Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by eric »

Pretty accurate. Unless it's the proverbial little old lady's car only driven to church and Wednesday afternoon tea it's nothing more than a beater. With regard to informing welfare there is nothing wrong with being on social assistance and owning a vehicle:
The following assets are exempt for the purposes of determining the assets of an applicant or recipient, for income assistance or disability assistance [see Related Links - Eligibility for Hardship Assistance for recipients of hardship assistance]:

clothing and necessary household equipment
one motor vehicle where the equity does not exceed $10,000 and the vehicle is generally used for day-to-day transportation needs

Note: There is no limit on the value of a vehicle owned by recipients with the Persons with Disabilities designation.
(from: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/gove ... exemptions)
That being said, considering how much persons on various forms of social assistance receive, keeping gas in a vehicle and performing basic maintenance is beyond their means so it's a moot point anyways.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Is Dean in trouble again? He's a facebook addict. Even when he has absolutely nothing to say he posts frenzies of reposts and shares. Yet he's posted nothing at all for over a month. Nothing. And even his last posting, on March 15th, was just a repost of some old drivel. His last real posting was on February 25th when he said;
Dean Kory The R.C.M.P. showed up at my door again with the landlord banging on my door. The landlord put his key in the lock and tried to enter and our dog started to bark...guess these cops had no actual authority to enter cuz they didn't force entry and shoot the dog, they just went away...now the R.C.M.P. are clearly acting "Parties to offence"...Time to file.
So he was off to kick some RCMP butt then silence. About the only new personal post since was his attempt to sell his brother's car. He's rarely voluntarily silent so his current quiet period suggests incarceration. Are there new charges pending? Well ... looking at BC Courts Online there are two matters flagged as "Limited Access", which suggests Dean has done something serious. I think that when an accused is facing a jury trial for an indictable offence they flag preliminary hearing proceedings at British Columbia Provincial Court that way. If this is what's going on it implies that the system has had enough of Dean's antics and is dropping the hammer.

I've checked his brother Darcy on BC Courts Online and, while he has an extensive history recorded, there is nothing current. Darcy doesn't Facebook much anyhow. His last post was in January.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I've been grovelling through BC Courts Online as well. I noted that his brother Darcy failed to attend court in Nanaimo on 3 April with regard to the Qualicum Beach campground affair and warrants were issued. He was picked up in Surrey last week and is up in court again in Nanaimo next week. So at least one of the brothers is still out in Lotus Land. With regard to the "limited access" notation this is also often used on bail hearings as well.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

eric wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:21 pm I've been grovelling through BC Courts Online as well. I noted that his brother Darcy failed to attend court in Nanaimo on 3 April with regard to the Qualicum Beach campground affair and warrants were issued. He was picked up in Surrey last week and is up in court again in Nanaimo next week. So at least one of the brothers is still out in Lotus Land. With regard to the "limited access" notation this is also often used on bail hearings as well.
Bail? It would have to be set very low to be manageable by the Kory boys. Maybe that's why Darcy wants to sell his car for $8,000.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sounds like maybe the delightful duo have gotten themselves in more than the usual trouble. At least might solve their housing problems.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

So at least one of the brothers is still out in Lotus Land.
I'm guessing that they are both still here. Dean actually does seem to love Vancouver Island. No surprise there, it's beautiful. Mostly forests, mountains, sea. Victoria is a great city (home town booster here!) and the entire island climate is very moderate apart from west coast winter storms. Also Darcy is here and has been for years. Nothing left for Dean in Ontario that I can see but possible outstanding charges.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's back online! Well, more or less, sort of . . . .

He's made his first posting after a complete Facebook disappearance of over a month. A trivial time period you might think but a lifetime for someone with Dean's FB addiction. So what momentous message did he impart on us? The story of his last few month's adventures filing lawsuits against the RCMP? Harrowing tales of illegal incarceration?

No, just a reposting of a picture from elsewhere with no commentary by Dean at all;

So why is Dean suddenly promoting the concept that statutes only apply to government employees? Could it be that he's facing some statute-based problems?

His fan club doesn't seem very concerned about his absence, no questions about where he's been or how he's doing.

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

So why is Dean suddenly promoting the concept that statutes only apply to government employees?
Does that mean that someone who is not a government employee can lawfully cause Dean grievous bodily harm? (Not a threat, just a question.)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 pm
So why is Dean suddenly promoting the concept that statutes only apply to government employees?
Does that mean that someone who is not a government employee can lawfully cause Dean grievous bodily harm? (Not a threat, just a question.)
I assume so but only by inference. The sovereign idiots who espouse this nonsense don't really bother exploring the logical consequences of their arguments. Their sole interest is in what's in it for them and that's limited to their position that statutory law not applying to them. The fact that this also means that statutory law doesn't apply to the gorilla you're antagonizing at the pub seems to have eluded their analysis.

