Larken Rose's crowd funding project

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Larken Rose's crowd funding project

Post by Quixote »

Larken Rose has noticed that if someone does not immediately reject his ideas as idiotic, he can eventually wear that person down and convince him that anarchy is workable. At least that's what I got out of the 8 minutes of his video that I watched. So he is trying to develop an interactive virtual reality thingy that will somehow sneak up on the listener and convince him before he realizes that the idea is moronic. He admits that whatever it is he wants to develop would not work to teach someone anything objectively true. He also seems to be saying that it would allow the listener to reach a conclusion completely different from the one he intended. My guess is that it will disappear, along with his contributors' $50,000, just like every other Larken project. What I don't understand is why he isn't trying to raise more money. Perhaps he never watched The Producers.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Larken Rose's crowd funding project

Post by Famspear »

If Larken would just grow up, he might accomplish something. Mentally, he is still a kid in his "you're not the boss of me!" and "you can't make me do it!" and "b-b-b-b-b-but it's not faaaaaaiiiiiirrr!" phase.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Barkin' Larkin is basically at heart a conman, and is even too lazy and inept at that to make a living. I'm sure he must have some good qualities, although we know singing, accounting, and tax law aren't among them. He doesn't seem to do well at gurudom, as even at the height of his stupidity, he seemed to have a very poor and apathetic following, so I'm kind of at a loss as to where he should apply himself, and I think we can bypass actual work altogether since he seems to have no inclination there either, so I'm not sure what else is left. Toyboy...nah, not with that mullet. Just no suggestions.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Just perusing the comments of the supporters on the YouTube link is stressing my irony meter:
Woodrow Voluntaryist1 wrote:I don't know. I'm just wondering how you would convince someone to do this who isn't willing to listen to reason
What a coincidence. This is the same issue Quatloosians face when trying to convince a TP or sovrun that they are wrong.
Brandwein42 wrote:Haha, the first thing i thought while hearing him the first few minutes:
"Wow, he is smart and rational."
But that is not what I thought about you when I read your post.
Jamie Nelson wrote:Larken, This can be free to the user and profitable for you. Add a voluntary addition to it with in-game Bitcoin gambling and take a cut.

Uh, Jamie, I think Larken has already figured out a way to make this profitable for him. That is to get people like you to crowdfund it. Let's see if you can figure out an easier way for you to not having your money end up in Larken's pocket.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:Barkin' Larkin is basically at heart a conman, and is even too lazy and inept at that to make a living. I'm sure he must have some good qualities, although we know singing, accounting, and tax law aren't among them. He doesn't seem to do well at gurudom, as even at the height of his stupidity, he seemed to have a very poor and apathetic following, so I'm kind of at a loss as to where he should apply himself, and I think we can bypass actual work altogether since he seems to have no inclination there either, so I'm not sure what else is left. Toyboy...nah, not with that mullet. Just no suggestions.
Chimney sweep. Or at least, the brush.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4