Marcel Bessette - The Peace Maker Society

Moderator: Burnaby49

noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Marcel Bessette - The Peace Maker Society

Post by noblepa »

The Observer wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm I 'm still surprised that he hasn't mouthed off to the wrong person and been beaten in to a bloody pulp, even Canadians I would think have their limits.
It's the one strange constant I have seen over the years ever since I started keep an eye on the tax scam/sovrun movement: none of the scammers ever seem to attract enough anger from any of their marks that they end up at least getting beaten for cheating the mark. I think that is why it is pretty safe to be a scammer as long as you don't target organized crime figures.
I suspect that, except for possibly the lowest level street thug, organized crime figures are too smart to be taken in by such tax scams. Even if they somehow believed the scam, they will not risk attracting attention to themselves in this way. They are always mindful of the tact that Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion, not murder or bootlegging.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:30 pm I suspect that, except for possibly the lowest level street thug, organized crime figures are too smart to be taken in by such tax scams. Even if they somehow believed the scam, they will not risk attracting attention to themselves in this way.
Apparently not: https://www.thechicagosyndicate.com/20 ... ewife.html
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

I saw on the Reddit SovCit board (https://www.reddit.com/r/amibeingdetained/) that Marcel Bessette (real name Marc Zurawell) is on the Manitoba RCMP's most wanted list: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2021 ... y-zurawell. This dates to December 2021, but he is apparently still at large.

One of the charges is "threat to internationally protected person." Not sure what that means. Did he threaten Her Majesty or the Governor General?

I can't find other news coverage of the exact situation that sparked this search for him. But I thought you might be interested that he has gotten himself in the news again.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Thanks, news to me. Not surprised, he was getting crazier and crazier.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:51 pmThis dates to December 2021, but he is apparently still at large.
Still up on the RCMP Manitoba FB site as of June 29.

As for "internationally protected person" - it's a term of art from the Protection of Diplomats Convention. It's defined at the very beginning of the Convention, and generally means heads of state and diplomats. The Convention requires that all signatories (which include all members of the UN) either prosecute or extradite anyone who commits or threatens acts of violence against an IPP.

Looks like ol' Marc has hit the big time. And all he had to do was . . . act naturally.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Buck Owens is an unusual inspiration given your normal Monty Python references.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

wserra

Post by wserra »

Yeah, I know that Buck did the original version, but the actual inspiration was Ringo.

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Ringo was what came to mind when I read your post. There aren't many Buck Owens fans around but there are lots of Beatles fans with memories of Ringo. However I was just going out the door for an afternoon's pubbing and didn't have time to go into Ringo's discography and the song was a solid hit for Buck.

Ringo got one song per album and John and Paul tried to give him simple songs because of his limited vocal abilities. So in the early albums he went with Carl Perkins (Matchbox, Honey Don't) and Buck Owens. When he moved past C&W he did What Goes On from Rubber Soul and Why Don't we Do it in the Road from Double White, neither of which required any vocal dexterity. Although, as an offset, he did do A Little Help From my Friends on Sgt. Peppers.

Ringo was a big Buck Owens fan and based his second solo album, Beaucoup of The Blues, on Buck's style. As one reviewer of Beaucoup of the Blues wrote;
Village Voice critic Robert Christgau believed Starr was trying to impersonate Buck Owens while singing flat, if not entirely faint, but concluded that "both the songs and Pete Drake's production bespeak a high-quality obsession – the music sticks. And Ringo is still Ringo, which means he's good at making himself felt."
Buck came from Bakersfield California. I only know this because I unfortunately once spent a night in that miserable dump and everywhere I went there was something reminding me that it was Buck's home town. I guess that was the only advertising plus they had.

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Buck came from Bakersfield California.
So does my wonderful dog!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:32 am Ringo got one song per album and John and Paul tried to give him simple songs because of his limited vocal abilities. So in the early albums he went with Carl Perkins (Matchbox, Honey Don't) and Buck Owens. When he moved past C&W he did What Goes On from Rubber Soul and Why Don't we Do it in the Road from Double White…

Ringo sang “Good Night” on that album, surely?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Quite correct, my mistake. Since the white album was the Beatles only double record album he was given two songs, one on each record. 'Don't pass Me By' was on record 1 and 'Good Night' on record 2. I incorrectly attributed 'Why Don't We Do It In The Road' to Ringo in my prior posting but that was sung by Paul.

The total lyrics to Why Don't We Do It In The Road were;

Why don't we do it in the road,
No one will be watching us,

repeated for 1:42.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I had originally planned to do a post about FMOTL concepts in the more fringe Alberta political parties but I've been muzzled by the hands of big government. :naughty: Rational explanation - we have a provincial election coming up in Alberta, I'm an election worker (although I haven't been issued my supply of voting machines/aka 2H pencils yet) so I can't talk about anything even remotely political to preserve my neutrality. Instead I thought I would dive into "whatever happened to" style posts. Too often quatloosian stars rise and then disappear from view.

The first one is our old friend Marcel. When last heard from he was on the lam from the RCMP. He's out now, on some form of bail or probation, and back in Winnipeg. Sadly, he seems to be living in a series of rooming houses and Marcel Bessete has died. He has undergone a rebirth however as Riley Winnipeg as his new persona using elements of his real name, Marcus Riley Zurawell.

In conjunction with his lowered position, he has found a new target audience. Previously in his many videos he wore a suit, at one point even a carefully trimmed beard. Here's an example:
So who are the members of his new peacemakers society? Lower socioeconomic class - check, on some form of social assistance - check, indigenous or at least claim to be - check, claimed to be a military veteran with ptsd - check. Here's a shining star, one Trevor Reichart from Spruce Grove Alberta. Claims to be an indigenous veteran with ptsd and is on some form of social assistance. His "World Campfire Initiative" amounts to him having homeless people living in his garage, which causes some disagreements with the authorities.
https://www.facebook.com/WorldCampfire
https://worldcampfireinitiative.com
https://www.youtube.com/@WorldCampfireI ... shelf_id=0

Of course Riley/Marcel had to hook up with People of the Salmon to enhance his indigenous credibility.
viewtopic.php?p=291956#p291956
Here he his on a zoom call last year with them, Marcel appears at about 1:35:00

and of course https://www.privatelawtrusts.org is his website with links to a curated (within the last month or so) collection of Marcel's more sane vids...

BTW, learned about Marcel's latest initiative from a real veteran with ptsd and other medical problems whose coping mechanism is his art and living on a homestead style farm back in the bush away from society.
edit: - surprising how many veterans I personally know have turned to art. Amongst them is a the one I mentioned above, a silversmith, a photographer, a potter, and more than one musician including one who plays the bodhran professionally.