Michael Millar made this argument at his tax evasion trial but he made sure to show up every day regardless of the fact that the court had no jurisdiction over him. Somehow he got convicted anyways.

notorial dissent

Deano has a fan club?? Who knew?? :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:24 pm Deano has a fan club?? Who knew?? :snicker:
What do you mean 'Who knew'? What about me? I avidly follow his totally self-inflicted trials and tribulations. Hubris doesn't get much better (on an admittedly very petty scale) than what's getting constantly dished out to Dean.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean's back and living the life! Specifically the simple life. The very simple life;

The very, very, simple life;

He's moved on from tiny homes and motel rooms to camping. The last we heard from him of any consequence was this posting on February 25th;
Dean Kory The R.C.M.P. showed up at my door again with the landlord banging on my door. The landlord put his key in the lock and tried to enter and our dog started to bark...guess these cops had no actual authority to enter cuz they didn't force entry and shoot the dog, they just went away...now the R.C.M.P. are clearly acting "Parties to offence"...Time to file.
But, as of yet, while he's back online, he hasn't updated us on his adventures of late. Just some shots of his new home. So it's still an open question how he's spent the last two months. I'm assuming he's not on welfare if he's tenting. Even the squalid Qualicum Beach hobo dump seems a step up from this. He's got a small solar panel, probably for charging his phone, and that's about it for amenities. A home-made grill, a couch, some footstools and a tent. When Mowe gave the title to this discussion almost five years ago he didn't realize how prophetic it was.

But at least Dean's back in the game and ready to astound us with more exciting adventures!

BoomerSooner17
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

Burnaby49 wrote:I'm assuming he's not on welfare if he's tenting.
Perhaps he joined is the circus?
:snicker:
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

A bit more information on Dean's whereabouts.
Dean Kory Private property in an area known as "Old China Town"...the forest here is littered with trash...By-Law and Police come by regularly but have left me alone so far.
Having police coming by regularly would make it feel like home to Dean. Google "Old China Town" Nanaimo and you get the information that it is the long abandoned site of an actual Chinese neighbourhood that burned out in 1960 and was left to go wild. An article said it is located behind the Hecate Lodge. So I checked the Hecate Lodge in Google Maps and the satellite view shows that there's a large tract of undeveloped woodland immediately behind the lodge. So he's squatting on undeveloped land near the center of Nanaimo. It's apparently an illegal garbage dump. Here are some shots of his neighbourhood;

Not the backyard that I'd want but I suppose Dean can't be choosy at the moment.

Resume
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Resume »

Living free has it's costs. In this case, maybe cholera and dysentery.
Praeterea Preterea . . . Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean had his 50th birthday last month. So let's review where the first five decades of his life have gotten him and how he's facing his next decade;

1 - Criminal record
2 - Divorced
2 - Constant hostile interactions with the RCMP and the courts
3 - Dead broke
4 - Unemployed and probably unemployable
5 - Squatting in a tent in a garbage dump

But his relentless pursuit of a Freeman lifestyle hasn't been a completely negative experience. He's still welcome as a friend and companion in the Freeman-on-the-land Anti Defamation League. As Quatloos has noted they've been doing a bang-up job of promoting the Freeman movement recently.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1849108 ... 4/members/

notorial dissent

Definitely their poster child.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I neglected to include this picture when I made my posting about Dean's new abode;

A delightful view of his home from outside his gate. He's fenced off his little slice of heaven with a white fence and gate. One thing of note. Check the sign over the gate;

Do Not TRESPASS

A nice encapsulation of Dean's world view. The dictionary defines trespass as;

1 - to enter the owner's land or property without permission.

So two points on that sign. Firstly does Dean own the property? If so he has the legal right to demand that others not trespass on his campsite. If not he doesn't. He's already said the land is privately owned and clearly not by him so he's a squatter with no more property rights to the ground under his tent than I do. So the sign is legally meaningless. The second point is of more interest in that it points out Dean's hypocrisy. He's squatting on privately owned property. I think it safe to assume the owner did not give him permission to do so. So he's trespassing. However he's a sovereign giving him the right to do whatever he wants so trespass laws don't apply to him. But the sign indicates that it's Dean's position that trespass laws apply to anyone else who wants to illegally squat on the land where Dean is already illegally squatting. In other words the usual freeman hypocrisy. Laws don't apply to Dean if he doesn't want them too but he can apply them against others. This is a core freeman belief. It allows them to reject laws that negatively affect them while demanding their rights under other laws that benefit them. In other words, the philosophy of parasites.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It the family Caddilac garaged round the back somewhere?
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Seems he's "acquired" some daffodils. Lovely.