Amy Collins - "Call me My Lady"

Moderator: Burnaby49

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Amy Collins - "Call me My Lady"

Post by LordEd »

A report of a case in St. John's that perhaps the experts here can find the actual legal info for:

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2 ... jections/1

It was a bizarre court case in which a woman vehemently refused to participate in her trial, continuously shouted objections during proceedings and insisted that the judge call her “My Lady.”

Amy Collins voices her objection to court proceedings as she is led out of provincial court in St. John’s after being found in contempt of court by the judge in her trial Friday. — Photo by Rosie Gillingham/The Telegram

Her name is Amy Collins, but she refused to answer to it when her case was called in provincial court in St. John’s Friday.

“I do not have a name,” she told Judge Mike Madden. “I have a calling.”

The woman is a reportedly acting as a member of Freeman-on-the-Land, a fairly new movement in North America whose members believe all statute law is contractual. They refuse to heed rules on the basis that statute laws are voluntary, and anyone declaring themselves a sovereign citizen doesn’t have to adhere to government rules.

Since Collins refused to call witnesses, or participate at all, Madden found her guilty.

“I wish this case to be dismissed!” Collins said loudly.

To the judge, she said, “Mr. Supernumerary, why are you still speaking? I’m the only one with standing in this courtroom and have the rights.”

Again ignoring her tirade, Madden said he wanted Collins to have legal representation put in place for sentencing.

When he addressed her as Miss Collins, she again said, “Are you addressing me? You may address me as My Lady.”

To which Madden replied, “I don’t really think that’s going to happen.”

A sentencing hearing is set for Oct. 22.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Amy Collins - "Call me My Lady"

Post by webhick »

Judge should have ordered a psych eval.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Newfoundland (most easterly Canadian province) is an odd spot for Freeman arguments to pop up. Well out of any mainstream and not an extremist culture. Maybe Mowe has some info on it.

I agree with Webhick. From the newspaper article she seems unbalanced.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

LordEd wrote:
When he addressed her as Miss Collins, she again said, “Are you addressing me? You may address me as My Lady.”
I think that's what they called Marie Antoinette just before the guillotine. "Head on the block, My Lady."
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Yeesh, I'm almost done writing an analysis on Ms. Collins - and somebody scooped the news! No worries, I have some (lots!) of additional data:

Is Amy nuts? Why not have a look for yourselves! Here’s a nice little news report that includes in-court video (http://ntv.ca/woman-in-st-johns-court-c ... -the-land/) of The Lady herself. This report says the misconduct that led to the trial charges was that Amy interfered with the arrest of a man who was in her car and also then released that man from a police cruiser after he had been detained.

This is the first media report of a Newfoundland OPCA litigant but I have for awhile been aware of and tracking a group of them operating in that province. These persons are members of the Freeman-on-the-Land splinter group, the Human Rights Defenders League in Canada, which is discussed in these two threads (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9418) (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9453). There are two leaders to this group, Wally Dove and Kent Barrett. Kent leads the Newfoundland cell to which Amy Collins belongs.

Let’s meet the players!

Amy Leigh Collins also goes by the name “LeighOftheHouseof Collins”. Her Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/leigh.higgins.10) is chock full of interesting stuff, amidst all the usual Freemanish copypasta. I think Amy’s angst comes from a child custody seizure. Amy directs much rage at the child welfare apparatus, posts photos of her with her child, blames her “malicious ex” (http://www.facebook.com/leigh.higgins.1 ... 4236416367), as well as her sister who obtained a no contact order against Amy because the sister “… worked for years with the judges, clerks , sherriff officers...she lied to them, told them false truths...corruption all around....and now they consider her the prosecutions witness...i just dont get it...” (http://www.facebook.com/leigh.higgins.1 ... 4857749640).

Some items for review, in chronological order:
Amy is trying to use a variation of the classic Freeman-on-the-Land “I opt out of government stuff” strategy being promoted by Barrett and Dove via the Human Rights Defenders League in Canada. This scheme is described here (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9453) but in very brief the new twist (such as it is), is that having a Strawman is a right protected under international human rights treaties, so to get rid of the Strawman you invoke those treaties to opt out. Yes, it doesn’t work.

Amy’s counsel who didn’t show is Deborah Thistle, her Facebook site is here (http://www.facebook.com/deborah.thistle). Deb actually identifies her occupation as “Human rights defender”! Tons of Freemanish copypasta. She too seems to have issues with government family services. Loads of OPCA social contacts. Otherwise, not too much of particular interest.

Kent Barrett’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/kent.barrett) is filled with masses of Freemanish copypasta and very little of substance. But there’s a little fun scattered here and there. For example, back in September Amy and Deborah thought Kent was dead, in trouble, or something – and so asked the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary to investigate (http://www.facebook.com/kent.barrett/po ... 0949772262) (http://www.facebook.com/kent.barrett/po ... 3528256710). That made Kent mad:
DO NOT EVER send the RNC over to my house. They show up demanding my NAME, it was lucky not to end with some violence before I figured it out, and the cops DO NOT KNOW what you're talking about when you require their name to give yours. They are used to getting answers and they have fucking guns.

So, PLEASE do not send cops.

THANK YOU!~
Sometimes it’s tough being a guru… But at least he's meeting nice single ladies. Err. Single ladies.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Now that the freeman style movement has changed from Internet-forum nutcases to "slow news day filler" nutcases, I expect we will see them more in mass media.

For the visiting freeman, this translates to "increase smear movement against valiant freedom fighters".
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

LordEd wrote:Now that the freeman style movement has changed from Internet-forum nutcases to "slow news day filler" nutcases, I expect we will see them more in mass media. ...
I think you are correct. A lot of newspapers have a 'court beat' reporter who spends most of his or her day in the courthouse, either attending proceedings that are known to have a public interest, or just trolling for something potentially newsworthy. I imagine those reporters frequently run into "crazy person does crazy talk" scenarios, but those are rarely deemed worthy of publication, even though I personally find myself quite entertained by the babblings of paranoid schizophrenics, such as the exulted St. Francis E. Dec, Your One Hope For a Future!

Come to think of it, that very well may have predisposed me to my current hobby...

In any case, now at least some of those eccentric court proceedings are very newsworthy - a simply excellent development.

I have been unsuccessful in locating any court judgments or other official documentation that relates to Ms. Collins and her struggles. Though I did spot this update from Kent on the Human Rights Defenders League In Canada legal action that will no doubt shatter the Canadian state as we know it (https://www.facebook.com/HumanRightsDef ... 5150655053)
Status update: it is taking longer than anticipated to get all the materials perfected. It may be ready by October, but may take longer.

We share your anticipation, but we can't go until it is fully ready.
Sounds like a case of Zeno's "dichotomy paradox".

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This woman's Facebook page is a mini-encyclopedia of the Canadian version of the SovCit dogmas. She has her Canadian version of the birth certificate equals financial document. And a listing of Canadian SovtCit propagandists. Even a little video explaining that Pope Benedict retired because 'they' had an arrest warrant out for him.
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

Error Code 438.

"Really? Seriously? Are you f'n kidding me?"

Frankly, I'm going to file an apostille demanding that I henceforth be addressed as "Dame Chados, Countess of Quatloosia." :snicker:
Dai Kiwi
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Dai Kiwi »

Chados wrote:Frankly, I'm going to file an apostille demanding that I henceforth be addressed as "Dame Chados, Countess of Quatloosia." :snicker:
I'm sure the Gods of the board will oblige, if you truly believe that way. :lol:
"Hello Dahling"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Chados wrote:Error Code 438.

Frankly, I'm going to file an apostille demanding that I henceforth be addressed as "Dame Chados, Countess of Quatloosia." :snicker:
If an apostille has that power, then I plan to file one to get promoted to the Senior Division of the Quatloosian Prophecy Department....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Chados wrote:Error Code 438.

Queen Chados sounds better but it does have a ring of early Dr Who baddie about it. Do you have a decent evil laugh?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Out of curiosity, is there any law in the UK or the British Commonwealth that criminalizes fake assumptions of aristocratic titles like Duke or Lord or Lady or pretensions of knighthoods (I am not talking about impersonating others who are titled, I mean someone turning himself into the Marquis of Pooh Corner or something)?? Is this much of a problem?
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Kent Barrett has risen in righteous indignation against the unfair news reporting I have identified (http://ntv.ca/woman-in-st-johns-court-c ... ment-19051):
Called Kent
October 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm

The woman sometimes called Amy never claimed to be a “Freeman-on-the-land”. This is BS made up by NTV.

What Amy HAS done is waive her right to be known as a person before the law under the UDHR, from which all defacto “legal” authority of the Crown descends and her declaration stands as superior private law in Canada.

Simmer in the juices of your slavery if you wish, but do not mock those that rise to escape the tyranny and who speak for all who yearn to be free. Amy IS a Human Rights Defender and you should be ashamed if you are not.
Amy (via Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/leigh.higgins.1 ... 7767052521) passed along her thanks to Kent. She was apparently indisposed at the time... posting vast amounts of Freeman copypasta to her Facebook page.

It seems the standard purgative for a bad court trip.

It's all coming down to a matter of identity - that's no real Freeman-on-the-Land - I'm not a Freeman-on-the-Land. Nice try, but it simply makes no difference at all. Canadian courts have described the lot of you on a functional basis, not by the name tag you slap on your chest. None of that matters.

And off to the dustbin of history you go...

SMS Möwe
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

fortinbras wrote:Out of curiosity, is there any law in the UK or the British Commonwealth that criminalizes fake assumptions of aristocratic titles like Duke or Lord or Lady or pretensions of knighthoods (I am not talking about impersonating others who are titled, I mean someone turning himself into the Marquis of Pooh Corner or something)?? Is this much of a problem?
I'm sure that Lady Gaga knows....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

fortinbras wrote:Out of curiosity, is there any law in the UK or the British Commonwealth that criminalizes fake assumptions of aristocratic titles like Duke or Lord or Lady or pretensions of knighthoods (I am not talking about impersonating others who are titled, I mean someone turning himself into the Marquis of Pooh Corner or something)?? Is this much of a problem?
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything against you calling yourself anything you like. However, using it for gain could leave open fraud type charges. The situation is further compounded by the ability of some (Scottish?) nobles to sell land with an associated title.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Our little group of Newfies have been engaged in some after-action commentary on this matter. Kent has put up a little "let's rally behind Amy" webpage highlighting the grotesque media tomfoolery which has transpired.

Aptly enough, the webpage is titled "Lies": http://copwatchnl.ca/Lies/Lies.html

It features two complaints: (1) My Lady Collins never called herself a Free(wo)man-on-the-Land, and (2) it was wrong to connect My Lady Collins to the Oklahoma terrorist bomber Timothy McVeigh. Complaint (1) is, in my opinion, plausible, however poor Kent & Co. had better get used to the media calling them Freemen since, functionally, they are arguing basically the same points. As for (2), I think that is simply wishing away the logical endpoint for this perspective.

In other discussions Kent is predicting victory as a consequence of his unfortunate lack of basic understanding of court procedure (http://www.facebook.com/kent.barrett/po ... 7755132223):
Kent Barrett
Don't know, but they do seem to be making something of a project of her. They may find it amusing at the moment, however they are digging themselves deeper at every turn. They're making determinations in proceedings she never agreed to. "It doesn't matter what your name is, the court is closed"? And the bench-warmer entered the plea, eh? That one will come back to bite I predict.
October 12 at 3:42pm
Sorry Kent, but no. It's that consent thing again. Courts don't need it.

Amy's own tale (http://www.facebook.com/dean.kory/posts ... 6570453297), however, is one of betrayal!
Leigh OftheHouseof Collins
I never claimed to be a freeman. I spoke of human rights.

via Kent Barrett:
The woman sometimes called Amy never claimed to be a "Freeman-on-the-land". This is BS made up by NTV.

What Amy HAS done is waive her right to be known as a person before the law under the UDHR, from which all defacto "legal" authority of the Crown descends and her declaration stands as superior private law in Canada.

Simmer in the juices of your slavery if you wish, but do not mock those that rise to escape the tyranny and who speak for all who yearn to be free. Amy IS a Human Rights Defender and you should be ashamed if you are not.
They lie. Visit the page and leave a comment.
October 13 at 10:38am

Leigh OftheHouseof Collins
My agent duped ME. I was unprepared. I was suppose to ask for a postponement as requested by my agent (POA).

I went to court to ask for postponement. Trial went ahead without my agent present. Witnesses called by Crown. Was arrested for disturbing the court. Searched and detained in holding cells ... for recording device. Brought back to court without restraints. Convicted. Sentencing on Oct. 22. NTV news present.
October 13 at 10:41am
Scandalous! What has this world come to when one Human Rights Defender cannot trust another of the same creed ... dark days, indeed.

Thankfully, the Facebookians had wise words to share:
Brian Burgi
The real trial is the sentencing hearing the rest is for theater Amy.... This is a gang and the best you can do is try to minimize the damage at this point, the horse is already out of the barn. However if you set things up right you can administer your own affairs to a point like to start with you don't have to accept the initial offer and order is an offer... you can say right after he passes sentencing I cannot do that and give him/her a counter offer etc.Frank Ocollins has a lot of good advice about this point in the proceedings. best of luck to you
October 14 at 7:52pm

[Emphasis added.]

Oh yeah, That's a great suggestion! "I reject your law and replace it with my own!" That will go over well during sentencing.

Kent adds one more comment:
Kent Barrett
She was set up. There was a TV crew waiting in the court and the local newspaper was there as well, and they played it: big picture, page one, above the fold. Most important thing that happened that day, eh? They went on to associate her with f---ing Timothy McVeigh.
October 14 at 11:15pm

[Screech-speak redacted for sensitive readers.]

Actually I have to say Kent is onto something here. I was very surprised to see the media filming inside a court hearing - in my experience that is very unusual in Canada. I had a very quick peek around the Newfoundland Courts website and did not see any policy guidelines for the media - I may have just missed them. If anyone has more information on that subject I would be very interested.

I think Deborah Thistle was the AWOL agent. She hasn't said a thing on her Facebook page about the entire episode, other than to 'like' a link to the Human Rights Defenders League in Canada copypasta on Amy's unsuccessful defence.

SMS Möwe
Hilfskreuzer Möwe

Oh dear...

Amy was scheduled to be sentenced yesterday. Media reports are that she didn't show (http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn= ... 2&latest=1) (http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2 ... in-court/1).

But I'm sure things are fine and this is all just a big misunderstanding. After all, Amy posted this "Notice of Mistake" on her Facebook page on Monday (Oct. 21, 2013) (http://www.facebook.com/notes/leigh-tem ... 5297468926):
NOTICE OF MISTAKE

1. TAKE NOTICE THAT: In the matter of SURETY for the LEGAL NAME, I believe that there has been a MISTAKE, as the SOLE BENEFICIARY OF A PUBLIC DOCUMENT, has been INCORRECTLY IDENTIFIED as an "accused" and/or "suspect". FORGIVE ME.

2. If I and/or PERSONS and/or FRIENDS OF THE COURT and/or OTHER SUCH PARTIES ACTING IN MY INTERESTS have led the COURT and/or STATUTORY BODY and/or GOVERNMENT SERVICES and/or AGENTS and/or OFFICERS of such bodies, to believe, by responding to "YOU" and/or "AMY LEIGH COLLINS" and/or OTHER SUCH IDENTIFICATION, such bodies HAVE ADDRESSED ME AS, that I am PARTY WITH SURETY in this matter, then that would be a MISTAKE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

3. If I and/or PERSONS and/or FRIENDS OF THE COURT and/or OTHER SUCH PARTIES ACTING IN MY INTERESTS have led the COURT and/or STATUTORY BODY and/or GOVERNMENT SERVICES and/or AGENTS and/or OFFICERS of such bodies, to believe, by responding to "YOU" and/or "AMY LEIGH COLLINS" and/or OTHER SUCH IDENTIFICATION, such bodies HAVE ADDRESSED ME AS, that I am, in ANY CAPACITY, a Pro Se litigant and/or LEGAL PERSON in this matter, then that would be a MISTAKE as I DO NOT CONSENT and WAIVE THE BENEFIT to such titles (Waiver of the CHANGE OF NAMES ACT OF NEWFOUNDLAND). PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

4. THEREFORE: As I have no knowledge of who "YOU" and/or "AMY LEIGH COLLINS and/or SUCH OTHER IDENTIFICATION ANY COURT and/or STATUTORY BODY and/or GOVERNMENT SERVICES and/or AGENTS and/or OFFICERS of such bodies [HEREAFTER "YOU"], HAS ADDRESSED ME AS, I RESPECTFULLY ASK, by WHAT AUTHORITY ARE "YOU" ADDRESSING ME as such?

5. As the SURETY BOND (BIRTH CERTIFICATE) has been deposited into the COURT [in the custody of Judge Madden, ST. JOHN'S, NL. PROVINCIAL COURT: Court File Number 0113J01785], WHAT EVIDENCE does the COURT have that I, as a WOMAN who is not lawfully entitled to the BENEFITS of a BIRTH CERTIFICATE [WB339293], have any SURETY in this matter?

6. As GOVERNMENT is the SOLE SIGNATORY PARTY on the SURETY BOND (BIRTH CERTIFICATE), with SOLE AND FULL SURETY as TRUSTEE for the LEGAL NAME, WHAT EVIDENCE do "YOU" have that I am a TRUSTEE and have ANY SURETY with respect to ANY NAME?

7. WHAT EVIDENCE do "YOU" have that I am an AGENT, an OFFICER, a TRUSTEE, and/or an EMPLOYEE of the CROWN? WHAT EVIDENCE do "YOU" have of ANY WARRANT OF AGENCY for the principal?

8. WHAT EVIDENCE do "YOU" have that there has been any meeting of the minds, any PROPER NOTICE given, any considerable CONSIDERATION offered, or that I have ANY INTENT to CONTRACT in this matter?

As such, I am returning your OFFER, DECLINED, for immediate DISCHARGE and CLOSURE.

[AUTHORIZED BY: ]
I think this document is misnamed. It is not a "Notice of Mistake", but rather one which discloses a wide number of errors - a "Notice of Mistakes".

(As one of Amy's commentator's observes, this is a form document designed by OPCA guru "Scott Duncan", of the now deleted "The Tender For Law" Facebook group.)

SMS Möwe
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Is posting this in lieu of appearing likely to constitute (additional) contempt of Court and bring additional charges (in addition to the failure to appear)?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

I notice she addressed the judge by name: Judge Madden, ST. JOHN'S, NL. PROVINCIAL COURT.

As she has no knowledge of who "YOU" and/or "Judge Madden, ST. JOHN'S, NL. PROVINCIAL COURT" and/or SUCH OTHER IDENTIFICATION ANY COURT and/or STATUTORY BODY and/or GOVERNMENT SERVICES and/or AGENTS and/or OFFICERS of such bodies, HAVE ADDRESSED HIM AS, by WHAT AUTHORITY IS "SHE" ADDRESSING HIM as such?

As such, the police will be returning her returned OFFER, rejection DECLINED, for immediate attention and seeing that her customary daily affairs receive immediate DISCHARGE and CLOSURE.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein