Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's life continues its relentless downward spiral. He and his brother just got kicked out of a Salvation Army shelter for indigents in Nanaimo! He was there because he got kicked out of the Hobo Jungle. I see a pattern emerging.
So my brother and I were forced to stay at The Salvation Army shelter when The RCMP and the Court made us homeless. My brother witnessed a junkie with a knife threatening another "CLIENT" who was in the shower and could not see the danger. My brother reported this to the staff, (a girl at the front desk) who then sent a male staff member to go deal with this issue. My brother was buzzed into a locked area where this was going down to assist the male staff and he had to disarm the junkie and give the knife to staff. A short time later the shelter staff made a false accusation against my brother saying HE intimidated the staff and was kicked out. The Salvation Army is trying to sweep this under the rug.When the staff kicked the junkie out they also gave him back his knife. Only an hour or so later that junkie saw me on the street and attacked me too!

I did some digging and found out that the RCMP and the shelter are violating the privacy rights of everyone who signs the contract to stay there under their "GOOD NEIGHBOUR AGREEMENT" that states they provide all the names and birthdates of all overnight guests to the RCMP on a daily basis.

I will keep you all posted as to the progress of our Civil Court filing to the Supreme Court of British Columbia!
https://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/post ... 0382342392

I assume that the civil court filing relates to something to do with Michael Hunt, the owner of the Hobo Jungle property where they were recently evicted. Or maybe he's suing the Sally Ann for violating his privacy rights by making him identify himself before he was allowed to stay there.

Nanaimo is the second largest city on Vancouver Island and is directly across the Straits of Georgia from Vancouver. There is a major ferry route from Horseshoe Bay north of Vancouver to Nanaimo, certainly the route that Dean took on his way to Port Alberni on his initial arrival. I often drive through Nanaimo when I visit the island. Dean's confirmed that he's in Nanaimo by posting the picture below on Facebook. That fountain, as pathetic as it is, is a city landmark. I remember it as a kid. I think it was built for the provincial centennial celebrations in 1958. At least Dean can still afford cigarettes so he's not hit rock-bottom yet.

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I expect the two brothers were forced to leave Hobo Haven as part of their bail conditions - threatening and assault charges usually result in bail conditions that include you staying clear of the threatened person(s).
I assume that the civil court filing relates to something to do with Michael Hunt, the owner of the Hobo Jungle property where they were recently evicted. Or maybe he's suing the Sally Ann for violating his privacy rights by making him identify himself before he was allowed to stay there.
I checked the BC Courts site and couldn't find anything so it may be just hot air. I certainly don't expect him to get far in his claim that the Sally Ann violated his rights by making the names of their residents available to the RCMP. They fall under the same classification as hotels probably in this particular case and have to do so under this act: http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/ ... g/96205_01
Hotel Guest Registration Act
2 (1) A keeper of a hotel must provide and keep a suitable guest register for the registration of all persons provided with sleeping, housekeeping, camping or other accommodation at the hotel, and all those guests must be registered in it.
Inspection of records
4 The registration records must be open at all times for inspection by a constable.
BTW, I recognized the location as Nanaimo as well. I've stayed there quite a few times and it's a good centrally located base camp for exploring the island.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:Dean's life continues its relentless downward spiral. He and his brother just got kicked out of a Salvation Army shelter for indigents in Nanaimo! He was there because he got kicked out of the Hobo Jungle. I see a pattern emerging.
So my brother and I were forced to stay at The Salvation Army shelter when The RCMP and the Court made us homeless. My brother witnessed a junkie with a knife threatening another "CLIENT" who was in the shower and could not see the danger. My brother reported this to the staff, (a girl at the front desk) who then sent a male staff member to go deal with this issue. My brother was buzzed into a locked area where this was going down to assist the male staff and he had to disarm the junkie and give the knife to staff. A short time later the shelter staff made a false accusation against my brother saying HE intimidated the staff and was kicked out. . .
Now there's some sound judgement (not). . inform the shelter of someone you think is a knife wielding resident and when they take action make sure to put yourself in the middle of the situation. Are we supposed to believe that the center staff so trusted Dean's brother that they let him into the secure area where he was then called upon to disarm the "junkie"?

Oh, please. . . .
coffeekitten
Pirate
Pirate

Post by coffeekitten »

arayder wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Dean's life continues its relentless downward spiral. He and his brother just got kicked out of a Salvation Army shelter for indigents in Nanaimo! He was there because he got kicked out of the Hobo Jungle. I see a pattern emerging.
So my brother and I were forced to stay at The Salvation Army shelter when The RCMP and the Court made us homeless. My brother witnessed a junkie with a knife threatening another "CLIENT" who was in the shower and could not see the danger. My brother reported this to the staff, (a girl at the front desk) who then sent a male staff member to go deal with this issue. My brother was buzzed into a locked area where this was going down to assist the male staff and he had to disarm the junkie and give the knife to staff. A short time later the shelter staff made a false accusation against my brother saying HE intimidated the staff and was kicked out. . .
Now there's some sound judgement (not). . inform the shelter of someone you think is a knife wielding resident and when they take action make sure to put yourself in the middle of the situation. Are we supposed to believe that the center staff so trusted Dean's brother that they let him into the secure area where he was then called upon to disarm the "junkie"?

Oh, please. . . .
He tries to look like the victim but his story makes no sense.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

arayder wrote:...nform the shelter of someone you think is a knife wielding resident and when they take action make sure to put yourself in the middle of the situation.

But this is not unexpected behavior from the likes of egomaniac losers like the Korys. Their behavior is designed to always make sure that they are in the middle of the situation so as to be the center of attention - even if it will be to their detriment. "Hey, look at me, I saw this problem, I reported the problem and then I tried to solve the problem. And no one appreciated it."

Of course if Dean's brother's actions had resulted in someone getting knifed, then the blame would have been shifted to other shoulders: "If they had only let us handle the situation, this could have been avoided."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

coffeekitten wrote:He tries to look like the victim but his story makes no sense.
The freeman subculture is populated by some of the worst story tellers on the planet.
eric

Post by eric »

Dean's problems with the Sally Ann stem from the original confrontation by Darcy with another resident and some staff members. When the staff kicked out Darcy they were simply following the rules of the BC Hotel Keepers Act:
http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/ ... g/96206_01
Offence — causing a disturbance
6 (1) In this section, "disturbance" means a disturbance of the peace of an occupant of an inn by fighting, screaming, shouting, singing, or otherwise causing loud noise in the inn.
(2) An innkeeper or an innkeeper's representative, must request that a person who is causing a disturbance
(a) desist, and
(b) if the person fails to desist or again causes a disturbance, leave the inn immediately
The staff aren't really given much discretion - they must boot Darcy or face fines. I really like this definition of a person they must evict though:
In the terms that have been used by the courts, an innkeeper can refuse as a guest a person who is,
"drunk, disorderly, filthy or profane, a person looking for a fight, a thief or other criminal, a keeper of a bawdy house, a person guilty of offensive conduct or unpleasant habits, a person suffering from a contagious disease, or someone so mentally deranged as to disturb the peace and quiet of the inn."
So Dean's brother gets the boot so Dean figures it's time to plot revenge. He claims that the shelter didn't do "full disclosure" that its "Good Neighbour" policy wasn't fully explained to him, in particular they had to register their residents. Again there is a provincial act requiring this, as I have allready mentioned:
http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/ ... g/96205_01
Dean is tilting at windmills gain, upset that he has to use his name rather than a strawman.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

In this section, "disturbance" means a disturbance of the peace of an occupant of an inn by fighting, screaming, shouting, singing, or otherwise causing loud noise in the inn.
Canada has some strange laws. I know that in different parts of the world inns are actually required to have that kind of behavior occurring on the premises or people will just not patronize the site.
eric wrote: He claims that the shelter didn't do "full disclosure" that its "Good Neighbour" policy wasn't fully explained to him, in particular they had to register their residents.
Yes, there is that "blame-the-other-guy mentality showing up again.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
eric

Post by eric »

The Observer wrote:
In this section, "disturbance" means a disturbance of the peace of an occupant of an inn by fighting, screaming, shouting, singing, or otherwise causing loud noise in the inn.
Canada has some strange laws. I know that in different parts of the world inns are actually required to have that kind of behavior occurring on the premises or people will just not patronize the site.
Don't worry, there's a policy on that but that's covered under the liquor regulations. I posted a link to the BC Hotelkeepers Act. Wait till you take a look at the Ontario version of the act:
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90i07
Lien on horses, etc., and power to sell
(2) An innkeeper, livery-stable keeper or boarding-stable keeper who has a lien upon a horse, other animal or carriage for the value or price of any food or accommodation supplied, or for care or labour bestowed thereon, has, in addition to all other remedies provided by law, the right, in case the same remains unpaid for two weeks, to sell by public auction the horse, animal or carriage on giving two weeks notice of the intended sale
:shrug:
Anyways, on a slightly more serious note, Dean may actually have inadvertently stumbled upon a valid claim against the Sally Ann. As part of his "full disclosure" argument he states that they only publicly posted the cover sheet of their "Good Neighbour" policy that required him to give his name and birth date on registration. Under the terms of the act, appropriate portions of the act, often with "rules of the house", are to be posted in a prominent place. In Canada, that's most often on the door to your room, along with fire exit instructions and assorted other junk that no-one ever reads. If they didn't post all that, he may have a claim against them and never realized it. He would still have to give appropriate personal details but he has to be told beforehand.

As a side note, there are even regulations defining what personal detail can be required, how long that information can be kept, and what it can be used for. I was peripherally involved in an employment tribunal (unjust dismissal) where the employer and innkeeper were severely admonished for passing information about check in and out times to build a case against an employee. I was a witness, it was my ex-employer, I knew about the practice, and it just gave me one more (very private) reason to decide to leave.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Since his attempts to collect disability welfare from the British Columbia government don't seem to have worked out maybe he's planning to sue the Salvation Army. He has to get an income from somewhere and apparently gainful employment isn't under consideration.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

How low do you have to be to sue the Salvation Army merely because you want money for smokes and beers?

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To be fair to Dean I just note it as a possibility. But since I can't find any trace of anything he's filed in the Supreme Court of British Columbia conjecture is all we have to work with.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

In the terms that have been used by the courts, an innkeeper can refuse as a guest a person who is,
"drunk, disorderly, filthy or profane, a person looking for a fight, a thief or other criminal, a keeper of a bawdy house, a person guilty of offensive conduct or unpleasant habits, a person suffering from a contagious disease, or someone so mentally deranged as to disturb the peace and quiet of the inn."
Canadian FMOTL bingo card?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
eric

Post by eric »

Periodically I check in on the further adventures (relentless downward spiral) of the brothers Kory. Still no mention on the BC Courts web site about their supposed law suit against the Sally Ann. That being said, they have achieved the rare feat of being kicked out of a Cambie Hostel. Cambie runs hostels on the west coast that have a reputation of being very cheap (20 bucks a night), bed bug ridden, but come with their very own dive bar attached. I'm sure that Burnaby49 would never dare enter such an establishment since they only serve Molson products. That being said, in my own younger days.....
https://www.facebook.com/dean.kory?fref=nf&pnref=story
As usual it was a violation of house rules and they're suing everyone involved:
My brother and I went to stay at a hostel called the Cambie in Nanaimo. We paid for five nights and on the first night my brother met a girl. He spent some time with her in the room and apparently this was against hostel rules so a janitor brought the manager to our room and forced their way in to search. The girl had already left by this time. The police were called and my brother and I were arrested then released in the morning without charge When we returned to the room we found that all our money had been stolen. what a crazy city this is. We are filing charges and a claim against The Cambie's staff. I'm pretty certain even the hotel act doesn't allow forced entry.
Some of the comments are worth a laugh in themselves. It was all an evil plot by the innkeeper to kick them out when they foresook her advances for younger fare...
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Dean Kory wrote:The hostel manager is an ugly older woman who earlier that night was trying to hit on me in her bar. She kept interrupting me when I was flerting [sic] with younger sexier ladies.
Or maybe it was because the manager had figured out Dean was up to no good and was trying to derail him from getting into another woman's room.
The janitor that forced his way into our room was making inappropriate sexual comments to my brother about his morning wood.
Well, now maybe Dean understands why they have strict rules on having people in the same room who are only thinking about getting sex.

eric

Post by eric »

Canada is full of these dive bars with attached hotel or hostel and they follow generally the same depressing format. The bar patrons are composed of alcoholics, the semi-homeless looking for a place to crash, and some cheap hookers of both sexes. If a patron hasn't found appropriate companionship a few hours before closing just indicate to the object of your desires that you have a bottle in your room and that you should retire to your private quarters to finish it. For the safety of all involved and to mitigate police notice the bar management tries to clamp down on this sort of thing so that's why the Kory brothers got the boot. That being said, visiting one of these establishments is always good for relieving the monotony when you're reliving vacation experiences. I could tell you some tales..... :naughty:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I see a pattern emerging. Kicked out of Hobo Heaven, Kicked out of the Sally Anne, Kicked out of the Cambie Hostel. Charges laid against them, jail time and lawsuits against the RCMP, the Cambie, probably the Sally Anne and the owner of the Hobo Heaven. Maybe they're even suing a deer that Dean saw run across the highway!

This is just so overwhelmingly sad. He arrived in British Columbia like it was the promised land and, after all of his Ontario heartaches, he'd finally found his peaceful paradise in Qualicum Beach. Abundant salmon, his own tiny home, like-minded friends, fresh air and the ocean at his doorstep! All he needed to make it perfect was to get his welfare approved. And it's all gone completely to shit. According to Dean's FB they are victims in all of these events so it can't be anything to do with their behaviour. That only leaves pure bad luck or a deep state government plot against them. Or maybe it's the downside of Dean's irresistible sexual magnetism;
Dean Kory The hostel manager is an ugly older woman who earlier that night was trying to hit on me in her bar. She kept interrupting me when I was flerting with younger sexier ladies. The janitor that forced his way into our room was making inappropriate sexual comments to my brother about his morning wood.
Still, an impressive record given that Dean arrived on Vancouver Island with a totally clean slate in late October last year. He's done all of that in about five months.

At least it gives Dean something constructive to do;
Dean Kory
I got this!..I was getting bored and now I have lots of claims to write
I agree with one part of one reply;
Gloria Helman
Sorry you and your brother are going through so much abuse......Maybe time to move to a new area.......prayers you both get justice
A new area might be just the ticket. Alberta is very nice in the spring. Ball's in your court eric.

We have a Cambie hostel in Vancouver, in fact THE Cambie on Cambie Street in Gastown. I believe the chain was named after it. I pub there fairly often.

http://cambiepubs.com/

http://cambiepubs.com/cambie-gastown/

The building started life as the Carleton Hotel in 1899 and is now a very popular pubbing spot which, I can assure you, serves much more than Molson products.
Canada is full of these dive bars with attached hotel or hostel and they follow generally the same depressing format. The bar patrons are composed of alcoholics, the semi-homeless looking for a place to crash, and some cheap hookers of both sexes.
My kind of bar companions! However that doesn't describe the Vancouver Cambie patrons. The place is always packed with young people, largely the activist and backpacking crowd. If you want to get a protest organized or a pro-marijuana petition going the Cambie's the place to find support.

The last time I had one of Molson's fine products was in the worst dump in the worst part of Vancouver, the Balmoral Hotel pub. I wrote about it here;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10492&p=208589#p208589

I had no choice in my beer selection. The only product sold at the bar was draft Molsons Canadian. The Balmoral is now closed. A slight problem with the building being so structurally unsound that there are concerns it might collapse.

Philistine
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Philistine »

Ah yes, Canadian dive bar/hotels. Reminds me of the time our band was booked into the Mattawa hotel when we were doing a small northern trip.
We pulled in, unpacked and went up to the room. The floors were a little sticky even up there. I looked around and thought, I've slept in worse places. We went on for the first set playing numbers from a new CD release. Suffice it to say, the patrons wanted top ten stuff and weren't happy with the self indulgent set the singer wanted to play.
The local rubbies and drunks started throwing shit at us. It was literally like the Blues Brothers without the chicken wire.
We escaped to the room while our "manager" (the singers girlfriend) got on the phone for reasons I didn't know at the time.
Turns out she got us a gig the same night in Sundridge and we quickly packed the gear and travelled down there.
The crowd was more receptive there and we got paid for both gigs, so I see nothing wrong with the divey type hotels, and have stayed in them more times than I'd like to admit, in my younger years. :D Probably had a few Molson's too.
Export. Molson's Export Ale. Or Golden. ;)
eric

Post by eric »

All right, I will 'fess up. I have a great affection for the traditional Canadian Dive Bar - generally referred to as a hotel. The beer is cheap and cold, and the service is excellent once you become a regular. (memories of 21-ups at the Prospect in Sudbury - 21 beer for 5 dollars). I met my wife to be at the Grand Union Hotel in Kitchener aka Tommy's Place aka The Grand Onion. Her claim to fame is to be one of the few people ever banned from Tommy's for an entire year. I won't mention why since we have a reputation to maintain but it involved a tape measure and a rude remark that started a brawl. :mouthshut:
In any case, and to get back on topic, the thing that amazes me is how the Kory brothers managed to lose their lodgings. Canadian "hotels" serve a useful purpose of providing cheap alcohol and cheap lodging for those who can't afford any better. Very often they have some sort of problem that results in them not being able to fit into normal society. It really takes a lot to get removed from one.
Side note - I've drank at the hotel in Sundridge and even stayed at the hotel in Mattawa - trip from Hell in winter up from Barry's Bay trying to get through to Temiskaming, average speed about 30 kph due to an icey highway and moose on the road. Walked into the hotel at closing time, asked for a room, no problem. Charged me ten bucks for the night since I was on the road again by 7 in the morning and they probably weren't going to have any other guests.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Poor poor Dean, picked on and abused and defamed where ever he goes, it's a plot I tells ya, a plot, when all he wants is just a little piece. Image And some grift...

It does take a certain amount of talent to get thrown out of that many dives in that short of a time and be totally innocent.... Image :snicker:

I wish I could work up some sympathy, but I'm just fresh out at the moment.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.