:charles-norman: holmes, OPCA fighter for Justice! And cash.

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: :charles-norman: holmes, OPCA fighter for Justice! And cash.

Post by Burnaby49 »

My wife and I bought our house in Burnaby in 1978 for $70,000 and still live in it. Absolutely nothing fancy, just a two bedroom bungalow on one level with a basement built in the 50's in an average everyday neighbourhood. It is now worth over $1,500,000. Most of that gain has been in the last 5-10 years when the Vancouver area housing went crazy. It went up over 20% last year which is just insane for housing. Largely caused by a massive influx of foreign money, mostly Chinese, trying to get assets outside of their own country. Vancouver is actually a very small city by world standards (the entire Greater Vancouver area which covers over a dozen municipalities has just under 2.5 million in population) and all that money swamping in has overwhelmed the housing market. Just recently the Provincial government put a 15% tax (based on sales price) on Greater Vancouver area properties purchased by non-residents. The effects have been immediate with a huge drop in sales;
Reeling from the B.C. government’s Aug 2. introduction of a 15-per-cent land-transfer tax on foreign buyers, Greater Vancouver home resales plunged nearly 19 per cent in August from July. It was the sixth straight month of sales declines in the Lower Mainland. Sales activity in the Vancouver region has fallen 35 per cent since December and was 25 per cent below August, 2015, levels. Sales also fell in the neighbouring Fraser Valley, which includes several communities subject to the tax.

“The statistics for August has provided further evidence that Canada’s housing market has entered a cooling phase, with one of its two principal engines – Vancouver – now clearly in correction mode,” wrote Royal Bank of Canada senior economist Robert Hogue.

The average price of homes sold in the region fell 18 per cent from a month earlier, to $845,244. Vancouver’s benchmark price, which tracks the price of a “typical” home in the area, rose slightly in August from a month earlier and was more than 31 per cent above year-ago levels, to $933,100. The discrepancy reflects the fact that the new tax has mainly appeared to affect sales of more expensive detached homes.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... e31893212/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-est ... e31688214/

Although it probably means a significant drop in the value of my house I'm all for it. Young people just can't afford to live here any more, rent is killing them. I have two adult sons who have difficulty buying even a modest condo. Something had to stop the madness.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
biggulk
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by biggulk »

Charles Holmes sold a majority share of his company to Aurora Cannabis for $11.9 million.
And then once sold, he did not honour the contracts he made with prairie farmers.

It seems he doesn't mind being called Charles Holmes on press releases.....

May 15, 2018: $4.41 million: Aurora has purchased 10,754,942 additional Hempco Shares
(50% from Charles Holmes, 50% from Angela Holmes).
at $0.41/share (Aurora's ownership interest in Hempco is now 52.7%)

March 22, 2018: $4.3 million: Hempco issued 10,558,676 units, at $0.41 per unit, to Aurora. (Aurora owns 35% of Hempco)

September 18, 2017, $3.2 million: Hempco issued 10,558,676 units, at $0.3075 per unit, to Aurora.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well that explains one thing. When I attended Charlie's court hearing (written up in the beginning of this discussion) he owed the Canada Revenue Agency millions. I had no idea how he acquired that kind of tax debt and I didn't bother to look into it. Turns out he was involved in a legal medical marijuana operation although not one of the founders;
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a Canadian licensed cannabis producer, headquartered in Edmonton. It trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange as ACB. As of late September 2018, Aurora Cannabis had eight licensed production facilities, five sales licenses, and operations in 18 countries.
Stock price: ACB (TSE) $10.59 +0.87 (+8.95%)
Nov. 7, 4:29 p.m. EST - Disclaimer
Headquarters: Vancouver
Revenue: 18 million CAD (2017)
Subsidiaries: MEDRELEAF CORP, CanniMed, MORE
Founders: Steve Dobler, Terry Booth, Dale Lesack, Chris Mayerson
https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp& ... -XT0BPgVfo
Wellness starts with Aurora

Our award-winning support staff, experienced cultivators, and network of healthcare practitioners are here to help remove barriers to medical cannabis. We’re honoured to be part of a movement that’s helping Canadians across the country access their medicine; and as we grow we will continue to provide patients with reliable access to safe, consistent, and effective medical cannabis.

Born in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, we’ve been growing some of the safest and most thoroughly tested medical cannabis on the market since 2016. Our state-of-the-art facility in Cremona, Alberta, was specifically designed to keep our plants happy, and alongside a meticulous process of harvesting and curing we ensure only the best product arrives at your door.

From seed to sale, each bud is given the care it deserves at the hands of a passionate team that believes medical cannabis should be available to everyone who needs it.
https://www.auroramj.com/

For those not paying attention to Canadian news marijuana was just recently legalized and the biggest problem that the burgeoning industry has is supply. It's still not legal to grow it in quantities above personal consumption without a government license and currently only medical marijuana operations have licenses, along with ongoing operations, farm property, and expertise. So they're the only game in town and are perfectly positioned to benefit big-time from our new industry.

While there are actually patients who use marijuana medically, mainly, I believe, cancer patients for pain management as far as I can tell the medical marijuana industry is just exploiting a loophole in the law. It's legal to grow marijuana (with a license), sell it and to purchase it if the end user has a medical certificate from a doctor saying it's required for medical purposes. literally anybody can get one (go to a compliant doctor and complain about crippling anxiety) and it made marijuana informally legal. Even before legalization Vancouver had dozens of marijuana outlets, not legal but not prosecuted either. I didn't even know they existed until a few summers back when I happened to wander by one and wondered what the hell it was. So I went in and asked. Turns out there's nothing clandestine about them, police knew they were there and left them alone because the British Columbia government didn't place a priority on going after them. The one I visited was a regular store set up like any drug store.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

:charles-norman: holmes - RIP

Holmes died July 3rd of throat cancer.

Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 am
:charles-norman: holmes - RIP

Holmes died July 3rd of throat cancer.
Another of Wynn : Miller's acolytes gone I see...
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Along with Wynn : Miller himself.

Charles was the only really successful freeman/sovereign I've run across. He was constantly suing the government for one idiotic thing or another, a diplomatic passport, a formal recognition he wasn't subject to Canadian law, millions of dollars for reasons that made no sense whatever even within the Freeman gibberish context. He was eventually declared a vexatious litigant at the Federal Court of Canada. Yet he was also a very successful businessman. He owned, or partly owned, a legitimate medical marijuana operation here in British Columbia and, when marijuana became legal in Canada, he sold his share for millions.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Just goes to show that in spite of themselves and their best efforts some people can succeed.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:21 am Just goes to show that in spite of themselves and their best efforts some people can succeed.
File it under "Even-a-blind-pig-can-find-a-truffle."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff