The S.S. World Freeman Society is listing, badly...

Moderator: Burnaby49

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The S.S. World Freeman Society is listing, badly...

Post by Jeffrey »

I think I can answer that one.

I believe Menard got it from a translation of the Magna Carta. The key phrase is usually written as:
TO ALL FREE MEN OF OUR KINGDOM
Which I believe in whatever text he got it from or whatever lecturer he got it from misquoted it as:
To all Freemen on/of the Land
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:I think I can answer that one.
I believe Menard got it from a translation of the Magna Carta. The key phrase is usually written as:
TO ALL FREE MEN OF OUR KINGDOM
Which I believe in whatever text he got it from or whatever lecturer he got it from misquoted it as:
To all Freemen on/of the Land
As the Magna Carta was written in Latin, a quick search says the relevant bit is
Concessimus eciam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri,
Which is translated as "We have also granted to all freemen of our kingdom". Now "liberis hominibus" is two words but "freeman" had a specific meaning in mediaeval England. What I will say, even with my crap knowledge of Latin, is that you would never translate "regni nostri" as "on/of the land".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

How telling that we have to sit there and tell freemen what it is they have claimed their movement is and what it believes.

As far as I can tell the core belief of freemanism is not about good governance as we normally think of the term. Rather, freemanary's core belief is that no freeman or freewoman can be governed without their consent. The belief is that no law, no statute, no constitution, not even the Magna Carta is applicable to any freeman, or freewoman who does not so consent.

This idea has not the invention of freemanary. Lysander Spooner and Ayn Rand thought this stuff up a long time ago.

As I and others have pointed out countless times there is no historical model of good governance which has incorporated freemanary's cult of the individual. When confronted with questions of practicality the oft response from freemen is to opine that questions regarding the practicality of freemanism are unfair since they force freemen stop thinking about their dream future for a few minutes while they talk about where they plan to step next.

IHMO, this impracticality is exactly why there is no freeman valley, no ACCP and no C3PO. . .and now hardly even a WFS!

Not unexpectedly the disintegration of the freeman subculture has, IMHO, resulted in disagreement about what freemanary is and what the freeman believes.

To be critical, I believe this disagreement is driven by the selfish desire of freemen, freeman gurus and freeman spokespersons to avoid being left holding a bag that contains one or more of the movement's abject failures.

If the trend continues freemanism will be about nothing.
Last edited by arayder on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, I second WES's request, I would like to see a definition and FROM Ninja. I want to see/hear what his take on it is, seriously!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

wserra wrote:
So what is a "freeman on the land"?
My answer would be: It is a myth. There is no such thing as a "freeman on the land".
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Concessimus eciam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri,
Which is translated as "We have also granted to all freemen of our kingdom". Now "liberis hominibus" is two words but "freeman" had a specific meaning in mediaeval England. What I will say, even with my crap knowledge of Latin, is that you would never translate "regni nostri" as "on/of the land".

While we wait for a response let say that, IMHO, the "on the land" part of "freeman on the land" gives a nod to fmotl/sov legal theory which misunderstands the nature of admiralty law.

According to a set of pre-fmotl pseudo legal scholars, from whom Menard borrowed much of what he spews, the laws modern democracies are admiralty law and as such have been unjustly foisted upon free men who live on the land.

This absurd misunderstanding of western law gives rise to subsequent freeman claims that no statute law applies to them.

Add a dash of anarcho-libertarianism with freeman theory of consent, that all law is contract law, (didn't they say all law is admiralty?) and the recipe is complete.

I wish I had a dime for every time a freeman has stood up in court and shouted that statutes don't apply to them! Freeman revisionism about how they believe in good government is a ruse aimed at diverting attention from their movement's years of poor scholarship, failure and double talk.
notorial dissent

omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri
translates from the latin as "all the free-men of our kingdom"
which basically meant people who weren't serfs, and mostly pertained to the nobility and what was then the middle class and gentry. Does not mean at all what the FOTL types think it does, term ceased to have any real meaning in our culture when indentured servitude and slavery were abolished.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

arayder wrote:
While we wait for a response let say that, IMHO, the "on the land" part of "freeman on the land" gives a nod to fmotl/sov legal theory which misunderstands the nature of admiralty law.

According to a set of pre-fmotl pseudo legal scholars, from whom Menard borrowed much of what he spews, the laws modern democracies are admiralty law and as such have been unjustly foisted upon free men who live on the land.
That is my understanding too. It is a made-up term just to say "I am on land therefore I am not bound by admiralty law." I have asked a few of them if our courts secretly apply admiralty law what was the purpose of execution dock. I have yet to receive an answer.
that all law is contract law, (didn't they say all law is admiralty?)
This bit always puzzles me. They claim that statute law is really contract law and yet contract law is almost entirely a common law subject. So statute law is contract law, is common law and is admiralty law.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
arayder wrote:

According to a set of pre-fmotl pseudo legal scholars, from whom Menard borrowed much of what he spews, the laws of modern democracies are admiralty law and as such have been unjustly foisted upon free men who live on the land.
That is my understanding too. It is a made-up term just to say "I am on land therefore I am not bound by admiralty law." I have asked a few of them if our courts secretly apply admiralty law what was the purpose of execution dock. I have yet to receive an answer.
that all law is contract law, (didn't they say all law is admiralty?)
This bit always puzzles me. They claim that statute law is really contract law and yet contract law is almost entirely a common law subject. So statute law is contract law, is common law and is admiralty law.
How this translates into the new freeman talking point of "good government" is beyond me.

If freeman legal theory can be used to wiggle out from under centuries of western law, what makes freemen think they can endorse and encourage a "good" government knowing full well that their colleague's only skill set is trying to wiggle out from under government's legal authority.

By the core beliefs of freemanism any government freeman gurus might endorse, or put in place could be ignored by other freemen.

It's insane.
notorial dissent

The problem is, I think, that you are trying to associate logic and reason with a philosophy based on based on fantasy, falsehood, and illogic. It just doesn't work.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

If your case is "on the docket" that means your case is "docked". Oops, now you're in admiralty. Better add a phrase to all your filings saying you refuse to consent to your case being on the docket.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

grixit wrote:If your case is "on the docket" that means your case is "docked". Oops, now you're in admiralty. Better add a phrase to all your filings saying you refuse to consent to your case being on the docket.
And, if you understand all that, it means that you "stand under" the court's jurisdiction; so the best approach is to deal with your court case with the same intellectual probity which characterizes your legal research and interpretation skills.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

It seems to me that freemanism is nothing more than nihilism dressed up as a political philosophy.

Unable to find a reality in history, law or custom for their freemen world view these nihilistic ninnies endlessly disparage all tangible moral truths and tell each other that traditional legal, and moral values and beliefs are groundless illusions.

Not realizing the contradiction fotl gurus tell us that the idea of freemanism is real!

It quite the thing in the freeman cult to opine that the law, the crown, the police, the banks are illusions. The truth is these Kierkegaardian wannabes embrace only the illusions they like.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

wserra wrote:So what is a "freeman on the land"?
I see that a number of Quatloosians have answered my question. Fine. But it was addressed to bmxninja357, who hasn't.

ninj - given that you're a moderator of a forum that has tons of misinformation on it, you've been generally treated politely here. So could you answer the question?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I still think they got the term man on the land from here at about 0:36.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I believe the name Freeman, as the Freemen On The Land use it, is derived from the Magna Carta. Specifically;
29. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.[53]
Which is why they are all so big on the Magna Carta.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

And yet they have no idea of what the term actually means.
wserra

Post by wserra »

I'm not so much interested in where it comes from as what bmxninja357 means by it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

@wserra,

sorry for my delayed response; have been doing some traveling and such and in the mountains i have much better things to do than play computer.

but as to your question. now i believe it was rob (menard) who first coined the term freeman on the land. however the meaning is like law and has evolved over time. and as was pointed out earlier it has no definition or cite in law. this is a bit off kilter. if one was to ask say, judge rooke im sure he could come up with one. however other groups like say 'the progressive conservatives', 'the wild rose party', 'social credit', 'new democratic party', etc. also once had no meaning, definition, or legitimacy. through time and action this changed. i guess one could say 'freeman on the land' is a concept or ideal. one that evolves to meet the needs of the people, as best it can.

now we need to keep in mind i do not speak for the wfs, any of its members, or really anyone but myself. so since the question is actually,
wserra wrote:I'm not so much interested in where it comes from as what bmxninja357 means by it.
i can answer without over reaching my boundaries.

if i was to define the first word i would use this definition,

"freeman
One born or made free as to civil rights.
Source : William C. Anderson, A Dictionary of Law (1893)"

now im sure at some point the "on the land" did refer to admiralty law; but as i have said my understanding has grown and as a whole i would say the term, 'freeman on the land' is a simple way to distinguish this group from others.

and as an aside, some seem to belive 'freeman' comes from the magna carta when it actually dates back much further. for example: http://books.google.ca/books?id=C8IT45X ... &q&f=false
(bottom right of page 883)

hope that answers a few things.
peace,
ninj
Last edited by bmxninja357 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....