Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

Exactly the problem I face trying to copy a Quatloos link. A page of gibberish redirected to viglink. So instead of trying to copy the link from Quatloos I click on it and, although it never works (I assume) because I have XP, it appears in the Internet Explorer title bar and I copy it from there and open it in Chrome or Firefox. This only started happening with the latest upgrade to the Quatloos software, along with other problems for we XP holdouts.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I didn't realize that the latest version of phpBB had the VigLink extension enabled by default. I disabled it, and emailed webhick to make sure it doesn't do anything I don't know about.

Thanks for pointing it out.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Thanks wserra and Webhick for doing that. I often would right click a link and save it for future reference but since the viglink thing came along that hasn't worked as Burnaby said.

Burnaby49, what you describe when you click a link suggests your XP setup has the old MS Internet Explorer defined as the default for launching an HTML document. Should be able to change that either in XP control panel or in the settings for browser you are using when you click the link.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

HardyW wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:47 pm Thanks wserra and Webhick for doing that. I often would right click a link and save it for future reference but since the viglink thing came along that hasn't worked as Burnaby said.

Burnaby49, what you describe when you click a link suggests your XP setup has the old MS Internet Explorer defined as the default for launching an HTML document. Should be able to change that either in XP control panel or in the settings for browser you are using when you click the link.
My setup is exactly as described. Internet Explorer is essentially useless for internet use. I now use Firefox as my browser except for Quatloos. I still use IE for Quatloos, regardless of the myriad disadvantages, because the font that Quatloos is displayed in on Firefox is so bad I have difficulty reading it. The IE Quatloos font is fine. I don't have this problem with any other site.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

My eyesight is poor so I always have Quatloos set to read at 150% size in Firefox and have no problems. Have you tried simply increasing the size?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Font size is fine. The problem is that the font is so faint I have difficulty making it out. Grey rather than black.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

wserra wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:54 pm I didn't realize that the latest version of phpBB had the VigLink extension enabled by default. I disabled it, and emailed webhick to make sure it doesn't do anything I don't know about.

Thanks for pointing it out.
I can copy links again. A big improvement. I only got gibberish before the change.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Is Dean Kory finished? Things aren't looking good for our intrepid truth warrior. I know, I know, I've beaten on this drum before and Dean has resurrected himself from the ashes and soldiered on, fighting for his sovereign right to be a parasite supported by the state while crapping on the courts, the police, and the government.

Since he arrived in BC Almost two years ago he's been a consistent FB poster, prolifically sharing his carefully edited adventures, particularly in Qualicum Beach when he somehow deluded himself that he actually had a worthwhile future freeloading. The exuberant optimism of his tiny home in the Hobo Jungle, fishing for salmon, warming himself at his home-made stove. Then a fight with the owner of the property, police called, Dean evicted, and a downward spiral since. Fights at every place he's stayed, kicked out of one town after another with wild promises of revenge and retribution against the RCMP, the Cambie Hotel and the Salvation Army in Nanaimo, and the indigent home in Victoria (he promised he'd expose the corruption there even if it took years then he immediately forgot about them). At every stage of this epic journey rants about illegal acts by authorities and how he was going to expose and destroy them all. Then, finally, washing ashore for his epic battle with his motel landlord in Port Alberni. There, as everywhere else, he claimed he was going to beat his landlord, the RCMP and the corrupt courts through his legal brilliance and solid evidence of their violation of his constitutional rights. Then he made his "time to file" posting on Feb. 25 and essentially silence since. Almost nothing in the last four months. Brother Darcy trying to sell his car, probably for desperate financial reasons, stories of him living in a tent, arrested at an illegal tenting squat in Nanaimo immediately adjacent to a rail yard. That's about it. No explanation of what happened in the gap since his "time to file" posting in Port Alberni and now.

The thing is that in every past silence when he's bounced back from defeat to rage anew against the authorities he's started in a worse situation than he was at the bottom of the previous cycle. It's a relentless death spiral. And this time he seems to be at rock bottom already. He at least had a trailer and stove in the Qualicum Beach hobo jungle but now he's living here;

It makes the Qualicum Beach hobo jungle look palatial. Maybe he's stopped posting because he just can't afford to keep his phone connected. Or maybe, just maybe, he's finally been beaten into an understanding that everything he's done here is just a repeat of his self-inflicted failure of a life in Ontario. None of his threats or actions, in Ontario or British Columbia, have been of any consequence whatever. For all of his yammering and raving the police and the courts treat him as just another totally insignificant petty criminal. Notwithstanding his endless bluster about his vast knowledge of his constitutional rights and sovereign law and his empty boasts how he will bring the entire corrupt system down he has absolutely no chance of winning any of his numerous court actions. His main weapon is filing private informations which, as I've explained in detail, are so useless that other sovereigns don't even bother with them. Yet Dean thinks that they are weapons of mass destruction against the system. He's apparently totally broke (probably kicked off welfare) and scrabbling to live from day to day like any Vancouver skid-row bum. He came here optimistic about finding a new life but, since he brought the same old Dean Kory along with him, he was doomed to abject failure before he set foot in the province.

Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic. He's resilient, determined, just gathering strength for another onslaught against the system. He'll return eventually. Sleeping in a cardboard box in a back alley.

Siegfried Shrink

Looking on the bright side, he seems unlikely to breed.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 am Looking on the bright side, he seems unlikely to breed.
He's a deadbeat divorced father. He has one daughter he goes on and on about as the most concerned father in the world but whom he easily abandoned in Ontario when he came to British Columbia. To be fair she plays a large part in his life. He uses her as a prop for his Gofundme begging bowl with the heart-rending slogan;

"A little girl needs her daddy . . .
Her daddy needs your help"

If you're inclined to help a loving daddy reunite with his lonely daughter his Gofundme account is always open;

https://www.gofundme.com/n4nahw

Apparently 94 fools have donated $3,961.

Siegfried Shrink

That I did not know. Let's hope deadbeatism is not genetically transmitted.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 am That I did not know. Let's hope deadbeatism is not genetically transmitted.
I added to my post. The man is hurting, he needs your help. Your help, not mine.

Siegfried Shrink

Maybe he has gone quiet while he gets through $4000 worth of cheap liquor.

The extra $39 from old style panhandling.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I read the rather long and rambling go fund me sob story.

I'm still none the wiser as to what the money is meant to actually fund. Clearly the cynical side of me says his bumming about. But could that be.......
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:00 am I read the rather long and rambling go fund me sob story.

I'm still none the wiser as to what the money is meant to actually fund. Clearly the cynical side of me says his bumming about. But could that be.......
If there's any other purpose he's failed to show it. Purportedly the money was for legal "research" to find away to get his daughter back. A desperate father trying to reunite with a child illegally torn from him by criminal authorities. A child who needed her daddy but who was cruelly separated from him. All he needed was money to find a way, as he's trying still, to defeat a corrupt system oppressing him. He had the time for a life of legal research, then, as now, if he has one core belief it's that it's the responsibility of the state to provide for him. If getting access to his child required him getting a job then he'd find another way, through legal research, to defeat the state's outrageous demands. Hence the title "Dean's Family Court and Research". He was living rough at the time (about 3 years ago) although not as rough as now. A wooden shack without water or power. He was, I believe, also in legal trouble. He wrote about impending court appearances on FB just before he scuttled over to British Columbia.

So as far as I know, yes, the Gofundme was really to provide him with supplemental living funds because the Province of Ontario was criminally refusing to provide him a decent standard of living.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Remember Dean? Been a while since I've written about him, not through any neglect on my part but on Dean's. He's been totally MIA for almost two months. His last Facebook posting was on June 6th and it was just an inconsequential repost of somebody else's post. But even before that he'd had little real activity since late February. His only substantial posts in the five month period since February were his ad trying to sell his brother's car, an announcement about how he was living in a tent in a garbage dump, and a post about being arrested in a protest at a homeless encampment. Then silence. Is he in jail? The latest record of him on B.C. Courts Online shows a hearing was held on March 7th in relation to an application of February 8th. The issue of the application was is disposed of and Dean was not in jail as a result. What issue about an application? From the website;
CC - 507.1(1) Hearing to determine process-other than in 507(1)
So I checked the Criminal Code of Canada. This is 507(1)
507 (1) Subject to subsection 523(1.1), a justice who receives an information laid under section 504 by a peace officer, a public officer, the Attorney General or the Attorney General’s agent, other than an information laid before the justice under section 505, shall, except if an accused has already been arrested with or without a warrant,

· (a) hear and consider, ex parte,
o (i) the allegations of the informant, and
o (ii) the evidence of witnesses, where he considers it desirable or necessary to do so; and
o
· (b) where he considers that a case for so doing is made out, issue, in accordance with this section, either a summons or a warrant for the arrest of the accused to compel the accused to attend before him or some other justice for the same territorial division to answer to a charge of an offence.
And this is 507.1(1)
Referral when private prosecution

· 507.1 (1) A justice who receives an information laid under section 504, other than an information referred to in subsection 507(1), shall refer it to a provincial court judge or, in Quebec, a judge of the Court of Quebec, or to a designated justice, to consider whether to compel the appearance of the accused on the information.
So the hearing was to review Dean's his private prosecution application to consider whether or not the court would accept it and, as I predicted in a prior posting, it was rejected. Strange how Dean neglected to tell us about this on Facebook. His 50th birthday announcement made the FB cut but not the result of his private prosecution, his big hope to bring the criminal Crown attorneys and RCMP to justice. As he said himself he was going to bring the whole system down with his private information;
Dean Kory

February 14 ·
My Brother tried to file the same private information on the criminal charges accusing 2 Naniamo R.C.M.P. Officers with Kidnapping section 279 (1) of The Criminal Code here in Port Alberni, but the Justice of the Peace informed us that we had the information written wrong, that we need to change it to Section 1.1 (a) that involves a kidnap with a fire arm...BUT that is a "punishment" consideration to be made by the Court not us...She deflected us after calling Naniamo and gave us this document explaining that we couldn't swear an information outside the jurisdiction where the alleged offences occurred... but read it carefully...it's clear all we need to do is have a JUDGE deal with it in chambers. What a piss poor corrupt system...these people in office pretending to act in honor are soooo sinking their own ship!
So what was in the private information? Accusations that the RCMP had illegally kidnapped him and his brother Darcy and that the officers involved had to be prosecuted under the Criminal Code!
Dean Kory

...and now to bring forward a private information charging 2 R.C.M.P. officers with kidnapping under Section 279 (1) (a) of The Criminal Code.

This is 279(1)(a);
Kidnapping
· 279 (1) Every person commits an offence who kidnaps a person with intent
o (a) to cause the person to be confined or imprisoned against the person’s will;
And what's the punishment these RCMP thugs potentially faced?
Punishment
(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable

· (a) if a restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is used in the commission of the offence or if any firearm is used in the commission of the offence and the offence is committed for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with, a criminal organization, to imprisonment for life and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of
·
o (i) in the case of a first offence, five years, and
o (ii) in the case of a second or subsequent offence, seven years;
o
· (a.1) in any other case where a firearm is used in the commission of the offence, to imprisonment for life and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of four years; and
·
· (b) in any other case, to imprisonment for life.
·
Heady stuff and Dean was gleeful at the prospects of striking back. He actually seemed to believe that the court had to accept and act on his private information and prosecute the RCMP officers. But, as I've already reported, a simple check of the law shows that while Canadian courts have to accept private information filings they don't have to act on them. They are free to just toss them if they wish and they always do which is why only Dean, of all the sovereigns I've followed, actually bothered to file one. Everyone else, no matter how dim or delusional, realized that it was hopeless to expect the Crown to sue the courts and police on their behalf. But Dean believed!

Some of Dean's fans were all encouragement;
Ingrid Bond go for it babe. the tide has turned, the force is in your favor. all the best.

Zoe Smith You are so outsmarting them. They are beside themselves.Hang in Dean!

Ryan Kellas Time to hold these gangsters accountable. Good for you
But Noel knew how it would go down;
Noel Boucher Damn It would sure be nice to see those two fuks pay a hefty price but knowing the system and how rigged and fukd up it is Im afraid you will be nixed by them rather than them aknowledge your rights and that you are right!
And Noel nailed it.

Back in those heady days of optimism about bringing down the whole corrupt structure Dean was swamped with armchair admirers encouraging him on. Nowadays nobody seems to even care about his virtual disappearance. No questions on his FB, no apparent interest in his current activities. Instead he's getting some comments like this.
Jenny Lee You’re a fucking lid you have no life and no job and no daughter  good job

Jenny Lee You should leave Canada  permanently !! You don’t deserve to live here !!! Can’t stand you druggie losers who don’t do anything to better our country then just bitch about it with a needle in your arm. Hope your baby momma keeps that sweet child way away from you and your loser brother !!!!
Jenny's first post is essentially what I'd already posted in May in response to his 50th birthday announcement.
Dean had his 50th birthday last month. So let's review where the first five decades of his life have gotten him and how he's facing his next decade;

1 - Criminal record
2 - Divorced
2 - Constant hostile interactions with the RCMP and the courts
3 - Dead broke
4 - Unemployed and probably unemployable
5 - Squatting in a tent in a garbage dump
So, back to the beginning of this post. Is Dean finished? I hope not, he's provided great armchair entertainment, but it's hard to see where he can go with his sovereign bullshit now. He's probably spent his entire adult life relentlessly, aggressively trying to force the authorities to accept it and the result has been absolute failure. He hasn't even had a few insignificant symbolic victories to encourage him. The failure of his big plan, the private information campaign, was probably a very demoralizing blow. As he ages he must be losing his resilience and his constant battles with authorities, and living rough, have to be be wearing him out. He seems to be off welfare and living a squalid day to day existence just trying to survive. So perhaps he's just run his course. Or, given the dire financial situation of Dean and his brother Darcy, his lack of communication for the last two months may be because he can no longer pay for an internet plan for his phone. If so he's hit rock bottom because no matter what adversity he's faced in the past he was always on-line.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Poor poor Deano, his life of waste and uselessness down to such a dismal low. :snicker:

Remind me again what was the seminal incident that started him on his quest for a private prosecution?

So our genius thinks that he can make a kidnapping complaint against duly sworn and legally acting officers responding to something undoubtedly brain dead stupid, and need we say illegal, that our dear Deano and his even dumber brother were involved in? No, of course we don't.

Now, in the real world, he might have been able to file a complaint for unlawful arrest and false imprisonment, but then we're talking about Deano, so the likelihood of that being factual or even based on reality is like something less than nil.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:37 am Poor poor Deano, his life of waste and uselessness down to such a dismal low. :snicker:

Remind me again what was the seminal incident that started him on his quest for a private prosecution?
To make a long story short, Deano and his brother were hitch-hiking from Port Alberni to Duncan to go to court, or so Deano claims. They were stopped by the police and got picked up for bail violations. If you take a look at his court record stemming from the incident at the Qualicum Beach hobo jungle it is a sorry tale of missed court appearances resulting in bench warrants being issued and Breach of Recognisance for not remaining within a particular jurisdiction. All a big mistake according to Deano. The welfare people in BC according to him were supposed to ensure that the court in Nanaimo modified his bail conditions to suit his peripatetic lifestyle as he moved to Duncan and then Port Alberni.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

About what I expected, someone else's fault, just like it always is . Kidnapped fer shure. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Deano is not really MIA, except on Facebook and twitter. He's living out his dreams, still in the homeless camp in Nanaimo. Things are going just great in his mind since now he has a wider audience as a social justice activist for the homeless. He's been arrested and released and got his picture in a newspaper, and he's named in a petition before the courts to close down the tent city. They even have a crusading lawyer to represent them:
https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/he ... tent-city/
Life couldn't be better for him right now since he has a captive audience of homeless people.