Dexter Martin (aka Mushon Martin Bey) & Lelawatie Sookhoo

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Dexter Martin (aka Mushon Martin Bey) & Lelawatie Sookhoo

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Just keep on rollin' in. This time Moors with many, many identities:
These Moors are bringing down the Moorish reputation - tis a pity:
An Orange County couple facing fraud charges got the attention of Homeland Security.

According to reports, the couple claims to be part of a religious group called Sovereign Citizens.

It took investigators seven months to piece together the investigation against Dexter Martin and his wife, Lelawatie Sookhoo.

The investigation started when Martin got in a car accident and a Florida Highway Patrol trooper found Martin was going by the name Mushon Martin-Bey, and claimed to be part of the Moorish Religious Society.

The group’s parishioners often claim sovereign citizenship, and change their names without filing legal documents, as investigators discovered in this case.

They said Martin-Bey visited a car dealership on Orange Blossom Trail and got a fraudulent title for a car using his new name.

They also found Sookhoo used a modified version of her name to get eight different IDs from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Reports said the couple racked up liens on three homes under their fake names, totaling nearly $25,000.

Leaders with the Moorish Science Temple of America said in a statement that radical fringe groups are giving their religion a bad name with these types of crimes.

A spokesperson said the group “is in no form or fashion a Sovereign Citizen Movement” and “all members must obey the laws of the government.”

One of the homes the couple owned is being foreclosed on.

WFTV contacted Homeland Security after investigators mentioned their assistance in the arrest reports for the couple, but officials have not commented.
Any suggestions what the Homeland Security angle would be? Or would their involvement be common wherever there are fake ID's?

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dexter Martin (aka Mushon Martin Bey) & Lelawatie Sookho

Post by notorial dissent »

I really shouldn't read these things early in the mornign before my first cup of coffee....You realize, that I read the title as Mushroom Martin? And now I can't get that out of my head...

First time I think I remember sovruns being labeled a religious group.

What I'd like to know is how Sookhoo got multiple ID's from her DMV, when it practically takes a court order to get a replacement driver's license when you have your birth certificate and they have the old one, with picture on their computer from our state office.

My guess, is that if Homeland is involved there is a whole lot more going on, or at least they thought there was, probably ID theft or fraud at the very least, and maybe a whole lot more and they just nailed them on the theft and fraud as being the easiest ones to make.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:
Any suggestions what the Homeland Security angle would be? Or would their involvement be common wherever there are fake ID's?

SMS Möwe
My guess would be the multiple IDs in different names. That is one of the things Homeland Security was supposedly set up for, to detect terrorists operating inside the country under false IDs. Don't know if it would be common for them to get involved publicly but it is under their purview.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Seconding notorial's point. I'd love to know how the hell she pulled that off. You need to provide like 20 forms of ID to get an ID from the DMV.

Not to mention why would you willingly go to the DMV more than once.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Jeffrey wrote:Seconding notorial's point. I'd love to know how the hell she pulled that off. You need to provide like 20 forms of ID to get an ID from the DMV.

Not to mention why would you willingly go to the DMV more than once.
Requirements for Obtaining a Permit/License

An individual must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a permit/license.
All new applicants must complete the required written, vision and skills tests administered by the Kentucky State Police before obtaining a permit/license
If the applicant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the Driver License/Identification Card application form. This form is available in Adobe PDF format here.
If the applicant is under the age of 18, a School Compliance Verification form from the student's school district must be presented. (reference No Pass/No Drive Law- KRS 159.051).

Kentucky state law requires an application for a driver's license to contain the following:

Applicant's full legal name.
Applicant's date of birth.
Applicant's Social Security number.
Proof of the applicant's Kentucky residency.

Acceptable documents for the purpose of providing this information include, but may not be limited to, the following: (photo copies are not acceptable).

For full legal name and date of birth- Birth Certificate.
For Social Security number- Social Security card (laminated cards not accepted).
For proof of address- Utility bill, mortgage documents, rental agreements.
3 items are needed if over 18, at least here and I remember Maryland being the same. If you can get the birth certificate you can get a SS card. That is one of the things HS is supposed to monitor. One of the reasons for Md changing their birth certificate to multiple different ones was so that people could not get and use the name of a stillborn child to get fake IDs. All you needed to get a copy of the certificate was a picture ID. Of course that is of you are doing it legally. Doing it illegally is a lot easier.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"