Governor of Maine caught in Sov Cit scandal

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Governor of Maine caught in Sov Cit scandal

Post by Demosthenes »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/ ... gn-citizen
McCarthy’s description of LePage’s participation and remarks might be dismissed as simply an unfortunate series of miscommunications and exaggerations of the actions of a governor just trying to appease some constituents and supporters without really understanding who he was talking to or what he was talking about. The fact that the meeting was far from a one-off event makes this less likely, however. The Watchmen describe—and e-mails and documents obtained from LePage’s staff through Maine’s Freedom of Access laws confirm—at least eight meetings over a period of nine months in 2013, almost all more than an hour in duration and some lasting almost three hours.

During these regular meetings, according to the participants, the governor was “educated” by a series of “experts” brought in by the Constitutional Coalition on a number of their conspiracy theories. LePage also made a series of promises to the Watchmen that he would assist them in pressing their cases of treason against Eves and Alfond and in pursuing their wider antigovernment aims.
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Governor of Maine caught in Sov Cit scandal

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

As Will Rogers said, "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock."

I would add something my father once said when, as a very young man I asked him how a politician he despised had been reelected: "Even crazy people get to vote."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Pretty standard stuff from the guys influencing the Governor.
Entry of Appearance text

Now Comes, I, a living flesh and blood man with a soul, Jack-William…McCarthy , requesting an Entry of Appearance as 6th Amendment counsel on this date 18, January 2014 in this action to be a legal counsel and adviser and to represent the named party, a living man with a soul named Jack-William…McCarthy, pursuant to the United States Constitution, 6th Amendment and pursuant to Title 28 USC, Judiciary and judicial procedures, App. Rule 17 under civil rules of procedure and federal Rules of Civil Procedure as a party of interest and as a next friend.
Maine Constitution Section 6. Rights of persons accused. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall have a right to be heard by the accused and counsel to the accused, or either, at the election of the accused;
To demand the nature and cause of the accusation, and have a copy thereof;
To be confronted by the witnesses against the accused;
To have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in favor of the accused;
To have a speedy, public and impartial trial, and, except in trials by martial law or impeachment, by a jury of the vicinity. The accused shall not be compelled to furnish or give evidence against himself or herself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, property or privileges, but by judgment of that person's peers or the law of the land.

Whereas the named party, john doe jones, in this case, lacks confidence in any attorney as said attorneys represents the State and or Federal government as member of the Bar Association and as such members' first obligation is to represent lawyers in general and BAR Association in particular (see “100 Years of Law and Justice” Booklet written by H.T. Silsby II, Alan Stone and William Dawson Jr. ) then State and or Federal governments best interests and not the client's best interest, the named party, john does jones, in this case, has requested that Jack William…McCarthy(, a living flesh and blood man with a soul), holding position by Congressional mandate and Legislative law as a Private Attorney General , to act as 6th Amendment counsel in this action on HIS behalf.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The ADL weighs in:
Mark Pitcazage is the director of investigative research for the Anti-Defamation League, a nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting hate groups. He’s been following the story developing in Maine and said that while members of the Constitutional Coalition hold “degrees of Sovereign Citizen ideology,” he’s hesitant to label the whole group as such.

“I don’t believe all of them are Sovereign Citizens,” he said Thursday. “They’re absolutely anti-government extremists, and it would probably be fair to label them as part of the Patriot Movement, which is a term for a large class of anti-government extremists who believe in conspiracy theories.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/07/03/p ... eadBoxNews
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Jack-William…McCarthy
So how does the ... formula differ from the : one? Or the "of the family" one?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Maybe the : fell down and coughed up a hairball to become ...
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

McCarthy seems to be/think he is the chief sovrun nutball du jour in Maine at the moment. He has a presence via his "radio" network, and considering just how small Maine really is populationwise, he may well be the chief nut. He certainly is a sovrun any way you look at it, and very definitely anti-government. I suspect his followers, such as they are, probably are pretty much to one degree or another as well. Again, in as small a population center as Maine you're going to find most of the same collection of ideologies, there just aren't going to be as many in each group and they may end up having to take up with the biggest mouth, in this case McCarthy, to have a presence, which would account for the variety in his followers, I'm still betting that the majority are still just plain old everyday run of the mill sovruns, perhaps the Maine variant, but still sovruns none the less.

There has also been a movement among the anti-govt types and the sovs primarily to get people to move to Maine, and the other small population states, to help take over the state gov't there and then declare independence. Not very realistic, but then when ever was anything sovcit related? The Maine Independence Movement has been a hoot to follow. They are all living in a serious fantasy world, but there are any number of them I would put on the dangerous list. I don't know if McCarthy is a part of that or not.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

A "common law grand jury" story from Maine is going viral on the tinfoil circuit.

Is it related to this?
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

Jeffrey wrote:A "common law grand jury" story from Maine is going viral on the tinfoil circuit.

Is it related to this?
Can you link that story? I love CLGJ insanity, its always guaranteed to be popcorn eating quality.

By the way, this story just illustrates how important it is to have good advisers. The minute he set up a meeting with these idiots the staff should have anonymously notified the staff lawyer and the chief of staff. Even if the good governor is amenable to this flavor of insanity, his chief of staff should have at least told him it was political suicide (which would be more than enough to get most politicians to back off).
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

Demosthenes wrote:The ADL weighs in:
Mark Pitcazage is the director of investigative research for the Anti-Defamation League, a nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting hate groups. He’s been following the story developing in Maine and said that while members of the Constitutional Coalition hold “degrees of Sovereign Citizen ideology,” he’s hesitant to label the whole group as such.

“I don’t believe all of them are Sovereign Citizens,” he said Thursday. “They’re absolutely anti-government extremists, and it would probably be fair to label them as part of the Patriot Movement, which is a term for a large class of anti-government extremists who believe in conspiracy theories.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/07/03/p ... eadBoxNews
What is it with the ADL recently? Its almost like their favorite thing now is going around proclaiming everyone is not a sovereign in these cases, even when clearly we are dealing with sovereigns. The practical distinction between whether every member of this group is a sovereign (vs Patriot movement vs just non-categorized crazy) is pointless and only serves to confuse the public. And that is assuming Mark is correct on this one, which I don't believe he is.
notorial dissent

Jeffrey wrote:A "common law grand jury" story from Maine is going viral on the tinfoil circuit.

Is it related to this?
Please share, don't keep all the fun to yourself.

I think it is entirely possible that the world has passed ADL by since the new generation of crazies doesn't follow the old patterns they keep wanting to see, and don't all carry membership cards and march around in robes and burn crosses on people's lawns anymore.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb35vN_sWXE

http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... maine.html
ON June 19, 2014 the organic American states of the Union — known as The United States of America exercising plenary civil power upon the land — issued Orders to all Members of the domestic Police Forces, US Marshals Service, the Provost Marshal, members of the American Bar Association, and the American Armed Services; and Appointed General Carter F. Ham to lead and command The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) and its successors under the guidance of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and with their full support.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The real fruit salad on the Maine Unified Grand Jury press release can be found at:

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2014/07/0 ... nd-wide-j/

Remember, read responsibly!
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

LPC wrote:The real fruit salad on the Maine Unified Grand Jury press release can be found at:

By the way, the address on the press release is 3 Linnell Circle, Brunswick, Maine, and one of the first comments on the above blog reports that to be the address of a 950 sq ft mobile home.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

LPC wrote:
LPC wrote:The real fruit salad on the Maine Unified Grand Jury press release can be found at:

By the way, the address on the press release is 3 Linnell Circle, Brunswick, Maine, and one of the first comments on the above blog reports that to be the address of a 950 sq ft mobile home.
That's correct. I just looked at the address on Google Maps and Bing Maps; and especially on the latter we can see that Linnell Circle, and the streets on either side, are full of mobile homes.

Now, for "General" Carter F. Ham. He is the general who, conspiracists allege, was fired for defying the orders of Leon Panetta to tell US military forces to stand down before the Benghazi attacks. In reality, GEN Ham was simply relieved as part of a normal change of command.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

The cra cra is strong in this bunch, along with the anti-semitism, and probably any number of other isms.

I'm not sure but what that nonsense they sent to the Pentagon isn't going to come back and bite them big time i hope, as that is basically a call to open insurrection.

I also suspect the real GAR will object rather pointedly to them using their name.
mpo
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by mpo »

Demosthenes wrote:Pretty standard stuff from the guys influencing the Governor.
Whereas the named party, john doe jones, in this case, lacks confidence in any attorney as said attorneys represents the State and or Federal government as member of the Bar Association and as such members' first obligation is to represent lawyers in general and BAR Association in particular (see “100 Years of Law and Justice” Booklet written by H.T. Silsby II, Alan Stone and William Dawson Jr. ) then State and or Federal governments best interests and not the client's best interest, the named party, john does jones, in this case, has requested that Jack William…McCarthy(, a living flesh and blood man with a soul), holding position by Congressional mandate and Legislative law as a Private Attorney General , to act as 6th Amendment counsel in this action on HIS behalf.
Okay, I had to look up the booklet "100 Years of Law and Justice". Actually, that links to a commentary on the booklet by Phil Merletti.

To quote Truman Capote, "that's not writing, it's typing." Just under 25,000 words of typing. To be fair, it appears that Merletti padded by word count by copying the same document on the page twice.

Highlights from the first few hundred words:
Paragraphs, they appear to be optional.

* Arguments, well, when you start out saying you should read the original booklet to "compare my interpretation to prevent any accusations that I have taken anything out of context." You know that the whole thing is going to be out of context.

* Maine is trying to hide the truth by keeping a copy of the booklet in their law library.

* BAR conspiracies.

* Gold fringe nonsense.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Having followed some of Gov. LePages's prior antics, I am less than surprised. In my opinion he is quite a few keys short of a piano.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Pantherphil
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Pantherphil »

My measure of whether a political organization in Maine has any credibility depends on whether or not they can turn out more people than a Methodist Church bean supper. The Maine Constitution Coalition (or whatever they call themselves) doesn't pass this test any more than Carolyn Chute's Maine Militia which had our left leaning news media all in a dither a couple of years back. As far as I can tell, this Constitutional Coalition outfit has about 4 ineffectual old dubs who lug their briefcases around Maine trying to peddle their conspiracy theories including Agenda 21, the impending U.N. takeover of America, the imposition of martial law, and what have you to anyone who will listen. Apparently, they wish to instruct the County Sheriffs on their constitutional duties. Frankly, I've lived in Maine since the 1970s and follow Maine news pretty carefully and I never heard of these clowns until last week. Pretty good article about them in the Lewiston Sun Journal (limited access) and the Bangor Daily News which allows them to hang themselves on their own petards. They seem to be about as much of a "terrorist" or "extremist" threat to the republic as the little sisters of the poor.
Of course, the left wing flacks see a lovely opportunity to connect our mindless Gubernator to domestic terrorists for political gain. Hence much silliness about connecting these guys to Timothy McVeigh, the Posse Comitatus, and various other scary people. No domestic terrorism here, folks. Just the usual sovereign stupidity.
notorial dissent

Pantherphil, long time no see.

As near as I can tell from a little digging, there seems to be three fruitcake factions all vying for the same teeny bit of spotlight, the Maine Constitution Coalition, the Unified Grand Jury crowd, and the Maine Independence crowd.

I think your summation of them is probably pretty close on, as I would be willing to bet that they are all factions of a handful each, probably not even enough each for a good game of cards.