Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby49 wrote:Why is he immediately trying to become a parasitic deadbeat here in B.C.?
Uhh. It's his level of competence?????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Tuba Cain
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Tuba Cain »

Burnaby49 wrote:In my prior post I said, in respect to Port Alberni,
A very pretty spot but ground zero for unemployment in British Columbia. That probably won't bother Dean.
I've been to Port Alberni a couple of times; as I recall it seemed very economically depressed and reeked of pulp mill. Really is an odd place to choose.
Why is he immediately trying to become a parasitic deadbeat here in B.C.?
Because that's what he's good at. Always play your strengths.
"The only thing which may accurately be said of a man who believes himself to be a poached egg is that he is in the minority" - James Burke, "The Day the Universe Changed"
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I used go through Port Alberni often on our way to Tofino. Twenty years or so ago our family would spend a week there every summer. Tofino is booming. It's now upper-end and priced out of our range. It specializes in places like this;

https://www.wickinn.com/

We used to stay in an A-Frame unit right by the beach to the right of the hotel.

Port Alberni is dead. The difference is that Tofino has fantastic beaches and the Pacific Ocean and Port Alberni is an inland mill town in a dying industry. We were in Port Alberni this summer on a Saturday and the downtown was just empty. Most stores seemed closed and no foot traffic at all. It was a great little hunting, fishing, family town when pulp and paper was a big industry but that is largely gone and took away the town's employment. So a great spot for Dean since he doesn't even have to pretend to look for work.

He said in a post that he is checking into hunting and fishing so I'm assuming he is there for recreational and welfare purposes rather than employment. I doubt he's been employed in decades. Given the very high unemployment rate in the area it gives him good protective cover. He actually lived, as I've said, in an unheated shack so maybe he didn't want to spend another winter freezing in Ontario. Port Alberni, in fact all of Vancouver Island, has very mild winters by Canadian standards and he's probably exhausted all of his parasitic possibilities in Ontario.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean seems to have finally found himself a home. A hobo jungle!

https://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/post ... 7969192921

He's staying at Qualicum Beach, one of the nicest spots on Vancouver Island which, in turn, is one of the nicest spots in British Columbia. Qualicum Beach is a small but affluent village very heavily skewed to retirees. My wife and I spent a week there in the Summer of 2015 in a rented apartment condo right on the beach. We did day trips all over the area. Being just a youngster of 67 I found all the old fogies somewhat depressing but my wife loved the place.

Dean's residence is somewhat different. He's still staying in that mobile dumpster and, notwithstanding his statement;
Here is a video walkabout of the tiny home community (Qualicum Beach Vancouver Island East) where Lee, Mel and I have magically landed.
He is not walking about in Qualicum Beach but in what seems to be a very seedy small mobile home park way out in the woods. Everything is very sodden. Get used to it Dean; that's why the west coast is nicknamed the Evergreen Playground. The entire south-west coast of British Columbia is a rain forest and winter is very wet here. We are forecast to have 26 days of rain in Vancouver this month and Qualicum Beach gets just as much. Dean seems pretty spry for a guy who plans to suck off the government tit by claiming he's disabled and needs welfare. Maybe that's the real reason he left Ontario. The welfare and benefits tap ran dry and he's moved on to what he hopes are greener pastures as far away from Ontario as he can get in Canada.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote:he's moved on to what he hopes are greener pastures as far away from Ontario as he can get in Canada.
Well, there's always Ellesmere Island. 200K km2 and less than 200 people - one person per 1K km2. A sov's dream.

Go for it, Dean!
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's picked a wet time of year to become a British Columbia resident. We have a new record for rainy days in October, 28 days of rain in the month. Beat the old record by two days. And November is shaping up to be no better. Dean might find it a bit uncomfortable in that tiny mobile dump he shares with the two owners.

That's just a preamble to a question I've been asking myself and I think I've finally answered. Why Vancouver Island and why Qualicum Beach? A little village on the periphery of the country seemed a strange spot out of all the locations he could have chosen. Not that he actually chose. True to his parasitic nature he's just going wherever the host he's attached himself to, the van owner, goes. So why did they go there? And where is 'there', that conglomerate of tents, trailers, shacks, and abandoned vehicles he now calls home?

The answer lies in his Facebook links. This is the text of his walkabout Facebook posting where he shared his new home with us;
Dean Kory added a photo and a video.
October 29 at 11:47am ·
Here is a video walkabout of the tiny home community (Qualicum Beach Vancouver Island East) where Lee, Mel and I have magically landed.

The others here are a wonderful ,interesting & eclectic mix of like minded & AWAKE sentient souls!

https://www.facebook.com/BC.Community.T ... A/?fref=ts
So who is Tiny House,CA and why is Dean advertising for them?

A bit of research indicates that Dean has washed ashore amongst like-minded people. Dean's Facebook article links to "Turtle Island Tiny Homes". Well, that sounds familiar, because it's owned by Kirsten Shaw and Michael Hunt:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... ent=safari

This is the relevant portion of that publication;
ENTERPRISING COUSINS TEAM UP FOR SUCCESS

Two local businesses teamed up in Oceanside on Wednesday, February 10, 2016. Not an unusual event, except that in this case the two businesses are owned by local First Nations entrepreneurs, cousins Ken Sim and Michael Hunt. Michael Hunt, a Band Member of the Qualicum First Nation, owns Turtle Island Tiny Homes with his wife Kirsten Shaw.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 marked the completion of the latest tiny home project for a local resident of the Oceanside area. Turtle Island Tiny Homes enlisted the services of White Hot Transport Ltd. to move the “Tiny” to its new home. White Hot Transport Ltd. is owned by local First Nation entrepreneur, Ken Sim. White Hot Transport Ltd. can move anything, and this latest project confirms just that! Moving this 8.5’ x 33’ tiny home was a snap! And with White Hot’s separate 24-foot cargo trailer, household moves are made easy. Ken simply drops off the trailer for you to load, or he will gladly assist you if needed. White Hot Transport is fully insured and can easily tow 5th wheels, trailers, and RV’s, all with the company’s transporter plates and garage policy for your protection. Cars, motorbikes, and trucks are all transported inside the 24 foot cargo trailer, where they stay safe.
Who are those two? They were senior members of the Tacit Supreme In Law Court, a group we've previously considered here on Quatloos;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9463&p=172867

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9579&p=168811

Part of that gang who tried that abortive seizure of Crown land in northern Alberta. In fact, Michael got himself arrested for playing peace officer!

http://globalnews.ca/news/869341/squatt ... d-dispute/
Squatters leave home at centre of Freeman-on-the-Land dispute

CALGARY- Late Friday night, police confirmed the six squatters that were still inside the Parkdale duplex at the centre of a controversial tenant dispute had left.

Early Friday morning, police arrested Andreas Pirelli, whose real name is Mario Antonacci, for outstanding warrants in relation to an alleged assault in Quebec.

Pirelli is a ‘Freeman-on-the-Land’ and came under fire after staking a claim on the duplex he was renting, changing the locks and refusing to leave.

Once a Canada-wide warrant was issued, Calgary Police were able to arrest Pirelli. However, a number of other people remained in the house and refused to leave.

An eviction notice stated that the house had to be vacated by Friday at midnight. Police say the remaining people inside the home left without trouble, before the deadline.

One person who was in the northwest home was arrested on unrelated warrants without incident.

Michael Shane Hunt, 40, of Calgary, was arrested on several unrelated warrants, including obstruction, impersonation of a police officer and five Traffic Safety Act warrants.
Tiny Turtle Island Homes seems to have started in Calgary Alberta;

https://www.facebook.com/TinyHouseCalgary/

But is now also operating in British Columbia. Qualicum Beach to be exact. Their address from Yellow pages online is;
5874 Isld Hwy W, Qual B, BC V9K 2E6

Get directions »

Design your own customized Turtle Island Tiny Home! Start by finding the right house model for you, select the floor plan and choose your layout options with your sale rep. From there select from an array of standard options and upgrades all while learning more about our houses. Once you have the perfect home, select your delivery option, and submit your custom Turtle Island Tiny Homes to our experts.
http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/British-C ... 89499.html

Google maps puts that address just north of Qualicum Beach on the old Island Highway. A bit of background on the Island Highway. Vancouver Island is huge and very sparsely populated. It more or less extends on a north/south axis with a spine of mountains down the middle separating the east and west coasts. Until 1953, when the highway was built, there was no continuous north-south road. The highway wasn't much, just a two lane road that hugged the east coast of the island because that is where the bulk of the population resides. Fine in 1953 but the population exploded (relatively speaking) in the 60s and 70s and the highway was soon completely inadequate. All traffic took it, including heavy vehicles, semi's, tanker trucks, whatever, and, since it ambled through every town and village on the coast there were huge delays and traffic jams as semi's crawled through Qualicum Beach, Parksville, Bowser, and every other spot with a few houses and some stores. It essentially broke small towns into two portions at busy times. So in the 1980s the provincial government built a brand new six lane north-south highway inland of the old highway and turned the old one into a scenic secondary route. That is where Tiny Homes is now located.

If you check out Dean's walkabout video he walks out from his from his soggy hippy commune along a dirt road that ends at a two lane road which looks, to me, very like the old Island Highway. So it's my guess that Michael Hunt decided to make a new start here where he apparently has family and he's getting a like-minded group tagging long to join him. The hobo jungle is on some property owned by Hunt or somebody associated with him and is somewhere on the old Island Highway. So maybe we have something new in the freeman line bubbling up behind the scenes in tiny bucolic Qualicum Beach!

notorial dissent

Why is it that WHENEVER I hear someone say of themselves that they are "AWAKE sentient souls" that I feel a troubling in the Force the equivalent of a giant belly laugh?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:. . . So it's my guess that Michael Hunt decided to make a new start here where he apparently has family and he's getting a like-minded group tagging long to join him. The hobo jungle is on some property owned by Hunt or somebody associated with him and is somewhere on the old Island Highway. So maybe we have something new in the freeman line bubbling up behind the scenes in tiny bucolic Qualicum Beach!
That makes sense Burnaby. Maybe the back-to-the-land branch of freemanism has finally found a safe homestead on which they can attempt to make their dreams come true. It reminds one of Belanger's old trailer homestead. Whatever happened to that ole boy anyway?

Since the beginning the freeman excuse has been to blame the man for stopping them from getting to the freedom and prosperity they say they are supposed to achieve.

I don't think any of these guys really appreciate how hard the pioneer life can be. My guess is that, like Belanger, the crew will rely heavily on government checks and cheese and still won't make it work. I think that faced with the choice of working in the garden and putting new roof on the cabin, or going into to town pick a pointless fight with some authority figure, the Qualicum Beach crew will pick the latter.

--------
Dope Clock: It has been 93 days since freeman guru Robert Menard promised to bring legal actions to secure precedent setting judgments. So far there is no documentation of a single legal action by Menard.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's apparently got lots and lots of time on his hands. At least he's posting up a storm on Facebook; he's made 40 posts in the last 12 hours. I guess it's raining too hard for him to go for another video walk. Usual dead-in-the water OPCA stuff. Admiralty courts, capitalization, natural man, corporate persons. Dean's lost in nostalgia, reliving the 90's when all things were new and possible.

But one upbeat note! He's offering his services for gainful employment. He claims to be experienced at inking tattoos. He posted this nine hours ago;
Dean Kory
I have 34 years experience, I offer clean, quality, private service at your location and at a reduced rate compared to outrageous retail shop prices.
Contact me on facebook (Dean Kory) to arrange a consultation.
Although, personally, I wouldn't consider this to be a selling card;

As an inducement he's also included a link to a video of some woman getting a tattoo on her ass. I don't recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYbelPiYMSE

notorial dissent

Oh, great, now we have back alley tatooists, or whatever you would call them. EWWWW!! Just think of all the charming diseases you could be exposed to, and I'll bet he's so cheap because he uses the same needle and inks all the time. Considering Deano's past reputation for quality of work I just can't see any recommendation here. This might be one of those cases where having your arm rot off would be the lesser of two evils.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Oh, great, now we have back alley tatooists, or whatever you would call them. EWWWW!! Just think of all the charming diseases you could be exposed to, and I'll bet he's so cheap because he uses the same needle and inks all the time. Considering Deano's past reputation for quality of work I just can't see any recommendation here. This might be one of those cases where having your arm rot off would be the lesser of two evils.
Shhhhh! You are just going to give Dean the idea that he can offer cheap back-alley amputations as well!
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've finally located Dean exactly. In a recent video he's walking along a beach which he said was in the First Nation Campground in Qualicum Beach "just across the road from where we are staying." Well, just across the road from the entrance to the campgrounds is 5874 Isld Hwy, the address that the Yellow Pages gave me for Turtle Island Tiny Homes. This is inside the Qualicum First Nations reserve. Google Street View shows a mailbox with that address at the entrance to the dirt trail that Dean walked out of in his first walkabout video. So that slum is Turtle Island Tiny Homes and what I thought were shacks thrown together from discarded scraps of waste building supplies are actually examples of the products for sale by Turtle Island.

Dean contradicts my statement that they went to Vancouver Island with the intention of meeting up with Michael Hunt. As he tells it that was just chance;
Dean Kory
Yesterday at 11:16am ·
Now that I have been here in BC a couple of weeks, I am certain that this was indeed the right choice for me.

When my friends and I first crossed on the ferry to Vancouver Island we checked out Victoria and then decided to head north to Port Alberni, a beautiful valley town!

We met a nice couple that offered us the use of their shower and they cooked us a dinner and let us crash in comfort for a few nights giving us a break from sleeping in the truck at a Walmart parking lot. The people are so friendly and amazing here. It truly is somewhat of a culture shock compared to Ontario.

We then got a mesg. from my facebook friend who happens to live on a First Nation reserve, not too far away, in Qualicum Beach and he and his wife generously offered us a place to park the truck and get the camper off, a chance to get our barrings and put down some roots.

These folks are down to earth, living simple and in a natural state, They are creating a community of "Tiny Homes" living in a way we should all be trying to achieve, low impact, self sustainable, in a way this future should be heading, Togetherness at it's finest!
Which leads me back to my first question. Why was Port Alberni their initial destination? A very odd spot to pick from Ontario.

His current location gets a thumbs-up from various readers;
Steve Moloney
Vancouver island is one of the most beautiful places in the world and I've been to a lot of spots.
Cecilia RamirezCamacho PamelaEden
Love Vancouver Island!! stayed at the Tin Wis Resort many years ago <3 Victoria is a beautiful town :) A beautiful place to be at.
Burnaby49 can certainly agree with both of those sentiments. Vancouver Island is fantastic, just, in my opinion, not as fantastic as Vancouver. Victoria, for its size, has an absolute wealth of craft beer pubs. Wife and I are going to Victoria for a few days this month. My wife has a 102 year old friend there she visits from time to time and we have friends we stay with in Duncan, another great spot.

Tin Wis is a Best Western beachside hotel in Tofino, on the far west coast of Vancouver Island from Dean. When our kids were young we'd spent a week every year in a rented A-frame just off the beach in Ocean Village, a resort immediately adjacent to Tin Wis. I know all of these places very well.

bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

So dean Kory done got himself a wood burning stove for his poorly built truck camper. So two people, all their shit, a couple of beds and a wood burning stove. Lol. I can't imagine how fun it is to be there.

Now I'm going to bet it's some shady home built he Learned how to make at youtube university.

Now normally I'm all for living in rv's and doing it yourself. It's largely how I live.but it needs a little effort. A solid brain and so home crafting skills. I don't think he has the brains or ambition to gather firewood little own build a functioning wood stove.

Go on Google and look up diy rv wood stove. The odd good one but mostly total crap. Worth the laugh to look up.

Now here is a real rv wood burning stove
(I may be buying one of these units): https://www.unforgettablefirellc.com/ki ... ood-stove/

And here is a video of proper wood stove install in an rv: https://youtu.be/9H2AXMrspFg

Now how many steps did this dean, the meathead, skip on the installation?

I'm guessing it burns up while they are driving. I got 5 quatloos on wind down chimney while driving blows hot coals out and shizam! Here way house fire.

I love watching the Olympic games of freedumb. This time I might need some hot dogs.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm not going to engage in this petty criticism of a man just striving to be free of all societal obligations while doing his best to make that society support his deadbeat ways. Instead I'm going to try and help by making a suggestion.

Dean, that mobile tinder-box you live in seems as flammable as a gasoline soaked rag. So don't sleep with that stove between you and the door. If that plywood death-trap catches fire in the night you probably have next to no chance but you'll have none at all if the fire source is between you and the only exit.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

i'm also concerned about inadequate ventilation and carbon monoxide.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:i'm also concerned about inadequate ventilation and carbon monoxide.
Ventilation? Take another look at the picture of his mobile death-trap that I put up in this post;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9391&start=100#p235255

There's no visible ventilation designed into it at all. Just a sealed plywood box with a door. Apart from leaving the door open the only ventilation I can see is in the various gaps in the misaligned seams. This picture, I assume, is taken in the box. At least he has a steel sheet behind the stove;

And here's a picture of it with the back open;

You can watch a video of him walking around his shantytown here;

https://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/vide ... =3&theater

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

It's the modern version of natural selection, folks.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: Image

the fuel source stored on top of the stove is a nice touch.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

He might just be drying it out. Very wet in Qualicum Beach the last few weeks and I assume that he's been scavenging his wood. I hope that backscreen is actually metal as I'd guessed and not fiberglass.

notorial dissent

My question is did he use the special insulated/fireproof section that is supposed to go through roof or wall. They are vitally necessary for that type of stove considering how hot they can get, and those sleeves aren't cheap. Cheap AND stupid are often a fatal combination.

Smart people usually dry their firewood in front of the stove, not on it, once it goes from wet to dry it can combust fairly quickly and easily.