Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

Ninja - Are you mixing up Dean Kory with Dean Clifford? I don't recall Kory ever being armed and dangerous. This is the Dean that moved frpm a shack in Ontario to the hobo jungle at Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island then everything went downhill from there.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

You are correct sir!

Delete or move please. My brain must have switched places.

Honest mistake.
Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

bmxninja357 wrote:You are correct sir!

Delete or move please. My brain must have switched places.

Honest mistake.
Peace
Ninj
Post deleted.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Hmmm, I was just about to post a reply, now I must modify it a little. Here's a summary of Deano's life status:
1. Him and his bother have a few legal issues, none of them major that are grinding their way slowly through the courts. Last time I checked on their status they have been told to obtain legal council and come back in August;
2. Dean and Darcy are basicly living in whatever homeless shelter they can find;
3. Many shelters (a very significant proportion) in Canada are run by various religious organizations;
4. Deano has found God and therefore deserves special treatment;
5. Notwithstanding the above, somehow he can't find himself able to live in shelters run by the Sally Ann or Hope Mission, religious organizations with a century or so experience dealing with the dregs of society and are very good at detecting those who are just trying to play the game for a place to sleep or extra privileges in the crowbar hotel.

Ninja wasn't far off the mark. I'm speaking from personal experience so it's therefore anecdotal evidence but Deano is just working another scam, hoping for mis-placed sympathy from the religiously inclined.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

You left out, notwithstanding his offer to do yard work, a fierce aversion to gainful employment. Just about the first thing he did when he arrived in British Columbia was to go searching around for a doctor who would certify him as disabled so that he could receive British Columbia disability benefits. Since he has no apparent disabilities and is currently living in shelters I'm assuming he couldn't convince a doctor to give him a helping hand.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I have to agree here, I find Dean's offer to actual do manual labor a bit out there, since he has resisted that with his every act since he descended on your lovely area. I suspect it will be a case of him asking for the cash up front and then disappearing before anything is done. That would certainly be within keeping with his past behavior.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to have turned over a new leaf, just that the likelihood is up there somewhere with me winning the Miss America pageant.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Well he has two fantastic spots to be a derilect in bc to go. The mean streets of Kelowna and the brutally rough mining town of nelson. Thats the one with the statue of an american draft dodger. Hell i lived on the beach there for 2 weeks. Couldnt have starved if i tried.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Been a while since I reported anything of substance on Dean. It was last July when I noted that he'd been kicked out of an emergency shelter in Victoria on Vancouver Island and was starting a self-sacrificing lifelong vendetta to expose the evils commited in the shelter and bring the perpetrators to justice. He was suing the RCMP and he'd even found religion!

All of that seems to have lasted a week or two then got filed down the memory hole. Not a word on Facebook since then about any of these issues. In fact no personal word in months. He has himself down as living in Duncan on the Island, nice town, I stay there frequently, but that's about it. All of his Facebook postings for the last few months have been cut and pastes of stuff from his Ontario days and his nonsensical intrerpretations of statutes. It's been three weeks since he's posted anything at all. But, surprisingly, we have to give him credit for this much; he seems to have managed to fit into Duncan to at least the minimum extent that things haven't blown up in his face yet again and he's had to move on. But even that's just an assumption on my part. He may be long gone from Duncan. He seems to have become uncharictaristically reticent about his triumphs and tribulations.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: He seems to have become uncharictaristically reticent about his triumphs and tribulations.
Prehaps he has realized that "....[T]old by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: He seems to have become uncharictaristically reticent about his triumphs and tribulations.
Prehaps he has realized that "....[T]old by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."
Which certainly fits Kory to a T. Maybe he's gainfully employed and ashamed to admit it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric

Post by eric »

..... typing rapidly - my eye surgeon is restricting my computer time.
Here is my take on where the little lamb has gone, taken from BC Courts Online service
Document Accused Cnt Location Date Time Room Reason Result Finding Canc.
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Nanaimo Law Courts 31-Jan-2018
09:30 AM 109 FT
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Nanaimo Law Courts 22-Aug-2017
11:11 AM JCM FXD SBS
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Nanaimo Law Courts 22-Aug-2017
09:00 AM 109 AHR IBJ
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Duncan Law Courts 15-Aug-2017
12:00 PM 002 JIR IBC
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Nanaimo Law Courts 15-Aug-2017
09:00 AM 222 AHR WI
Here is what the various codes mean in summary. He didn't show up for a court date in Nanaimo on 15 August so a bench warrant was issued (WI). He was picked up in Duncan the same day and released back to Nanaimo where his trial is dragging on. And where is he now is the significant question. Simple answer, he is a guest of the queen... Even getting released on own recognizance has as a basic condition that you show up for all court appearances.

Document Name Access In Custody Year Of Birth
82563-1 KORY, DEAN Russell 1 Y 1968
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That would fit since he hasn't posted anything on Facebook since August 25th. Maybe he thought he was outside of the Nanaimo RCMP's jurisdiction since Duncan is a whole 45 minute drive away.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've lived in British Columbia almost seventy years and my last run-in with the police was in 1976 when I got a speeding ticket. Kory has been here less than a year and it's been constant uproar and confrontation since he arrived. The poor guy must be having a string of really bad luck.

notorial dissent

Maybe it's just me, but I have this impression that Dean would have to have a full brain transplant just to work his way up to dullest knife in the drawer. Speaking of which, doesn't he have and equally not with it brother at large, or am I remembering someone else?
eric

Post by eric »

Yes, Dean has a brother Darcy who was involved, and charged in the same incident. He also has an assault charge from that incident which is a little more serious. Originally they were to be tried together but the participants were split on or after 4 July. Darcy seems to be following the conventional route and comes up for trial on 11 Dec. Dean is trying all sorts of delaying tactics when he does show up - typical FMOTL foolery of needing "particulars" of the charges and being told by the court to obtain a lawyer. Somehow I don't think the Jordan decision will apply to him if that's what he is trying for since the Crown can just point to his brother and how his delay was just ten months.
notorial dissent

Which means the brother is either smarter than Dean, like it would take much, or much less energetic about getting himself in trouble.
eric

Post by eric »

No, Darcy is a fairly unpleasant character with an extensive criminal record as has been mentioned previously. That being said, he is what they call as "institutionalized". In his world these are minor charges that will net him a few months, even with his record. Obey the terms of your release, keep your nose clean, maybe even get some sort of employment, and he will be out by spring.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jordan applies to all defendants but the thirty month limit only applies to delays which can be attributed to the Crown and the court. If Dean is fooling around delaying things that doesn't contribute to the Jordan total.

notorial dissent

eric wrote:No, Darcy is a fairly unpleasant character with an extensive criminal record as has been mentioned previously. That being said, he is what they call as "institutionalized". In his world these are minor charges that will net him a few months, even with his record. Obey the terms of your release, keep your nose clean, maybe even get some sort of employment, and he will be out by spring.
Well then, maybe they won't have to worry about staying warm this Winter.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

This is Dean's latest Facebook entry, posted August 25th. I'd have to say it doesn't indicate any willingness on his part to act reasonably when he gets his day in court. It's not difficult to see why he has so many difficulties in and out of court.
Stupid Questions For Jack Ass Judges
2017 Editions
Judge - How do you plead?
Answer - Is there a sworn complaint or affidavit of probable cause filed by the prosecution from which the court might acertain probable cause, other wise required to dismiss if unable, or will the court infer and substitute facts and fabricate evidence in your imagination for the prosecution, and file a false report affirming a finding of sufficient probable cause to bind the case over for trial and demanding a plea, where none has been provided by the prosecution as would be required, manufacturing a case from the bench, engaging in judicial misconduct and some creative accounting, commiting lible and defamation slandering my character ?
If your gonna start lying about this case and prosecuting from the bench on the first day, Im here to inform you that you waive judicial immunity with me, and we can settle this like gentelman outside.
You must be smoking something if you think your gonna flip the servant master role on me little brother and cheat at the poker table. Dealing from the bottom of deck would get you shot under the table in the old West.
Is this a level playing field, or a rigged game?