Ishaq Ibrahim - Sovereign Bank Robber Citizen

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Ishaq Ibrahim - Sovereign Bank Robber Citizen

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Here's another one:
Ishaq Ibrahim argues he cannot be tried for armed bank robbery because:
“I’m a sovereign citizen of a sovereign state and my common law rights have been withheld and denied,”
and of course the search warrant is invalid:
“This is a counterfeit and fraudulent document,” said Ibrahim, holding a copy of the search warrant, adding he’s also being held on “grossly excessive bail.” “I’m stuck in a cell all day, your honor. It hampers my defense.”
His accomplices are not trying this approach. One has already been found guilty (http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/articl ... 598019.txt)

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Ishaq Ibrahim - Sovereign Bank Robber Citizen

Post by notorial dissent »

So we're now going with the "I'm a sovereign citizen you can't arrest me defense" it would seem, and I'd ask "How's that going for you?"? obviously not well from the sounds of it.

What I'm still trying to figure out was since when, or when in fact, was it EVER a common law right to rob a bank, or anyone for that matter? Maybe they would like the old common law punishments to be invoked for their efforts?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

notorial dissent wrote:So we're now going with the "I'm a sovereign citizen you can't arrest me defense" it would seem, and I'd ask "How's that going for you?"? obviously not well from the sounds of it.
:sarcasmon: Trying for "diplomatic immunity"?

Of course, you need to be a real diplomat from a real country to do that....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And not getting caught for actually having committed a crime might help as well.... but probably not gonna happen.

Maybe on the positive side we'll finally get our very own version of Rook v. Rook, now wouldn't that set the sovcits off!?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

My name is Sonstar Runner
http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/2 ... ed-sonstar
Claiming to be a “sovereign citizen,” an alleged gun toting robber accused of taking part in the holdup of a Lower Pottsgrove bank made a strange request in court, asking a judge to address him by his new name, “sonstar.”

Ishaq Ibrahim, 28, of Philadelphia, even spelled it out for Montgomery County Court officials, carefully and adamantly maintaining his adopted name is spelled with lowercase letters.

“Objection, that’s not my name. He’s committing fraud,” Ibrahim bellowed in court at one point when Assistant District Attorney Gabriel Magee referred to arrest documents that identified him as Ibrahim. “My name is sonstar, for the record. I’m the sovereign man, the living man.”