Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Moderator: Burnaby49

User avatar
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 am
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Hilfskreuzer Möwe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:01 am

    Yanksons!
    Meet the Yanksons!
    They spew their Moorish lunacy!
    From some place in Ghana!
    They’re partners in nutbaggery!
    Both their Strawmen have died of neglect!
    Admiralty judges they reject!
    When you’re with the Yanksons,
    have a nuncy nunc pro tunc time,
    a nunc pro tunc time,
    and convicted of your crime!

Yes, there are two of them.

An anonymous benefactor forwarded me a collection of documents that relate to an October 16, 2013 hearing in Vancouver before the British Columbia Supreme Court. We’ll get to that dispute in a bit. When I looked up Bernard Bedu Yankson, the plaintiff in that action, I found myself slipping down one of those proverbial rabbit holes. ‘cause Bernie, a.k.a. Kw’essaw-Rh of the :El family, has been a busy lad.

First off, the two Yanksons are definitely connected, though weirdly I have not yet spotted an explicit statement of how they are related. Here is Kw’essaw-Rh’s signature on Eugene’s “Divine Claim of the Akan Moor; Divine Living Being” document (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aV9wljc2fNY/U ... %2B001.jpg). I think they must be brothers since they both identify the very same relations in their … er … obituaries.

So, I think the best place to start is to work forward in time, starting with Bernie’s complaints.

He alleged back in 2009 that he was the victim of a coordinated campaign of Vancouver Police Department harassment and abuse – a victim of racial profiling. There’s nice article on this in the Vancouver Observer (http://www.vancouverobserver.com/%5Bter ... -profiling). Bernie, a 33 year old instructor with the Vancouver Film School, says a strange old guy called the cops on him in front of his friends, and when the police arrived instead of shooing away the bum they instead savagely handcuffed Bernie and him knocked unconscious! This was the fifth such incident of police harassment. Bernie complained to the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal but without success. [Editorial note – I could not find a reported decision on the BCHRT webpage.]

No doubt annoyed Bernie plunged into the world of civil litigation, filing an action in the British Columbia Supreme Court against the two police officer tormentors. It appears a record of this litigation is scattered through two sources.

The first is a 93 document scribd archive (http://www.scribd.com/EL_RH). I think these materials trace his activities up to a certain step at which point there is overlap with another source.

The oldest documents seem to set up a Moorish identity and initiate the lawsuit, I’ll just grab a few for review. Like all Moorish documentation, they’re flashy:


Bernie also seems to be A4V’ing himself in some manner (http://www.scribd.com/doc/31839692/©-KW-ESSAW-RH-EL®™-S-CORPORATION) (http://www.scribd.com/doc/49508084/trea ... kwessaw-el) (http://www.scribd.com/doc/49508119/Trea ... KWESSAW-EL)

Now we head into the litigation proper:

    A notice ordering the lawyer on the other side to recuse himself as he is Bernie/Kw’essaw’s fiduciary (http://www.scribd.com/doc/31836660/Inte ... r-rogatory). Nanya-Shaabu: El (Judge-Plenipotentiary) get’s CC’d. This is the only point Chief :El appears involved.

    A “Writ of Summons” for the police officers (http://www.scribd.com/doc/31837529/Writ ... -by-Police). Bernie seems to have a lawyer at this point.

    Bernie’s “Affidavit of Obligation of Commercial Lien” filed in the B.C. Supreme Court which explains why the oppressive police officers have run up a $11,010,000 bill, in part due to him being “assaulted with the Intent to murder [:Bernard : Yankson] with the Use of a Deadly Weapon.” (http://www.scribd.com/doc/31895240/Affi ... DENISJESUS).

    A “CERTIFICATE OF DISHONOR / NON-PERFORMANCE” (http://www.scribd.com/doc/32185760/Cert ... COUVER-VPD) for failure to pay that bill. I think a notary has been used to give it magic power.

    I’m not sure what the heck this is, but my best guess is Bernie is trying to fuse David-Wynn: Millerese with Moorish concepts (http://www.scribd.com/doc/32362494/MOOR ... H-CLAIMANT):

    1 :KNOWLEDGE : WITNESS :SECURE-RIGHTS :MARITIME-CONTRACT-LAW-TRUTH IS :CHOOSING : SOVEREIGN-VOLITION :NAVIGATION THROUGH [IN] TERRE NATION[AL] JURIS-DICTION :QUANTUM-VESSEL-SHIP KNOWN : CORPUS :DI-MEN-SION. ~2 :THREAT-DURESS-FRAUD-FACT [PERJURY] : WITNESS’S-SECURE–MARITIME-CONTRACT-LAW-TRUTH IS: FULL-PENALTIES : CRIMINAL-CODE :AUTHORITIES :TRUTH-COMMUNICATION-COURTS. ~3 :KNOWLEDGE : WITNESS :CONSENT IS: VOLITION : MODIFICATION : WITNESS’S-SECURE-MARITIME-CONTRACT-LAW-TRUTHS. ~4 :FEDERAL-STATE-LOCAL-MUNICIPAL-GOVERNMENT IS: VOID-OF-THE-CONTRACT : TAKING : MARITIME-CONTRACT-LAW-RIGHTS: SOVEREIGN-NATIONAL :STATUTORY-LAW: MINISTRATIVE-RULE.”


    This brief phase of WynnMillerism may be associated with yet another blog (http://hexagram64.wordpress.com/).

    A “Notice of Recoupment” where I think Bernie is trying to collect on his fee schedule / lien (http://www.scribd.com/doc/32729829/FILE-TK-NO-S-099298-–-RECOUPMENT–-EL-KWESSAWRH®™-RW445630563CA). It’s cryptic, and lengthy.

    The City of Vancouver writes Bernie a bunch of times asking him why he keeps rejecting their correspondence. Bernie says fax him instead (http://www.scribd.com/doc/35708718/response4-rule4-7) and concludes:

    With all due respect, honor and consideration and without malice or vexation, I demand total disclosure of why the two Officer’s refused to take my witness testimony and all other witness testimonies, the their bond numbers immediately and the due process of the law for which their job title demands they perform or the immediate dismissal of both the officer’s. Of course this letter constitute the 5th notice to for total disclosure. All correspondence are archived for Her Majesty the Queen. Please use your power to correct this embarrassing and shameful scenario before it I am forced to correspond with Her Majesty. Thank you for your consideration in advance.

There are a bunch of “replevin bond” documents. I’m not sure what the intention of those are.

The next bit of fun is a February 4, 2011 B.C. Supreme Court transcript before Justice Boyd. Unfortunately it is incomplete and only starts on page 18, but runs on for another 9 pages. I won’t link them but these are documents JC.Word.Assist.pg.18 to JC.wordAssist.pg.27. Bernie (or Kw’eesaw) is the respondent. I think the defendants asked for appointment of a case management judge, and got it. Nevertheless its fun to read as the poor judge tries to understand why Bernie and the defendants are in a contract structured under the U.C.C. Or via his Social Insurance Number.

Then Bernie/Kw’eesaw asks to have the defence lawyer appointed as his fiduciary, which leads to this exchange:

Justice Boyd:What do you mean by that? … It makes no sense whatsoever. … I have no idea what you’re talking about. It makes no sense whatsoever. She is counsel, legal counsel acting on behalf of the City of Vancouver and the two police officers. She is an – she is acting for the opposing parties.

Kw’eesaw: That’s right. And I am the authorized representative and the grantor for the Bernard Yankson.

Justice Boyd: Well, we’re not going around that tree again.

Kw’eesaw: That’s fine.

Justice Boyd: As far as I am concerned, you’re Mr. Yankson and Mr. El. You have assumed both identities.

Kw’eesaw: I do not consent. I do …

Justice Boyd: You don’t have to consent. You have answered my questions earlier so I now know who you are. The problem is that nobody is going to make an order that fiduciary duties have been transferred to a legal counsel.

Kw’eesaw: I … can I not appoint fiduciary trustee duties to counsel?

Justice Boyd: No. Answer, no.

Kw’eesaw: May I ask if … if … what are the reasons are as to why I cannot?

Justice Boyd: It makes absolutely no sense. There is no … there is no basis for this.

Kw’eesaw: The basis for my fiduciary and trustee appointment to counsel is the fact that I choose to remain in my proper status where I have already authorized Bernard Yankson to be the contact person and I would like to stay as the authorized representative, so therefore a trust has been created for the Bernard Yankson for this case. So therefore, due to the facts, for the record, Karen, or counsel, has made it very difficult in order to get any information on the case, on the matter, on the alleged informant, I choose to appoint fiduciary trustee obligations to counsel. This is the reason. Is this … is this okay with My Lady?

Justice Boyd: No. She’s … she’s, plain and simply, legal counsel acting for the opposing party. There is no transfer of trust or transfer of fiduciary obligations or transfer of whatever.

Mr. El/Mr. Yankson, I don’t know what you have been reading, but … but it’s … it’s a hodgepodge of legal concepts that you have mushed together that are giving rise to these kinds of statements. It’s absolutely nonsensical.

Now, you may have been assaulted as you alleged and you may have a very legitimate claim for damages. The court wants to hear it, but … but you’re going to have to file the documents that are necessary under the Rules, set the matter down for hearing, and the court can proceed. But … but talking about transferring fiduciary duties to a lawyer on the other side, with all due respect, makes no sense. I have no idea what you’re talking about.


The transcript continues, but it doesn’t get any better. Or any more logical. Bernie also tries to present his World Government passport. Nobody wants it.

The last development in this proceeding is the defendants move to have the action struck. I suspect they got the order. Bernie put up one last defiant defence with his “De bene Esse” declaration (http://www.scribd.com/doc/56511935/de-bebe-esse-El) to quash the order to end the lawsuit. Grounds include a failure by the judge to provide his Oath of Allegiance, the judge called him “Mr. Yankson”, and of course, threat, duress, and intimidation.

So that takes us to the end of the scribd archive. We now move to Bernie’s “Consult for Life … because “Life” is one BIG contract” blog (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/). Between October 6 to October 7, 2011 Bernie posts how he, like his sibling Eugene, has died. Again, this terrible death was due to official neglect, and if you say otherwise that’s a $500,000 penalty (http://consultforlife.files.wordpress.c ... otice1.jpg). And what is this I see? Why, notary seals from “Motoquis” of Tuscarora Nation!

The next development is on October 26, 2011 when Bernie posts a “NOTICE for the PUBLIC TRUST”. The issue? Bernie has decided to prove that charging for public transportation is legally incorrect:

Furthermore a security breach of Public Trust is the charge for Public Transportation. I believe that PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION is free, by the nature of its inference to the “PUBLIC” and its role to serve basic needs of commercial, navigational and economic needs for all. The reason why it is taxed and charged is an idea even “God can not answer” and simply enforcing a personal trustee-ship (fiduciary duty) upon persons within the city limits is a violation of the duty of the corporation called CANADA within the regional office(s) (BC, ALBERTA, SASKATCHEWAN, MANITOBA, ONTARIO, QUEBEC, NOVA SCOTIA, P.E.I, N.W.T and the YUKON) under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It is a violation of common sense and a show of malicious and harmful commercial practices under the subjugation of threat, duress and coercion. Although all the reasons why Public transit already is free and is being suppressed via concealing the creation of BILLS through the authorization of signatures and basic accounting practices to discharge debts, i thought and believed it was and is still easier to create my own BILL in the form of a signed petition to illustrate contractual accounting practices for discharge of securities and/or liabilities. I will have to make sure(ty)(for) my escrow agent (Canada Revenue Agency), is authorized and competent and/or indemnified upon execution of my orders after i make my appointment.


This is followed by a very odd collection of documents. I will not try to capture their range and subject matter. The highlight for me is this copy of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, liberally covered with postage stamps, red finger prints, and signatures. Enjoy! (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/201 ... nd_page_1/) (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/201 ... nd_page_2/)

Bernie next appoints the CRA as his fiduciary (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/pag ... rousel-136) (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/pag ... rousel-210)

And invokes UCADIAN law (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/pag ... rousel-233).

And explains tax obligation through a t-shirt with his post "TAX Office IS the '- the True Police-'" (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/201 ... ue-police/).

But are Bernie’s troubles over? No. It seems he is in a dispute with the CRA. Here we have his “Notice: Discovery and Indemnity” (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-322). I think he’s trying to use his A4V account, among other things, to miracle away his taxes. Oh, and since he’s dead, he shouldn’t have to pay. Notarized by Chief Rock, who really gets around.

I’m not even going to try to figure out what this “Breach of the Trust” represents (http://consultforlife.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-591), beyond I think it’s supposed to revive and close Bernie’s claim against the police officers and Vancouver for a modest $1.36 million. Again, Chief Rock adds his stamp of approval.

This blog ends on May 17, 2012. The saga? Onward!

Our next exhibit is this cryptic website: “BERNARD YANKSON ESTATE TRUST: SUBDIVISION OF THE ©OMNI-GALACTIC COMITAS GENTIUM™” (http://bernardyanksonestatetrust.wordpress.com/). I get the feeling this project is abandoned, half-built. It’s content all dates to August, 2012. The front page bears the “Great Galactic Seal™ © Omni-Galactic Comitas Gentium – esquire supreme absolute, Bernard Yankson, Estate.”

I will quote one page to give a sense of the style of this thing:

ALPHA DAVID of AFFIDAVIT:
THE ESTATE OF BERNARD YANKSON

TAKE NOTICE, all definitions of the following words are defined as;

the writings below are in no way reflective of a complete summary as to how the alphiant defines each word listed below.

the alphiant; executor general absolute for the bernard-b of the family: yankson is also known with complete capacity as the Esquire Supreme Absolute and by the Command of the Estate Committee holds the power of all committee comitas gentium for the bernard yankson court. The official trademark name of the executor general absolute (with the power of appointment) with the complete capacity as esquire supreme absolute for the court of bernard yankson, Bernard Yankson, BERNARD YANKSON, estate/Estate/ESTATE is (with the copyright of the) koi-essau-rh™ for the family of el, also known as kw’essaw-rh™ for the family of el, k-rh; el™. all other appointments fall under the titles(ranking) and entitlements(priority) for estate/Estate/ESTATE management for uniform source flow between, through, for, of, by, with the esquire supreme absolute, Esquire Supreme Absolute, ESQUIRE SUPREME ABSOLUTE.

whereas the alphiant by the command of the committee, under the secondary command by the solicitor general absolute gives notice of the account science architecture for the bernard yankson, estate;

whereas the alphiant by the command of the committee, under the trinity of the SOLICITOR GENERAL ABSOLUTE, GENERAL ABSOLUTE JUDGE and the EXECUTOR GENERAL ABSOLUTE performs and commands the account for settlement for the bernard yankson, estate;


It's all like that - really dumb law filtered through really bad S.F. jargon.

So, gentle reader, you are probably by now sitting there saying “that’s gotta be it, please, no more – I’ve had enough Yankson for decades to come.” But sorry. Remember? Bernie has a hearing this week.

And here we go (http://www.mediafire.com/view/kkjqs6937 ... _claim.pdf)! Bernard Yankson – no funny name stuff this time – is suing the Attorney Generals of Canada and British Columbia, and the Lt. Governor of British Columbia. Why?

He doesn’t want to be a slave any longer. And he wants free money.

As I read the claim, Bernie says that international law says people have lots of rights. He then points out he is dead, and as the beneficiary of his own will, he wants his stuff back. The state should pay his outstanding bills. He also wants seeks:

… relief in the form of freedom from wants and the lack of maintaining an adequate standard of living for himself and his family, including adequate food, clothing and housing, and to the continuous improvement of living conditions


The legal basis if this? He seems to have either independently re-invented Robert Menard’s security of the person argument, or just decided to re-use it. Except that he’s dead. So he gets his security. Or something.

The government responses are brief (http://www.mediafire.com/view/s66b75q9h ... nse_(AGCAN).pdf) (http://www.mediafire.com/view/jptdraa4m ... onse_(AGBC).pdf). I think they’re just going to Kisikawpimootewin him. If so, that really doesn’t do Bernie’s life, death, and post-mortem taxation credit justice.

Bernie’s reply is more of the same (http://www.mediafire.com/view/8ta73moha ... _Reply.pdf), but with a couple little twists:

18. Due to the facts that the Plaintiff is making a supreme effort to demonstrate capacity in accounting and administrative matters, the Plaintiff gives notice that Jasvinder S. Basran; Regional Director General, Natalie Hepburn Barnes; Solicitor and Barrister for the Attorney General of British Columbia, Iain Dixon; Counsel for the City of Vancouver and Justice Savage have been appointed as fiduciaries under the Canada Revenue Agency Tax form T1013 for year-end reports with the non-resident trust (estate).

19. Lastly, Plaintiff of the grantor for the Plaintiff is clearly a lay litigant and that all slander towards the paper work or lack thereof must NOT be used to brand the Plaintiff as some type of a legal pseudo expert under a term that does NOT apply;


Aww. Isn't that cute? Somebody doesn’t want to be called an OPCA litigant.

For someone who should seem to have so many social contacts it instead seems Bernie is something of a cipher. The only “non-law” website I located was a 2012 “Bernard Yankson: Artist – Drawings and Paintings” website (http://lawofthe1.wix.com/gallery1) (copyright ™Rh: El©) which uses as wallpaper a weird seal design similar to that used by Eugene Yankson. The mini-bio indicates Bernie has a bachelor of fine arts degree from the Alberta College of Art and Design, but hasn’t worked since 2009. Oh, and he describes himself this way:

: Bernard: YanKson

This Estate and all intellectual property is managed by the appointed executor under the 'will and testament' of the legal person BERNARD YANKSON, for the record. BERNARD YANKSON is the name of a Business; sole proprietor under the tax code for revenue collections. The executor accounts for all private and public contracts, laws and securities on behalf of the Estate.


His photo suggests a pleasant enough fellow with a nice suite.

But then there’s this letter of reference on his landing page, from an Associate Professor David Hobill (http://lawofthe1.wix.com/gallery1), who is a University of Calgary physics prof, and describes Bernie’s ideas as “intriguing”, “more poetically oriented” but “quite original”. Err. Yes. And concludes:

I have no doubt that given the right situation and opportunity that Bernard will be able to take a leadership role in an artistic or humanistic organization since he seems to be both convincing and interested in people.


God I hope he’s wrong.

And I have evidence to support that! Turns out Bernie ran in the last British Columbia provincial election. For something called the “Platinum Party of Employers Who Think and Act to Increase Awareness.” Came dead last – in the entire province. 10 votes in total. Lower than any other candidate in any other riding (http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=f77 ... 217e4f9dfa).

There are two strings that emerge from this Gordian knot: The Platinum Party, and the Omni-Galactic Comitas Gentium Corporation. Those will take us to yet another couple interesting places, but I leave that for another post.

Where the hell is my vodka.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Burnaby49 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 am

I would take issue with your comment that "Bernard next appoints the CRA as his fiduciary". As far as I can make out from the documents he appointed something called the "Office of Revenue and Tax". As an ex-CRA staffer I can state I've never heard of those guys, whoever they are, and I doubt they can help Bernie with any tax issues he faces with the CRA. Can't be much, his entire work life seems to have been a transitory flirtation with employment at the Vancouver Film School that ended about 4 years ago and nothing since. The VFS would have deducted taxes at source, perhaps he is trying to get those back.

I'm guessing that the reason you can't find a reported decision on the B.C Human Rights Tribunal webpage is that the the BCHRT dismissed his complaint without a hearing. I make no claims to knowledge of BCHRT procedures and rules but I doubt that they would proceed with a hearing while Bernie is pursuing a lawsuit against the city of Vancouver on exactly the same issue. In any case he would have to have presented a coherent statment of claim of some kind and, given what I've seen of his other writings, that was probably beyond him.

edit - I read the Vancouver Observer article after posting the above and found the following:

"Yankson, a Canadian-Ghanaian, took his grievances to the B.C. human rights tribunal but following the most recent encounter with VPD two weeks ago, he said he has since withdrawn his case because he intends to sue."

I don't think I'll bother showing up at his hearing on Wednesday. The Crown is going for a frivolous and vexatious litigation dismissal and since he has presented no basis whatever for a claim against the Crown I don't doubt that the court will grant it. However it can't be said that the Crown isn't willing to make concessions or negotiate a mutually agreeable settlement. It says right in the Crown's Response to Civil Claim that;

1. Canada consents to the granting of relief sought in the following paragraphs of Part 2 of the notice of civil claim: none.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

User avatar
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 am
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Hilfskreuzer Möwe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:54 am

Burnaby49 wrote:I would take issue with your comment that "Bernard next appoints the CRA as his fiduciary". As far as I can make out from the documents he appointed something called the "Office of Revenue and Tax". As an ex-CRA staffer of 35 years standing I can state I've never heard of those guys, whoever they are, and I doubt they can help Bernie with any tax issues he faces with the CRA. ...


Ah - that's because you were in the branch of the CRA that deal with living (or newly deceased) taxpayers. There's a separate and much less known branch for dead people. Or dead strawmen. Or ... well ... something ...

Thanks for the catch on the BCHRT error - mea culpa.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Burnaby49 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:08 am

I ended up attending the hearing and have sad news to relate. Bernard's nascent career as a serial litigant fighting the man on behalf of all oppressed peoples everywhere was cruelly terminated by an unfeeling, uncaring court. Not only were his lawsuits tossed out (as I predicted above) but the Supreme Court of British Columbia declared him a vexatious litigant. This means he can no longer file lawsuits without the court's permission and, based on what I saw today, he won't be getting it.

Things didn't start well. Bernard was there looking very natty with a tightly tied topknot and a spiffy tan suit. However he stayed in the waiting room and wouldn't come into the court. The problem was that the court was hearing the case of Yankson v. The Attorney General of British Columbia and he wasn't Bernard Yankson. That guy was dead and he was the trustee and guarantor of the dead guy's estate. I think the bailiff told him (to paraphrase) that if Bernard Yankson didn't get his ass in court the case would be dismissed. So Bernard's alter ego condescended to enter the court. He told the judge he wasn't Bernard Yankson because Bernie was dead but he was capable, as his trustee, to represent him. The judge's comment was essentially "whatever". The defence (City of Vancouver, Province of British Columbia, Federal Government of Canada) wanted the case struck as being frivolous and vexatious and presenting no basis of claim whatever. They also argued that they'd had enough arguing with the guy and wasting their time (my paraphrasing again) and wanted him declared a vexatious litigant.

I have to give Bernard credit. When it was his turn he was an excellent speaker, fluent, dynamic, and he kept it relatively short. Too bad it was all batshit crazy. He started out with some rambling complaint, as far as I could see totally unrelated to the proceedings, about not being able to get his daughter's birth certificate. He had photocopies of letters from vital statistics, a cancelled cheque, who knows what. Turns out his daughter (by his girlfriend, not wife) had been born this summer. He said his girlfriend and he wanted to start and register a business but he seemed to mix this up with the birth certificate. Then he started on about a secret trust every Canadian child got at birth, administered by the Canada Revenue Agency in Ottawa as trustee. Then it finally hit me. His argument was that his "business" he wanted to register was his newborn daughter. He wanted to surrender her birth certificate to the CRA in exchange for access to her secret trust but he couldn't get the birth certificate to register the business's (daughter's) name with the CRA. At least that is how I understood his argument, it was all very confusing. He was tossing in international conventions, the Canadian Charter of rights and Freedom, UN declarations, the Queen as Supreme Head of Canada, the Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia, and more statutes than I knew existed. He apparently had a whole whack of people named in the court proceedings that hadn't bothered to respond and they, by default, therefore pleaded guilty and owed him a pile of money. We got references to Canada being Turtle Island and the Land of Frogs too.

After this I have to confess to confusion as to where he was going. He's sent a big wad of documents to Buckingham palace for the Queen's personal perusal and had them returned with a nice letter saying that they had been sent back to him for "safekeeping". That was significant to him, he had some definition of safekeeping (custody and control, something about an International Convention on Wills) that meant that the Crown, by returning the documents to his custody, apparently conceded he was right.

The rest of his argument was to do with the fact that there were two Bernards, the legal man who was dead, and the flesh and blood man who was rambling in court. Don't know why this was important to him. He hauled out a few lines of some 1666 statute, I couldn't make out which, that had something to do with when a "supposedly dead man" isn't dead he gets to reclaim his estate. Since he was supposedly dead but actually wasn't that proved that the law recognized two Bernard Yanksons and he was entitled to an estate of some kind. There was a lot more but I really wasn't following at this point. Judge recessed at noon and said he would give his decision at three.

My take at the recess was that they would obviously get the dismissal for no basis of claim but I thought the vexatious litigant request a bit of overreach since Bernard had been involved in a total of five lawsuits and in one he was the defendant, a bank after him for not paying back a loan. However the Crown got the full meal deal. The judge struck his current pleadings with no leave to amend and nailed him as a vexatious litigant. Judge used harsh phrase like "bereft of any factual assertions" "no facts pleaded to support extravagant assertions" and "seeks relief no reasonable person could hope to attain". Just cruel. Bernard was upset at this and hopped up with a request to address the court about its decision. The judge told him he couldn't speak, court was over, and Bernard had to leave. Since there were three sheriffs looming around him he took the hint.

As my esteemed colleague so aptly put it;

Yanksons!
Meet the Yanksons!
They spew their Moorish lunacy!
From some place in Ghana!
They’re partners in nutbaggery!
Both their Strawmen have died of neglect!
Admiralty judges they reject!
When you’re with the Yanksons,
have a nuncy nunc pro tunc time,
a nunc pro tunc time,
and convicted of your crime!


It was that kind of day.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10645
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby notorial dissent » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 am

Poor baby, will just have to go home and have himself a serious WAH!! Bad old mean old judge!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 am
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Hilfskreuzer Möwe » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 am

Loved that narrative - thank you Burnaby49. Did the judge mention if there are written reasons to follow? Damn I hope so...

I think I've figured out Bernie's error. He says he's dead - but he doesn't look it. No wonder the court threw out his action(s).

Solution? Zombies!

Yes, Bernie and his posse need to turn his in-court appearances into a Zombie Walk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_walk).

The etiquette will need a few tweaks, of course, such as instead of moaning "Brrraaainnnnzzz...", the Zombie Litigants will need to approach the Clerk's till to the refrain of "Cllllaaaiiimmmmzzz...".

I'm sure Bernie can work out all the details. He seems the energetic sort.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Burnaby49 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:57 am

While the judge didn't state specifically that there would be a written decision I'm pretty sure there will be one. The judge read the oral decision verbatim from a document he'd prepared in the break and it read like a formal written decision. He referred to precedence (Meads again!), along with citations, gave examples of the pleadings he found "inpenetrable", and gave a detailed discussion of the requirements imposed on a judge when declaring a vexatious litigant. Overall it sounded like a publishable written decision to me. Also declaring a litigant to be a vexatious litigant is a fairly serious issue since it closes off free access to the courts so I think the judge would want his reasoning in writing for review in a possible appeal, the one shot Bernard has left.

Keep something in mind about my narrative. I'm relating what I think he meant with no certainty that it is what he actually meant. He could have been getting at something entirely different. The guy rambled around so much and covered so many bases, while citing so many apparently irrelevant statutes, without actually seeming to have a specific point that it was like my trying to interpret a language I vaguely knew years ago. My conclusions about it being about secret trusts were parsed from bits and pieces, many made just in passing. I sat beside another voyeur who was there for the show who turned out to be a Quatloos lurker. If his take on what Bernard was getting at differs from mine he should feel free to step in and correct me.

Bernard certainly had an enthusiastic audience. A small courtroom but full. Mostly young radical types. They seemed more impressed with his "presentation" than I was. Maybe an issue of style over content.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Burnaby49 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am

As a further comment I knew I was in over my head when Bernard started using arcane legal terminology that was, frankly, quite unknown to me. At one point he claimed that he, unlike the defense, "wasn't blowing hot air up the Court's ass". It must have been an important point because he repeated it. But I was totally at sea as to the legal significance of the phrase.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Jeffrey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:02 pm

I like how the theory of a secret treasury account by virtue of being repeated over and over on the internet is now unquestionable fact.

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Soho London

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby rumpelstilzchen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Jeffrey wrote:I like how the theory of a secret treasury account by virtue of being repeated over and over on the internet is now unquestionable fact.

And the more it gets repeated the more the value increases.

@Burnaby49:
A brilliant write-up.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.

User avatar
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:02 am
Contact:

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby grixit » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 am

Starting around 2038, i predict there will be second gen sovs wanting to sue their parents for expropriating their secret accts.
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4

User avatar
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 pm

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Cathulhu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:17 am

Oh, great Cthulhu, let me be alive to see that! Grixit, you're absolutely right.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby Burnaby49 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:44 am

grixit wrote:Starting around 2038, i predict there will be second gen sovs wanting to sue their parents for expropriating their secret accts.


Well Bernard tried his best and failed. He was apparently stymied by his inability to get a birth certificate for his secret trust account. Not sure why, his explanation of his problems with Vital Statistics was too disjointed and opaque for me to follow. Certainly not because he is too stupid to fill out the forms properly, he seemed like a very intelligent guy. I'm guessing because what should have been a simple matter of just filling out the birth registration forms (child born at home so hospital didn't do the gruntwork) turned into another tidal wave of documents and exhortations along the same lines as his court filings. Is a declaration of vexatious birth registrant the next exciting chapter in Bernard's saga?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation
Posts: 2664
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Quatloos Immigration Control

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby ArthurWankspittle » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Maybe vexatious death certificate filing is to come? Self-certified.
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10645
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby notorial dissent » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Part of the problem, is that he is trying to get a birth certificate for the child, when he isn't married to the mother. In my experience, at least down here, they defer to the mother rather than the putative father in the case of lack o' marriage certificate, and I wonder if the Canadian registrars aren't doing the same.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby JamesVincent » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:17 pm

notorial dissent wrote:Part of the problem, is that he is trying to get a birth certificate for the child, when he isn't married to the mother. In my experience, at least down here, they defer to the mother rather than the putative father in the case of lack o' marriage certificate, and I wonder if the Canadian registrars aren't doing the same.


In Maryland, at least, if you ain't on the birth certificate, you ain't getting it without a court order. And if you're not listed as the father at the time of birth, you ain't getting a court order without a real, REAL good reason. One of the few things I do agree with Maryland on.
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby AndyK » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:33 pm

I can't believe you all missed it.

He applied for a birth certificate, but was operating under Admiralty Law.

What he REALLY needed to get was a berth certificate.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders

User avatar
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 am

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby JamesVincent » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:34 pm

AndyK wrote:I can't believe you all missed it.

He applied for a birth certificate, but was operating under Admiralty Law.

What he REALLY needed to get was a berth certificate.


:Axe:
"Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself Homo." Professor Farnsworth

flyboy

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby flyboy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:41 pm

I agree that Yankson may have opinions that are different from most people, however, as far as I can see he is not scamming anyone, he is not trying to sell his program so what is the purpose of all the scorn that is being poured on him?

What is it that you are all trying to achieve?

I f you are just having fun at his expence I think you are the root cause of all the hatred in the world. concentrate on the scammers, jeering at Yankson benefits no-one

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: Bernard Yankson - Also dead. But even Moor litigious.

Postby LordEd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 pm

flyboy wrote:I agree that Yankson may have opinions that are different from most people, however, as far as I can see he is not scamming anyone, he is not trying to sell his program so what is the purpose of all the scorn that is being poured on him?

What is it that you are all trying to achieve?

I f you are just having fun at his expence I think you are the root cause of all the hatred in the world. concentrate on the scammers, jeering at Yankson benefits no-one
Mr. Yankson is saying "I am special because I said so. I have special status that others do not have and can ignore all the normal rules people follow. I also want money because of my special status that I made up".

Life doesn't work that way.

Personally, I find it fascinating when somebody tries to claim they are outside of society, yet expect to receive common courtesies extended to those within. I think that as soon as somebody takes up the freeman mantras, they should be treated as something less than a person. Perhaps as a turnip. They should be treated with the social status they are seeking, which coincidentally is no status.

So by discussing Mr. Yankson in this fashion, I/we are providing the appropriate negative reinforcement to his behaviour.


Return to “Canada”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest