Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

What you're saying is that Dean might be carrying some baggage into court if he starts making a fuss about his private prosecution. While there are two sides to every story Dean's is very sparse because as soon as he starts getting into details the facts weigh against him. The RCMP's side will be documented in great detail. Dean has a very extensive police and court history on Vancouver Island given how short a time ago he arrived there. Not even a year and a half.

I doubt the two RCMP officers are fretting too much about being the target of a criminal prosecution.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It sounds like perhaps everyone was even more polite to Kory than the usual stereotypical Canadian politeness when he went in to file the "private information" because the only people that actually file them these days are nutters.
I'd say spot on. Even most Freemen/Sovereign types back in the day didn't bother going the private information route. It was just so patently obvious that it was hopeless. The same system that's prosecuting you has to approve you prosecuting them? Then they'll prosecute themselves on your behalf? And there's a point to trying it apart from showing how powerless you are? Either Dean hasn't got the message or he doesn't care about certain failure. What else does he have to do with his time? At least six months ago he huffed and puffed about a private information that he filed, or was going to file, against some RCMP back in Nanaimo. Then nothing. Expect the same here.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The British position on private prosecutions is similar. The CPS can let a private prosecution be pursued by the complainant, and there have been a few notable cases, one being the Armargh bombing where if I recall, I contributed to a fund to cover the prosecution costs.

However, in most cases, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) will take over the case and then they can discontinue it for any reason. In all cases they may take it over.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:The British position on private prosecutions is similar. The CPS can let a private prosecution be pursued by the complainant, and there have been a few notable cases, one being the Armargh bombing where if I recall, I contributed to a fund to cover the prosecution costs.

However, in most cases, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) will take over the case and then they can discontinue it for any reason. In all cases they may take it over.
There's a major difference. In Canada the person filing the private information cannot pursue the complaint. The charge is either taken over by the public prosecutor or it is quashed. So Dean's case will sit until either the prosecution agrees to handle it (Is that a unicorn in my front yard?) or it is dismissed.

I can't see how you system would work. How could a private citizen, even with CPS approval, run a criminal proceeding? You need official resources available to the public prosecutor but not the private citizen.

Siegfried Shrink

All I know is that it is very expensive. The court system will hear the case of A Mouse Versus B Cat if asked to do so and the appropriate fees paid and costs secured, and of course all the paperwork sumitted in accordance with rules of procedure.
Normally the court contains the Crown v A Blagger (criminal cases) or D Rumpstiggle v. Gargantual Holdings (a Company) but in private prosecutions the situation is as in a civil case but trying a crime rather than a civil tort.
The prosecution must dig up its own evidence and witnesses. If the prosecution prevails they have a remedy in damages instead of jail for the guilty party.

Due to the expense of it all, frivolous private prosecutions do not prosper. The occasional one that does get some traction does tend to be about something that there is general public interest in.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: (Is that a unicorn in my front yard?)

in a onesie? how did she find out where you live?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Chaos wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: (Is that a unicorn in my front yard?)

in a onesie? how did she find out where you live?
I said unicorn, not narwhal.

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

meh. unicorns, whales, so what? they are both extinct.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I was just reviewing the Peter Balogh discussion (for reasons I'll post later, very busy at the moment) and found I'd posted about informations there. So here is my prior explanation of what an information is but backed up by an actual legal article rather than my enfeebled memory.
If both the evidentiary and public interest tests in favour of a prosecution are met, Crown counsel will determine which offences are appropriate and prepare the necessary Information, that is the document setting out the charges, for the police officer to swear before a justice of the peace or a judge. The swearing of such an Information is called 'laying a charge'.
http://www.victimsinfo.ca/en/investigat ... utors-role

Peter Balogh is a dentist who was charged with tax evasion for employing Russell Porisky's Paradigm scheme in order to hide most of his taxable income. He was convicted but charges were stayed because of delays. I have to update because of subsequent events.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11111

