James Clifford Hanna - ex-Notary

Moderator: Burnaby49

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

James Clifford Hanna - ex-Notary

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

My next subject is James Clifford Hanna (“Cliff Hanna”) of Whitehorse, Yukon. Mr. Hanna was at one time a notary. Now he is not:
Mr. Hanna was sworn in as a Notary Public in 2010. Within a couple years his activities triggered some complaints, and he was stripped of that status on July 17, 2012. The decision which orders that is a little cryptic, but I believe it is possible to decipher some of what was going on.

Mr. Hanna's identified misconduct includes authorizing a document titled “Notary’s Affidavit of Service”, which the court notes is neither an affidavit, nor correctly sworn: para. 4. It is attached to “a notice of default”, which suggests an attempt to enforce a foisted unilateral agreement: para. 4. Then Mr. Hanna “verified” documents of Dan and Laura Bird, though neither is located in the Yukon.

Then Mr. Hanna moves directly into classic Freeman / Sovereign territory by filing with the Yukon Attorney General a “Notice of Revocation of Power of Attorney”. This puzzles Justice Veale (para. 5):
… Now, interestingly, that document does not purport to be a document signed as a Notary Public, but it is a document that would demonstrate a profound misunderstanding of documents. He includes in that a Notice of Revocation of Power of Attorney. The Notice of Revocation of Power of Attorney is affirmed by him and of course he is the person that is claiming to be revoking a power of attorney. A very strange document indeed.
Here Justice Veale probably has encountered the dread Strawman and split/double person argument.

Last, a “Fee Schedule” sent to the Canadian Minister of Justice. The judgment reproduces a couple of stereotypic fee schedule penalties (para. 7):
...for any transgressions by peace officers, government officials, agents or justice system participants against me as follows:
  • - If questioned, interrogated or in any way detained, harassed or otherwise regulated; One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) per hour or portion thereof.

- If handcuffed, transported, incarcerated or subjected to any adjudication process without express written and notarized consent from me; Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) flat fee and then Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000) per hour...
Justice Veale observes:
… it is a very strange fee schedule and the jurat indicates a complete incompetence and understanding of the role of a Notary Public.
Last, is an affidavit of Mr. Hanna that is then affirmed by himself. Justice Veale simply concludes that alone this document is a basis to revoke Mr. Hanna’s status as a Notary Public.

Cliff was subsequently interviewed by the Yukon News (http://yukon-news.com/news/court-strips ... ic-status/). All in all he seems pretty mellow about the result:
However, he had expected that outcome, he said.

“It’s their commission, they gave it to me, and they can take it away, so that’s just fine,” Hanna said.
This interview also reveals that Mr. Hanna was conducting at least some of his notorial functions via Skype. When asked, Cliff denied knowledge or connection to Canada’s Freeman-on-the-Land movement:
The original complaint against Hanna suggested that the documents he notarized might be associated with a group called the “Freemen,” who had been clogging up the Alberta courts with strange legal requests.

Hanna said that he has never heard of the group, and that he is not responsible for the contents of the documents he notarizes.

After being alerted to the group’s existence by the News, Hanna said that he was interested in learning more about the Freemen, since they seem to have caught people’s attention.

“I think that all of these things need to be looked at carefully and that our status quo is not as effective as it could be, and I’d like to see it better.”
That is the only reported court decision that describes the legal adventures of Mr. Hanna, but a little prowling discovered that Mr. Hanna in 2006 had tried to evade income tax by making an unusual name-related argument. The most detailed report appears to be one by the CBC (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/200 ... -name.html):
A Whitehorse man who tried to thwart tax collectors by claiming he doesn't have a name has been fined more than $3,000.

Cliff Hanna was convicted in territorial court late last month of failing to file income tax returns for the past three years.

He attempted to persuade the justice of the peace, Garry Burgess, that he is a free man who owes the government nothing.

In a sworn affidavit, he declared that the name James Clifford Hanna was put on his birth certificate many years ago in Alberta without his permission. He disclaimed responsibility for debts or obligations the government may now assign to that name.

He said people continue to be defrauded into believing their birth certificates oblige them to obey demands of the Crown. He added there is no record anywhere that he ever accepted the Hanna name.

The fact he occasionally responds to the name means nothing, Hanna said.

"I respond to 'Uncle' from my niece and nephews, and 'Meow' from my aunt's cats, but it is doubtful that any of these is my true name," he argued in court documents.

As far as he is concerned, the name James Clifford Hanna is "hearsay."

It is the property and creation of the Crown, he said. "If you wish to collect debt instruments (Canadian legal tender) ... may I suggest you send your invoice and demand for performance to the ministry responsible" in Alberta, he said.

The justice of the peace imposed the minimum fine plus a surcharge for a total of $3,450.
Older online commentary indicates that comparison of the Hanna affidavit mentioned in this CBC report had its text match 100% with material advanced by Eldon Warman of DetaxCanada (http://us.legal.narkive.com/If2IwQZH/ir ... strawman.2). I was not able to verify this claim.

However, I did discover a wealth of materials from Mr. Hanna on the National Republic Registry website:
When not evading his legal obligations Cliff is a Yukon’s only horse dentist (http://yukon-news.com/life/why-horses-dont-wear-braces) and was president of the Yukon Agricultural Association (http://whitehorsestar.com/archive/story ... f-project/). Cliff has a Facebook page but it does not show any obvious Freeman / Sovereign interests or affiliations.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: James Clifford Hanna - ex-Notary

Post by notorial dissent »

Scary the way you just keep finding them.

It sounds like our Mr Hanna was an early on Suvrun fellow traveler. I'm impressed that it only took him two years to get his ticket pulled. The offending document, stripped of everything else sounds pretty much like the standard Notarial Protest scam as practiced by the sovvy's.

Kind of sounds like a sovvy, and an inept one at that.

Pretty sad, and telling, when they pull your ticket because you can't figure how to properly do a jurat even if it is invalid.

Dentists and crazy, what can I say!!!!

This one has drunk deep of the coolaide, and I think they made with methyl alcohol.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.