don't know if the house was raided. They booked him and released him on a promise to appear.
July 20 at 3:05am

Alexander Ream
They really love enforcing contracts using coercion.
July 20 at 3:18am

Capri Adirim
"Liberties" is an admiralty/maritime term. It means privilege and not 'freedom' in the sense you think it does. Be careful of the words you use.
July 20 at 7:04am

Alexander Ream
Thanks Capri, but I was using common English not legalese.
Tuesday at 3:08am

Capri Adirim
Liberty means temporary and or conditional freedom. When a ship pulls to shore the Captain allows the sailors the liberty to leave the ship (but they must comeback on board). This is why the Statute of Liberty is on water. It cannot be on land because laws of the land gives (should give) true freedom, not conditional freedom.
Tuesday at 9:14am
You know, with advice like this, what can go wrong?

And now Alexander has embraced the miracle of documentation (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... comments=7) (http://www.facebook.com/alexander.ream/ ... 2692741953).
Alexander Ream
The redundant way I was mentioning was me not having any paperwork done and doing everything by speaking, which is not bad. I learned that it would be much more effective to have proper paperwork and things like that.
July 20 at 2:33am

Alexander Ream
Tuesday at 4:03am
This week I will be really busy doing paperwork. I have a better understanding of how the provincial courts operate. My approach will be even more effective and also it will be documented. Please do come to New Westminster Provincial Court on August 14th 2013 and witness as I am about to make history. I promise that this time I won't get arrested again for something ridiculous. See you all there!
I have two observations. First, what qualifies as “ridiculous” is, I believe, relative. That said, I have enormous confidence Alex will still achieve that standard, at least from my perspective. Two? I like paperwork! Putting paperwork before a judge often triggers written judgments! Reams and reams and Reams for me to read…

A snippet on the new player in our game, Brady Kirk. Here is his theory of how the only valid law is law that makes sense when you are drunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jBQM1EXvw

SMS Möwe
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

We've got some woo colliding here with Kirk - the One Peoples Public Trust/IUV Exchange Prosperity Scam is backing him big time as a champion of their nutty movement.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Do you have a time and location for the August hearing? Maybe I can drop in and watch the show.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I want freedom! Not just your run-of-the-mill freedom but the freedom to be passed out drunk with my wallet, cellphone, and ID gone! No problem. Just get drunk then wander through a few downtown Vancouver back alleys and the locals will do their best to accomodate you about the wallet and cellphone.

For those of you who watched Kirk's video on the freedom to be drunk (have to admit I kind of missed his point, god knows I get drunk often enough and nobody seems to be interested in stopping me) you get a free tour of Vancouver's brand-new multi-billion dollar public transportation system! At the start he is decending the stairs into one of our Canada Line underground train stations. This line was constructed just in time for the 2010 winter olympics. It runs from downtown Vancouver to, and past, the airport. He rambles on while standing on the platform and finishes off on the train itself. A slice of Vancouver life!

The construction was a major pain in the ass because they didn't tunnel underground. They dug a massive trench that bisected Vancouver north to south causing immense east-west transportation problems. They stuffed the trench with underground stations and lines then filled it up again. Works great for me, for $2.10 I can go right from my house to the airport, formerly I had to drive or take a $50 taxi ride.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm surpirsed that they used a trench rather than a tunnel. I've actually seen several videos of new subways being put in and the latest generation of mole machines is quite impressive. In one city, they were able to put in a whole new set of tunnels under the existing ones without disrupting any trains.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:I'm surpirsed that they used a trench rather than a tunnel. I've actually seen several videos of new subways being put in and the latest generation of mole machines is quite impressive. In one city, they were able to put in a whole new set of tunnels under the existing ones without disrupting any trains.
The issue was speed and cost. They had an absolute, and very tight deadline to get it done in time for the 2010 winter Olympics. The big issue was airport access. The Vancouver airport is actually quite close to downtown but there was no real connection except for traffic-choked streets. Cut and Cover, as the trench method was called, was considerably faster than underground tunneling because they could dig the whole thing out with brute force at one time along the entire line rather than slowly grinding through underground. Apparently it was a significantly cheaper method too.

I was wrong about it being entirely cut and cover. I checked online and found a portion was actually bored which makes sense given terrain and depth. Parts of the downtown portion were very deep, close to 100 feet and some were underwater so they had to be bored. The bored portions had a maximum depth of 98 feet while the cut and cover portions were, at a maximum, 46 feet. Only 1.6 miles was tunneled. The remaining 4.1 miles of underground track were cut and cover. The line comes up above ground just as it is leaving Vancouver heading south and crosses the Fraser River into Richmond. The Richmond portion, about 6 miles, is elevated on concrete columns.

http://www.worksafebc.com/news_room/new ... tsheet.pdf

Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

"Alex’s One-Way Hell-Train to Incarceration." Möwe, you get better with every post. They're going to give you your very own Quatloos nickname soon, my man, because you're becoming a legend around here.

In honor of this excellent quote, ladies and gentlemen.....Soul Asylum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtvqT_wMeY
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

LightinDarkness wrote:We've got some woo colliding here with Kirk - the One Peoples Public Trust/IUV Exchange Prosperity Scam is backing him big time as a champion of their nutty movement.
Could you elaborate a little on that, LIghtinDarkness? I defer to your detailed knowledge of the subject!

(and my brief poking around online struck out.)

SMS Möwe
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Burnaby49 wrote:Do you have a time and location for the August hearing? Maybe I can drop in and watch the show.
The hearing is scheduled for August 14 in the New Westminster Provincial Court. The exact time and courtroom will not be posted until the day before. The information will be available at this website:
You will want to check the provincial court lists item.

That same website provides a five-day rolling summary archive for the results of criminal proceedings. The tables are a little cryptic, but the website provides some Excel spreadsheets to explain abbreviations and the like.

To repeat an editorial comment I have previously made, I so very, very much approve of the way the B.C. courts have been making court information available online. Other Canadian jurisdictions should take note and follow the same approach.

The hearing promises much potential entertainment! And if we're really, really lucky, Alex will post his "documents" online for our study, and so that we can 'sing along'!

SMS Möwe
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

A quick unfocused response for two reasons:

1 - I'm drunk. Vancouver, hot summer, pub patios, beer, what can I say?
2 - I'm drunk. See previous post on this thread where I said:

For those of you who watched Kirk's video on the freedom to be drunk (have to admit I kind of missed his point, god knows I get drunk often enough and nobody seems to be interested in stopping me) you get a free tour of Vancouver's brand-new multi-billion dollar public transportation system!

So, now that we've settled that I'm not coherent enough for a reasoned response I'll comment appropriately tomorrow. However a point to make now. When I came back from my pub patio binge I had eight unread posts. Five were topics started by Hilfskreuzer Möwe. Möwe rules!

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'll see if I can attend the hearing. The New Westminster Provincial Courthouse is conveniently located just a few blocks from a Skytrain station.

notorial dissent

if nothing else, it should provide for some light amusement in an otherwise dull day, and who knows, they may do something really clever and double down.