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

More Dean disasters! First Darcy has problems with the private informations.
Dean Kory
22 hrs ·
My Brother tried to file the same private information on the criminal charges accusing 2 Naniamo R.C.M.P. Officers with Kidnapping section 279 (1) of The Criminal Code here in Port Alberni, but the Justice of the Peace informed us that we had the information written wrong, that we need to change it to Section 1.1 (a) that involves a kidnap with a fire arm...BUT that is a "punishment" consideration to be made by the Court not us...She deflected us after calling Naniamo and gave us this document explaining that we couldn't swear an information outside the jurisdiction where the alleged offences occurred... but read it carefully...it's clear all we need to do is have a JUDGE deal with it in chambers. What a piss poor corrupt system...these people in office pretending to act in honor are soooo sinking their own ship!
Sure they are Dean. You can tell from the next quote how intimidated the RCMP are by Dean's criminal charges against them. They were called in to intimidate Dean because his landlord wanted his rent. Bastard!
Dean Kory
57 mins ·
I reported my landlord today for threats and intimidation against my brother and his manipulation of our contract/rental agreement...he originally required pay direct from welfare but welfare screwed that up day one by being late sending the cheque so the landlord took it upon himself to come to me to demand payment from me, he knocked on my door early in the morning and when we didn't answer he just put in his key and entered the unit, woke up our guest and started to interrogate my brother's guest. Welfare was again late the next month and so I removed all permissions for pay direct for February BUT....yep! they sent the cheque pay direct and the landlord is claiming he never received it...He also claims he has been using my damage deposit to cover the first two weeks of this month without my consent and now he says I have to be out by Sat. morning...That he has rented the unit to someone else reserved for tomorrow morning.

Cops were just here banging on my door not identifying as officers for 5 min. laughing and calling out to me saying " Mr. Dean...its the RCMP!"...they were smashing on the door and all the windows for a while before even identifying themselves!...I have no idea how this is going to turn out so ...I have a security cam on the front door and I'm audio recording...I'll call 911 next time they come knocking to see if it really is the police. They were ignoring my information earlier today and now they want to respond like this?

The February cheque was canceled by welfare a few days ago saying the landlord didn't cash it and to replace and release a new one they would need him to come into the office to sign a "lost/stolen" form...he refused to attend their office and also refuses to write a confirmation for me to take to them...This is a setup!
So it appears that Dean is to be tossed out yet again. His life is just nonstop adventures! But yet, but yet . . . He's posted documents listing his current address as #28, 3805 Redford Street, Port Alberni. That's an ok looking two story motel advertising;

Clean Rooms
Low Rates
Free WI FI

You can check it out on Streetview. If I remember correctly that's the same place that he claims he was evicted from before. So either he was evicted and accepted back or his eviction story was BS. So we may, or may not, have another (or the first) eviction tomorrow. However it works out it sounds like the landlord wants Dean and Darcy out.

Chaos

Post by Chaos »

The February cheque was canceled by welfare a few days ago saying the landlord didn't cash it and to replace and release a new one they would need him to come into the office to sign a "lost/stolen" form
finding this sentence highly unlikely. what am I missing? it's not the landlords welfare.
Siegfried Shrink

There may be a scheme where the rent portion of a welfare payment is sent direct to the landlord, as a precaution against the feckless pissing it up against the wall instead of paying rent.
This would involve one check to the landlord and one to the indigent.

In Britain we do something similar but by direct deposit to bank accounts so there is no waiting for the post and lost checks. Landlords prefer this and all welfare recipients have a cash card that their dole is paid into and from which they can withdraw cash as required (or as available).
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Direct welfare rent payments to landlords are quite common here, landlords often insist on it before they will take welfare customers. Normally Dean and Darcy, being single males without dependents, would be accomodated in a government facility. But they apparently no longer qualify because they have been evicted from too many shelters as a result of their behaviour. We've been through the saga of them being tossed from the shelter in Victoria, the Salvation Army in Nanaimo, and Dean himself just related about not being allowed in the Warmland Shelter in Duncan. There may well be more Dean hasn't written about. So Dean and Darcy have to stay in private accomodation. But what motel owner would trust an unemployed welfare recipient to pay on time or even to pay at all? So in these cases the government pays directly to the landlord to guarantee the rent is covered. You'll note how quickly Dean's landlord is on his case as soon as there is any glitch in payment. It's cash or out.

