Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

"Sovrun" light?

Post by Paths of the Sea »

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: "Sovrun" light?

Post by notorial dissent »

Young, dumb, and incredibly stupid.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The "license plate" they had on their car read:

"Non Resident 6-55-502. Privilege tax on nonresidents prohibited. Lienholder (my chattel)."

The reference seems to be to Tennessee Code Title 6, Chapter 55, section 502, which reads as follows:
6-55-502. Conflicting ordinances invalid; Scope of part; License tax on nonresidents prohibited.

(a) All ordinances, rules or regulations heretofore passed, enacted or promulgated by any incorporated municipality of the state in conflict with the provisions of § 6-55-501 are declared inoperative and of no effect.

(b) Neither § 6-55-501 nor this section shall prohibit municipalities from maintaining and operating safety lanes, inspection bureaus or stations, or shall abridge their right to require city automobile tags.

(c) No municipality shall require any person who does not reside within the municipality's corporate boundaries to purchase a city automobile tag, or pay any license fee, regulatory fee, inspection fee, safety inspection fee, or any citation or fine for noncompliance with any regulatory, license, or inspection requirement, or tax of whatever nature for the privilege of driving a motor vehicle on the roads, streets or highways of such municipality.
Which prohibits *municipalities* from requiring fees or tags on automobiles of nonresidents, but has nothing to do with the power of the *state* to require registrations and license plates.

And they are in jail because they refused to sign the citation, which is really stupid, because signing the citation is only an acknowledgment that you received the citation and is not an admission of guilt or a waiver of any defense.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

LPC wrote:And they are in jail because they refused to sign the citation, which is really stupid, because signing the citation is only an acknowledgment that you received the citation and is not an admission of guilt or a waiver of any defense.
If the officers in Tennessee are anything like the ones here in Texas, they would have told the precious snowflakes that very thing.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

This is one of those issues where urban myth seems to reign in some people's minds as to how the government/establishment/auhtority tricks you into admitting guilt or responsibility. I face a similar issue when presenting evalautions to my employees and one of them gets the idea that somehow signing the evaluation means that they agree with the findings and rating. This is in spite of the facts of (1) the signature box explaining that the purpose of the signature is to acknowledge receipt of the evaluation and rating and (2) me explaining the same thing to employee who suddenly refuses to sign. It does not matter that the employee has the right to contest the evaluation within the timeframe required and therefore having a chance to change the rating. The employee at that point is convinced that by signing he or she is somehow agreeing to the rating or is giving up their right to contest the rating. This has become so prevalent that management has had to provide a separate check box for "Refused To Sign" for the rating summary just so the system can process and close out the rating period for that employee.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

The Observer wrote:The employee at that point is convinced that by signing he or she is somehow agreeing to the rating or is giving up their right to contest the rating. This has become so prevalent that management has had to provide a separate check box for "Refused To Sign" for the rating summary just so the system can process and close out the rating period for that employee.
If it were me who was running that business, I would be inclined to get rid of those employees. I truly do not need employees who cannot and will not read and are that stupid.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Duke2Earl wrote:If it were me who was running that business, I would be inclined to get rid of those employees. I truly do not need employees who cannot and will not read and are that stupid.
I agree - if I were running the business. But it isn't a business and I am not the head bureaucrat in charge. Throw in a national agreement with the union, labor relation attorneys who see fatal problems in any attempt to discharge an employee, and by that point, you are in for all sorts of fun and excitement.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I tried this link but ended up at a 7 minute video. Is that what you meant? Anyway, if he is on medication the dose is wrong and if he isn't on medication, he should be.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I tried this link but ended up at a 7 minute video. Is that what you meant? Anyway, if he is on medication the dose is wrong and if he isn't on medication, he should be.
Plenty of alternative articles on them, just use her somewhat unusual name in a Google search. Turns out she has her own website, an "Official Xylie Website" no less with a "Xylie Biography".

http://www.officialxylie.com/biography/

The biography refutes one of Notorial Dissent's comments however;
notorial dissent wrote:Young, dumb, and incredibly stupid.

I'm not about to argue the dumb and stupid however she is going to have her 40th birthday in a few months so "young" does not seem appropriate. Her biography is big on her purported talents but short on any record of gainful employment;
Xylie Desiree Eshleman (born September 4 1974), profesionally known as Xylie, is an American singer, guitarist, multi-instrumentalist, poet and songwriter from Los Angeles, California. Xylie has a mezzo soprano vocal range. Her main genre is alternative folk rock, however she incorporates many elements of blues, jazz, alternative-country, pop, reggae, indie, electronic and jam band.
But she's been on the big screen!
In 1994 the Grateful Dead documentary Tie Dyed was aired nationally in movie theatres and Xylie had a notable speaking part.
She's also into glassblowing.

You can purchase her new album (to be released on July 26th if her legal problems don't cause a delay) from her website. I'll pass, I'm not big on music that explores the murky water of the false self. I'm just not an introspective guy.
In 2013 Xylie and Dustin remastered their folk rock songs and put them all onto one cohesive album called LOTUS, officially announced on April 20, with a release date of July 26 2014. The limited edition albums were removed from retailers. This was done in order to promote the best songs that were never properly promoted as well as to unify her sound into alternative folk rock as opposed to eclectic dance, hard rock, pop, alternative.

The meaning of LOTUS to Xylie is involved, on one hand it signifies the subconscious coming to light, to understanding and losing the ego. The murky water is the false self, the dark confusion we all must lose in order to meet our true self and potential. On another level it signifies the songs that never saw the light, working to reach the surface to see the light of day and realize their full potential.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs