Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

It’s kind of pathetic that the first notice I have had of this particular new generation OPCA guru-to-be is when I learn he has been arrested. Oh, sorry, “kidnapped”.

Dean Kory hails from southern rural Ontario. The report on InLindsay.com (http://inlindsay.com/man-threatens-judicial-system) is brief so I will reproduce it in full:
Man Threatens Judicial System

A 45 year old Lindsay man was arrested by City of Kawartha Lakes Police Wednesday at 9:40 a.m. accused of attempting to intimidate and threaten our Justice system participants.

Following recent involvement with our judicial system, Dean Russell KORY was arrested yesterday after posting a series of social media rants threatening numerous justice system participants with bodily harm and death.

Mr. KORY has been charged with threatening to engage in violence against a justice system participant, and uttering a threat to a justice system participant. He was held for a bail hearing.
But that’s not Dean’s entire public history. Let’s work backwards. The Kawartha Lakes Police Service (http://www.facebook.com/kawarthalakespo ... 3685426539) on May 14, 2013 reports Dean has been skipping his court appearances:
Male Arrested For Disregarding Court Date

A 45 year old Lindsay man attended our office Monday May 13th at 10:15am on an unrelated matter only to find himself arrested on a warrant for not showing up in court on Friday. Dean Russell KORY found himself charged with an additional charge of failing to appear in court. Mr. KORY was detained in custody pending a bail hearing Monday.
Dean responds:
Dean Kory
I was in court to deal with my matters and asked for direction from the court about the identification of the accused.Judge Chester said he was looking for the "person" DEAN KORY and i asked what a "person " was as defined in the criminal code,he refused to answer me! I'm out on bail again and i will ask my trial judge the same question again...stay tuned for what will only be an interesting update!

Dean Kory
At my bail hearing,the Crown said i "improperly identified"myself...so what is the legal definition of "properly identify"?They asked for the "person"and in law a person is a fiction...they then said i "failed to appear"How can a fiction "appear"so i deposited the birth certificate with the court so DEAN KORY was now in the custody of the court!When i was arrested 2 days later when i signed in at the police station,the police gave me a reciept for the birth certificate and the certificate back! WTF!
WTF indeed! Yes, I can see how that would be confusing. When you interpret everything through a gibberese filter.

But I’m sure he’s living a healthy lifestyle. Right? Right? Oh dear, no... (http://inlindsay.com/cannabis-leads-to-court-date)
Cannabis Leads to Court Date

A Lindsay man will be attending court on July 4 after he was found to be in possession of a small quantity of cannabis marihuana Friday evening, May 31 [2011]. City of Kawartha Lakes Police were called to St. Lawrence Street at 11:35 p.m. to check the well-being of a man lying unconscious on a sidewalk. Officers located an intoxicated male who was unable to safely care for himself. A search incident to the man’s arrest discovered a small quantity of cannabis.

45 year old Dean Russell KORY of Lindsay was released from police custody when sober and charged with possessing a controlled substance.
Ok, well, at least he’s not a violent person. Darnit! (http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ ... noring-ban)
SEPT. 17 MISCHIEF TRIAL SET

A 42-year-old man charged after an ongoing dispute at a rooming house in December will go on trial Sept. 17 [2010].

Police say at about 9 p.m. on Dec. 3 [2009] a man began knocking on his 63-year-old neighbour's door, challenging him to a fight.

Eventually the man kicked in the neighbour's door causing about $150 in damage, police said.

He entered the neighbour's room, but noticed he had armed himself with an axe handle, police said.

Dean Russell Kory is charged with two counts of mischief under $5,000.

Kory will represent himself unless he decides to find a lawyer that can defend him on that date.

Kory was originally charged with mischief under $5,000 and break and enter. Those charges were withdrawn by the Crown on Tuesday and replaced with two charges of mischief under $5,000.
Well, his friends know he’s innocent: http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory
James Allan
Is there any truth to the claim that Dean was threating bodily harm or death to persons in the justice system? I would sure hope not.

Andrew Langevin
nope he was threatening the system through knowledge and them through charges and billing.
Oh ho – is this the long awaited test case to evaluate whether in Canada advancing a fee schedule is a basis for a criminal intimidation charge? Could Dean truly be the revolutionary leader who will gather and convey his fellow Freeman to the promised land / Remand Centre?

Anyway, Dean’s Facebook page is a wealth of stuff. The photos page in particular has a nice assortment of documents, including:
And Dean belongs to a positive plethora of Freeman-on-the-Land groups (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/groups), many of which are entirely new to me.

Dean is particularly active in THE TENDER FOR LAW (http://www.facebook.com/groups/tenderforlaw/), where he has offered his services as a teacher of law and wisdom (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 4443660766)

But here’s the one that kills me – the Freeman-on-the-land Anti Defamation League (http://www.facebook.com/groups/184910821561524/) Folks? We are in trouble. They’re going to reveal our bigotry to all.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

Kind of makes me humbly proud to be a Canadian.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It really is not an auspicious beginning to your career in gurudom when your first blip on the scene is in threatening violence to anyone, let alone "Justice system participants".

So this started when he got picked up as a passed out drunk, and they found marihuana on him, and charged and released, and then he skipped out on his hearing. And apparently has a penchant for kicking in doors as well. Definitely non-violent!!! I figured it had started over a traffic ticket like ours down here usually do, but no, this one had to get creative.

Such a promising future ahead of him, I can just tell.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

I'd missed these in my previous post. Apparently Dean Kory thoughtfully recorded his in-court appearances on May 9, 2013, before Justice Lorne E. Chester:

"What is Dean Kory?" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQps0FWP86g

"At this point I am not sure who or what I am.": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEcKY6uLso

"Dean Kory is the name on the birth certificate and I have the birth certificate with me and I would like to deposit it with the court": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyuGztHOETE

Oh, this may not turn out so very well for the beneficiary of the Dean Kory trust...

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

That first one illustrates what happens when judges don't know how to handle these people. You don't engage with them. All that does is turn the whole courtroom into a stand-up, Abbott and Costello "Who's On First" comedy routine. It's very simple to deal with these people, and this is how I would have handled it:

Judge Chados: Call the next case.

Clerk: State v. Kory, case number 13-1.

Judge Chados: Are you Dean Kory?

Kory: I'm the beneficiary to that trust.

Judge Chados: Sound the court for Dean Kory.

Pause while the bailiff calls for Dean Kory, Kory stands at the podium laughing, and there is no other response.

Bailiff: No response, Judge Chados.

Kory: I'm the beneficiary to that trust, ma'am. I'm right here.

Judge Chados: Issue capias, no bond hold, first appearance judge not to modify. You may go, sir.

Kory leaves the courtroom, still laughing, later to be arrested. When he appears before me in prison scrubs shortly thereafter, he isn't nearly so amused and I ask one question:

Judge Chados: Are you Dean Kory?

Kory: I'm the beneficiary to that trust....

Judge Chados: Provisionally appoint the public defender. No bond hold, set arraignment in thirty days. Step to your left, sir.

I have seen exactly this done by one of our now-deceased judges. The moron-in-question pled out time served after case management conference, about 60 days following his arrest. and when she asked him his name, he gave it immediately and without bullcrap, begging to be allowed to get out of jail. And he has not been heard from since.

God bless you, Judge. You knew how to control a courtroom.

The secret to these pinheads is one thing: They cannot abide being confined. Every single one of these that I've managed to keep locked up longer than two months without exception comes to me begging for a deal, any deal, to let them go free. Just lock their stupid butts up behind chain link, and let them stew til they get that the state court system may not be something they agree with, but they have the real, hard power to lock your ass up in chokey til you get that simple fact. And they will get it.
notorial dissent

I have to agree, otherwise, they do just get worse and more aggressive, and they think their nonsense works, not to mention spreading that they got away with it this time, when in fact all they are doing is wasting the court's time and resources, and eventually making it harder further on down the road.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Y'know, reading this, I had a flashback to that illuminating moment, somewhere around the time I learned to walk, that Mama Will Spank...now that's a reality check. Betcha that judge had kids!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

I generally agree with Chados and notorial dissent. A firm hand is appropriate with most of these folks. And on that point, I note that Dean may be getting the lesson because the last few posts on his Facebook page are unanswered pleas:
Jordan Rosenzweig posted to Dean Kory
Friday
Dean where are you man? Haven't seen any good posts lately? If anyone knows what going on with dean let us know so we can give him some support.

Bruce Botcharposted to Dean Kory
June 26
dean, are you safe yet?
Oh dear…

A key point is to not answer questions. I read this quite marvelous transcript from a local area judge engaged with a Freeman-on-the-Land. Paraphrasing, it started this way:
  • Judge: We are here today for a motion by Mr. Doofus McFreemanson. You are Mr. McFreemanson?

Mr. McFreemanson: Yes, but I have some questions before we start and …

Judge: No – in this court I ask the questions and you give me answers.

Mr. McFreemanson: But all I want to know is if this is a common law court? Do you have jursdiction as a common law court?

[This question is almost always present in the scripted in-trial routines run by Canadian Freemen.]

Judge: I don’t answer questions - you do. Do you understand what is the common law?

Mr. McFreemanson: Yes, I’ve studied the common law a lot. I know what it is. Is this a common law court?

Judge: Explain to me the principle of stare decisis.

Mr. McFreemanson: Uh … uhm … uhh … is this a common law court?

Judge: You obviously know nothing of what is the common law and how it works. Proceed now with your application, Mr. McFreemanson.
Needless to say, the application was dismissed.

SMS Möwe
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

Cathulhu wrote:Y'know, reading this, I had a flashback to that illuminating moment, somewhere around the time I learned to walk, that Mama Will Spank...now that's a reality check. Betcha that judge had kids!
She was a great-grandmother when we lost her last year. And her courtroom was the old-fashioned kind of court where you feared the hell out of her, and respected her whether you agreed with her rulings or not. They don't make them like her anymore. She used to drive me bananas with her liberal sentences but if you brought her the right facts, like a thief or sex offender, the defendant better have a toothbrush in his pocket at sentencing because she'd bring the pain every time.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Well, it’s been about a month, so I thought I’d see how Dean Kory is doing. Silence.

But he is not forgotten, as his supporters are mounting a fierce campaign of nagging telephone calls!
(from various Facebook sources)

Who-are You Frisbey
should we all call and complain that they have our friend kidnapped

Who-are You Frisbey
I told them I was taping it and they didn't object and then we got into the dirt of everything they were like all you can't use it as evidence I don't consent blah blah blah

Greg Andrews
I SAY WE DO A "CALL FLOOD" TO THE LINDSAY CENTRAL EAST D.C. AND THE LIDSAY CITY POLICE AND THE CROWNS OFFICEAND TELL THEM TO RELEASE DEAN RUSSEL KORY IMMIDIATELY.JAIL IS xxx-xxx-xxxx AND LINDSAY POLICE IS xxx-xxx-xxxx AND THE CROWN S OFFICE AT LINDSAY COURTHOUSE IS xxx-xxx-xxxx

Melissa Buckingham-Russell
What were his charges? I personally know how useless Lindsay's Police Services are.

Greg Andrews
I THINK IT STEMS FROM VIDEOING IN THE COURTS AND ENDED UP WITH UTTERING OR MAKING DEATH THREATS FOR COURTHOUSE STAFF ETC .EITHER WAY ITS TRUMPTED UP GARBAGE BULLS___.THESE LINDSAY POLICE HAVE BEEN VIOLATING HIS RIGHTS BIGTIME.HE DOESNT HAVE THE BANK ROLL TO PUSHBACK...THERE WAS SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT ON DEANS FACEBOOK PAGE THAT SOMEONE HAD POSTED.ALL I KNOW IS AMERIKANS STAND UP WAY F___ING FASTER FOR ONE ANOTHER THAN WE P___ POOR CANADIANS DO.I HOPE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CALLING IF JUST TO P___ THEM F___S OFF!!!!!!

World Freeman Society
Dean Russell Kory is being held at the Central East Detention Centre in Lindsay Ontario, please call to ensure that he is getting the respect all men deserve.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thank you.
[Telephone numbers redacted as a precautionary step. Obscenity edited.]

Wow! I’d hate to be on the receiving end of all that righteous rage! Hey, look, one of them actually recorded his call (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGUjX_nTxYQ)
  • Freeman: I’m a concerned citizen and I’d like to call and do a welfare check on Dean Russell Kory. I’d like to know his status, and if he’s alive and well, please.

The Voice of Authority: Is that last name with a “K” or a “C”?

Freeman: “K” “O” “R” “Y”

TVOA: Dean Kory… yep he’s still here! His unit’s been pretty quite so…

Freeman: Is he … what are the charges?

TVOA: That I can’t release, I honestly don’t even have that.

Freeman: All right … so he’s safe? He’s well?

TVOA: Yep, everything’s fine! It’s really quiet at the jail right now.

Freeman: Can I speak with him?

TVOA: No, we don’t have any way to connect calls incoming, he can call out collect, but I can’t give him any messages or anything.

Freeman: Ok. Thank you.

TVOA: You’re welcome!
Take that you oppressive policy enforcement officer bastards!

SMS Möwe
notorial dissent

Considering that there is what, all of four of them, I don't see them exactly flooding anyone with calls. It is nice to see them keeping track of their little friend who apparently hasn't learned how to play nice with others yet, maybe his enforced quiet time will improve his manners.

You Canadians are just too darned polite, takes all the fun out of civil disobedience, and intended petulance.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Thought I'd check in on Dean and see if he's out and about.

Nope.

But the gears are grinding, and even better, Dean has found companionship and a sheltering wing amidst his fellow detainees (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 7766433452):
Sir-mika Sovereign
August 14 at 10:32pm
Does anyone know what is happening with dean in Jail ?? anyone ?

Andrew Langevin
We have been in touch and supporting his efforts, however at this time all he has requested from us is to shuttle documents, the courts are siding with him as he exposes the unfair treatment he is receiving by the crown and the police all on the record, he is well and in good spirits under the protection of fellow inmates so no harm will come to him, and I should have an update this week as to whether or not the jail is still blocking his submission of his notice of mistake to the courts, and if so how he wishes to proceed, we remain at his disposal.
August 15 at 4:20am
Oh my. It would seem the Lindsay jail has some serious 'turf and territory' action going on: "Get out PIG! This pod is for Freedom Lovers only!"

Anyone else suspect the "notice of mistake" will not say "I made a horrible mistake by attempting to use my fee schedule to bill the police millions of dollars for doing their jobs"?

Yeah, me too.

SMS Möwe
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

More like, "the Court accidently convicted me on the evidence".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Well, it's time for me to eat my words! A few days ago I was, bluntly, rather mocking and dismissive of Mr. Kory's impending plan to end his unfair and unjust detention with his "notice of mistake".
Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:
Andrew Langevin
We have been in touch and supporting his efforts, however at this time all he has requested from us is to shuttle documents, the courts are siding with him as he exposes the unfair treatment he is receiving by the crown and the police all on the record ... I should have an update this week as to whether or not the jail is still blocking his submission of his notice of mistake to the courts, and if so how he wishes to proceed, we remain at his disposal.
August 15 at 4:20am

Anyone else suspect the "notice of mistake" will not say "I made a horrible mistake by attempting to use my fee schedule to bill the police millions of dollars for doing their jobs"?
And today I discover that on August 27, 2013 Dean was set free! (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 7612279542)
Im out and things are looking good now that i have access to my court materials...thanks for all the support! ill fill you in with details asap!
And utterly undeterred, he has busily posted on his Facebook page a wide array of Freeman copypasta such as:
Egg on my face. This, to me, is a very unexpected result, and I can only say that perhaps I may need to re-evaluate how I have interpreted the interface between Freemen-on-the-Land principles and Canadian law ...

... oh wait, no I don't.

Dean pled guilty, the Crown cut him a deal, and that's how he came to be released (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 7612279542):
Dean Otf Kory
76 days and i plead out to threatening court officials, time served...all be it under duress coersion and undue influence...ive been advised to obtain the judges decision and void it!
August 28 at 9:07am
"Void" the decision. On a joint submission and guilty plea? Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that one.

At least Dean seems to have had a pretty good time! (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 7612279542)
Sir-mika Sovereign
I hope it wasn't too shitty in there , I've been once and it sucked . a few years ago if you remember george hugh sat in there for 8 months because he would not tell his name to the court . you can do nothing useful from inside , give the kidnappers what they want and get out as soon as possible . Its all just a game really .
August 28 at 9:13am

Dean Otf Kory
I had a wonderful time in there really...i had a captive audience and taught many others what i know,even some correction staff learned a thing or two!lol...cant let an oppertunity go to waste!
August 28 at 9:19am
Dean found some common ground with his fellow incarcerated. I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not... As for the staff, I wonder if a new game emerged in the Lindsay jail: trick Dean Kory into implicit contract?

But what is the best thing of all is Dean has turned this whole experience onto its head, and transformed his 2+ months behind bars into a way to meet hot babes (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 6524312331):
Dean Otf Kory
Yesterday at 9:25am
Had my first appointment with probation,the officer was attentive and listened to my political ideology and she actually gets it!doesn't hurt that shes pretty too!

Melissa Taylor
Pig lol , whos your probation officier
Yesterday at 9:37am via mobile

J Conrad Steele
Probation for what?
Yesterday at 11:11am

Cory Williamson
Damn u ended up bein found guilty?
Yesterday at 2:09pm

Terrance O'Connors
ok something is wrong here found guilty of what? and why are you agreeing to probation?
Yesterday at 3:31pm

Cory Williamson
Yea I thought u had some success with ur case? What happened
Yesterday at 3:33pm via mobile
I, too, am looking forward to what answers Dean provides to those last four inquiries.

But to be serious, I am a little disappointed by this result. The facts of just why Dean was found guilty of Criminal Code, s. 129 (intimidation of a justice system participant) are not obvious. I have inferred from above that was due to an attempt to make claims against police via a fee schedule. If that had been the case, this would be the first time a trial on that issue occurred in Canada - at least of which I am aware. Since the result was a guilty plea it is not obvious just what occurred, nor do we have judicial reasoning on this question.

I have been looking forward to this as a test case for analysis and commentary, but instead that will have to wait for another time.

(Unless Dean really does now appeal his guilty plea because he was "... under duress coersion and undue influence ..."! I will light a candle, and hope.)

SMS Möwe
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"all be it under duress coersion and undue influence...."

"All be it?" I love it when ten-cent brains try to use ten-dollar words. :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

So in other words, not his, he plead guilty and got time served, which was probably about what he would have gotten any way. Victory!!! For sure!!
deankory4321

Post by deankory4321 »

I just wanted to give you further details that you have missed...The charge you refer to where I kicked in the door of a 63 year old man...That man came to my apartment with an ax handle,entered unlawfully and threatened my life with this weapon,I chased him out and down a hallway to his room where he slammed the door shut so hard he broke the trim off the door! the charge was thrown out when i proved in court that this man attacked me and my actions were purely self- defense!...Also...I have always showed up for court dates...and as for the intoxicated in public and weed possession...I was approached by a police officer outside a bar the day after i had charges stayed,he demanded I.D. (yes I had been drinking) but when I began to record our exchange the cop attacked me,beating me on the head till I was knocked out cold! I woke up in police holding cells charged with possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication( I have never smoked weed or possessed it or sold it)EVER! He planted the weed on me and took my digital voice recorder...all these charges were dropped! As for threatening court officials...yes I made statements that were perceived to be threats by the Crown but those statements were taken out of context,So...While I was being detained on these charges I tried to obtain my court materials for my defence and for 76 days they kept all information from me.I had no choice but to plead out to the charges just to get released so i could access my court materials and prepare a defence!
LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LordEd »

Sorry its a bit confusing when talking to freemen. Are you the "person" Dean Kory, the "piece of paper" Dean Kory, the "turnip" Dean Kory, or perhaps one of DEAN KORY, dEaN: K0Ry, or KORY: DEAN (person, paper, or turnip)?

I think it was already pointed out that you were likely 'present' at court, but couldn't work out what your name was. That's a skill usually developed between 5-10 months of age, but I suppose it can be lost if not used.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

deankory4321 wrote:I had no choice but to plead out to the charges just to get released so i could access my court materials and prepare a defence!
Prepare a defense to what? You plead guilty, the case is over - except, of course, for the sentencing, where your guilt is not an issue. You make no sense. And likely more than half of those who plead guilty - folks who are overwhelmingly likely to be in fact guilty - at one point or another whine that "I had no choice but to plead out to the charges just to get" something. Hint: they, like you, are lying. They, like you, plead guilty because (1) they are guilty, and (2) they are unwilling to risk the consequences of continuing to plead not guilty.

Moreover, while I am not familiar with these proceedings in Canada, I am quite familiar with them in the U.S. It's hard to believe they're that different. A pretrial detainee in the U.S. has access to the same materials in jail as s/he would out of it. Not unfettered access, of course, but access. Moreover, a lawyer (or legal advisor, in the case of the pro se nitwit) has everything, plus access to the defendant. I'm sure it's the same in Canada.

So what are you going to do - move to vacate your guilty plea? Let us know how that goes. Meanwhile, of course, you are someone who, by his own admission, threatens court personnel when he doesn't get his way.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Mr. Kory - welcome to Quatloos! Thank you for the clarifications you provided on the media reports that were identified above. The assault and possession scenarios you described sound like quite the experience.
deankory4321 wrote:... As for threatening court officials...yes I made statements that were perceived to be threats by the Crown but those statements were taken out of context, ...
I hope you do not mind me asking a bit more about this situation? I take it you were charged and pled guilty under Criminal Code, s. 423.1? Or was it Criminal Code, s. 423?

Can you explain to me what the statements were that the Crown mistakenly identified as threats? Mr. Andrew Langevin had posted on your Facebook page that the threats related to "charges and billing". I was wondering if the charges were related to a number of documents you posted on your Facebook site:
It appears these are police officers in what I suspect is your local police force, the Kawartha Lakes Police Service.

I am quite curious because, as I suspect you may be aware, Criminal Code, s. 423.1 has only been used in a very few situations, at least that I have found. In any case I would be very interested to learn more about what happened.
deankory4321 wrote:... So...While I was being detained on these charges I tried to obtain my court materials for my defence and for 76 days they kept all information from me.I had no choice but to plead out to the charges just to get released so i could access my court materials and prepare a defence!
This does seem quite strange. Did you apply for bail? If so, do you recall the reason(s) why you were denied pre-trial release?

Off on a tangent, I understand from reading your Facebook page that you are involved in what sounds like an unpleasant child custody dispute with your ex-partner. I would simply like to wish you the very best of luck in resolving that in a way that benefits everyone, but especially your daughter.

SMS Möwe