The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby, amazing, thank you for your efforts, and my sympathy on your eventual suffering, those ribs will exact a price, and kudos on patience and forbearance to Mrs Burnaby, she has to indeed be a saint.

All I can say, is that was truly pathetic. He is so utterly and completely clueless as to be beyond belief. He certainly didn't do himself any good with his "testimony" and I really don't think there is much that leaves him any real wiggle room. I find the interpretation of the Canadian statutes a little different than what is normal here, at least in my state, you show up with a badge or what looks like police impedimenta, and you aren't, and make like one, it is an automatic serious felony, the courts and DA's have NO sense of humor about it at all.

I really don't know what the solution with Alex is, he is far too dumb to be out loose, and about the best that can come out of this is that he is permanently banned from contact with the other losers in this episode, but I really suspect he'll just fall in with someone else and get in to more trouble. Alex is a true follower, and has no sense whatsoever.

I think the judge was being incredibly kind by referring to Alex as "naive and unworldly", I suppose it is not judicially correct to just come out and say dumb as a post, but gees!!!

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Freemen like to pretend that we fotl debunkers are government agents.

But for me (I can't speak for others) my participation in the outing of freemanary is done with a kind regard for the likes of poor fools like Ream.

For every public case of some naive freeman wannabe like Ream or Lance Thatcher driven to ruin by fotl BS I fear there are several others who have, very privately, had their lives wrecked by freeman gurus and their half baked theories.

I had an old friend in the 1990's who bought hook, line and sinker what tax protesters, detaxers and sovereign citizens preached only to lose his fortune and family.

I believe our society often fails make a place for independent individuals and when we so fail I feel for the good hearted among freemen and freemen wannabes.

But there also needs to be a place for the helpless gullible sorts such as Alexander Ream. What pisses me off is that as far as anyone can tell the freeman cult hasn't done one ding dang thing for Ream except get him trouble.
notorial dissent

I think you are basically right as far as Alex is concerned. I quite honestly don't think he is smart enough on his own to get in to the kinds of trouble he has now found himself in, and I don't honestly think he has or had any kind of malicious intentions, which is more than I can say for his companions in crime, since I don't think they were ever really partners in any sense of the word. I am glad that the other charges were dropped, maybe there is hope that he will come out of this in better shape than he might otherwise.

All that the FOTL community has done, at least that I can see is throw him a rope with an anchor on the end of it, and he is just too damn dumb to see that. For a group that is supposed to be so concerned about the "natural man" and each other, I really don't see that happening with them. I do see a lot of infighting and backbiting, and plain old dishonesty, but that is about all. So far, all of the ones that come to mind have some kind of scheme to separate their brothers from as much money as they can, and very little else. As I said, I think Alex is a true follower, and the problem is that he picked the wrong bunch to follow and listen to, which tells me, he didn't have much of anything to build on and grabbed at the first thing that came along, regrettably, FOTL. I will admit that I am with the judge on one point here, where is/are Alex's family in all this? He needs to be gotten completely away from this crowd, and I don't know if it is going to happen.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:I think you are basically right as far as Alex is concerned. I quite honestly don't think he is smart enough on his own to get in to the kinds of trouble he has now found himself in, and I don't honestly think he has or had any kind of malicious intentions, which is more than I can say for his companions in crime . . .

All that the FOTL community has done, at least that I can see is throw him a rope with an anchor on the end of it, and he is just too damn dumb to see that. For a group that is supposed to be so concerned about the "natural man" and each other, I really don't see that happening with them. . .

Chief among the manipulators is Bobby Menard who put in the heads of freemen the incredibly
stupid idea that they can, by their authority alone, act as public police officers.

When Ream and his partners added to their crime by using the seal of British Columbia on their phony documents Menard saw the chance to throw Ream under the bus and avoid the basic fallacy of his C3OP idea by floating the notion that the Nanaimo Three failed because they didn't make themselves police officers according to his careful instructions.

In the course of Ream's trial Menard continued to play expert by giving Ream some very public, but useless legal advice.

I don't know of any freeman, including Bobby, who did anything to help Ream deal with the problems he has in the real world. No money, no useful counseling, no shelter, no food. . .no nothing.

Hells bells, according to Burnaby only Gregor Fpic Jahn bothered to show up at Ream's trial.

But to be fair to Bobby, he was probably busy in his cups.
notorial dissent

Like I said, rope with anchor attached.

I agree, Menard has done no one any favors with this, and I still don't get his "logic"?? If you want to be brave enough to call it that. I think I'll just stick with drink besotted maunderings.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

From what's been reported here, i agree, Ream is a natural follower. His mental state, which i would classify as "befuddled", is his mind's attempt to reconcile his situation with his conviction that the people he still thinks of as his friends would not have steered him wrong.

I'm thinking, if instead of freemanism, Ream had gotten into model railroading, or ballroom dance, or perhaps tole painting, he would have made a name for himself.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:Like I said, rope with anchor attached.

I agree, Menard has done no one any favors with this, and I still don't get his "logic"?? If you want to be brave enough to call it that. I think I'll just stick with drink besotted maunderings.
Bobby focused on the thing the Nanaimo Three did different from his C3PO scam and has since pretended that the use of the BC seal is the sole reason they got whacked.

The fact is the three did several things that constitute impersonation of a police officer.

The reality is that Bobby has gotten away with his "I'm a peace officer" charade because, as far as anyone can tell, he's done nothing more than tell tall tales about his C3PO exploits on the internet.
notorial dissent

Bobby is, as the saying goes, all hat and no cattle.

In other words, a blowhard of no substance or value.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

So 2PM May 29th it is. I'll be there although I can't say I face the prospect with much enthusiasm. However I might as well be on scene for the final ignominious defeat. I'm guessing probation.

In other news my fellow scrivener Gregor Fpic Jahn is seeking information about what happened yesterday afternoon. He has a plea for assistance posted on Ream's Facebook page;
Gregor Fpic Jahnposted to‎Alexander Ream
6 hours ago
had to leave the trial early. I know that "judge" was Rory Walters, so even if alex was prepared it would have been a railroading imho.
didn't hear from alex nor any of the other observers. anybody knows if alex is ok or what the happened after I left?
All the info you need is right here Gregor. Since there have been about 200 viewings since I posted last night somebody in Ream's circle must have checked us out. I know that the Chief is a frequent visitor.

Notorial Dissent said;
notorial dissent wrote:I think you are basically right as far as Alex is concerned. I quite honestly don't think he is smart enough on his own to get in to the kinds of trouble he has now found himself in, and I don't honestly think he has or had any kind of malicious intentions, which is more than I can say for his companions in crime, since I don't think they were ever really partners in any sense of the word. I am glad that the other charges were dropped, maybe there is hope that he will come out of this in better shape than he might otherwise.

All that the FOTL community has done, at least that I can see is throw him a rope with an anchor on the end of it, and he is just too damn dumb to see that. For a group that is supposed to be so concerned about the "natural man" and each other, I really don't see that happening with them. I do see a lot of infighting and backbiting, and plain old dishonesty, but that is about all. So far, all of the ones that come to mind have some kind of scheme to separate their brothers from as much money as they can, and very little else. As I said, I think Alex is a true follower, and the problem is that he picked the wrong bunch to follow and listen to, which tells me, he didn't have much of anything to build on and grabbed at the first thing that came along, regrettably, FOTL. I will admit that I am with the judge on one point here, where is/are Alex's family in all this? He needs to be gotten completely away from this crowd, and I don't know if it is going to happen.

My wife's position exactly. She thinks Ream is lonely, easily led, and fell in with the wrong crowd. Everyone else bailed leaving Ream twisting in the wind. From my observation sounds about right.

As always Mowe is well ahead of me. I identified Gregor as the guy in the hearing through a You Tube video I found just to have Mowe note that he posted the same video weeks ago. I'd watched it but didn't connect it to the guy in court, notwithstanding the distinctive facial adornments.

Mowe nailed the text Ream was relying on as his defense;
The text to which Alex was referencing is the Annotated Tremeear's Criminal Code (http://www.carswell.com/product-detail/ ... y-edition/). Personally I prefer Martin's Annual, but I know experts who go either way. I don't have Tremeear's handy, but I strongly suspect that the passage Alex referenced addresses where a person believes they have been appointed by the state as a peace officer, but for some reason that appointment is defective. That would be a mistake of fact and a possible defence to a charge of criminal misconduct. Quite different from Alex's situation.
The judge noted that there were numerous alternative publishers of the Criminal Code and that he personally, like Mowe, preferred Martins. Ream got quite upset when the judge said this. He asked "so you can pick whatever version of the law you like?" He seemed to think there were different publishers of the Criminal Code because there were different versions of the Code and the judge could pick and chose between the various publishers to use the version most adverse to the defendant. The judge explained that in all of the editions the actual Criminal Code, the statute created by Parliament that Ream was being tried under, was the same. The difference between the editions lay in the commentary and annotation. These are not law, just opinion, and carry no legal weight. That was obviously beyond Ream's comprehension.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

Not to mention, that regardless of which version he chose, he still ignored/missed the little and significant bit about "believes they have been appointed by the state ", doesn't say anything at all about self delusion. Alex doesn't seem to get the part about not being able to pick which parts of the statute apply, either it all applies or none of it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The freeman notion of equality is that each of them has the same authority as judges and governments. "We're all equal, right?", they say.

Their train of thought goes: since we are all equal, we all have equal authority and hence each individual (or group) can do anything governments are empowered to do by their constitutions. To freemen this means they can create money, make and enforce their own law, create their own courts. . .and in the case of the C3PO and the Nanaimo Three create their own fully empowered public police force.

Putting aside the legal and constitutional absurdity of this belief, at a practical level, one can't help but be horrified at the thought of the likes of Ream and Menard acting as police officers.
Last edited by arayder on Fri May 23, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well at least Gregor has figured out the time and place. Maybe I'll see him there. I can't argue that Alex could really use some help but probably not the type his little band of Face Book followers have been giving him so far.
Gregor Fpic Jahn
well, the good news is alex is fine considering the railroading, crowns case seems to be finished, continuation thursday 29th of may. 2pm I believe.
alex could really use some help.
...ideally before he gets to stand infront of Rory "the actor" Walters again.
To be specific on where the case currently stands both sides have finished entering evidence and all that is left is Ream's closing statement. He was in the process of doing this when the judge called a halt to proceedings. He appeared to have no idea of the purpose of this part of the proceedings, or any other part for that matter. Since this is his last shot Alex might be advised to try and prepare something that approaches a valid closing statement.

Alex, this is where you tell the court why the crown is wrong and why you are innocent. Claims of sincerity and lack of malice won't cut it, everybody (including me) believes you were genuinely sincere but you have to have a defense in law. All that really matters (as the judge specifically told you) is whether or not you falsely represented yourself as a peace officer as stipulated in 130(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
130. (1) Everyone commits an offence who

(a) falsely represents himself to be a peace officer or a public officer; or

(b) not being a peace officer or public officer, uses a badge or article of uniform or equipment in a manner that is likely to cause persons to believe that he is a peace officer or a public officer, as the case may be.

Marginal note:Punishment
(2) Everyone who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Focus on answering that.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent

Regrettably, those six little short sentences will have completely eluded Alex and what passes for his thought process.

Sadly, attack and acquisition of sense, I expect that his closing statement on Thur will be a repeat of his wandering narrative, and will not address any of the real issues, and by which the judge will not be persuaded.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

I know ignorance of the law is no excuse, as both Freemen and us statist shills like to say. But, IMO, Alex if you're reading this, tell the truth in court, say that you were misled by Menard and Chief Rock into believing that claiming you were a peace officer was lawful and hope that is enough to get you a reduced or no sentence.

You were already offered an out with the essay you refused to write, don't end up like the other Nainamo gang. You're young, you don't want a criminal record haunting you for the rest of your life and you certainly don't want a criminal record while the guys who induced you into this go free. You don't owe any allegiance to Menard or the Chief, they made money by lying to you and now you're stuck with the consequences.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

I think that ship has sailed and in true freeman form, alex didn't buy travel insurance. All that remains is the final consequence. He received fair warning in his brief visit back around page 4.

A sad story. If he would reveal his guru we would be able to add a tally of victims to that person.

I suspect the penalty may be harsher for him as he would not accept reality and would be unlikey to comply with a conditional order. Closer to Lange's sentence.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Since the final battle of Mr. Ream is coming up, I figured i'd do another 5 minute to honor the occasion.

I must admit though, that 4 of the minutes was splicing the pantless legs into the avatar...
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

And a brilliant job indeed! Thanks.

I'm certainly hoping it is the final round. I'd much prefer to sit in on a Dean Clifford or Glenn Fearn hearing. I have high hopes for Rory Hawes however.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9980

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

After over a week of silence Alex posted this on his Facebook page last night;
May the 29th 2014 at 2pm. New Westminster Provincial Court room# 206. There will be one more trial and that should be the last one. Come and witness if you want. Any type of support is appreciated.
Be interesting to see how his supporters respond to a request to actually make an effort. Since "Any type of support is appreciated" I assume I'm included in that invite.

LordEd

Post by LordEd »

That depends if support means "an accurate recording of the day's event to serve as a warning to others".

However, it may mean"cutting the rope on a chandelier, swinging with a pen in hand to save him from the Judge (who will sprout fangs at this point for dramatic effect). While swinging over the desk, you MUST sign an order hidden on the judge's desk that is all that is needed to clear the defendant, AND when you land, you MUST make a Schwarzenegger sarcastic one-liner before leaving through the courtroom doors to the applause of the audience.

All with broken ribs, of course.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:That depends if support means "an accurate recording of the day's event to serve as a warning to others".

However, it may mean"cutting the rope on a chandelier, swinging with a pen in hand to save him from the Judge (who will sprout fangs at this point for dramatic effect). While swinging over the desk, you MUST sign an order hidden on the judge's desk that is all that is needed to clear the defendant, AND when you land, you MUST make a Schwarzenegger sarcastic one-liner before leaving through the courtroom doors to the applause of the audience.

All with broken ribs, of course.
Hey, sounds doable. I think it has at least as much chance of success as Ream winning the case on its legal merits.