Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Dean Kory - A Study in Free Living

Post by Burnaby49 »

Death Squads stalk Dean and Darcy!!!

They survive an assassination attempt!!!

I was just about to write Dean off. Tomorrow would have been six months to the day since he last posted on Face Book. I was preparing his eulogy and decided to give FB one last check. And found this, posted 16 hours ago;
Dean Kory
16 hrs ·
My brother and I were fire bombed in our tent and are being stalked by someone trying to kill us. .help us.
Talk about returning with a bang! Dramatic even by Dean's standards and he sets a high bar.

Apparently he's been living in Nanaimo's tent city since my last postings on him. Discontent City should have been shut down by court order months ago but the indigent occupants keep getting extensions, probably because the city is at a loss what to do with them. However they do seem to be making some progress with relocating;
Dean Kory BC housing started to relocate tent city residents to the temple units and the unhouseable left behind are being threatened and are disappearing
This posting resulted in a question that's on my mind too regarding Dean's comment;
Taylor Leamons Good to hear you’re still alive! Why are you categorized as ‘unhouseable’??
Maybe for the same reason he's been thrown out of every other place he's stayed at? Because he's Dean and can't get along with anyone with the slightest authority. I can recall, without checking, him being thrown out of the Qualicum Beach hobo dump, the Salvation Army and Cambie Hotel in Nanaimo, the indigent shelters in Port Alberni and Victoria, the campground in the woods in Tofino and the motel in Port Alberni.

Dean doesn't say why he and Darcy have been targeted by assassins but it's pretty obvious to we Dean followers. Ever since he arrived in British Columbia he's been the victim of relentless court conspiracies, police conspiracies, welfare conspiracies, all out to destroy him. But he's valiantly struggled on to bring out the truth and, if the powers that be have sent killers after him, he must be close to bringing down the entire corrupt power structure enslaving Canadians. Or was he was careless with a Coleman stove? Whichever is closer to the truth Dean has, as always, his own self-important take on the situation;
Dean Kory Darcy and I are being specifically targeted

John Johnson Dean Damn, are still in danger?

Dean Kory Yes..they want us dead
As always the evil cabal that runs our province have managed to cover up any trace of their failed attempt on his life. How else can you explain the fact that I can find nothing on Google about a recent tent fire in Discontent City or in Victoria? On the plus side whatever happened got him moving.
Dean Kory my brother and I left Naniamos tent city last night and came to Victoria today

Dean Kory we are in Victoria going as public as possible about what is happening in Naniamos tent city
As followers of this thread know his last stay in Victoria wasn't a happy one. He was kicked out of a homeless shelter that specializes in hopeless indigents who've hit rock-bottom and then he was railroaded out of town by the police. One of his followers, who obviously doesn't follow Quatloos, seems to have no clue about Dean's history of evictions;
Enaj Eod And this is why hamlets form then grow into a shire. Hopeful people are doing what they can to help.
Isn't it winter over there at the moment. Why are you both in tents ?
Good question Enaj. And Bob is skeptical that Dean is actually targeted by killers;
Bob Roper That sounds more like harassment. People in tents are unable to see who's coming at them. if they wanted you dead, that's what you'd be, and burning a tent is very unlikely to do that IMO.
His followers are, as always, right there for him with practical advice and assistance. One suggests fortifications;
Edward Prybylko Successful tent encampments operate internationally under fortification by having, first of all a name that divides the organization from other ambiguities like homeless. You're not really homeless if you're heart is somewhere. Purpose in life. Intent. Also, fortified organization has someone there to be present, like a security guard and or custodian.
Others point to religion;
David Solomon Ben Ahayah I dont know Dean, im in the same good fight, but, no one is trying to kill me. perhaps they see you as a SINNER who is not playing his role because you have not fully trully accepted Gods Law as your standard.

Turner Bland wtf? location? are you armed? pray in Christ brother
Some tell Dean to fight back violently;
Tom Chalker Get your gunz

Jon Wasylenko Fire bomb them back.

Hagen Wil Dress dark and warm and weapon up in the dark and wait.. If they have night vision you well know it.. Try and record and if they can see you.. Draw them into danger
And some to run for their lives;
Ann-Marie St. Michael Get out of there!!! Stay out of there!

Josie Farley Is there anywhere else you could or want to go to to leave that specific camp/ region? If all government is corrupt - which it IS then it appears those who know the difference will HAVE TO LIVE A VERY NOMADIC LIFESTYLE! There is no place safe and no getting comfortable once you know the real deal. I'm stressed to see you are going through this Dean. Now GET OUT OF THERE

QiHiyealthanoolth TimoyKin KanMethqa Oh my goodness you need to get out of town!!Dean plz be careful...
But even though death squads are hunting them down there's always time for a little landscaping. Some shrubbery would be nice, maybe roses;
Edward Prybylko Put up a sign and do some landscaping and call it an abandonment by the City and Acquisition by Tent Housed Occupants.
Then there's this totally clueless woman who thinks Dean is an American;
Debbie Marsh Stay safe, making this public will enlighten whats happening in this craxy world run by evil. God bless you Dean Kory and all. You say camps, is this fema?? What part of the states are you hunny
And disparaging remarks about my home town;
Pepper Wagner That entire Island is a Satanic. So is Vancouver.
Then the craziest solution yet;
Laurie Tomasino Got passports!? Head south!
A passport? Dean? He refuses to accept any government ID and, in any case, passports cost money. There is absolutely no chance the American border guards would allow either him or Darcy entry. For some inexplicable reason the United States isn't willing to allow ranting deadbeats with criminal records into the country.

One thing I note about the 47 replies to his FB posting. His followers are big on advice but not so much on the "help us" part. Nobody's offered cash although a few have offered accommodation.

So, long after I'd given up on Dean, he's back with gusto! With luck he'll provide me with a winter's worth of entertainment. But, an unworthy thought. Why now and why no news story about a recent fire at tent city? The Nanaimo news outlets have been very diligent about reporting problems there. Could it be, I should be ashamed of myself for thinking this, all bullshit? Winter's here and we've been having, for the Vancouver Island area, a cold snap. Could Dean just be tired of living in a tent in a squat at below freezing temperatures and is trying to get some cash donations? If so he's off to a dismal start.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm
Taylor Leamons Good to hear you’re still alive! Why are you categorized as ‘unhouseable’??
Maybe for the same reason he's been thrown out of every other place he's stayed at? Because he's Dean and can't get along with anyone with the slightest authority. I can recall, without checking, him being thrown out of the Qualicum Beach hobo dump, the Salvation Army and Cambie Hotel in Nanaimo, the indigent shelters in Port Alberni and Victoria, the campground in the woods in Tofino and the motel in Port Alberni.
The Kory brothers are unhousable simply because they don't meet the criteria for the 170 new supportive housing units intended for the residents of the tent city. The major point is that they aren't actually from Nanaimo, they just showed up at the tent camp from Port Alberni after it had allready started. There are other residents of the camp that have been living on the streets of Nanaimo for much longer and have various social, physical, and mental issues that put them well ahead of the Korys and are more deserving of help than these two.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Actually Dean was in Nanaimo before tent city went up, not by much but before. He was already camping in that wasteland being used as an unregulated dump when the tent city started. I reported on Dean's new move to tenting in Nanaimo on May 8th. The earliest reference I can find for Nanaimo's Discontent City is this one from May 17th.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/new-homele ... n-nanaimo/

That said I would agree that two single, able-bodied males with no obvious mental health issues and who are apparently homeless because of their steadfast unwillingness to work at paid employment would not be a priority with Nanaimo housing authorities. Pretty much anyone is more deserving of help than these two.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suspect one(of the many issues) of Deano's other issues leading to unhouseability is his allergy to actual ID and cooperate with anyone remotely resembling authority or to cooperate with them in getting housed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I just checked Dean's FaceBook page and, happily, he was still alive three hours ago. The assasination teams must have backed off after the publicity given to their failed attempts.

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 am Actually Dean was in Nanaimo before tent city went up, not by much but before. He was already camping in that wasteland being used as an unregulated dump when the tent city started. I reported on Dean's new move to tenting in Nanaimo on May 8th. The earliest reference I can find for Nanaimo's Discontent City is this one from May 17th.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/new-homele ... n-nanaimo/

That said I would agree that two single, able-bodied males with no obvious mental health issues and who are apparently homeless because of their steadfast unwillingness to work at paid employment would not be a priority with Nanaimo housing authorities. Pretty much anyone is more deserving of help than these two.
one could argue that kory's disruption of an otherwise peaceful homeless establishment is what made people ware of them.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Perhaps I was a little unclear in my reply about the Kory brothers being "unhousable". Estimates of the homeless population in Nanaimo were about 150 persons before the tent city but the tent city at its height had 330 occupants. When the city acquired 170 new shelter spots and the encampment had to be shut down they had to make some tough decisions. The occupants were interviewed and scored for the new spaces with priority given to those who had been long time residents of Nanaimo and how well they could fit into various assistance programs under the "housing first" strategy. The most obvious examples with easy solutions are those of a person working a minimum wage job and can't afford a place of their own in a tight rental market or a single parent exiting an abusive relationship. Deano has spent the past year in a rather peripatetic lifestyle and doesn't want to participate in any of the lifestyle management assistance programs available at shelters so he went to the bottom of the list.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well. I've been take to task. I've been told that I'm a sick twisted sociopath who sadistically delights in mocking the mentally ill! Harsh, very harsh. And who's posted this opinion about me on Face Book? None other than Robert Menard, the man himself!
Robert Menard "With luck he'll provide me with a winter's worth of entertainment." Burnaby49 (Dean's #1 Internet stalker)
http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... &t=9391...

If the misfortune of others, even those whose political beliefs are radically different from your own is how you entertain yourself, you are a sociopath. According to Burnaby49, Dean is suffering from metal health issues. So what does He do? Mock him, denigrate him, and laugh at his plight.

Burnaby, you are a sick twisted sociopath. Maybe that is why you so enjoyed being a tax collector and jailing the poor.
Rob posted this on Dean Kory's Face Book page as a reply in the posting Dean made about the assassination attempt on him and Darcy. Rob also provided a link to this discussion. The last time I made a posting regarding Menard was over a year and a half ago;

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 48&t=11443

and yet it appears he still avidly follows my Quatloos postings. It's nice to be remembered.

For the record Rob, I do not believe that Dean is mentally ill. Her claims a disability although he's coy regarding what it is apart from an excuse to demand welfare. But he does not have a mental health disability, at least not to the extent that health and police authorities make accommodation for him. His problems are personality driven, not metal mental illness, although I agree the two can shade together on a spectrum. He apparently has anger problems and very little self-control. He has a very confrontational hostility to authority, any authority, be it police, courts, landlords, even the people running a Salvation Army shelter. Most of us, facing the normal frustrations and frictions of living in society, shrug it off and move on. Dean's default is confrontation. Constant confrontation. A choice that has not stood him well. And he has a victim's mentality. Nothing is ever his fault. All his fights with police, his evictions, his problems with social services, everything is someone else's fault, not his.

But I doubt Dean has the self-awareness or introspection to realize that his behavior may be the root of his problems. He seems to believe that he doesn't need to make the effort to accommodate others in society, the world has to accommodate him. Where has this life-view led him? As I wrote in respect to his 50th birthday;
Dean had his 50th birthday last month. So let's review where the first five decades of his life have gotten him and how he's facing his next decade;

1 - Criminal record
2 - Divorced
2 - Constant hostile interactions with the RCMP and the courts
3 - Dead broke
4 - Unemployed and probably unemployable
5 - Squatting in a tent in a garbage dump
I doubt that even Menard believes in Kory's bullshit story that he and Darcy are targeted by assassins. What I think has happened is that Dean, following his life-long habits, has burned his bridges at Discontent City due to his confrontational behaviour. So, as he's already done a half-dozen times before in his relatively short sojourn on Vancouver Island, he's fled the scene. But he's not about to give us the real reason he's left Nanaino, that would put him at fault and things are never his fault. So he's made up a lurid tale of a murder attempt and a pack of killers on his trail to give a heroic narrative to yet another failed chapter in his life.

The problem he's facing is that he's now run out of places to run to. Apart from Campbell River he's had hostile interactions with police, social services, landlords, courts, and acquaintances at every town of any consequence on the island. He's now in Victoria but Victoria doesn't seem to be a place that will welcome him with open arms. As related on Quatloos he already has a history there. He was kicked out of Victoria's Rock Bay Landing emergency shelter and fled the town. If I recall correctly he claimed that the police were trying to kill him and Darcy as a result of exposing a drug ring in the shelter.

So, yes, I mock Dean. Make of that what you will. But let's not make him the sad unfortunate victim in his life's narrative. He's leading the life that he's chosen to make for himself.

Chaos

Post by Chaos »

and yet it appears he avidly follows my Quatloos postings
indeed he does. also International Skeptic Forum to see if he's been exposed in whatever his latest scam is.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 am Well. I've been take to task. I've been told that I'm a sick twisted sociopath who sadistically delights in mocking the mentally ill!

Tell us something we dont know.
Robert Menard "With luck he'll provide me with a winter's worth of entertainment." Burnaby49 (Dean's #1 Internet stalker)
http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... &t=9391... Dean is suffering from metal health issues.
Being an asshole and ruining good homeless spots is not a recognized mental condition.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent

I wonder if Deano knows his staunch defender is claiming he is mentally ill? Doubt that would go over well, and Bobby is such a charming individual at the best of times as it is.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Menard wrote:Dean is suffering from metal health issues.
Lead poisoning?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean and his brother set ablaze like human torches!!

The RCMP laugh at their agony!!

How do I know? Dean said so himself!! Apprehensive after no recent word from Dean on his plight at Discontent City I decided to undertake the arduous task of Googling him to see if he was still keeping one step ahead of the assassins. And I found an update to his posting on his FaceBook page that added details to his story. This is what he'd posted on December 4th on his site;
Dean Kory

December 4 at 8:46 PM ·
My brother and I were fire bombed in our tent and are being stalked by someone trying to kill us. .help us.
That was all that he told us. Perhaps he was just being modest about the harrowing true story of his ordeal but, since that apparently didn't elicit quite the response he'd been hoping for, on December 7th, he opened up a bit on what he'd really suffered when he posted this on the "A Better Nanaimo" FaceBook page;
Dean Kory My brother and I were fire bombed out of our tent.threatened by men holding us captive for over an hour then setting us ablaze.these men had a car inside the fence at 3am. This fence and key controlled by BC Housing.Why no media on this
Concerned questions;
Terry Lee Wagar Dean.. Holy crap. Exactly what happened and when?

Glenn Sheepwash Did you phone RCMP
Phone the RCMP? They were there mocking them!
Dean Kory the rcmp were laughing.at us and saying they saw a cell phone vid that shows nobody near our tent
A Better Nanaimo is a FB page concerned with things like garbage collection, parking, and the shortage of green roofs in Nanaimo. Vital stuff like this;
Ron Poulter Mind you I still don't understand why fellow Coop members in Ladysmith get gas one cent cheaper than members in Nanaimo when it obviously costs more to ship the gas to a station further away. I just think all Coop members should be treated equally. Yes, it is only one cent now, not twelve cents, but (a nit pick?) still not equal . :-)
And;

Does anyone know why the 7-11 closed on Nicol st.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/abetter ... 773861914/

However since Discontent City is a very pressing Nanaimo issue they are also doing coverage of the state of the municipal efforts to close the encampment. On December 7th they posted that Discontent City was finally shut down with equipment coming in the middle of the night to clean up the mountains of garbage;
Terry Lee Wagar is at Discontent City.
December 7 at 5:59 PM · Nanaimo, BC
Dec 7, 2018, DisconTent City..
Wow.. Quite the scene as the last hours run out for DC. It's like a strange movie set, but it's real life. I'm glad most of the people here are getting placed, but.. Couldn't the City have waited until tomorrow to send the equipment in?
Here's an article verifying the closure;
Nanaimo News Now
11 hrs
Discontent City is officially closed nearly eight months after opening and becoming B.C.'s largest tent city.
Bulldozers are quickly returning the land back to an empty, barren lot after more than 150 people moved out into new temporary modular housing.
https://nanaimonewsnow.com/article/6032 ... zl7k2t7QS8

So the real story seems to be that Dean and Darcy got kicked out without being offered alternate housing because, as eric noted, with limited social housing available and a lot of people to house they just didn't make the cut. But that ending didn't fit into Dean's context of the Hero's Journey so Dean had to juice things up a bit with a lurid tale of a firebombing, being set ablaze, assassins, a shadowy cartel of "they" wanting him dead, and fleeing for his life. A much more satisfying narrative that just relating about yet another forced eviction to add to the perhaps dozen or so that Dean has faced since arriving on Vancouver Island just over two years ago. However his posting about becoming the human torch didn't gain any traction amongst the concerned citizens of Nanaimo. Apart from the Glenn Sheepwash and Terry Lee Wagar postings that I copied Dean got no responses at all. The Nicol Street 7-11 closure seemed of far more importance to them.

About all I can make from this saga is that Dean and Darcy are once again in Victoria and homeless. Even if they acquire temporary accommodation it won't last long before their inevitable confrontations with whomever is in charge will leave them back on the street yet again. But maybe that's just the sick twisted sociopath in me speaking.

notorial dissent

Actually, there might be the teeniest bit of veracity to the story, I would imagine that anyone having to live in close proximity to or deal with them might well consider firebombing a viable alternative to further contact.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 am About all I can make from this saga is that Dean and Darcy are once again in Victoria and homeless.
and clothes-less and skinless because, ya know, set on fire.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:21 am Actually, there might be the teeniest bit of veracity to the story, I would imagine that anyone having to live in close proximity to or deal with them might well consider firebombing a viable alternative to further contact.
Or maybe they were smoking (tobacco or otherwise) in their tent and set themselves on fire.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

My thought is that there wasn't any tent fire, it's all just bullshit. Problems at Discontent City got high-profile coverage in Nanaimo including a previous tent fire in, I believe, September. However if Dean did have a tent fire it was certainly self-induced throught careless use of a heater, or smoking, or whatever. But, as I've noted before, Dean is always the victim, he's never at fault. So the explanation for the fire had to be somehow built into his heroic narrative. Assassins? Why not toss them into the mix too? Although any reason for assassinating Dean, apart from being an irritant to local government, eludes me. I'd like to think that the Nanaimo City government has better uses for it's wetwork budget than Dean and Darcy. And more competent operatives than Dean's purported stalkers.

Maybe his fan base is learning. In the past when Dean made pleas for help because of some fake crisis he always seemed to get someone willing to cough up at least some minor cash handout. Not this time.

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

reminds me of an old saying.....

build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night. light a man on fire you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:04 pm My thought is that there wasn't any tent fire, it's all just bullshit. Problems at Discontent City got high-profile coverage in Nanaimo including a previous tent fire in, I believe, September. However if Dean did have a tent fire it was certainly self-induced throught careless use of a heater, or smoking, or whatever. But, as I've noted before, Dean is always the victim, he's never at fault. So the explanation for the fire had to be somehow built into his heroic narrative. Assassins? Why not toss them into the mix too? Although any reason for assassinating Dean, apart from being an irritant to local government, eludes me. I'd like to think that the Nanaimo City government has better uses for it's wetwork budget than Dean and Darcy. And more competent operatives than Dean's purported stalkers.

Maybe his fan base is learning. In the past when Dean made pleas for help because of some fake crisis he always seemed to get someone willing to cough up at least some minor cash handout. Not this time.
I would a very clear summation. As you say, the one constant with Deano is that it is ALWAYS someone elses fault, I don't see this being any different.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dean just posted the cryptic comment;
After the explosions...
With these images of what appears to be a semi-cleared spot in a garbage dump;

I'm assuming this is his proof of the assassination attempt to kill him and Darcy by burning their tent down. But who knows? Well Dean knows but he's being deliberately obscure, leaving even his followers befuddled;
Tim Murphy What happened?

Jean Smith What on earth Dean Kory are you ok?

Mason James Explosions?

Robert Rossiter Wtf r U ok?
This is his first personal posting on his FB page since his harrowing December 4th posting pleading for help because they were fleeing for their lives pursued by a death squad. I'd hoped that any follow-up to that one would provide details and evidence along with an explanation of why someone had unleashed assassins on them. What have they been doing to warrant a death sentence? Instead we get this rubbish. Dean's not even trying anymore.