Governor of Maine caught in Sov Cit scandal

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Governor of Maine caught in Sov Cit scandal

Post by webhick »

Please leave the disparaging remarks regarding political leanings at the door.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

The state has a fair share of people looking for rhyme and reason in the cosmos and in state governance; I know the state fairly well in terms of the physical geography, it can be a great place to be in the summer and into fall. Unfortunately the economics of the average worker in the state is not fairing so well as with those with reliable incomes as with the tourists. From the downeast coast, to the mountains, there is quite a bit to celebrate but not as much to employ the average worker. Even the canneries, the potato, blueberry, and apple harvests are not what they once were. My guess is that the proliferation of extremists has something to do with hardship and lack of opportunity. I could give dozens of anecdotes about being there, working there, people I have met in Maine, etc.. Every Appalachian Trail hiker who makes it through the southern A/T looks forward to Maine. But the day to day realities of the average state resident are quite another story.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I see McCarthy, one of the Governor's bestest sovrun buddies, and the apparent mastermind behind the Governor's edjamication in sovrun law, just got his sovrun streetcred ticket punched on the 14th and got convicted of "operating a vehicle without a license" according to the Bangor Daily News.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

notorial dissent wrote:I see McCarthy, one of the Governor's bestest sovrun buddies, and the apparent mastermind behind the Governor's edjamication in sovrun law, just got his sovrun streetcred ticket punched on the 14th and got convicted of "operating a vehicle without a license" according to the Bangor Daily News.
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/07/15/n ... a-license/
A Woodland resident and a member of the Constitutional Coalition, a four-man group of conservative activists in Maine, was convicted of two counts of operating a motor vehicle without a license on Monday.

Jack McCarthy, 63, was found guilty after a less than two-hour jury trial in Aroostook County Superior Court in Caribou before Justice E. Allen Hunter, Assistant District Attorney John Pluto said Tuesday.

According to Pluto, McCarthy let his driver’s license lapse in 2011. He was ticketed for the offense after he was subsequently pulled over by State Trooper Jared Sylvia on U.S. Route 1 in Monticello in 2011 for having a license plate light out, and again in 2012 in Presque Isle for the same offense by Presque Isle Police Officer Ryan Eagles.
The rest of the article is worth a read as well.
Chados
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Chados »

It can be a real challenge for folks to find the line between sovereign insanity and typical ultra right wing politics. The line between the Tea Party and sovereign ideology is often hard to find. John Darash, of NLA infamy, is a Tea Party organizer. NLA brass held a common law grand jury organizer in a nearby county a few weeks ago that was sponsored by the local Tea Party organization. That sounds like Gov. LePage...a Tea Partier who drunk a big ol' glass of sov-cit koolaid. I've seen serious candidates for state legislatures seduced by this stuff, and weren't we talking about one special nut a couple years back that abandoned a run for the state house in favor of becoming a RuSA senator right before Jimmy Tim went to the gray bar bed and breakfast? They come from all walks of life, not just the trailer park, tricorn-hat-sporting typicals. I've seen cops get sucked into filing UCC Form 1s like it's the Word of God. Bankers. Business people. Teachers. Professionals. All of them seemed to have two things in common: extreme right wing political beliefs and serious personal financial issues.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think what you're saying is largely true, I don't think there is a "typical" sovrun or whatever, as they do seem to wander in from all corners of life. There's just something there in their personalities that is attracted to the woo in spite of all good sense or warning.

On the other hand, from what I've heard from people more familiar with the state than I am, LePage was already fulling packing the weird before he ever got entangled with McCarthy et al, and was just looking for a rail to run off of.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.