Duncan is a very nice town, wife and I visit frequently, and it's well located for relatively short bus trips to both Victoria and Nanaimo, the two biggest cities on Vancouver Island. However Dean was thrown out of Duncan by the RCMP and has ended up in Port Alberni, an isolated end-of-the-road community, apparently as a last resort after being tossed from all of the more desireable possible locations. But, even there, he is still fighting with everyone.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:There may be a scheme where the rent portion of a welfare payment is sent direct to the landlord, as a precaution against the feckless pissing it up against the wall instead of paying rent.
This would involve one check to the landlord and one to the indigent.

In Britain we do something similar but by direct deposit to bank accounts so there is no waiting for the post and lost checks. Landlords prefer this and all welfare recipients have a cash card that their dole is paid into and from which they can withdraw cash as required (or as available).
We have a similar situation in Massachusetts. I rent out my late mother's condo; and my first tenant was a guy who got rental assistance. The rent checks went directly to me; otherwise, I'd have been lucky to see them.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

When we last left Dean his back was to the wall fighting to save his home from a relentless landlord. Things didn't look good this morning;
Dean Kory
7 hrs ·
All my stuff packed and waiting for corrupt police to show up and falsely claim authority under The Hotel Keepers Act.
And he was indeed all packed and ready to go;

As I'd written earlier the landlord had required direct payment from the government;
Dean Kory
I'm not a guest I'm a tenant...I rented long term and The landlord required "pay direct"...he has never given me a rental receipt and is now claiming he had to use my damage deposit to cover these past two weeks?...WTF!...Damage deposits can NOT be used as rent payment...and last night Police came to my door...the same officer that pulled me over and arrested me at 5 am. on the highway when I was hitching to court! I recorded the exchange and he clearly has no clue what the Hotel Keepers Act means...he just threatened me with his ignorance.
As always, support from his followers although it can, at times, seem somewhat unfocused;
Patrik Kapuscinsky Stay strong dean... the tables have turned recently... It looks like the month of March will be amazing for humanity this year....some very good news...begins at the 27 minute point.... the tables have turned very recently.
Sara Santo Domingo Do not fear stand in you power inner knowing (when that smell your frequency they run away!) truth is spirit Ether and in truth. Dean you got this set the intention then send it out set out the perimeter of your flat!
And some overexcited libel. Dean's motel might not be five star but it's certainly not a slum.
Drew Moro FUCK THIS SLUMLORD
Then, dramatic developments!
Dean Kory
5 hrs ·
RCMP are at my door now with the landlord and the landlord has been caught in a lie...officers are frustrated and just walked away with my paperwork evidence of pay direct... against my wishes.
Dean Kory
The landlord just lied to both officers saying I paid him cash each month!...What a dumb ass!...he has always received a cheque from Social Assistance in his name and cashed it himself!...this just turned bad for him...
Dean Kory
He showed a registry stub that I never signed with some agreement to pay 300 a week?...boy...he just digs it deeper with every word.
And a resolution;
Dean Kory
Landlord came back to me without the police in tow and conceded...I get to stay out my contract till the end of the month with the option to switch to a less expensive single room with no more issues and we shook on it!
And the police driven away in defeat!
Dean Kory
nope!...they always say your a "guest" subject to "The Hotel Keepers Act"...lol!...I will post the audio recording soon of what I said to the police about what I think of the "Hotel Act!"...they couldnt exit stage left fast enough!!!
Then, just four minutes ago, dean posted this;

The audacity and stupidity of this landlord is unbelievable!

Chaos

Post by Chaos »

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Chaos wrote:CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!
What you really mean is just another day in the life of Dean Kory.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Patrik Kapuscinsky Stay strong dean... the tables have turned recently... It looks like the month of March will be amazing for humanity this year....some very good news...begins at the 27 minute point.... the tables have turned very recently.
Eh? What? Good news at 27 minutes past March?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Eh? What? Good news at 27 minutes past March?
There was a Youtube video linked to the original posting. You want to watch it, be my guest;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvGOY1ySAg

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvGOY1ySAg

I'd rather go outside and watch the snow melt.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools