DMVP Goes North

Moderator: Burnaby49

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

DMVP Goes North

Post by wserra »

I'm not sure how many of our Canadian/U.K./Australian/N.Z. members are familiar with David Merrill Van Pelt. He is one of the few non-spammers ever to get banned from Q. And to the usual suspects: THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO "FILL THEM IN" ABOUT HIM. PLEASE DON'T. I post this only because David is now giving advice to Canadians on "redeeming lawful money". It's hardly worth mentioning that the whole stupid idea is based on the misreading of a U.S. statute.

Anyway, Van Pelt is going back and forth with a Canadian poster named "amosfella". "amosfella" talks about how he "exchanged for an equal amount of credit, or Bank of Canada Notes at par value only" and how "it appears that all attempts in Canadian statute secede the definition of Lawful Money of Canada to the US definition". David suggests "Exchanged for an equal amount of credit, or Non-negotiable Bank of Canada Notes at par value only" or "Special deposit only, or Non-negotiable Bank of Canada Notes at par value only" instead. Dueling gibberish. David also astutely observes that "It is natural to deal in lawful money so a special reason must be provided for the Bank of Canada to dishonor your claim and demand!" No doubt. "GTF outta here!" would seem to be sufficient "special reason", though.

Finally (as of now; there's always more in David's case) Van Pelt provides amosfella with two documents. The first he describes as a "Canadian rendition of Notice and Demand that is based in public v. private money". It appears to be a demand for a refund from Vancouver resident "Paul Frederick of the Anderson family", which Revenue Canada sends him. I don't know enough about Canadian law to know if there is anything suspicious about this exchange - as, for example, a CtC refund which later gets its claimant indicted. The second doc is a fill-in pdf called a "bid bond" - it appears to be some sort of performance bond used by someone who wishes to do business with Canadian government. Van Pelt, of course, calls it "Order Lawful Money Canada". Don't try to make sense of David. We did that once, and it was a major mistake.

In another thread on Van Pelt's board, "amosfella" divulges what must be a top Canadian secret: your money is schizophrenic. It has "a lawful money side and a legal tender side". The whole point is finding the dividing line. Once you can do that - well, I'm not exactly sure what happens. It must be important, though. Maybe all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Nah, that was Ghostbusters.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: DMVP Goes North

Post by fortinbras »

Having worn out his welcome here, Van Pelt is now going north of the line. This may set back US-Canadian relations by decades. In the previous decade David-Winn: Miller tried peddling his dementia in our Neighbor to the North (a serious error on the part of our State Dept to let him go) and was unceremoniously dumped back on the US (a more serious error to let him come back).
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

As a potentially affected Canadian I'm not too concerned. As Wserra says the whole Van Pelt nonsense is based on misreading of an American statute that has no Canadian equivalent. I followed the whole Van Pelt saga and I couldn't make any sense whatever out of his gibberish so I'm assuming that we Canadians, being a simple people, are probably just too unsophisticated to benefit from his genius.

The American obsession with Federal Reserve Notes, redeeming money for gold and silver, and whatever nonsense Van Pelt pushes, is too divorced from Canadian law and history for any credibility (not that I'm implying that David has any elsewhere). While we have our share of lunatic theories, often taken from American sources, none revolving around paper (now plastic) money has gained any traction.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Anyone who cares to see what DMVP and his ilk are up to can go to the Saving to Suitors web site and take a look. While anyone is certainly free to register if one so chooses, heretical opinions might well bring down the ban hammer; and even if that doesn't happen you will never win an argument with a Suitor because, like David, they know the :lol: truth and are always :lol: right.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Burnaby49 wrote:...

an American statute that has no Canadian equivalent.

too divorced from Canadian law and history for any credibility

Next thing we know, these Canadians will be claiming that the "saving to suitors" clause, the entire UCC, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution for the United States of America (as amended), AND the King James Bible AND NESARA have no legal relevance in Canada.

That's rediculous. Just look at all the court cases -- as cited by the gurus -- proving that use of those laws and documents accomplishes --- um --- I'll get back to you on that.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

AndyK wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:...

an American statute that has no Canadian equivalent.

too divorced from Canadian law and history for any credibility

Next thing we know, these Canadians will be claiming that the "saving to suitors" clause, the entire UCC, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution for the United States of America (as amended), AND the King James Bible AND NESARA have no legal relevance in Canada.

That's rediculous. Just look at all the court cases -- as cited by the gurus -- proving that use of those laws and documents accomplishes --- um --- I'll get back to you on that.
Exactly so. We Canadian Quatloos followers just read all this stuff for the voyeuristic thrill. Well, apart from King James, some of our sovereign/Freeman types claim the Canadian government is illegitimate because it doesn't follow King James like a blueprint. However since the King James bible preceded your country by more than a century and a half we loyal Commonwealth members have more claim to it than you do.

You can keep your constitution, thanks anyhow, but we already have one.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Incidentally, is DMVP the same individual as this person, "David Merril", here engaged in a dual of wits with "minister" Edward-Robin-Jay: Belanger of the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International?
This is kind of old stuff, dates back to 2004.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

yes. he dropped his last name a while back.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:Incidentally, is DMVP the same individual as this person, "David Merril", here engaged in a dual of wits with "minister" Edward-Robin-Jay: Belanger of the Church of the Ecumenical Redemption International?
This is kind of old stuff, dates back to 2004.

SMS Möwe
That's our boy. If your stomach is strong, and you look at his posts on the Saving to Suitors site, you will see much of the same turgid religious prose as you see on the Ecclesia site.
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

He's basically a "category 5" idiot until he gets banned. Initial curiosity with him and his arguments as well as quirky graphics, his losing cases, stupid political and legal beliefs eventually wear thin...everywhere. One of the currency forums tolerated him way too long, I have no idea why as he was quite abusive and had no interest in being a teachable student in terms of the history and evolution of the money system. Before getting the final boot, the head of that forum and company predicted serious legal and tax trouble ahead for him.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)